PDA

View Full Version : Opening move ideas?

SavageStick
06-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I've been trying a whole bunch of openings. One i think that works the best for me is setting 2 miners on gold, buying castle archer and 1 miner(gold). Buy until i get up to 12 miners(somewhere in the process i make a wall. I don't really like it well and it seems to nearly doom me at times, due to my opponet massing their armies.

Any ideas?

FailingAtFailing
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Sword and Archer, archer in front of sword by a little bit.

Take center, if opponent does same, target sword first and retreat with archer while a second sword builds. Once you have center, heal up and attack miners, or not, psych them out. They buy castle archer, waste 300 gold.

Right now though, I am trying out a single miner, always have 300 gold available to buy castle archer the instant I see attacking forces, overwhelm them with economy. Skip Archers and swords, go straight to spears and albows. Try to take center with one spear, if that fails, atleast kill one weak unit like an archer if possible. Retreat and heal, use 2 spears, take center.

SavageStick
06-13-2013, 05:32 AM

Take center, if opponent does same, target sword first and retreat with archer while a second sword builds. Once you have center, heal up and attack miners, or not, psych them out. They buy castle archer, waste 300 gold.

Right now though, I am trying out a single miner, always have 300 gold available to buy castle archer the instant I see attacking forces, overwhelm them with economy. Skip Archers and swords, go straight to spears and albows. Try to take center with one spear, if that fails, atleast kill one weak unit like an archer if possible. Retreat and heal, use 2 spears, take center.

Sounds good thx :)

stickman311
06-13-2013, 06:37 AM

It will never work on medium or long maps

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Ok, here are my openings:

1. 1 sword-2 miners: Personally I think for me is the best opening
2. 2 sword-1 miners. The rage strat.... its very good opening, but i lack on it...
3. Archer-sword: Personally my faved opening on short maps.....
4. archer-miner: well, what should i say... o_0
5. Spearton rush: well, what should I say
6. 3 miners: Very good economy..... but lack on early games...
7. 4 sword: In the past I used it...but now...

Cha05Walking
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
don't focus on openings. focus on counters to openings. and once you have done this try to cooperate your army and your economy and once you have done that you have the game. only a theory. i havent even done this myself yet but i will give it a try not that i have posted this.

you don't need a good opening you just need good counters to openings

FailingAtFailing
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
It will never work on medium or long maps

Oh yea, I probably should have specified that, well, miners and turtle works especially well on long maps, on short maps, sword and archer beats the enemy down.

stickman311
06-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Oh yea, I probably should have specified that, well, miners and turtle works especially well on long maps, on short maps, sword and archer beats the enemy down.

Sword archer is also countered by: 2 miners, then alot of archers. The ONLy counter is spear rush

FailingAtFailing
06-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Sword archer is also countered by: 2 miners, then alot of archers. The ONLy counter is spear rush

On a short map like castle, the sword and archer would start attacking your economy so fast, forcing a retreat. Unless you only bought one miner so you have 300+ gold left for a castle archer.

merich1
06-14-2013, 02:36 PM
On a short map like castle, the sword and archer would start attacking your economy so fast, forcing a retreat. Unless you only bought one miner so you have 300+ gold left for a castle archer.

I think he meant on long maps. And indeed, on long maps, 2 Miners is the best start.

stickman311
06-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Dude, i meant on short maps, where my army would over power cuz 3 archers beat 3 swords 1 archer. Even if u destroy my econ, i will still have 2 miners when i destroy your sword with my archer, then, i'll have 2

merich1
06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
How in the world are you supposed to get even 2 Archers if the opponent goes 1 Sword 1 Archer and rushes when you have 4 miners on a short map?

stickman311
06-14-2013, 08:58 PM
How in the world are you supposed to get even 2 Archers if the opponent goes 1 Sword 1 Archer and rushes when you have 4 miners on a short map?

Hey, i have 4 miners, then i train archers, by the time they killed one miner, i would have 2 archers

jerrytt
06-14-2013, 09:13 PM

You first buy 2 miners, then, when the first two miners are finished, you buy aan archer with your 350 gold. Then, you have 4 miners, and when they are finished you can buy another archer. fast too.

spearton rush isnt the only counter. spamming lots of swords can really screw you over.

stickman311
06-14-2013, 10:49 PM
You first buy 2 miners, then, when the first two miners are finished, you buy aan archer with your 350 gold. Then, you have 4 miners, and when they are finished you can buy another archer. fast too.

spearton rush isnt the only counter. spamming lots of swords can really screw you over.

I knew that already. Also, i can kite, so swords are weakling to me. If u cann get rage with sword archer, u would only have 3 swords 1 archer, when i have 3 archers, also, miner wall

jerrytt
06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I knew that already. Also, i can kite, so swords are weakling to me. If u cann get rage with sword archer, u would only have 3 swords 1 archer, when i have 3 archers, also, miner wallsword archer then keep making an endless stream of swords. The battle will be at your base, so kiting is useless. just keep targeting the miners and archers if they pop their head out of the castle.

stickman311
06-15-2013, 01:46 AM
sword archer then keep making an endless stream of swords. The battle will be at your base, so kiting is useless. just keep targeting the miners and archers if they pop their head out of the castle.

Umm, 3'archers beat 3 swords 1 archer

jerrytt
06-15-2013, 03:11 PM
its not a 3 archers vs 3 swords and 1 archer battle. Its a battle where they keep making swords that target your miners and your archers. you can keep shooting, but eventually, youll run out of miners. And youll probably cap off at 2 archers, as theyll keep killing your miners. And youll also be at your base, so the arguement of kiting is useless. If yiu retreat your archers when they target them, they can just kill your miners. If you retreat your miners, you wont have enough archers to fight them off.