PDA

View Full Version : A zombie series.

Nubblecakes
06-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Hey there folks, my first post here and such.

Well, I've always wanted to make an awesome action/comedy series heavily based on the game Counter-Strike: Source. One that's done well with good animation, voice acting, and writing. I proposed it to a friend of mine who leads a clan on a popular zombie mod server in CSS, and he thinks it's a good idea.

We started to put out some ideas and we came to the conclusion that the series should be based on the actual zombie mod for CSS, but not verbatim to it. The idea I have in mind is try to take the actual gameplay of the zombie mod plugin for CSS and incorporate a story around it to make it somewhat believable. I've actually thought up a decent story. If you're interested, have a read:

It's in the near future, the very near future. Two factions are fighting in a battle zone known as Lila Field, also considered the "Panic Zone" because of the constant fire fights that break out (by now, those of you who play zombie mod for CSS should understand that this is based off of the popular map "zm_lila_panic"). For about 4 years now, they have engaged in battles that have lead to almost no where, always ending up in stalemates. The two factions are just about tired of it, until one day, a soldier of the rebel's army collapses in the heat. He's immediately rushed to a medical tent to rest, when all hell breaks loose.

The soldier has become infected by a deadly virus (this is based off of the random player being selected as a zombie at the beginning of each round in the game). He has already infected 3 others, and it's only a matter of time before more people catch the deadly virus.The story is not meant to be deep and epic or anything. The idea is to make a short animated stick figure series that's heavily based off of the Zombie Mod gameplay in CSS; that is funny and action-packed. Me and my friend are already sorting out the characters for the story, and we are picking out people who we commonly play the game with as voice actors.

We aren't just picking people who babble over voice chat a lot or anything, we are trying to get people who can do good voice acting for the dialog. Believe me, there are some pretty funny people we play with. The dialog itself will be heavily influenced by what we tend to talk about, and how we talk about it. This is where the unique comedy will kick in, mainly, but also the events that will occur in the show itself.

Who we currently need:

Who we really need right now are any good animators who are willing and interested in this idea. I'm the one writing the story and me and my friends as a whole will come up with the dialog and do the voice overs, we just need someone who can make a good stick figure animation using Flash and such to incorporate our work into it. I know it's such a big job for me to just come in and ask of it, but we are determined to work on this thing all summer to get it made. If any of you talented animators out there are interested, let us know. Our goal is quality and entertainment with this series.

Bonk
06-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Sample of audio?

Like, maybe some of your humour to see if it's good?

Nubblecakes
06-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Well I mean we've only just started.

Once we round up all the voices we can start making some dialog. I guess we'll make that our priority since we really should present some sort of evidence that we are reliable.

Bonk
06-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Actual animation is the last step, because the animator has to know what to work with and stuff.

So no one is going to commit yet.

Nubblecakes
06-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah I figured so. I didn't want them to start animating right away. I just want to see if anyone would be open eventually for it. I'll be working like crazy to get the plot rolling and such.

Rather Cheesy
06-17-2008, 01:41 AM
This site isn't the best for projects like this, You'll have a hard time finding a good animator for this. It does however sound like and interesting idea. I would help out, but I'm nearly finished with another project [SPP contest II] and I sorta want to take a break form animating for awhile before I start anything else up. Plus I promised alot of other people I'd make a new collab after the contest. So I probably won't be able to help with this.

Good luck finding someone though.

EDIT: Plus I'm not that great an animator, not bad, but none of my stuff is on the frontpage. [unless my SPP contest entry is good enough]

Nubblecakes
06-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Do you know of any good forums to post at? I was thinking about SFDT, but I'm not sure if that's a good place or not.

Deathwish
06-17-2008, 02:11 PM
shiftlimit.com

They have better animators than us >_<

Rather Cheesy
06-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Do you know of any good forums to post at? I was thinking about SFDT, but I'm not sure if that's a good place or not.

SFDT is not that great a site, they have the retro stick animations [like from the 90's] and thats about it. Deathwish has your best bet, Shift limits has some decent animators, I dunno if they'll help you or not but they're certainly better than us =P