PDA

View Full Version : Speed Animating JUNE

Ahtex!
06-22-2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/445530
http://antiup.net/view/5016/

each short done under 10 mins maximum
(of course the really small ones are like 2 mins =P)

i plan to do one of these each month
hopefully July will be better!

EDIT! 3.29 on NG! WOW! best score ive ever had =D!

New Generation
06-22-2008, 10:50 AM
For speed animating that was, I can't decide,this was kind of bad. 10 minutes? I recommend taking it slow and actually improve, doing slow means it will come out better.

Now, make your movements more smoother and add more easing, the movements look a bit choppy and uninteresting. Applying more force is always better but don't overdo it. The blood was not bad but add more particles and more hang time, don't just animate it in 2-5 frames!

The backgrounds were OK but I suggest practicing on your movements and smoothness first. Easing is very important too and I saw you lacked that in your animation.

The walk of your stick figures is kind of funny, I suggest change it to something else. Come up with a more proper walk style. Don't space out the legs that much. Work on your effects.

Good luck!

Ahtex!
06-22-2008, 11:12 AM
For speed animating that was, I can't decide,this was kind of bad. 10 minutes? I recommend taking it slow and actually improve, doing slow means it will come out better.
then why would it be called speed animating if i did it slowly?

Now, make your movements more smoother and add more easing, the movements look a bit choppy and uninteresting. Applying more force is always better but don't overdo it. The blood was not bad but add more particles and more hang time, don't just animate it in 2-5 frames!
going as fast as you can u dont have time to make the blood as good as youd like.

The backgrounds were OK but I suggest practicing on your movements and smoothness first. Easing is very important too and I saw you lacked that in your animation. i know what easing is and easing was in the animations, except for the first 2 =\

The walk of your stick figures is kind of funny, I suggest change it to something else. Come up with a more proper walk style. Don't space out the legs that much. Work on your effects. yea, if i make the legs move like a ****ing shuffle they'll never get anywhere plus itll take ages and all you'll get on 10 mins is some retarded dance.

Good luck!
no -_-

answers in bold text

EDIT: thx lixu ! =P

_slanted_
06-22-2008, 12:16 PM
You were ****ing joking about your ****ing post? Then why you wrote it so seriously! God damn it ****s! Okay.

You know that OK is a word too but |_33T.
maybe calm down a little? if anything his post could help you not make the same mistakes again...

for ten minutes each the animations looked pretty good to me.

-Hawk-
06-22-2008, 12:21 PM
No one actually said anything about the animation. Just bad critics.

NegaDrain, buddy, this is awesomeness in a few minutes. Continue making these every month :)

Ahtex!
06-22-2008, 12:44 PM
moer stop spamming my thread =(
thanks slanted =)
and hawk i plan too =P!!

-Hawk-
06-22-2008, 12:51 PM
lol sorry Lixu... I meant James Moer didn't say anything about the animation. :P

Karthago
06-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh god how nearly every noob in this community isnt accepting critique sucks horse cock!

I must admit that James told you (partly) the right things to improve on. And your excuses are weird (+with bad humour).

Doing Speed Animating requires a basic knowledge of what youre doing there. That's the way you improve faster. And that's the way you can invent your own style and develop it.

Know youre doing the same faults over and over again. Of course it isnt bad to do speed animating to improve but i'd recomment to get some level of easing and movements first or at least try to recognize your flaws and do an animation of each.

Keep working. Don't flame.

Ahtex!
06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh god how nearly every noob in this community isnt accepting critique sucks horse cock!

I must admit that James told you (partly) the right things to improve on. And your excuses are weird (+with bad humour).

Doing Speed Animating requires a basic knowledge of what youre doing there. That's the way you improve faster. And that's the way you can invent your own style and develop it.

Know youre doing the same faults over and over again. Of course it isnt bad to do speed animating to improve but i'd recomment to get some level of easing and movements first or at least try to recognize your flaws and do an animation of each.

Keep working. Don't flame.

i can accept crit but not crit on its own people need to learn to say positive things about any animation before just pointing out the bad things.

Karthago
06-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Since you didnt give comparison and didnt put the animations in any chronologic order im not able to tell if youve improved at all.

Give an older animation or something like that if you want to hear if youve done a better job now.

Work on your stuff to get compliments.

Ahtex!
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Since you didnt give comparison and didnt put the animations in any chronologic order im not able to tell if youve improved at all.

Give an older animation or something like that if you want to hear if youve done a better job now.

Work on your stuff to get compliments.

they are in chronological order =\ from start of June to today.
and i didn't mean "waah not crit i want compliments!!" i mean, moer gave a massive review of only crit surely if he was going into that amount of depth he can easily say AT LEAST 1 thing good about it. I know what your trying to say because you think i've joined like yesterday and don't understand how the site works and is getting annoyed that my animation isn't received well because you think i'm noobish, but Ive looked at moers posts to other animations and 9 out of 10 times times they are all bad. Plus its hard for me to accept his criticism when a) its wrong in the sense hes telling me to slow down when animating, this is a fun speed animation exercise and b) hes the only one giving it, i mean check the NG page. All 10's when i write this... =\

but yeah, i respect you trying to clear up nooby people not wanting crit in this forum but i think i can safely say i'm not one of them.

Karthago
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
okay then why didnt you tell us they were in chronological order. would help giving a good comment.

and just some guys giving you some good scores dont mean anything. they might be your friends or dont have an idea of what you did is about.

dont sit on what they say, develop. do it that well, that it totaly pleasures you and go into what the people say. its not everytime a beatiful compliment.

i know moer talks a lot of shit but this time hes pretty right.

T Man
06-22-2008, 06:49 PM
No thanks?

(-) respect

:C

a lot of movements are off.
and james ****ing moyer- 10 minutes is considered SUPER good for this. shut the hell up unless you can actually animate.

Ahtex!
06-23-2008, 10:43 AM
No thanks?

(-) respect

:C

a lot of movements are off.
and james ****ing moyer- 10 minutes is considered SUPER good for this. shut the hell up unless you can actually animate.

D= i would thanks you but the people who were thanked were people who offered advice for the entrys in the animation.
=P if it means that much to you ill thank you next month
SPECIAL UBER OMNI EPIC THANKS!!! =D

Lixu
06-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I hope you add the ground thing I gave you as advice.

SNL
06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
its decent in my opinion, but u need to add a bit more easing

Vincent
06-23-2008, 03:35 PM
some hawt speed animating

You do stuff in 10 minutes that would take me a few hours. nice man.

mraznbuddy
06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
some of the action was too slow. you're getting better :D just add some anticipation into the moves and watch out for wobbliness and resizing and ur good.
backgrounds were all inspired by someone huh? xD