PDA

View Full Version : Strategy comparison page

nullhead
05-30-2013, 05:58 PM
I want people to post strategies ( no matter how efficient you need to be) and also counters, if you comment on one, say what title (or if you want a new one, a non-existent title) and I will add (or make) it.

strategy 1

opening build

opening strategy

midgame
make an army of 2 giants, 8 albows, and 1 shadowrath /or (bieng debated)/ 6 spears, 5 albows, 2 mages, and 1 archer

final battle

endgame

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 06:03 PM
This can be a beat the strategy above you thread :P

Anyways, ill just work with a population limit of 50, since that is the standard for matches and any more usually makes the same generic army. It would be nice if other people did so too.
An army of 2 giants, 8 albows, and 1 shadowwrath.

nullhead
05-30-2013, 06:13 PM

Anyways, ill just work with a population limit of 50, since that is the standard for matches and any more usually makes the same generic army. It would be nice if other people did so too.

really, I usually get 80, and use it all.

merich1
05-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Okay.

6 Speartons, 5 Albowtrosses, 2 Magikill, and 1 Archidon.

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Okay.

6 Speartons, 5 Albowtrosses, 2 Magikill, and 1 Archidon.

So lets compare. My shinobi kills one of your magikill, then dies. Your down to one magikill now. You have 6 speartons too. and 5 albows. You can either attack me with your speartons, in which case your magikill is undefended, or block bolts with them, in which case my giants can attack your albows. Plus, you need to kill my giants first if you want to do anything to my air with those albows. I can use my albows to dodge poison, and get a few potshots at your albows while im at it. Of course, the magikill is a nusiance, and reduces my attacking time with the albows alot. But overall, I think my army would win. and giant animation cancel ftw lol:P

merich1
05-30-2013, 08:11 PM
So lets compare. My shinobi kills one of your magikill, then dies. Your down to one magikill now. You have 6 speartons too. and 5 albows. You can either attack me with your speartons, in which case your magikill is undefended, or block bolts with them, in which case my giants can attack your albows. Plus, you need to kill my giants first if you want to do anything to my air with those albows. I can use my albows to dodge poison, and get a few potshots at your albows while im at it. Of course, the magikill is a nusiance, and reduces my attacking time with the albows alot. But overall, I think my army would win. and giant animation cancel ftw lol:P

Let's see. I'll just let my army attack on its own, so I go for the Giants first. It's pretty hard to micro both your Albows and your Giants, so either your Albows are damaged or you lose most of the advantage of animation cancel Giant. I get the poison on the Giants, so that's a small advantage. I can also Electric Wall them, and harass your Albows. I don't know.

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Let's see. I'll just let my army attack on its own, so I go for the Giants first. It's pretty hard to micro both your Albows and your Giants, so either your Albows are damaged or you lose most of the advantage of animation cancel Giant. I get the poison on the Giants, so that's a small advantage. I can also Electric Wall them, and harass your Albows. I don't know.

I was just joking about the animation cancel, and in a real fight I would most likely be controlling the albows, as the giants are there for just meatshielding. Anyways, If you let the speartons attack all on their own, then killing your magikill becomes alot easier. After a few hits, your magikill is dead, and then ill proceed on killing your albows, then sniping at your speartons.

stickman311
05-31-2013, 04:48 AM
Hey, we haven't decided if his opening is good

merich1
05-31-2013, 04:58 AM
I was just joking about the animation cancel, and in a real fight I would most likely be controlling the albows, as the giants are there for just meatshielding. Anyways, If you let the speartons attack all on their own, then killing your magikill becomes alot easier. After a few hits, your magikill is dead, and then ill proceed on killing your albows, then sniping at your speartons.

Is it just me, or are Albows really easy to meatshield? Every time I use them it's near impossible to target the units I want instead of the ones in the front.

THEFORCE
05-31-2013, 06:40 AM
Is it just me, or are Albows really easy to meatshield? Every time I use them it's near impossible to target the units I want instead of the ones in the front.

You can VERY easily counter albows...

PUMU
05-31-2013, 11:22 AM
10 arch 20 sword 2 magikill 1 giant and whatever else i want with tower

THEFORCE
05-31-2013, 05:33 PM
10 arch 20 sword 2 magikill 1 giant and whatever else i want with tower

2 Ninjas, 8 spears, 2 merics, 10 archers.

merich1
05-31-2013, 06:38 PM
2 Ninjas, 8 spears, 2 merics, 10 archers.

Seriously? 10 Archers, 20 Swords, and you don't even get a single Magikill to kill all of it?

YJang
05-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Seriously? 10 Archers, 20 Swords, and you don't even get a single Magikill to kill all of it?

I agree!!

PUMU
05-31-2013, 09:39 PM
I avoid magikill well the majority of the time

THEFORCE
06-01-2013, 12:46 PM

Le Ninjas will take care of Le magikills. Le archers will get those swordwraths wiped out in a few seconds. Le merics will heal my speartons. Le spears will take care of the rest.

merich1
06-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I avoid magikill well the majority of the time

Well, if you're busy avoiding, you're not damaging with your Swords.

THEFORCE
06-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Well, if you're busy avoiding, you're not damaging with your Swords.

That's true. Going mad on low tier units is not a good idea...

jerrytt
06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Solution! send 6 swords as suicide to kill that magikill.

PUMU
06-02-2013, 12:40 AM
you dont realize that there is a column of a path of sorts that i can decide to go up or down upon avoiding the targeted area of the explosion and side stepping with poison the magikill will be killed regardless as long as my archers are safe. then simply replace swords that may have been killed. or simply send 3 with rage to smash the magikill and put the rest and whatever other units of priority there are. you will not win this argument. stop trying.
while i am avoiding i am still moving closer to the magikill i simply sidestep out the way for a second to avoid explosion.

THEFORCE
06-02-2013, 05:02 AM
you dont realize that there is a column of a path of sorts that i can decide to go up or down upon avoiding the targeted area of the explosion and side stepping with poison the magikill will be killed regardless as long as my archers are safe. then simply replace swords that may have been killed. or simply send 3 with rage to smash the magikill and put the rest and whatever other units of priority there are. you will not win this argument. stop trying.
while i am avoiding i am still moving closer to the magikill i simply sidestep out the way for a second to avoid explosion.

I don't think 3 swords will kill that mage if he has the three spells...

merich1
06-02-2013, 06:03 AM
you dont realize that there is a column of a path of sorts

What does Electric Wall do?

PUMU
06-02-2013, 08:27 AM
assuming he purchased all three of the spells and had time to research them all before i obtained tower. my swords will avoid the electric wall by simply hanging back killing the spears if any that take chase. my archidons will kill the magikill afterwards or tower spawn will get 'im. either way that magikill is gone. assuming of course with rage the opponent had enough time.
my 3 swords with rage will cause damage to him whilst he moves to target the majority. unless he really feels the need to target my 3 swords

jerrytt
06-02-2013, 08:31 AM
okay... 3 SWORDS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KILL A MAGIKILL SURROUNDED BY AN ARMY

the 3 swords wont even be able to touch that magikill with all thoses archers around.

merich1
06-02-2013, 09:31 AM
my swords will avoid the electric wall by simply hanging back

Which means you're losing valuable damage on my Speartons. Which proves my point.

jli
06-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Alrighty, this looks like a nice "defend your favorite build against a horde of people that think it sucks" thread, so I'll give it a whirl.

9 swords, 12 archers, 2 ninjas, 3 speartons.

Although I'll just mention that this thread is inherently flawed as it doesn't take early game wins into account.

THEFORCE
06-02-2013, 09:56 AM
assuming he purchased all three of the spells and had time to research them all before i obtained tower. my swords will avoid the electric wall by simply hanging back killing the spears if any that take chase. my archidons will kill the magikill afterwards or tower spawn will get 'im. either way that magikill is gone. assuming of course with rage the opponent had enough time.
my 3 swords with rage will cause damage to him whilst he moves to target the majority. unless he really feels the need to target my 3 swords

You say you attack with 3 swords... My archers snipe. If you have six, archers could snipe some and the rest for the mage to take care of. Archers? I got speartons over here..

merich1
06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Alrighty, this looks like a nice "defend your favorite build against a horde of people that think it sucks" thread, so I'll give it a whirl.

9 swords, 12 archers, 2 ninjas, 3 speartons.

2 Giants, 7 Speartons, 4 Magikill.

Although I'll just mention that this thread is inherently flawed as it doesn't take early game wins into account.

Let's just assume both players turtle in a friendly and wait for each other to finish building their army.

jli
06-02-2013, 11:17 AM
2 Giants, 7 Speartons, 4 Magikill.
Okay, depends on what you do. Your build would win with perfect micro though.

Let's just assume both players turtle in a friendly and wait for each other to finish building their army.
But see, that's the flaw. If these builds were functions, this thread would be analogous to analyzing their end behavior and using that to conclude that one build is better than another. However, at an earlier point, one build may be able to overtake another before it is even complete, but this point is overlooked.