PDA

View Full Version : wRHG Tournament Discussion Thread | CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER!

Pages : [1] 2

Hewitt
06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Just another normal day at the Desolate Writer's Lounge...no wait, what's this?! Thousands of flyers are dropping from the sky! A closer inspection reveals that they're invites to a wRHG tournament somewhere in the middle of the Abandoned Warehouse District. How conviniently fiendish...

Welcome to the wRHG Tournament.

Expected a grander greeting? Well, the truth is it hasn't really begun yet. This is a prequel to the event that will also serve as the signup phase. Simply make a simple post of your character accepting this Flyer's instructions to get to the largest, most ominous, warehouse in the Abandoned Warehouse District and I will resume the event as soon as the prerequisite number show up (6 to 8...but I can accept more).

Nothing fancy, just a post letting me know you're in.

Let's do this, gentlemen.

Participants so far (12):

- _Ai_
- Errorblender
- Rochedan
- merich1
- blakphoenix
- Shadowkirby
- Anywho
- Lobotomizer
- The Organization
- saintmccaw
- Chamel
- GamerXD8
- Shaq

Update: 6/28/13
Preliminary Round is UP! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?70267-wRHG-Tournament-Preliminary-Round-IT-S-OVER-ONE-THOUSAND)

Update: 7/1/2013
Round One is UP! Evening the Odds is the theme. (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?73562-wRHG-Tournament-Round-ONE-Evening-the-Odds)

Update: 7/19/2013
Round One hath no mercy! The Loser's Bracket Sign-ups is up!!! (newcomers welcome) (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?68791-The-wRHG-Tournament-Discussion-Thread-ROUND-ONE-IS-UP!&p=1039936&viewfull=1#post1039936)

Update 7/23/2013
Round Two is up! Chaos abound. (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?74702-wRHG-Tournament-Round-TWO-Lost-and-Found)

Update 9/17/2013
wRHG Semi-Finals! is up (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?68791-wRHG-Tournament-Discussion-Thread-(SEMI-FINALS-IS-UP!!!)&p=1084515&viewfull=1#post1084515)

Update 9/23/2013
Loser's Bracket Semi-Finals are UP!!! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?76703-wRHGT-Loser-s-Bracket-Semi-Finals-Ready-Round-Robin-Hood)

Update 11/28/2013
Final Round is Finally Here (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?68791-wRHG-Tournament-Discussion-Thread-FINALS-ROUND-IS-UP!!!&p=1114957&viewfull=1#post1114957)

Update 2/3/2014
Final Round has Ended! Congratulations to the Winner!!! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?68791-wRHG-Tournament-Discussion-Thread-FINALS-ROUND-IS-UP!!!&p=1152057&viewfull=1#post1152057)

_Ai_
06-18-2013, 01:30 AM
Uh...I'm in?

Like this? Or do I have to write sumthin' like a story?

Hewitt
06-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Uh...I'm in?

Like this? Or do I have to write sumthin' like a story?

Write your character's reaction and mobilization to the building :D

ErrorBlender
06-18-2013, 02:56 AM
Bl.An.C. was on his flight getting home when thousands upon thousands of flyers block his path. "Expletive: What the fuck?" He murmured. He grabbed one of the flyers in mid-air and read it.

"wRHG Tournament. Located in scenic Abandoned Warehouse District. Please look for the most ominous and largest warehouse you can find there."

The pseudo-android thought for a moment and decided he had to join in. It was another way of scouting for possible allies in his endeavor.

Bl.An.C., The Pseudo-Android officially joins the wRHG Tournament.

_Ai_
06-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Okai.

There's nothing much going on on StickPage city, ever since Christmas. Being bored, Aiman decided to check up on his friend, Raf. But then, flyers rain down from the sky, hundreds of them. Shocked as he was, the mage grabbed one of them mid-air.

The flyer interests him. A tournament, eh? And its located at... Abandoned Warehouse District? And in the largest, most sinister warehouse? Oh well. Better get going. As he lowers his body, Aiman turned to Wind element. With a drop of water somewhere somehow, he flew to the place, leaving a vicious wind in his wake.

As ErrorBlender said,
Aiman, the Elemental Master, officially joins the wRHG Tournament.

Rochedan
06-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Luther opened his eyes, rolled on his side and switched the light switch from the lamp on his nightstand. Light scattered across the room, revealing multiple hospital beds. Some of the beds still had their patients in them. Luther was one of the last patients that was still recovering from his wounds.
On Luther´s nightstand still lay Pluto´s documents. Luther had not looked at them since Pluto left, mainly because he slept most of the time. At first he was surprised by the amount of sleep his mind required, for his body does not require sleep at all.
"Excuse me sir, the doctor wants to speak with you", a small tanned nurse approached Luther, "the doctor told me you would be able to walk by now". The woman's voice was covered with a thick scottish accent, but Luther could understand it quite well. He nodded and said: "Alright, but could you help me get up anyway?".

The doctor's office was small and only contained simple furniture along with old posters of the human body. The doctor was sitting in a big red chair with it's back facing Luther. When speaking the doctor did not turn around to face Luther.
"Please Luther, sit down". The voice of the doctor was low and sort of monotone.
Luther's body did as it was told, a strange feeling of recognition slipped inside Luther's mind.
The doctor continued speaking: "Do you remember why you are here Luther? Good, see these flyers on my desk?".
Luther's eyes immediately focused on the flyers on the doctor's desk. "You are no doctor are you?" Luther grinned.
The chair turned and revealed, surprisingly, Luther's commander: The Operator.
As always the Operator was wearing his shaded glasses, but instead of his usual black coat he was now wearing a white doctor's coat.
The Operator seemed to be observing Luther's body, then spoke: "Incredible isn't it? The speed of your recovery due to the Roch is just amazing".
"Tell me about the flyers already, let me guess, another assassination? another mission to destroy an innocent Gladiator?" Luther asked slightly annoyed. "I've just litteraly got out of my hospital bed, and yet here you are already giving me another assignment!".
The Operator didn't speak for a while and just sat there watching one of the flyers. "You have no choice Luther, you were made by us you see, you will participate in this wRHG tournament somewhere in the middle of the Abandoned Warehouse District, whether you like it or not". The voice of the Operator showed it would not tolerate "no" as answer.

Luther sighted, "Let's hope the Gladiators in this tournament aren't as weak and pathetic as in the other tournament".
The Operator grinned, then his face turned serious, "Your combat clothes and knuckle bandages are inside a box in the storage room of this hospital, now tomorrow morning you will mobilize yourself to the Abandoned Warehouse District and participate the Tournament".
Luther turned around and walked towards the door. Words suddenly popped inside his head. He wasn't sure where he'd heard them before...

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

merich1
06-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Pencillum strode down the long hallway, too exhausted to complain about why he had to stride down the long hallway again. Suddenly, the roof above him opened and thousands of flyers dropped from the sky.

"I've seen weirder," he muttered, and grabbed a flyer.

wRHG Tournament. Begins soon. See me at the Abandoned Warehouse District for details.

"Huh."

A tournament. That might fix my hunger for battles.

Pencillum, the Lead, officially joins the wRHG Tournament.

blakphoenix
06-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Zero sat in a very comfy armchair, relaxed while petting the fluffiest cat in the world. He smiled while the warm beast graciously accepted his pets. As he went to stroke the cat's mane once more its body exploded into a cloud of white smoke and rainbow colored paper!

"No! I over pet my Confetti Kitty!"

Zero was disappointed by this casting a pouting gaze on the paper bits, he realized they were larger than regular confetti and had writing on them. He picked up a few pieces finding they all said the same thing. wRHG tournament to begin soon. Follow the cat. The confetti then merged back into its original cat form and the feline took off out the door.

"Wait! I didn't get my cookie!" Zero called out as he chased his Confetti Kitty through the forest that lies on the outskirts of Stickpage city. "Great he's headed for the city. Probably some sort of wRHG thing...this oughta be fun!"

Hewitt
06-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Added you all. Now these people need to show up...

I don't remember any, so...you Mecha-Hewitt.

I think that's the point Gamer :P

Mecha-Hewwy <3

Cyborg from Teen Titans! Booyah!
and Mecha-Hewitt too I s'pose :3

As well as my mysterious plus one. Which I'll inform later or soon.

Shadowkirby
06-19-2013, 12:08 AM
wRHG Tournament? Okay I'm in.

As the once great Todesberührung sat outside the outskirts of the wRHG stadium, a slight pamphlet descends from the sky. Falling like a leaf on an Autumn day, it delicately lands onto the fine grass before him. The undead lifts the flyer up and tries to read it, hoping that his left eye is still capable of reading.

"What is this...?"

He squints and tries to make out what it says.

"A fighting tournament.... unknown grand prize...?"

From what information he has collected, it appears that somewhere in the section of Fluidia is hosting a tournament for those who wishes to enter and fight their way to achieve the glorious, yet mysterious reward. What is this reward to be exact? Is masking the true prize really going to grab the attention of others who wish to find out? Or is there something more? Possibly some kind of wishing machine, or stacks of cold hard cash waiting for their grubby, greedy hands to grab it for their own selfish reasons.

Todesberührung is unsure what the prize will be, but there has to be a reason why the host is announcing a fighting competition. Through many minutes of pondering, he receives a flashback; the times when he met the spirit of his twin sister, Elisa, for the first time since her death.

"My dear brother, it has been so long since we've met... but unfortunately, I am only here to deliver an urgent message. so once it has been delivered, I won't be able to see you again.... now please listen.... on the mark of the third Wednesday of June, you will receive a message from a mechanical fowl... he will tell you what is needed to be done... only then will your quest will finally conclude. You must listen what the fowl says, his song must be heard for survival. Your survival. A tree of rogues and creatures will be awaiting your arrival. You must chop the tree down, and only then, the fowl will lead you on to the end of the road."

Could this mean that what she said meant for the tournament? Who is this mechanical fowl? The undead flips the flyer over and is shown a image of a mechanical-looking bird. A strange symbol, but it seems that her message means that he must enter this tournament in order for his quest to be completed.

Todesberührung stood up from the ground and looked up to the sky, hoping that his sister is watching from above, and accepts the invitation.

From what he can make out, he had followed the directions specifically provided from the pamphlet, and finds himself in a desolate and abandoned location somewhere in the Eastern District of Fluidia. There, he sees a worn-down warehouse, possibly the only largest warehouse around here. He enters the broken doors and sees a mechanical owl perched upon a wooden bird stand; the copper plates and feathers seems brand new and not rusted and worn like the rest of the district. Not knowing if this is the fowl Elisa was talking about, but whatever's the case, he walks to it, then it began to speak.

"Welcome to the tournament, please state your name."

Puzzled, but knows that he's in the right place after all, so he then provided his alias.

"I am Todesberührung, and I am here for the tournament."

[Sorry if it's not brief. I just simply got carried away. :P]

Hewitt
06-19-2013, 12:20 AM
wRHG Tournament? Okay I'm in.

Wow, now that's unexpected ^^

Edit your post into a short intro of your character making it in the warehouse and you're in.

ErrorBlender
06-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Wow, now that's unexpected ^^

Edit your post into a short intro of your character making it in the warehouse and you're in.

Maybe some of the veterans might spot the tournament in your sig and flock here. :D

Anywho
06-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Better late than never, don't worry, I'll be more active from here on out.
___

Ned closed her eyes listening to the hum of her surroundings, she really did grow to love the bustle of the city.

Crunch.
"Hm?"

The sudden crinkle of paper under her shoes surprised her. The girl opened her eyes to see heaps of paper scattered on the ground and even more floating down from the sky. Alphonse caught a flyer and read it silently. After a moment he turned towards her with a grin on his face; a chill went up Ned’s spine.

"There's a tournament, sounds fun."

"Oh but Sir, I thought we were suppose to be taking it easy this week and-"

Alphonse was already walking away, "Come on, it's this way."
While she was cautious about this tournament she couldn't help but smile at Alphonse's eagerness. With a half-hearted sigh, the maid hurried after him.

Ned, the Sweetie, officially joins the wRHG Tournament

Lobotomizer
06-19-2013, 11:41 AM
"Kalena...I..."

Her footsteps slowed, and she inclined her head slightly, just enough to see her companion rush to her side, panting from the exertion.

"Corvon?" Kalena returned, patiently waiting for him to catch his breath.

"Kalena...are you...truly sure about this?" Corvon asked. His expression turned to that of worry, too concerned about what would possibly happen to her.

"I am as firm in my decision as I ever will be, Corvon," she answered without hesitation, her words firm as steel, "this...tournament. It will be a good chance for me to judge those who have joined this wretched system."

"But..." he said no more, only staring at the ground with a downcast expression. What else could he say? He knew that she was bent on walking through the path she had decided for herself, and no words from him could possibly change her mind. And, he thought glumly, what gave him the right to challenge her decision? He would be selfish, ignoring her wishes just so he may...

Kalena glanced at him, his vexed, almost frustrated appearance, and felt a lump at the back of her throat. For the third time, she found herself questioning if what she was doing was truly right. But she quelled the minuscule sparks of doubt, and turned to the conspicuous warehouse before them, grown in size now that they were nearing it, her thoughts back to the potential battles that awaited her.

Whatever the result that may come out of it, they could only hope that the best result would arise.

The Organization
06-19-2013, 05:22 PM
It had been three days since Acel had first arrived to Stickpage, and she was already settling into a morning routine.
The deluxe breakfast that she had eaten that morning consisted of a pigs worth of bacon, a baker's dozen of a baker's dozen of waffles and two glasses of apple juice, all paid for by the Organization. Say what you want about the organization, but they pull all the stops for their employees.

Abruptly, as she was cleaning up after breakfast, a loud beep came from outside the kitchen. Although, she had never heard this sound before, she guessed that it was a message from command. Dropping her plates into the sink, she rushed into the living room and turned on the television. On the screen, was her friend and subordinate operative 698, she looked tired and had bags under her eyes.

"Good Morning, Vicar 04, Command has a new mission for you," she said cordially.

"Morning to you to Kayla, you look tired," added Acel.

"That is besides the point Vicar Acel, the organization has a new mission for you," she stated.

On the screen, another window opened up displaying a paper flier:

Official wRHG tournament
@Large Ominous Warehouse

"Ooh cool," responded Acel.

"Your first mission is to gain access into the wRHG tournament and collect as much data on the participants as possible. Winning in the tournament is optional but encouraged as it will make the Organization look good at Stickpage. Since you aren't yet ready to participate in the RHG fighting and since you are new to stickpage in general, this will be a good way to get your feet wet. Good Luck, Cecelia."

"Thanks, and try to get some rest Kayla." responded Acel as the connection closed.

"Oh this, is going to be so much fun!" exclaimed Acel.

Vicar 04: Acel, the Speed Demon, officially joins the wRHG Tournament.

saintmccaw
06-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Mccaw was yet again traveling, headband on, cloak on, hood up... But this day would turn out different then most. He was walking through the seemingly bustling Writers Lounge. Curious as to what has gotten this place up and running, he notices flyers on the ground. Cautiously, he draws his tanto and reads the flyer.

"Hello Mccaw! We have been expecting you. As we know you are out of cash and desperate, we are inviting you to the Abandoned Warehouse district. We have a contract there that may interest you. Biggest warehouse in the whole dang district."

Upon further inspection, he had a gut feeling that there was more to this letter than appeared. He turned on his evil eye and further inspected the letter. In invisible ink, he read "Your family massacre didn't end with them".

That caught his attention.

He ran all the way to the abandoned warehouse district and went into the biggest warehouse. Taking a glance, he saw that there were different...variants of people here. This'd be interesting.

Hewitt
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
[Sorry if it's not brief. I just simply got carried away. :P]

It's alright. It is a fine read, but I just asked for a brief post because the sign-up entry bears no weight to the actual preliminary event which will determine seeds for brackets. So it wouldn't matter how long it got, it won't rank you anywhere yet :D

Maybe some of the veterans might spot the tournament in your sig and flock here. :D

One can only dream. Although I hear someone is relaying this on the Skypes. Maybe you'd like to spread the word as well.

Well this is an unexpected turnout. I had expected the requisite 6 to show up...actually I had expected even less (I couldn't rely on the Interest Gauge people either). But this is good. To everyone that missed my last post about my plans for this tournament, here it is:

1) Proper Seeding. Brackets will be balanced in a way that early strong clashes do not happen.
2) Scoring System. Applying my mechanics from the Tennis Match, Polls are just going to be one way to gain points. There will also be Bonus Objectives, CNC Pts (pts given if you give or recieve CNC), and more. We'll see if I can do Achievements, as it's quite daunting for something like this.
3) Different Stages/Levels. Not every round will be a fight, but a competition in which a fight CAN occur. How you wish to accomplish this will be up to you (such as the Tennis Match, but for 2 people). There will also be special "RP" rounds where the two competitors take turns posting for a limited amount of time/posts. Scoring for these stages will also be variable.
4) Ever-changing Arena. Feel like the usual battleground/forest/desert/volcano is too repetitive? Say no more. Every round will have its own unique but easy to understand terrain as well as hidden events, traps, surprises, and circumstances. Conditions can change as easily as they may not.
5) Loser's Bracket. Felt round one was basically your death knell? No sweat. The loser's bracket is a battle for Honorable Mentions...and a chance to get back at the champion of the winner's bracket. Hoo-hah!

Not that I plan on pushing through with every idea but rest assured, I will not let this die. And I will not require loooong deadline battles you see on average (Not all of them will be like this). This is not just a tournament for your wRHG, but a tournament for writing as well. So let's all have fun here ^_^

Anyways, I will extend signups until sometime tommorow. There are just a few things I have to fix. Also, acutelatios has volunteered to be my assistant, proxy, and co-judge. I did say that I would need another judge and I have decided: Lobotomizer, I will call upon you when I need you.

Till then.

EDIT: Oh yeah btw, I infracted Rochedan for something entirely different so, he's just gone for a day. He'll be back soon.

ErrorBlender
06-20-2013, 10:56 AM
One can only dream. Although I hear someone is relaying this on the Skypes. Maybe you'd like to spread the word as well.

I will go for the RHW. I don't have the skypes or connections to others. I wish I did though.

Chamel
06-20-2013, 11:01 AM
"Hm? What's this?" Chance mumbled to himself. He bent down slowly and picked up a single piece of paper. As he read it his eyes widened in surprise.
"A tournament? This sounds rather interesting."
Chance continued to read the details printed on the page, his excitement growing with each passing character. Towards the end of the sheet was a simple address; one that marked an abandoned warehouse and one that Chance knew quite clearly.
"Alright, let's give this a shot!" He chuckled, making his way towards the warehouse, the slight breeze picking up several other invites in its gentle motion

Chance the Fox is officially registering for the wRHG Tournament

Hewitt
06-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I will go for the RHW. I don't have the skypes or connections to others. I wish I did though.

I just recieved word that most of those other writers are piqued, but not really motivated because of rust and/or school. So I will let them be; it's not like I was expecting alot of people to signup (much less see this through) anyways. Still, you should ask around for any stragglers on mastertop if you think that'll bring some here.

Alright guys, I'm typing up the Preliminaries so stay frosty. That thread is coming up within the day...

Xate
06-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Lucario was just chilling in the Chat Room and enjoying the free food when a flyer grabbed hold of his attention. Swallowing his food, he picked up the leaflet and examined it.
"Hm...wRHG tournament at "the largest, most ominous, warehouse in the Abandoned Warehouse District" eh? Looks like there's something for us to do Rio." Lucas said.
"Aw yeah! I'm ITCHING for some fighting!" Rio couldn't hide his eagerness. He IS a martial artist, after all. Fighting is what he lives for. Or "possessing" for.
"That settles it. Here I come, wRHG tournament." And with haste, Lucario exited the Chat Room and headed for the Abandoned Warehouse District.
"By the way Lucas, just WHERE is the "Abandoned Warehouse District"?" And Rio's question ruined Lucas's march.
"...Let's just ask around, ok? Someone must've known about it. Now then, let's get to it!" And Lucas headed off...again.

Hewitt
06-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Glad you made it GamerXD8.

Preliminary round is UP!!! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?70267-wRHG-Tournament-Preliminary-Round-IT-S-OVER-ONE-THOUSAND)

***We will still accept late comers at this point!

Azure
06-21-2013, 10:45 PM
**Think I'd miss some big event after I finally got a heap of free time on my hands? Yeah, not likely. Let's get signed up!**

"Now, Zeno, this is a great opportunity for us to better assess your... unique abilities, as well as your brother's." The scientist said in what was barely concealed fear. I looked at him, bored, then closed my eyes and enjoyed another sip of tea. It was peppermint, with a touch of cinnamon and some honey. Quite a lovely drink, though, it had begun to grow tepid over the length of the conversation. After my sip, which I admit, I had drawn out a bit both to savor the flavor and play with the scientist, I set down the cup on the saucer.

"You see, sir," I said in this annoyingly husky voice, "Simply fighting because you want me to is not exactly a good reason to. we've said it before, and we'll say it again; we are not here because of you all. We am here because the place we used to live was beginning to become... smelly, I believe you'd say? Granted, I did nothing to clean the corpses up, but neither did I make them corpses. Cruz did. He's a bit of a slob at times, but I do not judge him for it." Tilting my head, I listened to Cruz rant a bit. He was always so fussy when brought up, almost like a child. "Oh, hush now. That's no way to speak, especially not to your twin. I don't know where you picked up such language... it's almost as bad as back then..." I noticed the scientist looking at me strangely. It was hard to tell if it was because of my talking to Cruz (which to any other would appear as if I were rambling to myself, a trait associated with insanity), or if it was because I had accidentally given a slight clue as to how truly old we were. Either way, it was of little significance to me.

"We of the wRHG organization are well aware of that; however, as you may know, we are a combat organization. Your continued staying here is not beneficial for us if you refuse to actually perform any combat. It is not entirely necessary for you in particular to participate. Either of you would be great research, and would allow your continued habitation without your becoming a burden, which, may I add, the higher ups don't approve of?"
I smiled a bit at that. It was always adorable when these humans believed themselves to have power. My smile must have reassured him, for his body grew a little less tense. Inside my head, Cruz was begging me to accept, or at the least, let him out to accept. "No, Cruz, you can't come out now. You know how you behave in social settings." It looked up at the scientist, took another sip of my tea, then proceeded to answer his question. "Alright. We'll participate in this little 'session' of yours. However, I do hope you'll have lots of sweets ready when we're done." After a few moments, I add to that statement, "...and some bitter treats, too."

~~~~~

It wasn't long before I was dropped off before the facility, some warehouse they had set up. I had heard on the chopper that there had been multiple ones set up, and it appeared I was the only one present at this one. I smiled to myself, then slowly let my consciousness fade back as another came to take its place. When next my eyes opened, they were no longer gold...

...they were silver, and I was seriously ready to go fuck some people up. This shit is gonna be fun.

Zeke has entered the tournament.

cowboy bodacious
06-26-2013, 06:28 AM
omg yes! pleas tell me im not too late!

ErrorBlender
06-26-2013, 06:53 AM
You are not too late. Make an RP that your character has joined and you're in. After that immediately direct yourself to this thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?70267-wRHG-Tournament-Preliminary-Round-IT-S-OVER-ONE-THOUSAND&p=1019591#post1019591).

That is the tournament proper and will count as the proper entry to the tournament.

The Strongest
06-26-2013, 08:30 PM
It was a curious day when a trip to the coffee shop was interrupted by a rain that had been completely unexpected. Especially when that rain was not one of actual rain, but one of flyers. Flyers that advertised an event located in "the largest, most ominous warehouse in the abandoned warehouse district." Hardly the location that Walden would have chosen for anything remotely respectable, but alas, his options were lacking, just then. It was go out to find just what manner of sport had been organized, or resign oneself to searching for some way to spend the several days that Walden imagined the exulted event would take up. It promised to at least be worth his time, judging by the sheer volume of advertisements that had been produced for it. So it was that Walden found his way to the shop he had previously been seeking, purchased the hot beverage he had been craving, and then proceeded to endeavor to locate the warehouse he had been informed of.

Hewitt
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Brackets are a go!

ROUND ONE is UP!!! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?73562-wRHG-Tournament-Round-ONE-Evening-the-Odds)

We will not be accepting anymore newcomers!

Rochedan
07-01-2013, 04:37 AM
I want to inform everybody, and also Hewitt that I will be in Bali from 26th of July - 21th of August. Consequently I will not be able to write anything in this time span.

(Hewitt you didn't respond to my PM and that's why I put this here)

Hewitt
07-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I want to inform everybody, and also Hewitt that I will be in Bali from 26th of July - 21th of August. Consequently I will not be able to write anything in this time span.

(Hewitt you didn't respond to my PM and that's why I put this here)

I was aware of this fact since the day you brought it up. I guess I should've said something but basically, it's going to depend on whether or not you can win Round 1. If you don't win, then there's no problem. If you win, you will have to find a proxy to replace you or consider yourself out of the tournament.

Incidentally, if anyone would like to step in and signup for Rochedan's bench feel free to.

Rochedan
07-02-2013, 02:38 AM
I was aware of this fact since the day you brought it up. I guess I should've said something but basically, it's going to depend on whether or not you can win Round 1. If you don't win, then there's no problem. If you win, you will have to find a proxy to replace you or consider yourself out of the tournament.

Incidentally, if anyone would like to step in and signup for Rochedan's bench feel free to.

Ow man, really?
This is summer vacation, I suppose I won't be the only one going on a vacation...?
Perhaps I will just write something while I'm on vacation, so please don't assume anything unless I say I forfeit :)

Thank for responding

Hewitt
07-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Well yeah, there's always the possibility that someone will take a vacation. But then, why sign up in the first place? It's a tournament. You know inherently that it's going to take months to complete and if they have vacations, they'll probably make time for it, if not let me know in advance as you have. I hadn't said a thing because at the time I was still scheduling and planning Round 1.

I wish I could make room and postpone the contest, but unless the majority is feeling the same way then you're the one who's going to have to try and compromise. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the other competitors.

Hewitt
07-19-2013, 04:21 AM
With Round One officially over, I am now opening sign-ups for...

The Official wRHG Tournament Loser's Bracket
or should I say, Writer's Hell.

First, let me introduce the Official Losers of Round One. Let's give a big hand for:

Azure Kite
Shadowkirby
Anywho
merich1
_Ai_
GamerXD8
Rochedan*

*Rochedan is going on a vacation so sadly (or fortunately for him) he doesn't have to suffer what lies ahead (unless you can make it...feel free to join in).

You think the Loser's Bracket is going to be easier?! Think again. You all lost graciously but if you want to get back to the top it's going to take twice as much effort and creativity to forge a path ahead. And that goes double for any newcomers who wish to take a piece of wRHG Glory.

The Rounds of Writer's Hell will not be harder per se, but will definitely force you to think of things from a different perspective, perhaps in ways you never thought of before. These matches are more of a test of writing skill than actual fighting power. Write smart, and maybe...just MAYBE, you can reclaim your place and take out the champ.

How do I Sign-Up?
Here's how it's gonna go. All the existing participants in the list above will have to re-register by claiming so here along with their Entrance Fee: another snippet of writing. Newcomers will have to do the same with the only difference being that the slots old participants have are reserved for four days. If 4 days have gone by and the old losers still haven't come forward, they will no longer be allowed to sign up.

Here is what you have to do: Simply describe your wRHG's room.

That's it. Context are as follows...
For Round 1 Losers: Your loss has caused The Host to temporarily teleport you into a room without doors or windows.
For Newcomers: After recieving the original flyers too late, you head for the Abandoned Warehouse District to discover that everyone is gone. You are instead knocked out and taken to said no-door room.

What is the challenge here exactly?

In order to not cause panic, The Host has outfitted your rooms to resemble your wRHG's actual living quarters, and catered to their respective tastes. If your character lived in a cave, then that's what it will look like. If your character had a crush on a certain girl, then your room will be outfitted with posters of said girl. If your character has anger issues, the wallpaper will be ripped a bit and the furniture cracked with punches or something.

DO NOT WRITE ANY ACTION. Your character will not be doing anything. All you need to do is write a paragraph of this room's description. Essentially, you are bringing your character to life in this room. Use your character sheet and infer from them what your character expects.

That is all.

Okay. Then what?
The sign-up phase will go on for about 2 weeks (Deadline: Aug. 2, 2013). If I don't recieve anymore entries, then I will close it sooner. I do not expect alot of people to join though I am expecting certain individuals who have yet to even make a character yet. Essentially the newcomers have it easier (for now) seeing as they haven't made their character yet so they can still customize a bit. At the end of it, your entries will be judged and processed for seeding as we move to the real Round 1.

So, get to it people. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Xate
07-19-2013, 04:42 AM
Lucario's wRHG room: a normal apartment in SP City. Not normally occupied due to constant traveling, but this place is the resting place for our wandering brawler. A single bed lies in a corner, its neatly made surface and the dim room was illuminated by the LED light bulb above. Other than a coffee table and a bed, there aren't anything else in the concrete-floored room. On the table is a bag recently put there by Lucario, inside of which are junks he had packed from the beginning of his journey.

Next to the dark blue bag is a single book, rather, a "diary". This is a "record" of his journey, a "story" of his adventure. Lucas has always loved writing. He has been writing since he first woke up from his coma. A trip through dimensions can be mentally exhausting, so a short break to write down the occurrences of his life is just what he needs. On its cover was a elaborately-written title: "Path of a Wanderer".

Codincx
07-19-2013, 05:07 AM
Crystal Warrior's wrhg room: The room itself is nothing complicated, just a cube of stone with a door. It was made so that it had all the utilities of a forge: a melter, an anvil, a grindstone and so on. It also has a stash of diamond, iron and steel, used for creating Crystal. There is a single bed in a corner, with an armor stand nearby (which is never used). Note here that the room is windowless, the only source of light being the forge and a few candles. There is a reason for this: you can estimate the temperature of crystal by the amount of glow it spreads when it's heated, but the light must be dim in order to make a correct estimation.

In a secret trapdoor under the bed, there is a massive chest made of 5cm thick Crystal, secured by three locks (which are part of the chest). A solid chain is wrapped around it, as an extra measure of protection. The chest itself cannot be taken out of its place, thanks to a magic barrier. This place is where The Cutter stands when it's not held by The Warrior.

_Ai_
07-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Aiman's room : Nothing of significance, the room looks like your average apartment for a bachelor. The room was moderately decorated, with a fridge full of fast food on the corner to the room. The other corner of the room has a comfy looking bed, with a small bedtable next to it. There is a small lamp with a unique shape on top of the bedtable, and a glass full of carbonated water. The room has a very colorful wallpaper, consisting colors of Aiman's elements. A pot of plant sits near the sofa, which is on the center of the room.

The odd thing is, there was no door. How anyone could be in this room is a wonder.

buckethead
07-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Digkid's wrhg room: This room was more like a mine than a room. Around the mine there were discarded pickaxes and jackhammers along with mining hats hanging on the walls. the walls themselves were nothing more than earth and the roof was held up by wooden posts with concrete reinforcing. on the far end of the mine was a mound of dirt that served as the bed and in the opposite corner is a wooden shack that served as the bathroom. a passage way came to a small kitchen where the food was kept. oil lanters hung from the ceiling and were usually out but were lit at this time casting strange shadows everywhere. also an occational mole could be seen sleeping and some small random divit in the floor.

merich1
07-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Pencillum's room: An incredibly large treasure chest sits in the corner, full of Dixon Ticonderoga #2, #3, and #4 pencils. A bed lies next to it. Next to the bed is a desk. On the desk is a Livestreamer Model III, and under the desk is a huge stack of paper. A few sofas are placed in the middle of the room in a semicircular shape, with a table in the middle. On the other side of the room, there is a teleporter for room service, and hanging on the walls is a Mega-Livestreamer Model VII, newly bought. On the other wall hangs a massive pencil, and under it are a cheap plastic model of a lightning bolt, a trident, a black metal helmet, a cheap plastic model of a peacock, some wheat, a grapevine, two bows and arrows (a sun under one and a moon under the other), a caduceus, a cheap plastic model of an owl, a spear, a cheap plastic model of a heart, and a cheap plastic model of some fire. The room is fairly large, and is about the size of a classroom. Touching the forever-freshly-baked red cake in the corner of the room teleports him to his other home, on Pencil Island, but that's another story.

Is that good enough?

Hewitt
07-19-2013, 10:19 AM
GUYS I JUST SAID THAT THE ROOMS ARE DOOR AND WINDOWLESS

EDIT YOUR SHIT PLS

The Organization
07-19-2013, 10:21 AM
they can be posters of windows, that glow in the dark : O

BirtDog
07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Dominic's wRHG room: 4 reinforced padded white walls, lit by sources of light coming through the reinforced padding. This was the last room Dominic "lived" in; it was his death sentence for 7 years.

EDIT: not really a paragraph but that's the last place he stayed in for an extended period of time. Should I expand? Somehow =/

Tantalum
07-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Karal's room:
A traditional shaded lightbulb hung from the center, though it mattered not whether it was on or off. The leftward draft of an air conditioner swept continuously through the otherwise-plain chamber, maintaining a favourable 12°C for its single inhabitant. The walls were a drab concrete, the ceiling an empty square, and five by five meter-wide squares made up a grid of grey carpets below.

A single bed took up the middle of the room, positioned against the back wall. Its frame was a dull-painted metal, and its hardened mattress had no cover nor pillow above it. A small table was placed beside, holding a simple analogue alarm clock, and another odd sort of appliance; a bulky, wired wrist-strap of sorts, with the other end connected to a power outlet.

A large wardrobe filled the entire wall-space to the left. Over two dozen hangers showcased a great variety of modern casual wear; favouring white long-sleeved tops and red jeans, but also featuring a pair of full skirts and dresses towards the far end. Strangely enough, each garment was hung a perfect 4 inches apart, and none appeared to have a day of wear.

Finally, in the front corner, a metal coat stand supported a dark red umbrella and a white sun hat, along with an expensive matching jacket for each. A simple desk stood next to it on the front wall, its contents including yesterday's newspaper, an unsolved Rubik's Cube, several writing utensils, and a laptop computer complete with Braille keyboard and display.

Boomerang
07-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Titus' wRHG room: A old rickety room with peeled off paint and a dim flickering light hanging on the ceiling. The wooden floor was scratched up and had random various holes in them. He awoke on a bed with ripped up sheets and two of the legs broken off. There was a couch which was tilted to the side because of its lack of two legs just like the bed. There was the television, static on it as usual. There was Titus' wardrobe that held the few clothes he had, and on top of that was a lamp with no bulb in it. There was also your average table with the top of it scratched up and the chairs without legs. Along with Titus' knife, massacre, hanging on its normal screw on the wall. The temperature was the normal 65 degrees, just how Titus liked it. And finally, a beautifully painted portrait of a woman, likely a girl he had met in his travels. It was just like his home, except for one thing.

There was no door.

Shadowkirby
07-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Todesberührung's room was nothing more than barren. Voided without any needs to satisfy the woeful undead except for a single chair in the middle of the dark room.

The ceiling was painted to resemble the night sky, completed with countless stars and a moon specially pained with glow-in-the-dark paint to give luminescent feature that completes the picture. Other than the painting and chair, there was nothing.

#This one's a bit hard to describe, considering that he has been living and wondering outside; he secluded himself away from any city from provoking various types including zombie hunters, fighters, bounty hunters, pariahs, and so on.

Equinox Fox
07-20-2013, 08:54 AM
I would love to take part, but seeing currently that I'm a good 18 hours and counting down from home, it will take me a day or two.

Canis Majoris
07-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Knocked out after the hit, Caesar couldn't move. The four walls and ceiling surrounding him would feel oddly familiar.
The wall to his left, a portrait of his family when he was 8. His seemingly innocent but trickster nature was revealed in this, as he stuck his tongue out in the picture. Many other pictures of his training in the Xeno Facility were there, including one of the fight he had with X-2 himself, Astral.
To his right were various roman artifacts, including a coin from that era and a javelin, possibly from a legionnaire. There was also a picture of the house in which he lived before capture.
Behind him were several holes on the wall, which matched his javelin and gladius. The wall also had traces of blood, possibly from the punches he had landed on it.
Right in front of him, a bed with red sheets and no other distinguishable features.

BirtDog
07-20-2013, 02:32 PM
they can be posters of windows, that glow in the dark : O

xD
Can we be friends? I would like that very much.

Nikx232
07-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Haku's room seemed like a perfectly normal room with a bed, dresser, and nightstand; however, this was not the case. A strange radiant light fell upon the room from an unknown source, as if it just existed in the room as much as the furniture around it. Even though there were no windows to open and let in a cool breeze, a light wind carried the fresh scent of a garden about the room.

A small modest bed sat neatly in the corner of the room, its dark green sheets properly tucked and fixed next to a strangely unkempt nightstand. An old silver clock sat on the corner of the dusty stand, silent and still. Cobwebs dressed its unmoving hands all the way down to its dull and rusted legs. An equally dusty picture frame laid face down as if the owner had wished to keep it hidden. The image beneath displayed the moment of a father carrying his daughter on his shoulder both smiling brightly. Although the picture itself was badly sun-damaged, partially bleaching some of the colors, the faces of those two still looked as clean and crisp as the day it was taken.

A tall cherry blossom tree painted along the wall, reached high above as its image stretching onto the ceiling. The pink colors would change if one stared long enough and an illusion of movement could be seen as one's eyes would trail to the other side of the room. A dresser stood underneath the wall of floating petals as its deep colored wood and golden locks presented itself proudly like a chest full of treasure. Everything in the room emitted a comforting and peaceful glow, even the lush green carpet which resembled closed to grass as the wind continued to swirl about. It was perfect for a worn traveler such as Haku, but it was a little too perfect a match.

A strange metal box bound by thick heavy chains and sealed with several locks, sat in alone in an empty corner of the room. All other objects and furniture were placed as far away from the box as possible, almost as if the furniture themselves avoided the box out of fear. However, if one was brave enough...No...If one was daring enough to approach the box, one would hear a particular sound. It was a child's voice, singing to those who were foolish enough to listen to the song of the box, for all who listened would meet face-to-face with their demons.

Hewitt
07-22-2013, 10:53 PM
I would love to take part, but seeing currently that I'm a good 18 hours and counting down from home, it will take me a day or two.

Take your time, sir.

If anyone can get in touch with the other Round 1 Losers, please inform them as well. THey may not know about their 2nd chance.

XJCLW
07-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Do you have to be a round 1 looser, or can you join in now?

ErrorBlender
07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
You can join in from what the rules say in this page (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?68791-The-wRHG-Tournament-Loser-s-Bracket-SIGNUPS!!!-%28Newcomers-Welcome!%29&p=1039936&viewfull=1#post1039936).

How do I Sign-Up?
Here's how it's gonna go. All the existing participants in the list above will have to re-register by claiming so here along with their Entrance Fee: another snippet of writing. Newcomers will have to do the same with the only difference being that the slots old participants have are reserved for four days. If 4 days have gone by and the old losers still haven't come forward, they will no longer be allowed to sign up.

XJCLW
07-23-2013, 08:18 AM
So I can joiN? Okay then....

The Beast's wRHG Room:

A large box shaped room with a bed, and tendrils all over the walls. No wallpaper, just plain white drywall. There are knocked out destroyed windows and some ashes on the ground. A box lays in the corner of the room that contains his extra symbiote that he stole from the same alien lab that gave him his own symbiote. It has an iron bars for a door, like a prison cell so that nobody but him can get in/out.

Hewitt
07-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Oh yeah btw, I'm gonna get this outta the way: the burden of a Loser holds tuff consequences. So for Round 1 of this Bracket....the points you get will not count towards the Hall of Warriors. It wouldn't work anyway as you will eventually find out.

Feel free to quit if you think that's important to ya :D

Boomerang
07-23-2013, 10:18 AM
I really don't care i just wanna get back into writing and improve.

Hewitt
07-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Okay, it's been 2 days and I've waited for Bond to no avail. Here are the current participants of the Loser's Bracket:

GamerXD8
Codincx
_Ai_
digikid
merich1
BirtDog
Tantalum
BoomerangReturns
ShadowKirby
Canis Majoris
Nikx232
XJCLW

I am now drumming up the Loser's Bracket R1 thread. Until I get that up people can still join but once it's out, this signup period is over.

Azure
07-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Since writing is something I can do, and since I've been getting few battle requests anyways, I'll join up with the Loser's Bracket.

Boomerang
07-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Finally ill be able to flex my skills and attempt to improve.

Hewitt
07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
btw im just gonna put this out here, but out of the 12 (and apparently 2 more who are PMing me to wait a bit >_>) I surmise that only 6-7 will become active in the end. I was lucky in the actual R1 that everyone worked hard, but I'm just skeptic about this one.

Nikx232
07-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Are you going to wait for them or...?

Hewitt
07-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Like I said, I'm typing up the bracket. If the bracket is up, I'll alot for a tiny window for any stragglers to join. You're not officially in until you acknowledge yourself by posting in the R1 thread anyways (see my old Round 1 to get a gist of how things work)

Nikx232
07-24-2013, 09:00 PM
oh okay that sounds good then, can't wait! :]

Boomerang
07-25-2013, 04:26 AM
btw im just gonna put this out here, but out of the 12 (and apparently 2 more who are PMing me to wait a bit >_>) I surmise that only 6-7 will become active in the end. I was lucky in the actual R1 that everyone worked hard, but I'm just skeptic about this one.

Well you don't have to worry about me Hewitt i literally have nothing better to do then make my battle

GuardianTempest
07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Catie's wRHG Room:

Her small room looks just as the same as the one back home, the only difference is that this time, it is meant for living permanently. The walls are painted Navy Blue with the ceiling painted white. The windows behind the curtains are gone but you can still hear sounds of the outside world, if only to prevent sensory deprivation. There is a bottomless mini-fridge on the corner of the room and a mini-oven on top of it. The widescreen LED television set is hooked up to a hybrid console that plays all her games and has a DVD archive if she feels like watching movies. Her beds are metal-framed bunk beds, the lower bed is bigger than the one above. The only door in the room leading to the hallway is replaced with a doorway that leads to a spa-like luxury bathroom. Near the closet is a desk built into its side, with various novelties located on top of it and here's a mirror hooked on the wall. Last is her working desk, a computer platform where her laptop can be hooked up to ludicrous connection speeds. This would feel like heaven for her but her companions say otherwise.

--

Alright, let's see the sort of sleep-deprived shenanigans I can pull off.

merich1
07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm going to basically lurk around here, make around 0 posts per day, and check about five times every day to see if the thread is up yet.

Mmkay?

Boomerang
07-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Hey Hewitt, question.

Do you just literally pick the battles at random or do you put thought into which two fighters would make a good match?

Hewitt
07-28-2013, 08:02 AM
The Describe-your-room entries are actually entries ranked by me and the judges. We use those ranks to appropriately seed the contestants. I'm terribly sorry for the delay, life stuff comes first you know how it is.

Expect the Round to come up within the next day or two.

XJCLW
07-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Goody goody. I'll wait till then to die horribly.

Boomerang
07-28-2013, 12:50 PM
The Describe-your-room entries are actually entries ranked by me and the judges. We use those ranks to appropriately seed the contestants. I'm terribly sorry for the delay, life stuff comes first you know how it is.

Hm, interesting way to seed it. Wonder who I'll end up with.

Nikx232
07-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Hm, interesting way to seed it. Wonder who I'll end up with.

Perhaps with meh? :D eh? ehhhh? :D

Boomerang
07-28-2013, 01:21 PM
I get the feeling you'd be quite the challenge.

I'm actually hoping for birtdog however. We had a bit of a really short fight scene in the interviews.

But i don't care who i face, i just want to get past this round.

Nikx232
07-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Ahhhhhh okayyyyyy :(

But good luck to whomever you face against! ;D

Boomerang
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
You too.

I don't think my room was that good now that I think about it, i hope my seeding doesn't put me as like the worst one of the 13.

And if it's still 13..that means a potential triple threat x.x

Nikx232
07-28-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm sure you'll do fine either way. Like you said, you have nothing else to do right? Looks like you can spend that time wisely to write well~~~ :D

XJCLW
07-28-2013, 03:06 PM
My room was the worst, I didn't put much detail at all.... because it's just a white box with tendrils a bed a box and iron bars for a door....

Nikx232
07-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Remember guys, this is just the entry. Yes it'll be harder for you when you're paired up later, but just do the best you can. :]

Boomerang
07-28-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate Titus' enemy facility the Cartel into my round 1 entry

Being that he escaped the facility and they've been looking for him for two years now, it'd be an amazing way to start with him having to eliminate the team sent to bring him into custody

Nikx232
07-28-2013, 03:23 PM
good see? you're already brainstorming ideas! This will better prepare you for the battles to come. Your character, his story....everything plays a role in your writing :] I'm glad to see someone preparing this way~! (Brings a tear to my eye ;v; )

BirtDog
07-29-2013, 01:41 AM

Woh...so...if I want to be placed against a better opponent I SHOULD go back and re-write my stuff? Spice it up?
Because I just put what I thought was the bare minimum to get in, I thought there would be like...i suppose another more action-y preliminary round.
But I want a challenge! I wanna be tested!!! *Raises fist high in the air as a spotlight hits him* (All in good fun of course)

Hewitt
07-29-2013, 01:56 AM
It wouldn't do you any good. The entries have already been ranked accordingly :P

I did not mention directly that these entries were used for seeding for this exact reason: I didn't want any concious preconceptions when you are writing naturally in a raw manner.

BirtDog
07-29-2013, 02:31 AM
It wouldn't do you any good. The entries have already been ranked accordingly :P

I did not mention directly that these entries were used for seeding for this exact reason: I didn't want any concious preconceptions when you are writing naturally in a raw manner.

You sneaky monster D=

Fine...I'll just fight my way to the champion, but now I have to weed through "er'rybody" ;D

Hewitt
07-30-2013, 04:07 AM
LOSER'S BRACKET ROUND ONE IS UP GUYS!!! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?74989-wRHG-Tournament-Loser-s-Bracket-Round-1-Once-Upon-A-Time)

Xate
07-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Wee for awesome theme~

Hewitt
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM
THE SCORES FOR ROUND 2 ARE UP!!! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?74702-wRHG-Tournament-Round-TWO-Lost-and-Found-(SCORES-ARE-UP!!!)&p=1081595&viewfull=1#post1081595)

Congratulations to the Final Four. You'll be moving on to the Semi-Finals :D

We will now be turning our attention towards the Loser's Bracket and tabulate their scores. Rest assured, the next round thread will come up shortly.

Lobotomizer
09-08-2013, 10:53 PM
This is what I get for repeatedly refreshing the page in wait for Hewitt's post.

Congratulations to the semi-finalists.

Like hewitt, my battle with blakphoenix was really close. That ante fail was a nice sucker punch to the gut, and without the irony bonus I'd be eating seaweed at the bottom of the sea. In all honesty I really wished the both of us had made it, even if the rules don't allow for it.

I'd also take a moment to emphasise on how important it is to give critique. The bonus, is nothing to laugh at. A potential 45 points, the equivalent of 9 votes, is up for grabs for anyone who cares to take the time and effort to earn them. Had either Blakphoenix or I gotten lax in our ways, the other would have won.

And it shows! Theorganisation lost by 45 points to chamel. I think we can all say, and without offence to chamel, that theorganisation is definitely the better of the two. If, and if he had gotten the full bonus, they would be tied and given his writing skill, he would end up in the semi finals instead. But he was 'busy', tied up. Whether for legitimate reasons or not, the cause of his loss is clear.

Effort does not end just in writing. I need to emphasise that the critique is another part of the tournament that seems to be grossly ignored by some, and that is a shame. Perhaps you could tell me that 45 points would be a huge gap for theorganisation to even try, but winning is not all that matters. Ultimately it's about helping your fellow writers of the lounge to improve, and that is also the reason why others like nightlock decided to spend time, their own time, to critique the people in round 2.

I hope the rest of the semi finalists, or even the other writers, listen to this. An hour's worth of work is nothing compared to the potential improvement you may have given to the writer.

GuardianTempest
09-08-2013, 11:11 PM
And I was actually rooting for The Organization, at least The Strongest proves his namesake one way or the other.

The upcoming 'Blow by Blow' theme seems like it's going to be a test of endurance. This is going to be so big it can be seen from space.

Nikx232
09-08-2013, 11:17 PM
congrats to the combatants and good luck to those that have moved on~!
I can't wait to see what comes next because it sounds like it's going to be an all out slug-fest~! >:D
FIGHT ON~!

Hewitt
09-08-2013, 11:47 PM
I just wanna say taht I'm in no way miffed by The Organisations' unexpected turnout. Just a little disappointed as that was one of the hyped matches back in Round 1. He has an RP and I respect that, but perhaps his priorities went astray when he mismanaged his time (I know, you mentioned this to me a few while's back. I just didn't have the time to properly respond because I had a tournament to run). With that said, I have no qualms against the RP itself, but if you're going to make one be sure you can handle your loads.

The Organization
09-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Congrats to the Semi Finalists. Hewitt, are you going to continue the Loser's bracket after its first round?

Hewitt
09-09-2013, 02:09 AM
As I said so in the loser's bracket itself. Yes.

blakphoenix
09-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Well then, I am more than satisfied with this result. If I could shake your hand lobo I would. *sends virtual handshake request*. Although it's most likely not possible, I was pondering the likelihood of the losers still being able to join the loser's bracket and possibly get another shot at you, or maybe take on one of the other's as well ( since all four of the semi-finalists were on my battle radar before the tourney). To those moving on, don't ever get comfortable. When you do, you slip up and when you slip you fall. I wish you all luck.

ErrorBlender
09-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Everyone did awesome. That's for sure.

I agree with Lobotomizer though I myself don't CnC that much. I find it hard to get all nit-picky when I read and even when I reread it, I fail to notice things. I will do what I can though even if my CnCs end up simply like "I liked this part and you could do more on this..."

So I'm up against the top one...The Strongest, be ready! I will do what it takes to bring you down :DD

BirtDog
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm gunning for all of you up there. Don't get too comfy >=)
After all, I tied you Error. I'm calling that a draw in my book lol. Which means you just made my s**t list, congrats on being number 2. Blak is number 1 (he knows why).

Which leads to my other point. I like Blak's idea of the round 2 losers fighting the Loser's winners. It would make another round of point scoring for us, which makes BOTH the winner's and loser's have a cumulative point score for 2 rounds (for now). That would make it so winning based off the point system is acceptable and fair, since whether you joined the Loser's or Winner's, you had the same opportunity of points when you teach the top. This would also mean that after this round of Loser's (rebel 1!) and the upcoming "heist" round (rebel 2!) we'd need another round (rebel 3!) to even up the winner of "blow by blow", since by then that winner will have done "evening the odds", "lost and found", and "blow by blow" itself. This would also mean that the winner of "blow by blow" would take a break while the Loser's do their round 3.

And if this was already scheduled and I just ruined something, or if there's another plan to even the points, then consider the above statement as ramblings from a mad man.

EDIT: this would also mean that a loser of "lost and found" would not get points for the Loser's bracket "heist" round. His point score for that round would determine whether he moves to a round 3 then be removed from the point count for the following round and determining the entire tournament's (burrito) supreme victor.

Nikx232
09-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I find your proposal interesting guys~
I relish the challenge! >D

BirtDog
09-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah? I mustard it.

.....your move >=)

Nikx232
09-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Sorry I'm going to have to decline. I'm a bit "pickle" when I choose my opponents xP

Hewitt
09-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Which leads to my other point. I like Blak's idea of the round 2 losers fighting the Loser's winners. It would make another round of point scoring for us, which makes BOTH the winner's and loser's have a cumulative point score for 2 rounds (for now). That would make it so winning based off the point system is acceptable and fair, since whether you joined the Loser's or Winner's, you had the same opportunity of points when you teach the top. This would also mean that after this round of Loser's (rebel 1!) and the upcoming "heist" round (rebel 2!) we'd need another round (rebel 3!) to even up the winner of "blow by blow", since by then that winner will have done "evening the odds", "lost and found", and "blow by blow" itself. This would also mean that the winner of "blow by blow" would take a break while the Loser's do their round 3

That would be a good idea, if it wasn't such a managerial nightmare. And it's not fair to the R1 Losers who worked so hard moving on to go up against the R2 losers who've already had 2 battles under their belt.

Idea denied.

BirtDog
09-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Sorry I'm going to have to decline. I'm a bit "pickle" when I choose my opponents xP

....worchestire...balls in your court

That would be a good idea, if it wasn't such a managerial nightmare. And it's not fair to the R1 Losers who worked so hard moving on to go up against the R2 losers who've already had 2 battles under their belt.

Idea denied.

Understandable. How dare you propose such hardship, Blak. I apologize for my friend Hewitt, you glorious falcon-man.

Nikx232
09-09-2013, 08:56 PM
gouda for you BirtDog but I'd rather fillet out of here :U
*flies away with the fishes into the double rainbow in the sky*

BirtDog
09-09-2013, 08:59 PM
gouda for you BirtDog but I'd rather fillet out of here :U
*flies away with the fishes into the double rainbow in the sky*

Oh yeah?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/wheres_63d63d_2765173.jpg

Now I win...I LOVE winning!

EDIT: we should stop this conversation. It's getting out of hand lol

Nikx232
09-09-2013, 09:03 PM
lol I agree, it was fun while it lasted however~! XD

Sorry Hewitt~! :3

ErrorBlender
09-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm gunning for all of you up there. Don't get too comfy >=)
After all, I tied you Error. I'm calling that a draw in my book lol. Which means you just made my s**t list, congrats on being number 2. Blak is number 1 (he knows why).

How did we tie? O_o The scoring was put up.

Anyways, I'll be ready for another battle with you again someday. Until then, reverse-catbug.

Hewitt
09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Everyone, save your stories (even the ones that aren't yours if you're feeling generous) and back them up. In lieu of recent events, this place might lose its shit because of hacking. I actually have the semi-final thread almost up and running...but i'm thinking of postponing it because I'm afraid TheSaw might rollback the site again or something, and this next round is time-critical.

By the by, there's been word going around that Chamel wants to give up his place so blakphoenix can participate in the Semi-Finals. It wasn't "fair" for TheOrg to lose like that and it seems more exciting to let blak move on seeing as I myself said he and loboto had equal chance. I need your opinions on this. I already have blak and Loboto's answer. PM me or post your thoughts here (specifically Strongest and Error, but anyone can say anything).

Chamel
09-10-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm all for it ._. (LOL)

I didn't feel like it was a fair fight between me and TheOrg because he can (hopefully) write a better piece than the one he submitted :/ Other than that, Blak placed 4th in overall rankings he deserves to move on (if he wishes of course).

So YEH

Hewitt
09-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I just don't wanna hear anything like "OMG Is that the next Round?! I shouldn't have quit I'm good at this!" from you Chamel XD

Nikx232
09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I think what has happened has happened and we should just move on with what we have regardless of what was fair or not. Just because Organ could have written a better piece doesn't change the fact that the one he wrote was not. You have been blessed Cham with this opportunity and I think we should all just move on so as not to cause anymore headaches. (Specifically talking about the loser's bracket's situation)

Chamel
09-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I just don't wanna hear anything like "OMG Is that the next Round?! I shouldn't have quit I'm good at this!" from you Chamel XD

You sir, probably know me a bit too well, especially from the Internet ._. Besides... I don't say "OMG" very often ._.

HAHA~ I might stay... Imma leave the choice up to Blak. If he feels that he wants to take Lobo on one more time, than he can, if not, I'll continue on into the third round.

Hewitt
09-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I already have blak's answer so don't repost it here, blak. I wanna keep this as unanimous as I can. Besides, if it's happening, I'm reshuffling teh bracket so he goes after The Strongest and Lobo takes on Error to prevent early clashes.

Chamel
09-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Well aint Hewwy a little ball of cunning

Oh wellz~ I promise that if Blak goes on, I will not comment on how well (or bad) I feel like I would have done XD

BirtDog
09-10-2013, 08:09 PM
How did we tie? O_o The scoring was put up.

Anyways, I'll be ready for another battle with you again someday. Until then, reverse-catbug.

Points in that round alone were the same, of course you had more overall, but for JUST our round they were the same =P

EDIT:

I gotta say I do hold mixed feelings about the situation. I am a friend to, despite my jousting at, Blak and I think I know what he'd want...but I really want to see Chamel up there.

Don't get me wrong, I would so love to fight Blak (in this tournament, i know I can fight him whenever) if he goes on, and I believe he can make it all the way because he's got the talent.

But there's always been a sort of...something in Chamel's writing that makes me feel like he could just be amazing. He's like Gene Forrester as he runs around the track at the end of "A Seperate Peace": he needs to keep going until his body (his writing talent) just says "Fine! You want more! Here!" and he matures into what is there.
I want to see the talent like i see it in Blak, not just get a sense of it.
His character's personality was given such a life force when I first read it, and i want to see more of that.
I just want to see the little bastard to really push himself. To want to win this. Because even if he doesn't, that want could make him such a better writer if he were to really take himself seriously.

EDIT:

Also what are you talking about at the beginning with hacks? This is all new to me O.o
And were you saying "save your shit" literally, or figuratively, like "don't lose your shit [mind] over the phat licks i be about to drop on ya!"

The Strongest
09-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm cool with it. Even if it does mean I lose my chance to take on Observer Protocol's leader immediately. Going head-to-head with the person who bested the one who first brought me here sounds like it could be fun, too.

I don't think I'm terribly fond of Chamel's motivation to drop, however. It strikes me as somewhat "meh" to throw away one's chance in the tournament because you don't think that you earned it. The important thing is that, deserving or not, you're the one in the spot. Of course, I'm an absolute sucker for systems, so my first instinct is generally to support the system (unless I think it's a broken one, which I don't think this one is). The way I see it, you can choose to deserve that spot if you feel like it.

On the other hand, BirtDog's quoting A Separate Peace to have Chamel stay, and I don't want to have my arguments associated with that piece of literature..even if it's kind of the same as what he said, now that I'm reading it. And it's not like the tournament is the only thing that exists to make him push himself.

Anyways, bottom line: If all involved parties are cool with it, I'm cool with it.

EDIT: I've been wondering, actually, why this tournament uses both a bracket system and an overall points system at the same time.

ErrorBlender
09-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Who brought you here The Strongest? Azure? I haven't beaten the dude. O_O

Truthfully speaking, I'd want Chamel to go for it. Chances like these are somewhat rare and letting opportunities slide are something I'd prefer not to allow.

The Strongest
09-11-2013, 09:42 AM
blakphoenix beat Azure Kite in the first round. If blakphoenix does take Chamel's spot, then you face Lobotomizer and I face blakphoenix.

Hewitt
09-11-2013, 08:00 PM
EDIT: I've been wondering, actually, why this tournament uses both a bracket system and an overall points system at the same time.

Well the overall points is just for bragging rights. Mostly. It's just another way to cummulatively bring out the best in someone by breaking their abilities down. You for example, clearly stomped the competition by winning votes over the traditional way and you've never CNC'd. Whilst others did the latter and won that way. Antes were put in place to prevent wins by popularity so the Pts Breakdown would showcase that as well, like how Loboto took a risk with a Hard Ante and almost failed to win because of it despite his votes, whether or not they are popular.

I've made my decision on the matter: Chamel stays. End of story.

ErrorBlender
09-14-2013, 08:20 AM
So...we can go for the Semis? The site went up for reset.

Chamel
09-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Righty-ho hoes~

Let's get this thing started :D (srsly... Y u no put it up yet?)

The Strongest
09-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Perhaps Hewitt was purged a second time.

Hewitt
09-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Don't be silleh.

Chamel, I did put it up ages ago but a site reset forced another rollback because of more hacking.

Rather than post the semifinal immediately again, I decided to just enjoy my weekend because I feared another rollback would destroy the semifinals AGAIN.

SO. Let's just all wait a couple more hours (im not at home) until I can repost the semifinals and we'll get this thing on the road. I'll just post it here instead of making a thread since theres only 4 of your left.

Chamel
09-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Welp, shit happens. Enjoy your weekend (FOR IT WILL BE YOUR LAST) and get it up whenever :D

BirtDog
09-15-2013, 08:51 PM
I've enjoyed the silence...and can i tip my hat in FAVOR of getting a thread made again. It's easier to navigate to on a phone =P

Hewitt
09-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Alright, I decided to just post the Semi-final here instead of making a new thread. I waited for awhile cos I was afraid of another hack as I mentioned. With the Loser's Bracket resolved for the moment I can release this. I apologize but I must once again ask all those who acknowledged in the past to do so again. I will append this post if anyone has further clarifying questions and for Ante's that are being asked for.

Anyways let's do this:

The podium rose on the central platform, taking the spoiled survivors atop the insiduous maze. As the stone platform reached its apex, the maze itself began getting darker and darker as the only source of light; the Maze's entrance sealed the loser's fates, trapping them forever.

"This...is madness. They won't survive down there. We have to go back for them!" Walden remarked.

"They'll be fine." The Host sneered, obviously transparent about the entire affair. "I didn't expect more than half of you to make it though, so this is entirely problematic."

Without a word, Kalena lunged at The Host, as closest as she has ever been and grabbed him by the collar. Despite everything she still had the strength to lift him precariously over the dark maze, with the ceiling almost certain to crush his head if she didn't pull away. Everyone else was quick to console but not stop her from her misdeeds. The Host himself could only smile.

"I like your moxie, Miss Eirwen!" His forced words barely escaping his choked lips. "But I would save it for the Rubber Room. All that pent up rage requires a more...sophisticated target."

And as if the world played tricks on her, a single blink disapparated all four competitors and the world went to black.

A single solitary dirty cell was their only companion. Well that and a plus one to join them.

wRHG Tournament: Semi-Finals

The Final FourChamel
ErrorBlender
Lobotomizer
The Strongest

Recap: the Scoring System
The Scoring System remains unchanged, with the exception of the Judge's Blessing. Although I loved the competitiveness of the Ante system so much, I'm making it a default rule for this round as well:

Votals - Natch. In every voting period after both entries are submitted, every vote is worth FIVE POINTS.

Ante - These are "miniwagers" you can take on if you think you're losing just because of popularity power. For this round, we'll be going back to the First Round's "add a random element" nature of Antes, with the added staple now that both can take the SAME Ante. I liked the result it produced last round that I'm sticking with it now. If two people take the same-difficulty Ante, only one of them will win the points! The scoring remains the same: you take an Ante you have to work with and bet 5/10/15 points. If you fail to achieve it, you'll lose that much. If you succeed, you'll get 10/20/30 points in return! There will still be three categories: Easy/Medium/Hard.

Bonus Wins - In addition to the current objective of the Round, there will be an extra Bonus Win condition that is constant for all the Rounds. Points for this Bonus element will always be constant: TWENTY POINTS.

CNC Benefits - Competitors will get TEN EXTRA POINTS for every battle in this tournament they CNC. They must both vote AND comment why they voted for that person. It could be as simple as just liking some specific thing. CNC Points will not count if the comment is vague or unhelpful and you can only CNC a maximum of THREE times. Moreso, if the cnc is extremely detailed, explaining more than just one thing, the cnc-er will get an EXTRA FIVE POINTS.

Judge's Favor - This time around, there will only be one judge doing the favoring (it will be unanimous). Not only that, but we WILL be judging someone. Meaning, at least 2 of the 4 competitors this round will be getting a blessing from us: TWENTY POINTS

Theme
Every Round will have their own common theme by which all participants should adhere. It could be anything: a special element, a unique win condition, a debilitating or strengthening modifier for either competitor. Anything. For this Round, the theme is called Blow by Blow. Details are as follows:

Quality Over Quantity
For the past two rounds, you guys have been handed brutal requirements that took weeks to prepare for. I mean honestly, the number of words in some of the entries are just ridiculous sometimes. Today, we're going to turn that formula on its head. Instead of spending weeks drumming up the perfectly pitched tale for your fighters, the time limit this time around has been significantly reduced to a mere THREE days. Gasp. What is the meaning of this?! Well simply put, The two paired fighters are going to go at it back and forth until the end of the brawl. Instead of meticulously drafting and editing your work, this round will test your ability to write fast but smart, and to give much needed detail to perhaps some of the more technical aspects of a fight.

Spar of the Century
As soon as the battle thread starts, both opponents will have two weeks to 'spar'. That is, they must take turns posting in an attempt to beat the living shit out of each other. They will have a time limit of THREE days for their 'turn' to post. One post is similar to 10 to 20 seconds in-universe. With the exception of the Starter, their post must consist of 2 things: a) Their reaction to the opponent's action. and b) Their counterblow. This will go on until 2 irl weeks have passed OR a total of SIXTEEN posts have been made (8 on both sides), whichever comes first. By the way, when I mean 'beating the living daylights out of each other' I'm talking about using every one of your abilities to do so. For the past two rounds, your abilities have been held back in some way. Not the case now. This time, the gloves are off. Fight to your fullest!

Setting: The Rubber Room
The Host has pitted both pairs of fighters in what can only be described as "a dirty cell". From here, it is up to you how you're going to describe it as. It can be a padded cell in an abandoned sanitarium, a steel cage hanging over nothing around a live audience, or even an enpty apartment room. The only thing you should be wary about is that there is nothing in the environment to use against your opponent. Yes, ramming them against the walls and floors is allowed. Busting them open and going through them is ok. But you can't use weapons or anything lying around or conditions happening outside the room to affect the battle itself.

Rules of Fight Club
I'm sure the little gears in your head have begun to turn. A sparring match for a semi-finals...surely that holds certain implications:

a) The Golden Rule is that every Action has an Equal or Opposite Reaction. Meaning, if you make or take a move, you have to lose something in return. Realize that we each have fatigue, emotional fallout, psychological fallout, or just good ol' HP. The Room offers no room (lol) to run away and strategize. It's attack or be attacked plain and simple.

b) You CANNOT kill your opponent. In fact, you have no control over his actions. You can only describe what the opponent has already given you. If he says that his lip's busted, you can only use that. Don't say his bones are broken beyond repair. It is okay however to speculate. For those, we judges will decide if it is a proper call.

c) Let's lay down the obvious taboos:
- NO Godmodding (invincibility and invulnerability to the attacks you recieve. Even defending properly can cause fatique somehow.)
- NO Puppeting (as mentioned, you can't control your opponent or manuever them into a position advantageous to you)
- NO OP-Attacks (unstoppable, little-to-no-tradeoff attacks that leave the other guy with little to work with in terms of a counter)
- NO Speeding (getting ahead of yourself and posting a move that obviously took more than 10-20 seconds. So yeah, you can't charge attacks or set traps in advance unless a 'trap' was using a detail your opponent ignored previously)
- NO Ninja-ing (100% evasion an attack. Refer to the Golden Rule. You can evade something, but it cannot be 100% accurate.)

d) Also to the watchers, please don't post until their brawl is over.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
I have a manuever that my opponent should know OOC. Can I telll him in advance before his next post?
- Yes you can. It's necessary. What isn't allowed however, is spending all your time choreographing the entire battle. It's admirable but wastes too much time and doesn't produce results in the longrun. You can also talk in OOC using this tag ---> ##

What exactly will the judges be looking out for?
- Mainly The ff:
a) Realism - Following the Golden Rule, your character should be worn out as it attempts to counter the enemy fighter with everything they've got. A debilitating attack should be met with equally debilitating consequences, for example. A jeer in your direction, should goad your into getting pissed or amused.
b) Detail - Now that the word limit is significantly lessened and limited, we'll be looking at how you describe actions and thoughts in general.
c) Creativity - Natch. We'd very much love to see how you'll react to things not just on a physical level but in the minds of your characters as well.
d) Consistency - Not only must you fight a good fight, but you must also do it while balancing other elements such as potential character development, dialogue, and flair.

If the opponent is only making the attacks, how can I be certain how strong they are to react to them and vice versa?
- Good question. And even moreso, this is why I mentioned that Detail is one of the key elements in this round. Consider the ff attacks from the same guy:

a) He took a step, unsheathed his sword, and drew a cut at his opponent.
b) Harrison spun around, twisting on a dime with only his toes touching the ground. His entire body cringed under one singular force, as his arms flailed and whipped in the direction of his torque. The snapping effect unbuckled his sabre as he gripped it on cue and wasted no energy in making a furious slash towards his opponent's abdomen.

Now which one of the above do you think makes the better impact? If you guessed B then you're smarter than we think. A poster coming at you with a post from option A, could easily be parried by playing it off as a weak attack. With second one however, it is discerably more dangerous and will most definitely hit you where it hurts. The challenge is to recieve and give with equal ferocity in no more than Three Days.

How long can a post be if the timeframe is 10-20 seconds?
- There is no limit. As long as the time frame is implied. If it goes over, then we'll take that into consideration.

What do I do?
1. On the bottom of this post you will find this round's bracket.

2. You must first post here as a sign that you are still alive and active with the following:- Acknowledge your participation by saying who you're fighting agaisnt in this round
- Declare if you are going for the Bonus Condition (see below)
- Also mention the Ante that you wish to take if any (Easy Medium Hard), otherwise just say "No Ante"Until you make the acknowledgement, you can still ask questions for clarification. But until then, I will consider your Rounds to begin as soon as the other guy acknowledges as well.

3. As soon as both have acknowledged, I will be making the threads myself. The losing seed (in this case Chamel and Error) will have the privilege of choosing whether or not they'd like to go first. Then the posting ensues.

4. Both competitors will have 3 Days tops to post their next move. They still actually have to post, but pts will be deducted accordingly after the Round is over for every late entry. This will go on until a total of 16 posts (8 each) have been made, or the deadline of 2.5 weeks has passed.

5. Aaaand that's it. You have until two and a half weeks from now AKA November 2, 2013 to post all your entries. The deadlines for the polls themselves will be a week from whence they are posted.

6. When both entries have finished, I will modify the thread to include a poll, and voting/cnc-ing will happen right then and there for a week.

"Rubber Room Brawl" Bracket for The Semi-Finals:

Kalena vs Chance (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?76690-wRHGT-Semi-Finals-Kalena-(Lobotomizer)-vs-Chance-(Chamel))

Lobotomizer has initiated a Hard Ante: By the end of your battle...Corvon must suffer a fatal demise...from Kalena's hand.
vs
Chamel has initiated a Medium Ante: Everytime you recieve an attack, you must suffer clothing damage as well.

Bl.An.C. vs Walden (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?76691-wRHGT-Semi-Finals-Walden-(TheStrongest)-vs-Bl-An-C-(ErrorBlender))

ErrorBlender has initiated a Medium Ante: In the moments leading to and in your penultimate or final post, create a "twist ending". This ending CANNOT be about the result of the battle itself. For example: the most cliche'd kind of twist ending is that it was all just a dream. I can provide another example if you ask for it but you won't be able to use it anymore.
vs
The Strongest has initiated a Hard Ante: Intersperse every or every other post you make with a Flashback, fleshing out your Character's Past.

Bonus Condition
As rounds go by, each Bonus Condition has been getting incredibly harder. For this Semi-Final Round, only ONE of you will be getting the bonus point. And that is to the one who can write the most realistically portrayed Permanent Injury. Here is the catch however: If you're planning to do this Bonus Condition, regardless of if you acquire these points or not, you MUST carry your Permanent Injury into the Finals. Will you risk it?

Now get ready to rumble!!!

AS BEFORE: If you have any inquiries or clarifications, feel free to ask them in this thread for both the benefit of me and your opponent.

Shadowkirby
09-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Congratz to the final four.

Chamel
09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
If I have to go out, I'm going out with a motherfucking bang (in my sense anyway):

I, your ever-so beloved Chamel, acknowledge Lobotomizer to be my opponent.
I shall be taking a MEDIUM ante, and wish to go for the PERMANENT INJURY bonus condition.

Now one more question directed at Hew-Hew, but for everyone in general: Is it allowed for others to post in the thread while the 'fight' is under way?

Hewitt
09-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah I was going to post aboutthat soon. No. Only both fighters are allowed to speak to each other until it officially ends and the polls are up. Then it's open season. But it's fine to OOC with each other in-thread if you wish.

Lobotomizer
09-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Myself against Chamel.

Hard ante.

Bonus condition.

ErrorBlender
09-17-2013, 12:28 AM
ErrorBlender Versus The Strongest.

I take the Medium Ante and activate the Bonus Condition.

The Strongest
09-17-2013, 09:51 AM
The Strongest v. ErrorBlender

Hard Ante

Bonus is live.

Chamel
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Okay cool! Oh, one more question. Are we allowed to ask our competitor if we can puppet their warrior for a single post? Or is it a no in general? (IE: describing a parry followed by a thrust that wasn't previously stated by the opponent)

The Strongest
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
You're asking if you can put moves into another character that weren't described previously?

Chamel
09-17-2013, 06:04 PM
I guess that was worded wrong... Nevermind.. disregard that question

BirtDog
09-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Ok...you guys get all the fun xD

I'm running through a fight like this with Dominic in my head and I cannot for the life of me think of a way to win. With his sleeves he'd parry a few attacks in the beginning, towards the end he'd go batshit crazy and either concous himself or slaughter the opponentunfairly. This whole thing sounds like an AMAZING setup, and I think that if I was forced into it, I would lose...badly xD

Also: OOC?

Hewitt
09-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Some of you are probably wondering why I had to ask you to acknowledge the use of the Bonus Condition. This is to assure you're all now contractually obligated to produce it. You cannot say later on that you "do not consider X as a Permanent Injury therefore I am fine in the Finals". Whatever scars your character gains from here on out is carryover, permanent or not with the exception of fatigue (you get a moment's repreive between matches).

Anyways, here are the Antes:

Lobotomizer - Hard: By the end of your battle...Corvon must suffer a fatal demise...from Kalena's hand.
Chamel - Medium: Everytime you recieve an attack, you must suffer clothing damage as well.

ErrorBlender - Medium: In the moments leading to and in your penultimate or final post, create a "twist ending". This ending CANNOT be about the result of the battle itself. For example: the most cliche'd kind of twist ending is that it was all just a dream. I can provide another example if you ask for it but you won't be able to use it anymore.
TheStrongest - Hard: Intersperse every or every other post you make with a Flashback, fleshing out your Character's Past.

I'll set up the threads later and edit this post or the semi-final post accordingly. Kinda busy right now with stuffs.

Chamel
09-18-2013, 09:08 PM
I... I don't know what to say about my ante...

Hewitt
09-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Let me clarify, by 'lose' I mean tatter. So you dont have to lose your whole shirt. It could just be ripped in half or sliced up or something. Reclarified it in my previous post.

Nikx232
09-18-2013, 09:13 PM
lol I immediately thought of some situation of your character getting raped xD
DATE RAPE DATE RAPE!!!

Edit: Reread the post, well...fighting naked is cool too~!
You actually have a very good ante, play with it responsibly and beat her with your manliness~!

BirtDog
09-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Nice bonuses...but what's with Lobo having to actually LOSE (at least that's what I read) Corvon for good? Isn't that like rewriting her character entirely, having such a loss as that, while the other Hard ante is just like...a character reveal?

Does he have to kill Corvon or can he temporarily die or seem dead, so she goes through the same pains and struggles thinking it's real, without Lobo having to change his entire character page/setup?

I'm not trying to challenge you Hewitt, but it seems odd to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. And even if I'm not I suppose it's up to Lobo in the end.

The Strongest
09-19-2013, 12:26 AM
It's a battle between new life and death!

EDIT In theory, it does give Lobo an "easy" way of fulfilling the Bonus Condition. Though I'm sure that's not the point.

EDIT2: Am I also still bound to the 1-5 paragraphs, with this flash-back ante?

BirtDog
09-19-2013, 01:13 AM
No. the limit of written material accepted is 1-5 paragraphs

EDIT: written material PER message/post/your turn to fight

The Strongest
09-19-2013, 02:18 AM
But Hewitt said (before the rollback) that dialog could be excused from such (presumably so long as the overall action still takes place in 10-20 seconds).

ErrorBlender
09-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Twisty twisty twisty. I'll see what I can do with this condition. :D

BirtDog
09-19-2013, 11:06 AM
But Hewitt said (before the rollback) that dialog could be excused from such (presumably so long as the overall action still takes place in 10-20 seconds).

Ohh...well I did not read the one before the rollback. But just off of this one alone, that's where I got my reasoning from.

acutelatios
09-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it seems that due to complications that the tournament will not continue...

Nah just joking, however the battle threads' appearance will be delayed for a bit with Hewitt feeling a little under the weather thanks to an ulcer attack. Please wait patiently for them dearies, they'll be posted soon enough~

o w o

Chamel
09-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Aww... Poor Hewwy....
I hope he gets better soon :/

BirtDog
09-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Huh....so my [potato] doll worked....kind of...was aiming for Nikx, but I was also thinking of Hewitt and how awesome he was at the time. I think the curse was crossed somewhere. Woopsie!

By the way, how can I get a GIF or moving picture in my avatar/profile pic thing? The red robot (FLCL) is actually a still of a GIF

Nikx232
09-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Awwww get better Hew~!

@Birt: Huh...so that's why I've been feeling strangely awesome lately....HEY what Voodoo???

BirtDog
09-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Awwww get better Hew~!

@Birt: Huh...so that's why I've been feeling strangely awesome lately....HEY what Voodoo???

Voodoo? Who said Voodoo? I said potato.

Hewitt
09-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Just popping in to say I'm recovering from my ulcer. I really cant move and have been in bed all weekend. But I should be back on track tommorow. apologies for the delay.

stickpro357
09-22-2013, 02:56 PM
i wish i should of made my RHG character when i 1st made my account when did the tournament start?:confused:

acutelatios
09-22-2013, 03:03 PM
The tourney started three months ago deary~also I think you mean WRHG stickpro; we're all writers here and not animators hahaha~

o w o

Crank
09-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Very early July/Very Late August

Are you aware this is for written gladiators though?

EDIT:
Heh, guess acute types faster than I do!

Hewitt
09-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Okay guys, sorry for the delay. I've posted the Battle threads, go check'em out and post!

I've made 2 changes since then:
1) There is no longer a paragraph limit per post. We'll just be looking out for whether or not the time frame of 10-20 seconds is observed.

and

2) When I posted Loboto's Ante it was vastly incomplete. His Ante must concern Corvon's fatal demise....from Kalena's own hands.

The Strongest
09-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Are flash-backs a free-action?

Hewitt
09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes. Just kindly make a distinction if they are happening though, to prevent confusion.

The Strongest
09-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Will do. Bold-italicized is enough, you think?

Also, just realized, I have no idea what ff is.

Hewitt
09-24-2013, 09:32 PM
lol ff means "The Following:" XD

Oh yeah, this being the Discussion thread for teh tournament itself, I'd just like to repoint out that the losers of Round 2 will not be given passage to the Loser's Bracket. They're out fer good.

The Strongest
09-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Chamel and Lobo are going at it and I'm still working on my first response.

Sorry, ErrorBlender! I promise that I *am* working, but I'm also studying for an exam, and that's a time-eater.

EDIT: Damn. Lost my response to post 3. It's just gone. What's procedure, now?

Hewitt
10-09-2013, 07:40 PM
EDIT: Damn. Lost my response to post 3. It's just gone. What's procedure, now?

It's fine. The site revamp and retcon was unexpected so I'm going to extend this. In the meantime, try and get your post back in order. No pressure. That goes for the rest of you. An extension is forthcoming and I will announce it sometime soon. For now, just keep doing what you're doing.

The Strongest
10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Roger, wilco. Redoing.

EDIT: So, rather than doing the above, I've been studying like crazy for an exam coming up. It's on Monday, so I'll either be sleeping gratefully because the thing's done then, or I'll be finishing my response, then.

Hewitt
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Roger, wilco. Redoing.

EDIT: So, rather than doing the above, I've been studying like crazy for an exam coming up. It's on Monday, so I'll either be sleeping gratefully because the thing's done then, or I'll be finishing my response, then.

It's been quite awhiles since monday. Are you still around?

The Strongest
10-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Yeah, still around. Turns out sleeping gratefully happened. And I've been studying for a German test since. I am, however, just coming off of studying for said German test, and am attempting to write right now.

EDIT: Can I just say, I wrote that bloody forest scene three different times. I don't feel like doing it again. Different flashback!

Hewitt
10-22-2013, 09:01 PM
It's alright Strongest. I understand. We're in no hurry as long as you're not dead. Tend to your studies first and as I'm sure Error will understand if we extend your rounds a bit.

The Strongest
10-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh. Crap. I just dropped my ante. Whoops.

EDIT: Well, just being relative. I totally just read Error's bold number and thought "Oh, still an even post. Don't need the flashback." Kind of a relief, a little bit. If I lose, I can put all my writing into NaNoWriMo, haha.

Hewitt
10-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey as long as you write to finish, it doesn't matter :D Maybe the votes will still sway to you.

ErrorBlender
10-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Yeah, no rush The Strongest. We're all here to write and push ahead limits :D

The Strongest
10-26-2013, 03:13 PM
...Is our round finished, now? I have no idea. Weeks are weird.

ErrorBlender
10-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Not yet, I will post my part today. Sorry for the delay.

The Strongest
10-27-2013, 11:19 PM
I've been constructing a new gladiator for a bit of time during this tournament, and I'm wondering what would happen if I were to switch gladiators at this point. I don't plan on it, but I'm wondering, since it seems edits can occur whenever.

ErrorBlender
10-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Not during the tournament, it would be weird for, say Walden to win, and the one that would go against the other winner would be someone different. Maybe after the tourney?

Hewitt
10-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Take your time guys, as long as you have a pulse it is fine.

The requirements for the Finals both in teh Loser's Bracket and this one are ready and on its way so there'll be little to no delay once this round is over.

The Strongest
10-29-2013, 11:33 AM
What if this round just never ends, and we die, trapped. Writing forever, slowly killing our characters more and more, until the end of time?

EDIT: What if I wrote using proper punctuation type things.

Hewitt
11-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Hey guys I know you guys are still going, just keep at it. I've just been IRL busy lately. It'll clear up a bit after tommorow so give me till then to make new announcements and shizz.

ErrorBlender
11-03-2013, 06:44 AM
The round ends, The Strongest. We have a post limit of 8. We are near it. :D

Don't worry Hewitt. The tourney gears still move.

Hewitt
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
That's nice to know. I understand the circumstances behind your battle and TheStrongest being quite the busybee so I'm allowing your bout to go on a bit longer (at the very least until the end of this week). Loboto/Chamel's thread has run its course though and is now up with polls so be sure to head on down there and cast your marks and cncs.

Shortcut Link here: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?76690-wRHGT-Semi-Finals-Kalena-%28Lobotomizer%29-vs-Chance-%28Chamel%29-POLL-IS-UP!

Also, it would do everyone a solid if they could pop in Crank and Boomer's exhibition special over at the Loser's Bracket which I'm afraid I might have to retire soon: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?77025-wRHGTLB-Crank-vs-BoomerangReturns-(Exhibition-Match)

The Finals' Theme has already been decided in advance during this Semi-Final period so transition shouldn't be too long this time around. Let's just all hang in there and let this tournament reach its climactic conclusion.

Till then.

The Strongest
11-04-2013, 09:31 PM
So, then, are you suuuuuuure that "He died." can't count as a permanent injury? Because I feel relatively confident that "Him dead." is going to, soon, become an appropriate statement regarding Walden, haha.

Hewitt
11-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I can accept "He Died". But you need to be specific about the injuries that caused it. I can see the character being revived but it shouldnt revive 100%. It should "come back wrong"

The Strongest
11-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Goodie! I get to kill Walden, then!

EDIT: Serious question time, ErrorBlender: What exactly were you planning for beyond this set of post? Or was that set the end?

EDIT2: CONGRATULATIONS WHOEVER WINS BETWEEN CHAMEL AND LOBOTOMIZER. YOU GET TO FIGHT A CORPSE.

ErrorBlender
11-07-2013, 06:21 PM
I plan to give enough reflection time for Walden and his memories. :D

I had my twist, the best twist I could think of and I wanted to help you end the game with your ante.

It is possible for either of our characters to survive. Very much possible.

The Strongest
11-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Are you so sure of that? Walden's pretty dead, I think. I already botched my ante, and besides, dead men tell no tales. I'm going to be writing Walden being dead.

EDIT: Which is, like, what I'd wanted to do from the start, so that's cool.

ErrorBlender
11-07-2013, 07:07 PM
So...what if you win? Who will they fight? xD

Xate
11-07-2013, 08:55 PM
ZOMBIE! Werewolf ZOMBIE! :D OR Ghost Werewolves! EVEN BETTER! >: D

The Strongest
11-08-2013, 12:42 AM
No way am I winning without the ante. And in the unlikely event that I do win:

A corpse.

My permanent injury is being dead, after all.

ErrorBlender
11-08-2013, 12:49 AM
The match said we can't die. O_o. Its a spar.

But we took it a little too far.

GuardianTempest
11-08-2013, 12:49 AM
I can imagine it now:

Walden: "..."
Kalena: "I must beat up this corpse for 15 minutes!"
*stab stab stabbity stab on a limp cadaver*

Are the polls up yet?

ErrorBlender
11-08-2013, 12:50 AM
The Strongest has yet to post his final one.

The Strongest
11-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Ja, ja. Still need to write the aftermath of, you know, massive bursting of energy things.

EDIT: Last page, I have definite permission things that "He died." is an acceptable thing.

EDIT2: Primary Play-By-Post battle strategy is apparently "Grossly overestimate the damage of anything."

Hewitt
11-08-2013, 01:00 AM
I agreed to the death only under the condition that a revive is possible, and with that revive bear the "permanent injury" so to speak. The death itself cannot be the perma-injury, but its implications.

Make your final post wisely.

The Strongest
11-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Ah, this is an unfortunate thing. I am currently in the process of making Walden dust. Oh well, what's a spirit-hunter without supernatural intervention?

Hewitt
11-08-2013, 01:12 AM
There is such a thing as canon, ya know?

This fight doesn't have to be canon. That or I can always whip out a deus ex retcon. I mean really, Error's not complaining. I'm just trying to help achieve the conditions of this round. :D

Btw, Error, whats your opinion on all this

The Strongest
11-08-2013, 01:17 AM
It's not a question of whether or not it's canon. It's a question of where it fits in, for me. I have never written anything non-canon...because I probably don't think I can do it and be happy with it. I was really looking forward to the possibility of writing a "battle" using a corpse, too, lol. No, it's fine. I can start teasing for Walden's successor, now, at least.

EDIT: Correction. Here, anyways, I've been treating things similar to ErrorBlender. The win of the round is what happened. The losing story is moot.

ErrorBlender
11-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Everything is canon for me @_@ Battles won are what becomes canon for Bl.An.C. be it my opponent or mine...

In any case, I'm fine with it. We suddenly survive for some reason. At least that way, whoever wins in the other semis won't fight a dust mite or dead clunk of armor.

The Strongest
11-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Alright. I sort of killed Walden. Then I unkilled him. Permanent injuries: An arm, a leg, and a nice portion of face. Pretty sure that his weapons are gone, too.

Hewitt
11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey guys, would just like to thank ya'll for sticking with this semi-final till the end. We're almost just about ready to wrap this tournament up! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to close down the Loser's bracket because of unforseen consequences. But that shouldn't deter us from our goal, for after this week (and a couple of days give or take) 2 of you will be advancing to the finals. It's so nice to see both threads are getting some cnc despite just being a few of us. As long as we have readers we'll always have stories.

If you have any comments or questions, just feel free to drop them here. I'd like to get some feedback going in case we might set some events in the future. Was this play-by-post style alright? Did you find it more enjoyable than our traditional bouts? Do you want to make it a viable regular option for future battles? How has the tournament been so far? Would love to hear from you all, even the non-participants and the remnants of the fledgling Loser's Bracket.

The Strongest
11-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I've got to say that play-by-post is my least favorite method of writing. You probably noticed a drop in the general quality of my writing as time went on, and I think it's just because I have difficulty maintaining my interest level throughout a play-by-post session. I definitely prefer the usual bout-style (it's why I came to give this place a shot to begin with), though I'm open to alternatives within that context.

I'm not sure that I want to support it being a more viable option for future battles, as I can't see play-by-post serving as an option. It, to me, is a style that either is or is not adhered to, and the difference between it and another style is too great to have it coexisting. I have enjoyed the tournament, thus far. There are a lot of reads that I look forward to going back and perusing through again thanks to it. I enjoyed participating as far as I have, thus far, and I feel invested in going further. I'd like to think that the work that has been put into it has been getting paid back in full.

ErrorBlender
11-13-2013, 11:59 AM
The play-by-post seems like a good idea if the battle were to be waged quickly. A sort of speed writing battle that would only go for a few days. Then after those few days, voting would begin. There would also be a post limit, I suppose?

The problem with play-by-post is that the writer's attention may go elsewhere while waiting for a reply.

The Strongest
11-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Having read two CnCs, now, that reference the ante, I feel something akin to concern that these stories are not existing in a vacuum. The ante component's aren't being read as "Look, here's an unexpected element that adds an unexpected angle/aspect to the piece.", but instead as a component to the overall piece that is actually expected. A sort of metagame that I disagree with. It cheapens a piece of the overall work, and consequently it cheapens the work as a whole. If the ante being fulfilled or not is already having an effect on the overall scores, I don't think that the voters should be including such in their decision-process. Thus, I would think that PMing the antes to their recipients could be a suggestion worth considering.

Also, I'm going to preemptively congratulate you, ErrorBlender, on your win and progression to the finals. You have, I am sure, bested me, and I look forward to your entry in the final round. I am also hoping that you get a shot at taking the Host down a few notches. Ideally with some form of heavy-ordinance.

ErrorBlender
11-13-2013, 05:16 PM
I agree with that ante's should be kept hidden from the public. Antes should be the secret spice and not the most visible ingredient. The big reveal of the secret ingredient would keep people there as well.

Congratulate? It has only been 3 days[right? Or has my internal clock gotten weird on me again...] since the poll was placed up. 4 days are left. BoomerangReturns, GamerXD8, and others have yet to vote :)

But yes, if I ever do win, I will take down the host and drown him in missiles.

The Strongest
11-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure how long it has been. I see the score as it is, and the score seems very much in your favor. I do not expect an unexpected upset.

ErrorBlender
11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
I see. It has been very nice to do battle with you, The Strongest :D Walden was indeed a challenge. I will do my best not to disappoint you in the finals.

blakphoenix
11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
I disagree. I feel that having the antes displayed in the open add to the levels of CnC possible for an overall piece. It allows the readers to expect more out of a piece than just a cool fight. If antes aren't displayed then what's the point of having them, or any sort of battle prerequisites for that matter such as story or setting. I feel it simply adds an extra obstacle/layer for the writer and reader to enjoy. It adds to the challenge of writing a battle. Anyone can write some unbound piece of fantasy, a good writer knows how to make a caged bird sing....Maya Angelou anyone?...maybe it wasn't used well...my point remains. If you can write well under a condition, then you can write marvelously without them.

The Strongest
11-13-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't follow your logic at all. As it is, the ante already poses an obstacle for the reader. The only difference is whether or not the reader knows there is an obstacle that they have to get over. As a result, hiding the ante adds more to the necessary skill of the writer, since they are expected to make their piece flow as a literary work should while simultaneously meeting these conditions. It fits in, still, with their voluntary nature, and it adds an additional level of challenge for the writer. Whereas before, some awkwardness might have been excusable in the name of completing their ante, if their ante is known only to them and to the judges they must make their piece better in order to make the ante seem as if it were an organic element already in, rather than a piece hammered into the work.

I don't believe that voters should be commenting as if they were judges, stating whether or not they felt the piece fulfilled the ante's requirements. Having CnC along the lines of "I don't think that the conditions for your ante were met, and this took away from the piece as a whole." contributes anything to improving the writing of the one receiving such a comment. If encourages writing according to a formula, rather, which I imagine is among the last things that we want to see happen here. Writing done as if they were lego-blocks being put together, such that we knew every piece already and the only difference was the order of the pieces.

Your statement suggests that hiding the ante removes the ante completely. To go off your analogy, a better writer, still, could make a caged bird sing without the viewer realizing there was even a cage to begin with. And they would marvel at how the writer not only got this bird, here, singing, but also got said bird to remain in one spot for the whole duration of its song, and then some.

Prerequisites not being displayed take away from the expectation of the reader, they do not affect what is actually written. If hidden elements were only judged by the judges, that would make me feel quite content with them, and I think you would, too. The voters should be voting on the piece itself, not on the mechanics behind it. While there are somethings, perhaps, that voters should be in on (like the setting of a fight or the overarching theme of the battle), I do not believe that the antes, which are each personal to the writer and to the writer alone, should be included in such a list.

If there are to be expectations placed onto a piece, I want those expectations to be the same for each piece.

GuardianTempest
11-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Well I for one like the antes but if your suggestion is implemented, I'm fine with it as long as I get to know what they are in the very end.

blakphoenix
11-13-2013, 10:12 PM
damn...that's some sound logic. I'll go with whatever.

The Strongest
11-14-2013, 01:35 AM
I like the antes, too. And I in no way wish to see them gone, I just wish not to see them until after voting's finished.

ErrorBlender
11-17-2013, 03:14 AM
Hey guys, keep voting and CnC please in the tourneys :)

Hewitt
11-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Alright I've taken your thoughts into consideration. Addressing them one by one:

1) Lol I honestly haven't participated in a PBP duel in ages so I actually thought my limit was going to be a short one. I'll be sure to use it sparingly from now on if at all, if PBP's defiance is actually what led some of you here. And if anything, I will shorten the length and add some other conditions to make the harrowing experience more enjoyable. Although I will say that the fact that it's the semi-finals means that the rounds would only get harder and harder. I chose PBP for this semi-final round's theme because I feel that it's actually harder to react to someone else's post even with all the OOC in the world. But I do agree that it dragged for way too long.

2) As for the issue of Ante's, I believe that the problem is more of misinformation than the mechanic itself. I can hide it, yes. But maybe I should have also let the voters and the players know that Ante's aren't suppose to be the base for judgement. Maybe they just got used to it in the previous rounds and so the sudden introduction of this mechanic that is absent in normal wRHG battles just made them become more of a focus. I will take your suggestion to hide them into consideration but imo if I hide them it would distort the true reason I had them out in the open in the first place.\

Anyways, I'm just giving you guys time to rest up. I'll tally the scores when I'm less busy for completion's sake then we can begin the Finals which as I mentioned has long since been complete in terms of theme. I hope you guys will be surprised by what will come.

Also, in the future, I've been thinking of organizing a writing comp that's not necessarily wRHG-related. It'll be in the OLit section and it'll give us a chance to strut our stuff in other ways. I will be initiating a word limit or about 2000 (at least) so that entrants will actually submit something instead of wondering if their piece will be long enough.

Hewitt
11-24-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm just a little busy today, but I'm planning to debrief the semi-finals tommorow or the day after if I really can't do it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hewitt
11-27-2013, 07:55 PM
It's been awhile and I apologize. Real life has picked up for me significantly so I really hope I can get the ball rolling on the finals so I can disappear much more naturally with this tournament picking up without a hitch. I'd like to say that I really really loved this round, even though it dragged on for a bit. I'll take note of what was said about it and be sure to improve on it next time. The battles were good and I appreciate the fact that everyone recieved more than 3 votes each, which really shows that the lot of you care for each other's pieces win or lose. The semi-finals certainly took awhile but in the end, 2 champions stand strong. Let's end this properly now with the scores:

Participant
Votes
Ante Bonus
CNC Bonus
TOTAL

ErrorBlender
-

TheStrongest

Chamel
-

Lobotomizer
-

The fellas in green have won it!

Anyways, let's tally the tournament scores from the previous round (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?74702-wRHG-Tournament-Round-TWO-Lost-and-Found-(SCORES-ARE-UP!!!)&p=1081595&viewfull=1#post1081595) to see the new winning odds:

1st Lobotomizer - 285 PTS

2nd ErrorBlender - 270 PTS

3rd The Strongest - 245 PTS

Chamel - 205
blakphoenix - 160
Birtdog (proxying for thesaint) - 150
The Organisation - 120

Chamel may have been the black sheep entry because of Round 2's mishaps with TheOrg, but he has certainly proven himself and dareisay surpassed a few expectations. Let's give him a big hand for sticking with it till the end.

I hereby declare the wRHG Tournament Semi-Finals OVER!

The finals will take place, RIGHT NOW. That's right. Far be it for me to delay things further, this is it right here:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: the Proteus Project."

Amidst the hustle and bustle of aristocrats, corrupt politicians, and serial killer maniacs stood their Magnificent Host. He furrowed his brow and adjusted his glasses to the light as his lab coat fluttered in the wind. Their cruise destination wasn't going to be reached within the next two hours, much to the consternation of many. But he dare not unease the air further with suppositions and conjecture. Tonight was a great night for science! The time and resources spent kidnapping the finest fighters of this generation, and riling them up for this giant moment would have gone to waste if he didn't at least try to put on a show. Besides, he's always had this flair for the dramatic and what better way to make a dazzling entrance into the world of illegal arms trading than to showcase his finest creations.

"Tonight's entertainment of course, will be of a different sort..." his toungue intentionally slipped, to fake anticipation. "USER'S CHOICE!"

Immediately the crowd went wild. Maniacal laughter emanated from the lot, as they raised their fists into the air and each one began to spill their sickest fantasies and fetishes. This of course drew the attention of the Fabulous Host who responded with nothing less than a scoff.

"Yes." he muttered. "I believe we have our Setting."

With the push of a button, the central podium began to rise and machinery from beneath the ship's depth began to whirr...

wRHG Tournament Finals
ErrorBlender vs Lobotomizer

Scoring (New)
For the first time since never, the scoring system will change. It will now be more simplified:

Votals - This is the only mechanic that remains unchanged. The bread and butter of this tournament: votes are still worth FIVE points each.

Ante - No more wagers. No more challenges. No more extra bells and whistles. For this Final Round there is only ONE Ante: Do not lose your Permanent Injury. That is, whatever damage you incurred in the previous round, you must still retain here. If your previous Permanent Injury was certainly fatal, it is brought back to the brink of it where everything is critical. You fail this condition and you lose 30 points. You don't, and you gain nothing.

And that's it! Onto the meat of the proposal:

Theme
In the duration that the semi-finals were taking place, I was going around PM-ing everyone else to submit something...a locale. That is, where the Finals will take place. That's right: The Finals for this tournament will be User's Choice. I asked people where they want to see you guys battle in in the end, and five people were creative enough to come up with some diverse settings for you both (sorry Crank, I received your entry too late and it probably got lost in the hack so I won't be including yours :( ). Let's go to our fellow entries shall we:A) A complex filled with doors of all shapes and sizes, each leading into a potentially dangerous spot such as the maw of a huge creature or the crater of an active volcano. Both fighters will have to open a certain number of doors each, in order to get the door that will take them home. To do this, they must catch a flying key that zips around like a Quidditch Snitch. It takes 1 key to open 1 door, and opening 3 doors will reveal the home dimension door.

Once a door is opened, it'll have the power to suck anyone within range to the dimension it is housing. The dimension from within will always have an exit door, usually located at the point of imminent demise for that location, ensuring one will always have a great chance to return to the Fortress. The one who never gets to return to his/her dimension will be stuck in the complex for eternity with all the doors disappearing along with the winner.

B) Basically, a land where everything is made of candy. The land itself is reminiscent of a modern day metropolis, but every object is the subject of a sweet tooth: lamp posts, streets, birds, benches, buildings, etc. One unique twist would be that even the competitor's gear will be made of candy, down to their weapons and partial clothing if applicable without doing harm to their person. For example, Chamel's blood manipulation will turn into chocolate fudge manipulation.

C) A towering crumbling aging cathedral located in a dreadfully haunted locale. It is cursed with a diesease that imbues slow but gradual hallucinatory madness to whomever walks within its walls. Past inhabitants have been known to kill themselves or their friends out of fear and their souls seemingly linger around the darkest corners. If not them, then something else. Typical of a haunted locale, the place is deserted but whispering echoes the halls, candles and torches being the only source of light are strewn around the monastery flickering endlessly without ever going out. The lot itself is very huge: the size of a stadium, with spires that pierce the heavens and at the very center of it lies an altar with 40 aisles, magnificent paintings of angels on ceilings. It also has a courtyard, and a vast cemetary.

D) The finals would begin as a surprise: A weekend getaway to a tropical beach island paradise where the players are lulled into a false sense of security. They will be barred from bringing their weapons with them (however nothing will stop them from smuggling things on board the flight). At first nothing will happen on the first day, which will contain people from everyone who has ever participated in the tournament, but then the Host makes himself known and on the 2nd Day, nature rears its ugly head. A nearby volcano erupts, A lightning storm approaches, and a huge tsunami makes its way to gobble up the island. Basically, every natural disaster imaginable is due to arrive at the Island with the Host's intent that none of the participants survive. To officially win this thing, the fighter would have to getaway from the island through any means necessary, but while at the same time defeating his designated opponent.

E) Both fighters are tossed into or have fallen into a seemingly bottomless pit and for the rest of the battle, will be freefalling to their doom. Their only solace is an overhang located miles and miles near the bottom, sticking on the side of whatever it is they are falling into, enough for one person to grab onto and stand on. The platform is not very strong in that if both competitors managed to snag on it, the branch will break off and they'll definitely fall. Flying abilities are also nullified here because of the Cosmic Vaccuum that's literally sucking the 2 fighters in. Regardless, being able to see the overhang is a great advantage as one would be able to position oneself in reference to his/her opponent.

I then proceeded to ask everyone else (including those who weren't able to nominate in time) to rank their favorite locales from highest to lowest. Supposedly, the highest ranking locale will be the setting for this Final Round and the 2nd setting was going to set the stage for the Loser's Bracket Finals. But since the latter is now out of the question, I will be imparting the Freedom of Choice for both ErrorBlender and Lobotomizer. Amongst these five they must ruminate on which of the TOP TWO settings they wish to battle in. Discuss it here if you wish, but your choices must be unanimous. Now without further adew here are the results of that poll:

1st - Cosmic Abyss (by Wyrmspawn) = 32 pts.

2nd - Monastery of Merriah (by Shadowkirby) = 31 pts.

3rd - Fortress of Doors (by blakphoenix) = 27 Pts.

4th - Island Paradise Gone Wrong (by TheOrganisation) = 23 pts.

5th - Literal Candyland (by BoomerangReturns) = 22 pts.

***In addition to those mentioned above, extra thanks to acutelatios, Crank, merich1, and Tantalum for helping out by ranking the above entries.

The Abyss and the Monastery have won it! Make your choice now Lobotomizer and ErrorBlender. Choose wisely.

When you have made your unanimous choice and visibly agreed on it, kindly post to acknowledge that locale and begin your writing. The deadline for this will be on THE FIRST WEEKEND OF NEXT YEAR (2014). Once both entries are here, I will make the battle thread and the voting will end it all!

Now get ready to rumble!!!

AS BEFORE: If you have any inquiries or clarifications, feel free to ask them in this thread for both the benefit of me and your opponent.

ErrorBlender
11-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Hmm, I'd go for the Cosmic Abyss. Its a unique battleground I'd like to explore.

If we do go for Wyrmspawn's idea, would the walls of the pit be earth? Something Kalena would be able to manipulate using her sword? And since flying isn't an option, would Bl.An.C.'s wingpack be used to maneuver his fall, like rushing forward faster at Kalena or plummeting down quicker by aiding the unknown force pulling them down?

Shadowkirby
11-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Man, my idea is just 1 point behind Wyrmspawn's! >o<

Well, choose whatever you like, guys. It's the final round, so let it all out!

Hewitt
11-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Would the walls of the pit be earth? Something Kalena would be able to manipulate using her sword?
Yes. The pit's walls are made of earth so they can be manipulated by Kalena. Kalena's Earthen power afaik is a one-time thing anyway so it isn't as OP as expected. Perhaps this is also something you two can consider as what is 'fair'.

Would Bl.An.C.'s wingpack be used to maneuver his fall, like rushing forward faster at Kalena or plummeting down quicker by aiding the unknown force pulling them down?
It is possible yes. What is not possible however is flying upwards or slowing one's fall. Here is an excerpt of Wyrmspawn's when he pitched the idea as a nomination:

Any flight-based powers are not available for this fight; the reason is that, even the air at the edge of the world is sucked downwards, so fast that even hovering, much less upwards flight, is almost impossible.

***In case yer wondering, all the descriptions above are simply paraphrases of their original ideas. I did it so that no ranker could favor one user's choice if they knew who nominated it.

ErrorBlender
11-27-2013, 11:24 PM
How big is the diameter of the pit? Or is it our call?

Anyways, I keep asking questions of the Cosmic Abyss when Lobotomizer hasn't picked. I shall wait.

Hewitt
11-27-2013, 11:35 PM
The diameter is for you both to decide. It could be one thing in your version, it could be another in his. But bare minimum it has to fit both of you without squeezing you both.

ErrorBlender
11-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Should we declare our permanent injury? For the sake of each other knowing the extent of each gladiator's weak points?

Hewitt
11-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Capital idea! yes, you both should do that for the sake of clarity

ErrorBlender
11-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Bl.An.C. Permanent injury
-Inability to claim weapons that materialize on his arms.
-Armor is weakened from the massive explosions and Walden's fury.
-His system will malfunction from time to time but not extensively. Just a few seconds and will not happen very often.

The Strongest
11-28-2013, 01:02 AM
The tournament was Hostel all along?

...is Hostel even the right comparison? No clue! Good luck, worthy competitors!

GuardianTempest
11-28-2013, 01:06 AM

...is Hostel even the right comparison? No clue! Good luck, worthy competitors!I think it's a combination of Cube, The Matrix and...uh...Hunger Games?

Anyways, I am hyped as usual but I think Loboto-lobster has this in the bag, unless ErrorSlender pulls a sleeper hit.

Hewitt
11-28-2013, 02:14 AM

the better question is: should a loosely connected plot centered about fighting for no reason, deserve a story as old as time

Lobotomizer
11-28-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm leaning toward The Monastery of Merriah for a more vanilla battlefield. Cosmic Abyss feels iffy, and I'm not really sure how any one character can get onto the ledge while freefalling at terminal velocity without splatting themselves, or how the characters can fight without a means of horizontal movement.

(Not to mention if the walls are of earth, Kalena could conceivably force in a pillar to stand on.)

ErrorBlender
11-28-2013, 04:59 AM
That's true.

So shall we agree on the Monastery then?

Lobotomizer
11-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Yes, if you don't mind.

ErrorBlender
11-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Then monastery we go. Can you say Kalena's Permanent Injury?

Wyrmspawn
11-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm leaning toward The Monastery of Merriah for a more vanilla battlefield. Cosmic Abyss feels iffy, and I'm not really sure how any one character can get onto the ledge while freefalling at terminal velocity without splatting themselves, or how the characters can fight without a means of horizontal movement.

(Not to mention if the walls are of earth, Kalena could conceivably force in a pillar to stand on.)

Actually, in the suggestion of mine, the wRHGs had fallen off not into a pit, but some sort of... Well, cosmic abyss (sorry to borrow your term, Hewitt, but you nailed it down better than I did).

Cosmic Abyss, as in an endless falling into an infinity. There might not even be earthen walls, since this isn't a pit,but rather an infinitely long abyss they're falling into.

If it helps, try to envision some middle age flat earth theorist's idea of the end of the world; the walls might be of rock, of water, of nothing but air, even.

Also, if you'll notice... Even if you gain the overhang, you're no better than having not gained it. You've fallen for goodness knows how long a distance, and it could take you several lifetimes to get back up to where you were. In short; if you get onto the overhang, you're condemned to a slow, slow death of dehydration, starvation, or in the case of androids, lack of a power source.

Lobotomizer
11-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Then monastery we go. Can you say Kalena's Permanent Injury?

Chopped off left arm. (Sort of mild compared to yours, isn't it?)

That would remind me, Hewitt is it possible if I reattach said arm while retaining its uselessness and achieve the injury requirement? Or is that a no-no?

ErrorBlender
11-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Chopped off left arm. (Sort of mild compared to yours, isn't it?)

That would remind me, Hewitt is it possible if I reattach said arm while retaining its uselessness and achieve the injury requirement? Or is that a no-no?

Bl.An.C.'s combat ability is halved since most of his weapons require his arms fully functional. I'd say that it would still be within the injury requirement, a severed arm is an injury. Albeit a very severe one.

The Strongest
11-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Did you both just try to downplay your own injuries in favor of the other's?

Hewitt
11-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Actually, in the suggestion of mine, the wRHGs had fallen off not into a pit, but some sort of... Well, cosmic abyss (sorry to borrow your term, Hewitt, but you nailed it down better than I did).

Cosmic Abyss, as in an endless falling into an infinity. There might not even be earthen walls, since this isn't a pit,but rather an infinitely long abyss they're falling into.

If it helps, try to envision some middle age flat earth theorist's idea of the end of the world; the walls might be of rock, of water, of nothing but air, even.

Also, if you'll notice... Even if you gain the overhang, you're no better than having not gained it. You've fallen for goodness knows how long a distance, and it could take you several lifetimes to get back up to where you were. In short; if you get onto the overhang, you're condemned to a slow, slow death of dehydration, starvation, or in the case of androids, lack of a power source.

Yeah I think you've explained it better than I could interpret it. You started by telling me about how it was a "hole to tartarus" and so I envisioned it as some kind of earthen pit. But yeah it could be anything.

Lobotomizer, if it makes you feel better, the walls of the pit don't have to be earthen. If that is your only point of contention, then we will gladly omit it from official record in favor of "unknown nigh-ethereal substance"

ErrorBlender
11-29-2013, 04:40 AM
If this would be the case, then Kalena's earthen control would be near useless. It would give her a disadvantage other than her already severed arm.

Lobotomizer, is Corvon still with Kalena? Or is he with the Host since he was fatally injured?

Hewitt
11-29-2013, 05:04 AM
oh yeah guys don't sweat about the deadline. i'll move it accordingly when all's said and done.

Lobotomizer
11-29-2013, 07:24 AM
@Hewitt

I've made more than the point about the walls. I believe it's decided that the monastery would be a better choice.

@Error

He's 'dead', so Kalena will be alone for the fight. Saves the trouble of explaining his encounter with your character, I suppose.

Chamel
11-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Just realized I did better than I thought.

Anywhore~
Congrats to Lobotomizer and E-B to making it to the finals!! I wish you both the best of luck (and the energy) to fight till the end!

And thanks Hewwy for giving the participants a change of pace. It was greatly needed and ever so refreshing.

The Strongest
11-29-2013, 01:07 PM
You broke the 200 ticker-tape line! Congratulations!

Wyrmspawn
11-29-2013, 11:08 PM
I've made more than the point about the walls. I believe it's decided that the monastery would be a better choice.

Aw... no love for my ideas? *sniffle. I feel so sad about that...

Well, back to business. I put more thought into designing the battlegrounds than you think... but if I posted every single solution to every single problem, then the plotline of the fight would have to be dictated by me, and only paraphrased by both writers, which I thought would be a bad idea. Since you guys have agreed not to use my suggested location, though... I might as well post how much thought exactly went into designing the battlefield.

Firstly: Cosmic Abyss feels iffy.
I was hoping the writers would give it more thought, since originally I assumed that the whichever location would be used was simply whichever location had the most votes; in that way, the writers would have to use their creativity to solve the problems. In such a location, it's a battle of creativity as well as writing skills. How many ways are there to take advantage of the falling situation? Far too many. For instance, how you position your body during the fall influences how fast you fall; would both competitors choose to dive onto the platform and hope you can reach it first, or would the fighters try to disable their enemies before reaching the platform?

I'm not really sure how any one character can get onto the ledge while freefalling at terminal velocity without splatting themselves. This one was one of the things I didn't consider at first (Didn't think wRHGs were that underpowered to die by falling), but now, with further thought, even provided your wRHG will die from a long fall, you can simply turn it into a mid-air wrestling match. Whoever can springboard off the enemy at the last moment finds a (relatively) safe way to land on the platform, hopefully while sending the enemy flying off course.

Besides, if you're really that uncomfortable with it, you could make the fall only last a few short seconds, way less than the time required for terminal velocity.

how the characters can fight without a means of horizontal movement. First of all, if you're freefalling, how you position yourself as you fall will determine in which direction you're falling. That's one means of horizontal movement. Another thing is, Newton's laws of action and reaction. If you punch your enemy, you will be sent in the opposite direction.

Besides, what makes you think battles require horizontal movement? You could be caught in what amounts to a wrestling match with both fighters trying to get the other fighter out of the way.

The pace of the battle The best thing about this battle is that the pace of it is extremely variable. How fast and how long exactly did the both of you fall? It could have lasted anything from a split second to almost a minute.

Further details in the background? Could there be anything that is falling alongside you? What if the audience watching the battle threw things at you beforey ou entered the abyss?

How did the two of you fall there in the first place?. Obviously, the two of you aren't just going to leap in the abyss for no reason at all. Were you both pushed, or was there a scuffle that resulted in both of you falling in?

Will there be anything else falling down with you? Will anything else be sucked into the abyss with you? Maybe some rocks, or leaves, or even another person?

Will either of you successfully gain the ledge? Was there any guarantee at all that the ledge would be able to save you? What if, during the heat of the battle, both of you failed to keep the ledge in your sights and plummeted past?

ledge=safety? What makes you think that gaining the edge makes you much safer? The ledge was only big enough for one of you to stand on... but there was no claim saying that it wasn't sturdy enough for both of you to hold onto it.

What if one of you fell past, but just managed to fire, say, a grappling hook onto the bottom of the ledge? Would the battle be infinitely extended?

Or, what if one of you fell past, but decided to destroy the ledge out of spite? It certainly isn't impossible. After all, the ledge is the only feature in the fall for miles and miles, and maybe for an infinity, even.

I could go on and on and on, but I suppose it's useless to argue; If you don't like it, you don't like it. I just hate it when you just say it's iffy (especially when I was trying to leave you with creative space) and won't even bother to give it a moment's consideration to consider the possibilities behind it.

Edit: P.S. I'd tried to cram as much possibilities into as few words as possible; but the sad thing was, nobody seemed to give it the consideration I thought they would. It's like writing a piece of flash-fiction using days and days of revising what you wrote, and to have nobody willing to understand the story behind those ten words. Hurts a lot, you know.

Xate
11-30-2013, 07:59 AM

Well, back to business. I put more thought into designing the battlegrounds than you think... but if I posted every single solution to every single problem, then the plotline of the fight would have to be dictated by me, and only paraphrased by both writers, which I thought would be a bad idea. Since you guys have agreed not to use my suggested location, though... I might as well post how much thought exactly went into designing the battlefield.

Firstly: Cosmic Abyss feels iffy.
I was hoping the writers would give it more thought, since originally I assumed that the whichever location would be used was simply whichever location had the most votes; in that way, the writers would have to use their creativity to solve the problems. In such a location, it's a battle of creativity as well as writing skills. How many ways are there to take advantage of the falling situation? Far too many. For instance, how you position your body during the fall influences how fast you fall; would both competitors choose to dive onto the platform and hope you can reach it first, or would the fighters try to disable their enemies before reaching the platform?

I'm not really sure how any one character can get onto the ledge while freefalling at terminal velocity without splatting themselves. This one was one of the things I didn't consider at first (Didn't think wRHGs were that underpowered to die by falling), but now, with further thought, even provided your wRHG will die from a long fall, you can simply turn it into a mid-air wrestling match. Whoever can springboard off the enemy at the last moment finds a (relatively) safe way to land on the platform, hopefully while sending the enemy flying off course.

Besides, if you're really that uncomfortable with it, you could make the fall only last a few short seconds, way less than the time required for terminal velocity.

how the characters can fight without a means of horizontal movement. First of all, if you're freefalling, how you position yourself as you fall will determine in which direction you're falling. That's one means of horizontal movement. Another thing is, Newton's laws of action and reaction. If you punch your enemy, you will be sent in the opposite direction.

Besides, what makes you think battles require horizontal movement? You could be caught in what amounts to a wrestling match with both fighters trying to get the other fighter out of the way.

The pace of the battle The best thing about this battle is that the pace of it is extremely variable. How fast and how long exactly did the both of you fall? It could have lasted anything from a split second to almost a minute.

Further details in the background? Could there be anything that is falling alongside you? What if the audience watching the battle threw things at you beforey ou entered the abyss?

How did the two of you fall there in the first place?. Obviously, the two of you aren't just going to leap in the abyss for no reason at all. Were you both pushed, or was there a scuffle that resulted in both of you falling in?

Will there be anything else falling down with you? Will anything else be sucked into the abyss with you? Maybe some rocks, or leaves, or even another person?

Will either of you successfully gain the ledge? Was there any guarantee at all that the ledge would be able to save you? What if, during the heat of the battle, both of you failed to keep the ledge in your sights and plummeted past?

ledge=safety? What makes you think that gaining the edge makes you much safer? The ledge was only big enough for one of you to stand on... but there was no claim saying that it wasn't sturdy enough for both of you to hold onto it.

What if one of you fell past, but just managed to fire, say, a grappling hook onto the bottom of the ledge? Would the battle be infinitely extended?

Or, what if one of you fell past, but decided to destroy the ledge out of spite? It certainly isn't impossible. After all, the ledge is the only feature in the fall for miles and miles, and maybe for an infinity, even.

I could go on and on and on, but I suppose it's useless to argue; If you don't like it, you don't like it. I just hate it when you just say it's iffy (especially when I was trying to leave you with creative space) and won't even bother to give it a moment's consideration to consider the possibilities behind it.

Edit: P.S. I'd tried to cram as much possibilities into as few words as possible; but the sad thing was, nobody seemed to give it the consideration I thought they would. It's like writing a piece of flash-fiction using days and days of revising what you wrote, and to have nobody willing to understand the story behind those ten words. Hurts a lot, you know.
A gimmick-filled fight or a straightforward no-holds-barred beatdown between the two. It's their choices. Plus, with the permanent injury, Cosmic Abyss might feel annoying. And this is my opinion. And of course, "It's their choices".

Wyrmspawn
11-30-2013, 07:26 PM
A gimmick-filled fight or a straightforward no-holds-barred beatdown between the two. It's their choices. Plus, with the permanent injury, Cosmic Abyss might feel annoying. And this is my opinion. And of course, "It's their choices".
I'm not forcing my suggestion on anyone; I just want them to know I DID put more thought into it than they think.

ErrorBlender
11-30-2013, 09:27 PM
I liked the idea, Wyrmspawn. I really do. I wanted to explore that kind of combat at some point. I might use it on a future battle, is that okay?

Wyrmspawn
11-30-2013, 10:16 PM
I liked the idea, Wyrmspawn. I really do. I wanted to explore that kind of combat at some point. I might use it on a future battle, is that okay?

Now that so much was posted about how it could be further explored, it may no longer be explored as originally as it could have been. Anyone who read that post on the possible ways to develop this background would be tainted by my ideas (i.e., they will be influenced to think in certain directions). It's like reading a piece of literary art after being told what it was alluding to; certainly, you will understand it more easily, but the perceptions you make will not truly be your own.

Having listed out all of the explorable paths I had already considered, it will take more work to squeeze new ideas out of this scene. As I see it, whoever has read that post will already be influenced by the possibilities I had listed out.

Like I said, I'm not trying to get it used; I was just proving that this scene wan't made up in ten seconds, and that I could answer all the problems presented against it. I was trying to prove that work did go into making this scene up.

If you want to use it, sure; but in using a scene created by someone else, you are already heavily influenced by their style of perception. By reading anything on that list, you might be further influenced along my line of thought, until your idea on how to write Cosmic Abyss might be exactly the same as mine. Far better that you spend your time on actually creating your own works than to create works as dictated by others.

ErrorBlender
12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Sorry but let me rephrase my last post. The idea of the Cosmic Abyss intrigues me since it showcases a different playing field. Its different from what I usually think of. Truthfully, I haven't read most of your points regarding the details of the Abyss, I realized as I read the first few sentences that you would be explaining its origin and such that I decided not to continue as it might, as you have said, taint my view of the possible battleground.

I agree though that it might be better to draw on a different work rather than using yours but I will use it as a template. A part in a larger battle instead.

Lobotomizer
12-01-2013, 10:58 AM
@error

by the by, just in case I interpret this wrongly, could you explain fully what you mean by "Inability to claim weapons that materialize on his arms"?

ErrorBlender
12-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Every weapon that requires the arm slot cannot be used.

For convenience, here are those weapons:
Plasma Gun, Beam Blade, Shield Generator, Blast Cannon, Iron Fists

...so basically, it leaves Bl.An.C. with only these:
Missile Pods, Wing Pack, Drones

Hope it cleared things up for you, Lobo.

Hewitt
12-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Okay, the deadline has been moved accordingly as I see you've all come into agreement: December 17.

Your passion for your creation is well-founded but if the people do not want to use it then it is their prerogative. I'm sorry. I'm sure the other nominees took their time to think about what they wanted as well (except maybe TheOrg...just saying judging from the way it was originally written >_>) so you shouldn't feel like only you made the extra effort to contribute. You've already done so much in the form of those helpful fruitful cnc's since the first round despite you not even being a participant in this tournament. Thank you.

You do realize that had you actually not let the Loser's Bracket die, this Abyss would've been where your Finals would take place right?

Hewitt
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah btw guys, it would do everyone a solid if you could pop over to the SP Awards thread:

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?78033-StickPage-Forum-User-Awards-2013-Nominations

And nom some of your favorite characters, battles, and demos. Seriously, we need more noms into those categories.

Xate
12-07-2013, 09:12 AM
You do realize that had you actually not let the Loser's Bracket die, this Abyss would've been where your Finals would take place right?
I..I'm sorry...Is there any way I can repent?

Hewitt
12-07-2013, 09:19 AM
There is no way to repent.

Xate
12-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Bitter as always.

Lobotomizer
12-08-2013, 02:41 AM
@Gamer

Might want to take a look at your signature again.

Hewitt
12-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Bitter as always.

lol I'm not bitter. I'm a realist.

You promised twice to deliver something. I gave you your chances twice. You failed both chances twice.

I'm not going to deny anything from you in the future. I mean, you're not Triss. But don't expect me to just warm up to you just because the Loser's Bracket Event happened "ages ago" and you still haven't delivered a single thing. Don't expect me to ask you to prove yourself once again. If you want to be responsible, then you do it because you want to be, not because I do.

*UPDATE*
Anyways, how'd you boys want a REAL extension: Next year. The finals will take place on the first weekend of next year. I realize that Christmas must have some kind of deciding factor on your lives so I'm willing to extend the deadline that far because I know both of you are good for it.

Also, sidebar: the SP Awards Voting Thread has appeared: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?78538-StickPage-Forum-User-Awards-2013-Votes

Cast your votes now and may the best writers win :D

ErrorBlender
12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Does the Finals take place immediately after the semis? Or was there a rest period? I think I recall that there was...

Hewitt
12-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Does the Finals take place immediately after the semis? Or was there a rest period? I think I recall that there was...

I would say it is your prerogative to assume, but if you want an official answer then there is only a moment's reprieve from the semi-finals; just enough time to send the winners to another chamber.

ErrorBlender
12-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I read this very late. xD

Almost done with my entry. Just rereading it all for the sake of editing. Deadline is so close xD

Hewitt
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
What. Did you read my previous post? I changed the d-line to next year XD

Take your time bro.

ErrorBlender
12-15-2013, 07:44 PM
O_O I'm blind.

Will do. Thanks again. xD

I remember reading that post. I may have forgotten.