PDA

View Full Version : Massing Counter and Tips on How to Mass

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Hello everyone!
In this post I'll be showing you guys how to counter shadowrath massing and spearton massing.(for some opponents,swordwrath massing) Isn't it annoying how your opponent sends huge masses at your statue? Read this to know how to counter massing(shadowrath, speartons, swordwrath, all kinds of massing!). This tutorial will also give you some tips on how to mass.
Swordwrath and Crawler Massing Difficulty: extremly easy
I will start from easiest to hardest counter. Swordwrath is the easiest, so I'll show that first. Experienced players you don't need to read this part.
1. Well obviously, the best way is to get a mage. The sooner the better. Archidons are also essential. I know that some experienced players are reading this at the moment o they would think about how archidons are killed easily by rage and pack mentality.
2. Get an early wall to protect archidons. By the time the swordwraths and crawlers come they'll be toasted. Fire arrows are optional. Next, take center pillar.
3. Now all ya gotta do is wait. When he reaches your army press defend. Get your mage ready to cast explosions and especially electric wall. When the army is dead you can expect the opponent to surender. If not finish him.
Shadowrath Massing Difficulty: easy
1. Shadomassing is easy to counter. When you know your opponent is shadowrath massing, switch strategy to defense mode.
2. Get central pillar and tower spawn to distract enemy. The army at center tower should consist of:
-Air defence(just in case)
-speartons
-1 meric with cure
3. At base, a strong sturdy defense should be up including:
-Allbowtrosses with blazing bolts
-2 miner walls
-Castle Archers(optional)
-2-3 mages placed in front of castle walls(with all abilities)
4. All you have to do now is wait. If the opponent is stubborn and won't charge, make him with towers spawn 2.
5. When the enemy gets to your base allow miners to attack and get ready to use mage. Electric wall your enemies to kill.WIN! Charge if he doesn't surrender.
Spearton and Juggerknight Massing Difficulty: medium
1. When you've found out he's massing, defence is the key. There is also another way which i will show later.
2. Take central pillar army should consist of cheap units.
3. Defence at base:
-Allbowtrosses with Blazing Bolts
-2-3 mages with all spells
-lots of miners
-miner walls
-resilience
4. When all defence is ready and you see him charging defend. Over the times I've played SE, i found out a strat. Send all miners to cover your statue, because most likely the opponent will keep on selecting on the statue but the miners will block his cursor, buying some time untill he realizes it. Use electric wall to kill speartons as well as other spells. There you go!
Spearton Massing counter second way Difficulty: medium
I will summarize what to do:
1. You will also have to spearton mass.
2. Place all speartons in front of base.( with air defence when nessesary)
3. Wait untill he charges for your statue.
4. Go for his statue.
Giant Massing Difficulty: medium
1. The most common way is to Spearton mass at the statue. I however suggest that you should have distraction forces.(see massing tips to learn)
Medusa, Marrokai, Meric, and Magikill Massing Difficulty: ALL
The most feared type of massing in SE history!
1. First step is to buy cheap units such as archidons and ragers(swordwrath)
2. The reason is because magical units require lots of money and using cheap units will not suffer a huge loss when beinng spell-casted on.
3. Kill off miners early, and get tower spawn. If he has a force waiting retreat, and get bigger army with more swordwrath. Place archidons in front of army in case of bombers.
4. When army is destroyed rage out as many miners as possible.
5. If you aren't following steps above and is already in a different situation start getting speartons with hold and bash. When medusas are present, hold. They cannot be affected by medusas stone ability. Kill off the medusa. Don't go for statue yet because when abiliy is recharged then you lose whe they go for statue. The same goes for all other magical units if they do lots of AOE or damage.
Deads massing Difficulty: medium
1. Start getting shadowraths.
2. Upgrade shinobi #2.
3. Kill off any opposing dead.
4. When you have enough, charge for enemy statue and shinobi at it.
5.SEE? EASY WIN!(EVEN IF DIFFICULTY SAYS MEDIUM)
Archidon massing Difficulty: medium
1. Train lots of speartons and archers.
2. Get a mage early. Upgrade all abilities for your forces.
3.CHARGE!!! Most likley the enemy will start kiting. Make him kite untill he garrisons. Place an electric wall on te statue. This will stop him from comming out of castle and damage the statue at the same time. VICTORY!!!
Allbowtross massing Difficulty: medium
1. On long maps, spearton mass at the statue. On shorter maps, it will depend on if he is the defence or the offense. If he is defence, spearton mass and have 2 merics and mages ready.
2. When at statue, send speartons at it and use spells and attack allbows. If he has walls use spells to destroy them and prevent units from crossing. If he is offense you can choose to be offense or the defence. If offense, have castle archers ready and end speartons at statue. If yo choose defence, then hold your speartons whie archers shoot to kill. The mages should be good support as well.
3. Just sit back in satisfaction as those fools drop from the air.
Eclipsor Massing Difficulty: medium
1.(see allbowtross.)
*MASSING TIPS*
To mass the following tips will be useful:
-have a good defence, do not mass at the start.
-create good economy
-create a decoy force. When charging for statue, send decoy force to distract enemy.

HOPE THIS'LL HELP THOSE STRUGGLERS OUT THERE! PLZ TELL ME OTHER THINGS I HAVE MISSED AND I WILL ADD IT! THANX!!

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Guys i will provide a replay soon!

merich1
06-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Not bad, but for Spearton/Jugger/Shadow massing, Resilience is ESSENTIAL.

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 08:15 PM
True but it takes 20 seconds to get resilience, by that time statue would be crumbling. Also i tested it out before and less than an 8th of statue health was gone when all enemies died. XD.
Disproved ya for once!

merich1
06-08-2013, 09:07 PM
True but it takes 20 seconds to get resilience, by that time statue would be crumbling. Also i tested it out before and less than an 8th of statue health was gone when all enemies died. XD.
Disproved ya for once!

But I faced a Spearton rusher once and lost because I forgot to get Resilience. At least say that it would be helpful.

I meant as part of your defense.

FailingAtFailing
06-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Disproved ya for once!

Having an eighth of your statue health left is better than none, besides, scouting is important. I notice spear rushers usually turtle, so I get a scouting advantage. If I see spears building up, I start getting resilience and castle archers, and possibly even a mage with electric wall.

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Alrite then, this tutorial is just for you! Mages are esential don't forget! By the way how you could not have won anyways because statue health comes in 20 seconds. If you get it beforhand, it will do nothing for your statue.

merich1
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Alrite then, this tutorial is just for you! Mages are esential don't forget! By the way how you could not have won anyways because statue health comes in 20 seconds. If you get it beforhand, it will do nothing for your statue.

It WILL do something for your statue. It doubles your statue health. You just can't see its effect when your statue is at full health because it doesn't have bars, unlike how you can see that Giants get more health when you get Giant Growth.

I know how to beat Spearton rushing, but I just can't do it without Resilience... I don't know how you do it. Can you show me a replay?

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Did you even read my thread? All the things that you said i said already in th post. Also i discovered that if gou get resilience before they're charging it does nothing to statue.

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Sure. Even without resilience. Ya gotta match me k?

merich1
06-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Did you even read my thread? All the things that you said i said already in th post. Also i discovered that if gou get resilience before they're charging it does nothing to statue.

Well I read your thread. I do everything you do usually and I still can't beat it without Resilience. And this is with 6 Albows, 3 Castle Archers, 2 Walls, 2 Magikill, 6 Speartons, and 12 Miners.

Anyways I have to leave now. Match you tomorrow k?

0rderEmpire
06-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Just saying but the quote you hihlighted was not meant for u.

isgood
06-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Just saying, a lot of your counters to massing is rush tower, which won't work everytime. A good albow masser would make walls and castle archers and resilience and kite your speartons so that wouldnt work. Same goes for giant mass. If they have over 4 or 5 giants with castle archers, etc. It wouldnt work.

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-09-2013, 07:19 AM
lol, okay: Against Magikill-, Meric- and Archer mass, just buy shadowraths with shinobie 2. One hit, one enemy down.

0rderEmpire
06-09-2013, 09:04 AM
I agree. But here is the dis advantage. Shinobi and shadowraths are very expensive and can still be affected by spells such as venom flux and others

isgood
06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
you can't have 13 giants. It also depends where his giants are, because if they were by the base with walls and castle archers and statue health then he wouldvee won

jerrytt
06-09-2013, 06:12 PM
stop double posting.

You'll get banned.

0rderEmpire
06-09-2013, 06:18 PM
HELP ME!!! I ALREADY GOT AN INFRACTION FOR THAT! WHAT TO DO?

jerrytt
06-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Stop Spamming
Learn to edit your posts, instead of making new ones.

stickman311
06-09-2013, 11:54 PM
lol, okay: Against Magikill-, Meric- and Archer mass, just buy shadowraths with shinobie 2. One hit, one enemy down.

Shadows in cloak can't catch up to archers, and shadowraths die very easily to archers

Hewitt
06-10-2013, 04:06 AM
OrderEmpire, you've been repeatedly warned and reported not to multi-post. I know you've only just begun to learn your lesson, but it's not fair to all the other times you screwed around without listening. Enjoy your 3 days off and stop making pointless threads in succession (not this one).