PDA

View Full Version : Simple Strategy

Bresn
06-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Rush

Note:Remember to also make more miners, you would need them for end-game. This strategy will drain your resources fairly fast due to the need of units all the time during end game. Passive income is very useful.

Quickly get about five miners, your fifth miner should go pray for some mana. Start producing swordwrath and go to the middle of the map to scout around. If you see A SINGLE unit, you can go attack it or keep your distance away.

Next get at least two more swordwrath and get the rage skills, if you have extra resource, get the spearton skills. Make sure your army has at least three swordwrath and a meric. Speartons and archidons not needed for now but it will boost your army a lot.

Go on the offensive and charge, but if you got attacked first, make sure your meric heals the units. Inflict some damage and attack the miners if possible. DO NOT let your whole army perish, retreat as soon as your units get weak.

You need to focus on meric, speartons and swordwrath units right now(Archidons does not have to be produced), and keep attacking the other side.

Now, it should be end-game and you shoud have plenty of resource. Get a shadowrath and make sure you have cloaking(The more the better), next, go over to the enemy side and cloak as soon as you see a enemy unit, probe around and then attack the miners, ignore the enemy soldiers.

You will most likely not be able to pull your shadowrath(s) in time but at least one miner should be dead. Which will hurt the enemy's outcome.

After that just keep making more units. But you really want to buy the giant upgrade and also save up for a giant.

By the time you got the upgrade and a giant, your army should be:Four swordwrath, two archidons, two speartons, three meric, and a giant(Wizard would be nice)

Then keep attacking your enemy while making more units.

Expected Result:Your enemy should be overwhelmed and you are mostly likely going to see miners retreating into castle countless times and maybe a spearton or swordwrath once in a while trying to protect the statue.

Defensive then Offensive

Note:This strategy requires you to keep your army IN your side of the map and avoid all contact if possible.

Like above, your fifth miner should be praying, but this time you want to make a sixth one. Then you produce a swordwrath and let it guard your base.

As you get more and more miners and resources, you should be reseraching upgrades and making more units. You should have:Three swordwrath, one spearton, and one meric. It's a good combo that's fairly cheap.

Make few more swordwrath/archidon combo or speartons. But focus on giant and it's upgrade right after.

Expected Result:Your enemy's army should be destroyed(Or nearly)and some of their miners should had been killed or at least hurt if you did not manage to destroy the statue in a single charge.

jerrytt
06-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Several things.

1. bad macro. Your units all consist of swords and spears, which dont queue at the same time, meaning that if you buy 2 spears and 2 swords, i could have 2 spears and 2 archers by the time you get 2 spears.

2. Bad start.any player above 1500 would attack you in the beggining, ieven if its just a swordwrath n the begining, or a sword archer start. You would have no units to defend in short maps like castle.

3. Albows bro. Albows pwn u.

Bresn
06-02-2013, 04:19 PM
It works for me just fine since I spam swordwrath to hold off attacks and speartons for my offensive attacks.

jerrytt
06-02-2013, 05:09 PM
if it works fine now, then u can rank up until it doesn't. then, eventually the higher up u get, the more people there are that can counter it.

Bresn
06-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah I know, I guess I got to make it better.

xanderman222222
06-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah I know, I guess I got to make it better.

Don't worry just make less swords and 1 magikill 1 giant and some albows

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
1. Welcome to stick page
2. As you heard... It is not a really good strat agains 1500+....but It could work for under this..... Just make some changes and you get better
3. Respect.... how lond did it take to made this thread???

Bresn
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
1. Welcome to stick page
2. As you heard... It is not a really good strat agains 1500+....but It could work for under this..... Just make some changes and you get better
3. Respect.... how lond did it take to made this thread???

I'm around 1250 right now, it took about half a hour I think.

I have realized there is a better combo for both strategy. Crossbow, magikill, shadowrath and and lots of swordwrath is soooo op....

merich1
06-03-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm around 1250 right now, it took about half a hour I think.

I have realized there is a better combo for both strategy. Crossbow, magikill, shadowrath and and lots of swordwrath is soooo op....

You might get killed by people with multiple Magikills.

Bresn
06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
You might get killed by people with multiple Magikills.

My new Crossbow, magikill, shadowrath and and lots of swordwrath combo would handle it.

Counter magic with magic(Magilkill)
Sneak attack enemy base(Shadowrath)
Good old noob spam(Swordwrath)
Shoot all ranged units and slowly kill off the rest(Crossbow)
Smash everyone(Giant)

I was able to assemble a decent army by endgame and man I was op. Here: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1408991&version=1.64
Around endgame I finished off his army rather fast and I realized shadowrath spam with cloak is just.... AWESOME.

_Ai_
06-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Shadow spam. Classic. And you used Shadow the wrong way, Shadows should target mages.

merich1
06-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Basically my army is a balanced mix of Spears and Albows, with 2 Shadows and 2 Mages thrown in.

Spears: Basically tank and be awesome
Albows: Pretty much kill stuff
Shadows: Assassinate Mages to start the battle
Mages: Pwn with AOEness and basically render Swordwrath useless

0rderEmpire
06-07-2013, 10:54 AM
May,i ask of your rating?

merich1
06-07-2013, 10:56 AM
May,i ask of your rating?

Whose?

If you mean mine, then it's 1450, because I can't micro well.