PDA

View Full Version : Spearton Shield and Single Mage Attack

kchiu
06-02-2013, 08:24 AM
I've been testing a strategy where you build up your speartons and get a magikill(and the spells) and attack. nce your enemy realizes they need to take care of your magikill, send your speartons for the attack. Use extra money to buy giants.(If you're against giants, you have to poison the giants,then retreat. I've won most of my battles this way. I just haven't found its weakness yet.

PUMU
06-02-2013, 08:29 AM
swords or shadow run around your spears and kill you magikill.
albows have fun

jerrytt
06-02-2013, 08:30 AM
one shadowwrath+albows

nuff said. You should try getting walls, so you mage is less vulnerable. Multiple magikill also helps.

_Ai_
06-02-2013, 08:34 AM
I will now point out this strategy's flaw. I hope you dont get angry, like a certain person I knew.

1. Shadowraths. They can assasinate your mage in one blow with Shinobi 2.
2. Lack of ranged units. Ranged units such as Albatross deals heavy damage to your Speartons.

These two combined, Shadow + Alba, your strategy is now invalid.

kchiu
06-02-2013, 08:45 AM
i usually attack early,so albatrosses and shadows aren't usually a problem, because of the mana cost,but units going around my speartons cause a problem. I also use the sword bash from time to time.

kchiu
06-02-2013, 08:46 AM
shield bash*

jerrytt
06-02-2013, 09:01 AM
there are some good points to this strat. If you have extremely good micro, you can go shield bash+electric wall for massive damage to ground troops (stun them frst, and when they are rooted to the spot for a few seconds, cast an electric wall on em.

jli
06-02-2013, 09:15 AM
there are some good points to this strat. If you have extremely good micro, you can go shield bash+electric wall for massive damage to ground troops (stun them frst, and when they are rooted to the spot for a few seconds, cast an electric wall on em.

I agree. Don't underestimate the power of shield bash, it has a ridiculously long stun time (5 seconds) and can surprise an enemy.

THEFORCE
06-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I think this strategy is good. Try to add merics, albowtross and maybe one giant...

kchiu
06-02-2013, 09:55 AM
i'm also just building up about 20 speartons(at least 15) and just garrison your miners, and the speartons run to destroy enemy statue,not worrying about enemy units attacking unitil statue is gone.

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I think this strategy is good. Try to add merics, albowtross and maybe one giant...

and try to get miner wall for protecting your mage. (nobody cant go throught minerwall)

THEFORCE
06-02-2013, 09:57 AM
i'm also just building up about 20 speartons(at least 15) and just garrison your miners, and the speartons run to destroy enemy statue,not worrying about enemy units attacking unitil statue is gone.

:P I hate when someone does that... But he could make walls, castle archers, mages, swordwrath.

_Ai_
06-02-2013, 10:05 AM

This is called Spearton Rushing, but most of us already know how to counter this.

badplayer
06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
lmfao bait them with the magikill and then spearton rush them. that's golden!

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-02-2013, 10:17 AM
lmfao bait them with the magikill and then spearton rush them. that's golden!

I would take out your mage with my ninja, and the rest is for my costume army...

Nyarlathotep
06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
I agree. Don't underestimate the power of shield bash, it has a ridiculously long stun time (5 seconds) and can surprise an enemy.

If anyone ever requests proof of this, have them fight SupahSemmie. ._. Shield bash abuse is epic.

Narsheh
06-04-2013, 10:16 AM
I hope you dont get angry, like a certain person I knew.
Hey, that's because you always argue with every single tiny unnecessary detail and countering-back with hypothetical thinking without even trying my strategies nor even watching the replays with an excuse. >_>

OT: I use to do this a lot of times. :D Usually, I use more than 2 Magikills so I can cast spells twice as fast. What I would recommend you though is to garrison your Magikills in your castle at all cost. This will prevent the opponent from knowing that you have Magikills, thus not giving him a reason to buy a Shadowrath.