PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that these strategies are timeless and infallible?

nullhead
06-04-2013, 05:41 PM
I think that the way we think and write on these forums needs reform, I mean we post strategies thinking that they will work forever, when we don't realise the thing in front of our noses, strategies are easily countered, no matter how good it is, if that was true, the prussians probably would still be on earth, we just need to give tips, not the strategies that will eventually be hopelessd beyond imagination.

06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I think that the way we think and write on these forums needs reform, I mean we post strategies thinking that they will work forever, when we don't realise the thing in front of our noses, strategies are easily countered, no matter how good it is, if that was true, the prussians probably would still be on earth, we just need to give tips, not the strategies that will eventually be hopelessd beyond imagination.
Not all strategies are easily countered. Some of the strategies that the top players in SE play are almost balanced, and whoever wins is determined by who has more skill than the other person.

nullhead
06-04-2013, 06:00 PM
trust me, no strategy is timeless, no principles are either, and skill includes judgement, strategic judgement, and it's only a matter of time untill it's countered.

06-04-2013, 06:01 PM
trust me, no strategy is timeless, no principles are either, and skill includes judgement, strategic judgement, and it's only a matter of time untill it's countered.
There's also micro, which person has quicker reflexes than the other person. For example, in some sword+archer vs sword+archer games, the person who rushes both the sword and the archer at the archer will probably beat the other person who doesn't.

Narsheh
06-04-2013, 11:44 PM
...Wow, you're right... :(

Although I write down strategies myself, I know not many people would try this nor would be able to successfully pull it of...

I'm not kidding, this thread was pretty deep for me.

You know what, maybe instead I can make an encyclopedia of good tips instead of complex strategies. :)

fram
06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
YAY lets do that (to ^^^^^^^^^ post

sorefinger
06-05-2013, 03:29 PM

yeah i have to agree with u

_Ai_
06-07-2013, 04:11 AM

In other words, you say that we should not write strategies at all? We strategy writers knew that every strategy will be countered. No exceptions. Though, they still want to post it, because they know that it would help people. These kind of strategies will work on a certain ranking, but from then on, you'll have to develop your own style; these strategies are merely stepping stones to success.

Its the same with tips; we can give them. But its up to them, to practic than or not. And we cant say for sure our 'tips' will help. They will either include micro, or macro, that can only be found with training/ranking.

0rderEmpire
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM
YEAH YEAH ALL STRATEGIES ARE USELESS. BUT THATS NOT HOW ANYBODY WOULD PLAY A MATCH. IT DEPENDS ON THE ENEMY'S STRAT AND MANY OTHER FACTORS.