PDA

View Full Version : Spearton massing

Alfgha
06-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I just recently played this guy who killed me with massing speartons. I really need help with people who mass speartons. Any strategies that are a surefire way to stop them in their tracks?. The guy also just ran past my army (with spearton walls) and killed my statue directly without initiating in combat :( I really need help with this because now everyone I play with mass speartons.

Alfgha
06-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Here is the battle I was in the guy with. This is an addition to the thread I posted above.

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1481022&version=1.64

lequan1910
06-09-2013, 10:14 PM
use albow, 2 magikills (poison and electric wall), some swords with rage would kill all speartan

_Ai_
06-10-2013, 12:16 AM
You've come to the right place.

You will need to scout your enemies. Ghosts are perfect for this.

Once you know that he is massing speartons, quickly research wall, mages spells, resilience, and rage. Make 2 wall to nearest to the middle as possible. Make a Mage, put it just in front of the walls. Now spam swordwraths. Make as many as you like. Make about 3 mages. Now, he's gonna go for it. Poison Spray his army with the first Mage (one outside the wall). After casting, quickly bring him back to inside the wall. The other 2 mages will cast electric wall and blast. Keep blasting them. If he breaks through, and kill your mages, you have many swordwraths. And most of his speartons are most likely dead. Now rage him to death. He most likely will surrender after you kill his speartons.

Hope this helped, sorry if its a bit unclear, I'm rushing to write this a bit.

stickman311
06-10-2013, 12:22 AM
You've come to the right place.

You will need to scout your enemies. Ghosts are perfect for this.

Once you know that he is massing speartons, quickly research wall, mages spells, resilience, and rage. Make 2 wall to nearest to the middle as possible. Make a Mage, put it just in front of the walls. Now spam swordwraths. Make as many as you like. Make about 3 mages. Now, he's gonna go for it. Poison Spray his army with the first Mage (one outside the wall). After casting, quickly bring him back to inside the wall. The other 2 mages will cast electric wall and blast. Keep blasting them. If he breaks through, and kill your mages, you have many swordwraths. And most of his speartons are most likely dead. Now rage him to death. He most likely will surrender after you kill his speartons.

Hope this helped, sorry if its a bit unclear, I'm rushing to write this a bit.

Also, u should make 3 castle archers and resillience

FailingAtFailing
06-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Spearton rush needs splash damage. This is because they all bunch up on the statue to attack. Magikill with electric wall, castle archers, these all work well. Resilience is also essential to buy you more time. Focus all your melee units on one spearton at a time. A giant or two to stun also takes one spear out of the fight for a little bit which can be highly useful, since it can buy you a crucial second or two.

Cast electric wall on the speartons once they get to your statue, then explosion, poison won't work. Hopefully, if you have 3 castle archers, that helps too, Miner walls can slow them down for your castle archers to get a shot or two in.

merich1
06-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Spearton rush needs splash damage. This is because they all bunch up on the statue to attack. Magikill with electric wall, castle archers, these all work well. Resilience is also essential to buy you more time. Focus all your melee units on one spearton at a time. A giant or two to stun also takes one spear out of the fight for a little bit which can be highly useful, since it can buy you a crucial second or two.

Cast electric wall on the speartons once they get to your statue, then explosion, poison won't work. Hopefully, if you have 3 castle archers, that helps too, Miner walls can slow them down for your castle archers to get a shot or two in.

When they're attacking the walls use poison. I don't know if people realize this but poison really adds up. If you do it correctly it shouldn't matter, but better safe than sorry.

jerrytt
06-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I doubt that poison does even 1 bar by the time they reach your statue. I prefer just to time the electric wall right and get as much damage as possible. Once you have finished casting walls, You should have enough time for a blast or two. most wont survive even reaching your statue

FailingAtFailing
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
I doubt that poison does even 1 bar by the time they reach your statue. I prefer just to time the electric wall right and get as much damage as possible. Once you have finished casting walls, You should have enough time for a blast or two. most wont survive even reaching your statue

Exactly, poison is too slow for any unit with more than 2 bars of health. In fact, I think armour decreases poison's effectiveness. Can someone confirm this? Time how long it take a swordwrath to die from poison and compare it to a spearton.

DiPi
06-11-2013, 09:23 AM
well, I guess ai's comment is one of the best here
though I'd add not to put the walls too near: while they're destroying them, if you put them farther from the statue, you can use other miners to build some new ones, thus slowing him even more

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-11-2013, 09:31 AM
lol... you all forget the albas..... against spearton massing, I use: Albows, magikills, castle archers, resilence, walls and of course MINERS..... Should help.

stickman311
06-15-2013, 07:51 AM
lol... you all forget the albas..... against spearton massing, I use: Albows, magikills, castle archers, resilence, walls and of course MINERS..... Should help.

Alba has too much pop, so, i think swords are better

Killer1725
06-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Spearton Massing Is Hard To Win But I Will Show You How To Beat It :)
1st Way : poison from magikill
2nd Way: Bunch of albowtross with blazing bolts skill
3rd way : use spearton (same of your enmy...)
4th way : soul unit (giant)
5th way : rush build to destroy the statue before they destroy yours..

Hope Your Enjoy This! :D

My StickEmpire Account:

User ID:Killer1725
Character Code:800

FailingAtFailing
06-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Spearton Massing Is Hard To Win But I Will Show You How To Beat It :)
1st Way : poison from magikill
2nd Way: Bunch of albowtross with blazing bolts skill
3rd way : use spearton (same of your enmy...)
4th way : soul unit (giant)
5th way : rush build to destroy the statue before they destroy yours..

Hope Your Enjoy This! :D

My StickEmpire Account:

User ID:Killer1725
Character Code:800

Don't try to counter a rush with another rush, turtle, destroy their army and march onto their statue with your complete army. Rage swords rip through speartons cheaper and faster than albows. Triple castle archers and walls. One, maybe 2, magikill with explosion and electric wall on YOUR OWN statue so any speartons attacking it take massive damage. A smart rusher may have some ranged support, so 2 giants to block any arrows and stun.

merich1
06-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Wait, I just realized, why don't we just do this?

Get a row of Speartons and 2 Mages with 2 Walls, Resilience, and 3 Castle Archers. When they get to the wall they have to bunch up in a wall formation to attack. Your Speartons can now Shield Bash. Mages cast Electric Wall while their entire Spearton army is stunned for 5 seconds.

Does that work? It should...

_Ai_
06-15-2013, 11:10 AM

Get a row of Speartons and 2 Mages with 2 Walls, Resilience, and 3 Castle Archers. When they get to the wall they have to bunch up in a wall formation to attack. Your Speartons can now Shield Bash. Mages cast Electric Wall while their entire Spearton army is stunned for 5 seconds.

Very inovative of you; i think this is the best way right now. Now we wait for a new guy to come up with a better counter.

Kudos to you merich.

FailingAtFailing
06-15-2013, 01:20 PM

I may be mistaken, but I thought shield bash can only stun one enemy at a time. I don't think you're going to be rushed by only a single row of speartons.

Cha05Walking
06-15-2013, 03:04 PM
2 miner walls, place 6 speartons on it with shield wall and shield bash, one meric with cure , 4 albows with blazing bolts, and 3 magikill with all 3 spells and one shadowrath fully researched. and three castle archers.

i made this strat esspecially to defend against rushes but usually works against regular attacks also.

jerrytt
06-15-2013, 03:14 PM

This unfortunately does not work as well as your might think. For one, shield bash is very "innacurate" and usually, using it on a mass of speartons only stuns half of them. Your probably better off using it on the speartons that arnt stunned.

40fy
06-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Swordwraths with rage usually are effective against speartons, because they are cheap, and each do more damage then the speartons (attack faster). Also, one thing people never think of for extra attack power in these situations is miners- it will delay their gold production for a moment, but you can have them attak the speartons too, which may make the difference between success and defeat.