PDA

View Full Version : mage start, friend or foe?

nullhead
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
I think that if you do an early mage, it can outdo your opponents easily in the beginning.

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Keep in mind that attacking a mage with 6 swordwrath is just about effective as attacking with 12 of them. While 6 swordwrath is alot easier to obtain than an early mage. + are you getting poison and wall? that would make your early mage alot less "early" too. Anyways, how would you defend your miners while you get your mage? Any decent player would rush you.

THEFORCE
05-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Keep in mind that attacking a mage with 6 swordwrath is just about effective as attacking with 12 of them. While 6 swordwrath is alot easier to obtain than an early mage. + are you getting poison and wall? that would make your early mage alot less "early" too. Anyways, how would you defend your miners while you get your mage? Any decent player would rush you.

Or SHINOBI!!!

fram
05-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Or guys you use to start the fram method- (somethingX swords)- that sounds better than the dark method as it sounds a bit racist

YJang
05-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Bad idea dude... you will fail to defend yourself at the beginning if they rush you.

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-01-2013, 02:30 AM
This a a really really bad idea dude.... It will take a long time to make a mage... and the enemy should rush you already or have an army....sorry, but it isnt a good idea.

nullhead
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I know, you people have a thing against that. But if you have maybe a couple other units to defend it, and have all the upgrades, then when the others are making low-tier units, you can attack them and kill them easily.

Bresn
06-04-2013, 06:57 PM
To avoid rushers killing your miners and taking down the statue, you should at least have few units and remember to make your miners attack if you ONLY have miners. I managed to kill two swordwrath with miners.

FailingAtFailing
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
A mage is not an early game unit. Maybe if you turtle and get a few spears before getting the mage, you might do good. But I don't know, they could get a ninja with similar costs.