PDA

View Full Version : Center of the Earth Collab

Squeegy
06-19-2008, 05:10 PM
The Center of the Earth Collab

This is the Center of the Earth Collab! It's pretty simple. Your stick(s) must journey to the center of the earth, have something happen on the way, and either get to the center of the earth or die horribly. Possibly both. Optionally, they can trek back.

RULES:
Program: Any
FPS: Any
Dimensions: 506x415
Sign your animation. Somewhere at the top, either for the whole animation or just the start.
Name your symbols INCLUDING TWEENS. Such as "Squeegy2927" or "Squeegee".
When you finish your entry PM me the fla [or gif] using www.savefile.com
ENTRANTS:
- = no entry submitted yet
$ = has submitted an entry
? = Might submit something/unsure if they can or not
X = Dropped out

-Squeegy
-
-
-
-
-
-

If I am missing anything let me know!

Rather Cheesy
06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Explain it more. So far all you've said for your idea is that he travels to the center of the earth. What kinds of things happen, how long should it be? etc.

Squeegy
06-19-2008, 05:22 PM
It doesn't matter, that's up to the animator.

Puddles1000
06-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I predict... This will fail more than that movie "The Core"

Rather Cheesy
06-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I predict... This will fail more than that movie "The Core"

Nice prediction.

ONTOPIC: You need to give more restrictions, so far all you've managed to say is "make an animation about a guy going to the earths core. GO!" You need to make an idea that is unique, gives alot of creativity to the animators, and restricts it enough to promote a challenge, even if that challenge isn't very hard.

Bonk
06-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Nice prediction.

ONTOPIC: You need to give more restrictions, so far all you've managed to say is "make an animation about a guy going to the earths core. GO!" You need to make an idea that is unique, gives alot of creativity to the animators, and restricts it enough to promote a challenge, even if that challenge isn't very hard.

How would restricting it more give more creativity?

Prince of PIMPs
06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Too many options can be a bad thing, if people try this, they might end up with almost unrelated animations. then the original topic will fade out....
just think, a guy wants to go to the center of the earth, so he takes some new secret weapon of mas destruction, and ends up destroying the world.
or a portal one, going through different worlds, and when he finds the right one again, it says "out of order".
I don't know about you but its not very funny to me....

I don't even think this deserves an epic fail, PHAIL buddy, you PHAIL

Lixu
06-20-2008, 10:23 AM
PoPimps why does he Fail?
@Squee You can not have a different fps for all entries. When you need to make your flash it will all turn into the same fps.

Rather Cheesy
06-20-2008, 04:44 PM
How would restricting it more give more creativity?

Restricting it will make all the entries fit together better, you need to find an idea that you can restrict so they all fit together but it still leaves enough creativeness for the animators to have a wide variety of things they can animate...

Bonk
06-21-2008, 03:51 AM
I understand the concept of restrictions but:

A guy going to the centre of the earth.
What more feasible restrictions can you give?

Vincent
06-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Good point there bonk... and you should clean this up... nice thought though, just not enough thought to be good...