PDA

View Full Version : New sig

CriticalDesign
06-15-2008, 08:06 PM
In my sig. C&CPLZ

MadHatter
06-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I saw it earlier and I thought it was pretty badass. I'm amazed that you can do all of that with just GIMP. I think i'm going to get back into sigging because I have been really bored lately, but instead of using PS I think i'm just gona try GIMP out for a bit.

EDIT: Why the hell does GIMP take so damn long to startup?

Karthago
06-16-2008, 09:55 AM
lol ... if youve got ps then use it! i'd give a shit about gimp if i had ps.

cause gimp isnt as good as it.

anyway, i like the mos def one really! the other ones nice as well but i dont like that weird render at the far right side of it. that quadrat like one

CriticalDesign
06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
To be honest, guys, GIMP and Photoshop are the same. In fact you can even use PS filters in GIMP. I used to use PS but I prefer the layout of GIMP, however I might start using both since next year they are making us use PS in school.

Yeah, GIMP takes way longer to start up, makes up for the file size I guess.

Here's some stuff if you want details.

http://grimthing.com/archives/2007/01/11/Gimp_vs_Photoshop/

Thanks for the comments, too ^^

Karthago
06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Gimp has effin many windows, its time intensive to use it.

And it hasnt got the "quality" of PS. For example digital art isnt possible to make as good as ps when youre on a "high" level. Brushes dont work as good.

whatever... but im sure of it takes way longer to use gimp to create stuff than ps.

CriticalDesign
06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Nah, I make stuff at the same speed, the difference is when making professional prints and marketing, the colours are off and the quality is a bit lower.

But I havent used PS in so long, I don't really feel like going back.