PDA

View Full Version : If I start off on a short map with an early archer + swordwrath...

Birdman
06-06-2013, 06:01 PM
...what should I keep in mind if my opponent does the same thing?

-Is it better to target his archer first, or kill the sword first instead?

-And should I keep my archer and sword close together, or keep some space between them?

THEFORCE
06-06-2013, 07:53 PM
...what should I keep in mind if my opponent does the same thing?

-Is it better to target his archer first, or kill the sword first instead?

-And should I keep my archer and sword close together, or keep some space between them?

1. You should target the sword.

2. Keep them close to each other. That helps I guess? But remember that you have to go with archer first.

06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
1. You should target the sword.
If the opponent's archer is way in front of the sword, then you should attack the opponent's archer with your sword, and move past your opponent's sword with your archer and attack the opponent's archer with your archer.

THEFORCE
06-06-2013, 09:35 PM
If the opponent's archer is way in front of the sword, then you should attack the opponent's archer with your sword, and move past your opponent's sword with your archer and attack the opponent's archer with your archer.

But that is risky. I saw people fail sometimes at doing that and ends with getting there archers killed.

stickman311
06-07-2013, 02:24 AM
I don't know why, but somehow i always win sword archer battles. I just make the archer in front of the sword such that the sword will take 2 secs to pass the archer iff the archer is standing still, and also, target the sword. Move your archer if they target your archer with the archer AND the sword. try to make the opponent's archer target your sword too

merich1
06-07-2013, 05:51 AM
I like to put the Sword in front of the Archer, because it helps a lot against 1 Archer starts. If they target my Archidon first, I let my Sword attack on its own and kite with the Archer.

PUMU
06-07-2013, 07:51 AM
i love it when my opponent goes sword arch.
i keep flooding swords forcing him to keep his eyes on his units instead of his economy.
you wont kill the arch for sometime but it can be annoyingly overwhelming to deal with them even if he builds a second arch i will build one arch behind my swords now at least 6 by the time that opponents second arch ques then pester him further with more units.

merich1
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM
i love it when my opponent goes sword arch.
i keep flooding swords forcing him to keep his eyes on his units instead of his economy.
you wont kill the arch for sometime but it can be annoyingly overwhelming to deal with them even if he builds a second arch i will build one arch behind my swords now at least 6 by the time that opponents second arch ques then pester him further with more units.

I love it when opponents do that. I let my Sword die, kite with the Archer, and get a Castle Archer to secure my army. Then I just use my Archidon to damage his Swords and kite and basically annoy him while I build up my economy. If he gets an Archidon I trade Archidons with him - he's wasted so much time on building low tier units that can be killed by some good old Magikill micro and I'm ahead on economy too because he's spent so much money on units.

PUMU
06-07-2013, 08:24 AM
assuming you feel like spending 300 on castle arch on attempting to come and kill my swords and then you find out i have an archer out behind my swords. and im like rawr and you run back to garrison leaving me with tower and miners then your magikill comes and im like shadowrath smash! and im like roflol

merich1
06-07-2013, 08:34 AM
assuming you feel like spending 300 on castle arch on attempting to come and kill my swords and then you find out i have an archer out behind my swords. and im like rawr and you run back to garrison leaving me with tower and miners then your magikill comes and im like shadowrath smash! and im like roflol

I would play you if I could actually successfully execute my strategy. When I actually get good at microing add me and we'll test our strats out.

jli
06-07-2013, 09:44 AM
I would play you if I could actually successfully execute my strategy. When I actually get good at microing add me and we'll test our strats out.

Depending on the map, you'd lose.

merich1
06-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Depending on the map, you'd lose.

If it was at least as long as Ice Hills, I wouldn't start with 1 Sword, 1 Archer.

PUMU
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Yes but then again its all a matter of chance

merich1
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM

If he gets an Archidon I trade Archidons with him - he's wasted so much time on building low tier units that can be killed by some good old Magikill micro and I'm ahead on economy too because he's spent so much money on units.

Wut?

Besides, I'm not going to ATTACK with the Mage - that'd be idiotic. I'd build up my army behind a wall and then you go like Shadowrath smash and then my wall goes trolololololol and then you try to attack me with your Swords and then I blow you up with my Mage.

Besides THAT, I'd have a little army with me too.

jli
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
If it was at least as long as Ice Hills, I wouldn't start with 1 Sword, 1 Archer.

Ice Hills is the second longest map.
If you started sword + archer on forest or gates or swamp or desert, you'd lose.

merich1
06-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Ice Hills is the second longest map.
If you started sword + archer on forest or gates or swamp or desert, you'd lose.

Well, I must have gotten something wrong. I thought Gates was longer than Ice Hills. lol

But can you tell me why​ I would lose on forest, swamp, or desert?

jli
06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, I must have gotten something wrong. I thought Gates was longer than Ice Hills. lol

But can you tell me why​ I would lose on forest, swamp, or desert?

Well, most people start 1 sword 2 miners or 2 swords 1 miner on those maps. He'd have a better eco than you. Simple as that. On longer maps, you cannot afford to drop behind in eco. He can just spam swords with rage and take you out, or, as I would prefer, get a combination of swords and archers, which he can pump out faster than you.

merich1
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Well, most people start 1 sword 2 miners or 2 swords 1 miner on those maps. He'd have a better eco than you. Simple as that. On longer maps, you cannot afford to drop behind in eco. He can just spam swords with rage and take you out, or, as I would prefer, get a combination of swords and archers, which he can pump out faster than you.

But I could kill his army and force him to garrison and get a Castle Archer. PLUS I get the middle.

jli
06-07-2013, 11:47 AM
But I could kill his army and force him to garrison and get a Castle Archer. PLUS I get the middle.

Ah, but you are mistaken. He can keep pumping out swords and stall for rage, or get an archer of his own.

THEFORCE
06-07-2013, 07:43 PM

You won't get middle. He would bring more units than you cause his eco is much more than yours. He'll have middle and a better eco, and once he gets speartons out, castle archer is no problem at all.

merich1
06-07-2013, 07:48 PM
But during the time he's garrisoning I get extra Miners. That boosts my economy to equal level with his. Then because he makes units to chase me off the center, I have economy advantage because I spent that money on Miners and not units. Right?

So I get my Spears before him. So that's not a problem.

THEFORCE
06-07-2013, 09:18 PM
But during the time he's garrisoning I get extra Miners. That boosts my economy to equal level with his. Then because he makes units to chase me off the center, I have economy advantage because I spent that money on Miners and not units. Right?

So I get my Spears before him. So that's not a problem.

Tell me one reason why would he garrison... ._.

merich1
06-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Tell me one reason why would he garrison... ._.

My Sword and Archer.

THEFORCE
06-08-2013, 12:36 AM
My Sword and Archer.

And you would seriously make him garrison while he has 3 Swords?

merich1
06-08-2013, 06:50 AM
And you would seriously make him garrison while he has 3 Swords?

Okay, I admit, my strategy is flawed. I should stop arguing now.

Bresn
06-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Focus on the swordwrath, if you go for the archer you will take more damage when you retreat since you are closer to the enemy. It does not matter to me if I keep them close or far away.