PDA

View Full Version : My first ani. using a guy and not a stick

GunnarJ
06-22-2008, 08:32 PM
http://antiup.net/view/5077

its my first animation not using sticks, I felt like I needed to practice at not using sticks...

bluecorvette25
06-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Im sorry but that was terrible....

Index
06-22-2008, 10:39 PM
You didn't even make him move, and the lip sync SUCKED, which was the only thing you animated.

It was really bad, don't post something unless it's somewhat good, and you worked on it for a while.

Vortex
06-23-2008, 08:52 AM
well i think u should try to move his body, make him walking or something like that

kayzer
06-23-2008, 08:59 AM
dude, yeah... that wasnt good.. it sucked .. try animating the dude.. not only his lips

-Hawk-
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Some advice :
1.The "guy" style of animation you're talking about is called FullBody, sometimes abbreviated FB
2. Try to add some details to your character, example, color him and add him a nose maybe ? Because how he is now he looks a bit ghost-like.
3. When you make the lip-syncing make the whole mouth move not only one part of it. Like, the upper lip goes up and the lower lip goes down. There are different forms of the mouth for each letter. Try pronouncing letters and feeling your lips, you'll observe the shape formed for each of them easily.
4. To actually animate a FB moving you have to make each part of his body symbols. Like draw his head, make it a symbol, draw half of his hand, make it a symbol, draw half of his leg, make it a symbol.

I am not a FB animator but I have seen lots of tutorials and I know the theory very well so IF YOU NEED MORE HELP PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. :)

Lixu
06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
You really need to draw your full body person more, standing still is very boring. Also, your eyes are not pure black if you close them, are they?

New Generation
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Really badly drawn and nothing particular was animated properly. The lip sync was "bad" as other people mentioned.

watch some tutorials first and use a normal stick figure style. I recommend researching your own unique style. But that can come later, so just practice for now on smoothness, easing and special effects if your going to use them in your animations.

Go to the tutorial section: It will help!

passos354
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
hey man don't give, but just don't send anims which aren't good..
it just was as terrible as my dog's fart sorry..but just work on one anim and then someone could give some criticism and say what you need to work on your anims! =]

killeq
06-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Woah, I thought I was the worst FB animator, until this.

dawG
06-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Well give him som advice.

You should make the head and the body move, and not just the mouth, cause then it will look way to stiff and boring.

Just keep praticing.

chriisck
06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
try to find a tutorial for lip sync to make the talking better.Also if someone blinks the eyes dont turn black they would look more like a line drawn in the middle, and it would help to add in more movements other than just the eyes and mouth