PDA

View Full Version : SPP Collab (Idea Thread)

Mesmay
06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
UNNOFFICIAL SPP COLLAB IDEAS THREAD

WHATS IT ALL ABOUT?

Well, to put it straight, we want to make an epic collab which shows just how great the animators here can be.
Although we dont know what the theme is going to be at the moment. So we're going to discuss ideas in this thread.

I WANT TO JOIN!

Unfortunately, because we want this to be the best possible animation, we're only accepting people who either took part in the last SP Animation Contest, or the people who are on the list on the front page of the Second SP Contest Signup thread. There will, as with every rule, be SOME exceptions, but only for one or two people who we know are MORE than good enough to join, but for some crazy reason, didnt.
Apart from them, no-one else can enter.

Of course, if you're on the list or you participated in the last contest, you dont have to join, obviously. Its just it'd be nice.

IM NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN, BUT IVE GOT SOME IDEAS!

Then feel free to share them! :3 Although you can't join, Im sure you've got something to contribute ideas-wise.
And of course, you'll most likely get a mention in the credits.

THEMES WORTH A SECOND GLANCE-

- Castle Invasion (most likely the final choice, seeings as everyone's accepted it)
- Video Games (meh)
-
-
-
-
-

FPS SUGGESTIONS-
-

DIMENSION SUGGESTIONS-
-490x280
-450x230
-600x250
-
-
-

DUE DATE?-
-No due date, or at least decide it later
-
-
-

OTHER STUFF WORTH CONSIDERING-
-Fullbody and stick? Or just stick?
-
-
-

MUSIC POSSIBILITIES-
-Exilement custom music
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTEKEj4vgo (so tempting to RickRoll you all)
-

ENTRANTS-
-Mesmay
-Checkers?
-SNL?
-Bloodfruit?
-Leo4life
-Spitzer?
-Strife?
-Drifts
-Mraznbuddy
-Aycaramba
-LN3uq
-SSOutphase
-Exilement?
-Deathwish
-Cicada
-Miccool
-T Man
-Raffi?
-Lf2Master
-X-bag?
-NegaDrain
-Opted?
-Apocalypse?
-
-

Even if you did reply yes to the pm, could you just tell me again in the thread. Sorry, it'd be more convenient, and you can actually think about whether you really want to do it or not.

DONT ASK "WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT"

Due date, dimensions, fps, theme, everything, really.
Also, tell me if we need any more categories or anything like that.
Thanks.

Sorry if this seemed kinda "bossy", I just want it to go well lol <3

Checkers
06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Crapppppppppp. Could I possibly be one of the two who you know is good enough to enter?

Mesmay
06-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I dont know.
Show an animation?

I was thinking more kinda strills, that kinda standard. But sure, show an anim and we'll see. Plus, its not totally up to me, Im not the boss of this collab... (there isnt really one. Is there?)

Checkers
06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
http://www.antiup.net/view/5442/

Yeah, yeah. I know I need to get my own idea, but this was really fun to make.

SNL
06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Ok I think this is a brilliant idea! Unfortunatly, I did'nt apply for the SPP contest... I truely think I have the skill level to join but I'll let you decide.

Some Animations:

antiup.net/view/5493/ (http://antiup.net/view/5493/)

antiup.net/view/5494/ (http://antiup.net/view/5494/)

antiup.net/view/5495/ (http://antiup.net/view/5495/)(old)

My collab idea for this is a future theme, with robots, rayguns, hovercrafts, those cool doors that open automatically, etc.

Checkers
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
those cool doors that open automatically

So grocery stores are...... the future?

SNL
06-25-2008, 03:45 PM
So grocery stores are...... the future?

Smartass... :Bricked:

Mesmay
06-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Are those both your best?
Because theres no point showing stuff and saying "i didnt try" because then its not your real skill level.
I know that neither of you said that, but Im just asking.

Also, checkers, if you used actionscript for the trail on the sword, then PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO CODE IS!! :3 Ive been dying to know.

Checkers
06-25-2008, 03:50 PM
That was litterally pretty close, or my best abillities. If I get in this collab, I'll try harder than I did on that animation.

BloodFruit
06-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I would like to help.
I have been gone a while though, but I think you have seen my stuff.

SNL
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
My animations were close if not, my best. But like checkers, if i were in the collab i would try my best.

Edit: I can do a better explosion now lol.

leo4life
06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
sooooo,,, am i in, i thinnk of some theams, how bout, another random stick fight =D, naaa, ill think of somthing else.

Spitzer
06-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Fighting Up in the Clouds/ Sky
22FPS
1 Month

I told you ill see if i can enter on friday.

HOPEFULLY I PASS GEOGRAPHY SO MY SIG ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

Strife
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Am I allowed in?

and 24 fps.

SNL
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Well i think the fps should be 24, just so it can fit most peoples styles best (like mine).

As for stage size, i would say something around 490x280

I dont neccessarily HATE your sky idea just theres not much you can do with it without it being random or stupid.

Scorpioxxx
06-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Im agreeing with 24fps but I think a pass-around would be good, or atleast a set baclground to tie it al together. Gravity manipuluation could be a fun theme aslong as gravity was reset between animations.

leo4life
06-25-2008, 05:08 PM
24 fps ftw

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 05:09 PM
FPS 24
Dimensions: Default 550x400
Due date: A month, extend it if needed.

Idea: 20-30 seconds of animation by each animator [its easier than it sounds for people who've finished the SPP contest]. Each is adding onto one another like a joint [so it appears that its one animation, instead of 10-15 different ones thrown together]. The style of it could be done like a stick figure battling through an enemy base, fighting multiple sticks with guns/sword/powers to get to a person/file/weapon.

Drifts
06-25-2008, 05:10 PM
i want in add me too it please

mraznbuddy
06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm in right :D
anyways I've been dying to use this idea:
Magicians with magical hats that you can pull more things out of it than bunnies :D. some stuff more like, oh idk...guns maybeh? :D
24fps is decided right?
and I think the dimensions should be smaller than default. :| just because I don't like default xD.

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm in right :D
anyways I've been dying to use this idea:
Magicians with magical hats that you can pull more things out of it than bunnies :D. some stuff more like, oh idk...guns maybeh? :D
24fps is decided right?
and I think the dimensions should be smaller than default. :| just because I don't like default xD.

No offense, but that idea doesn't sound very fun to animate to me, I like the infiltrating a base because anyone can animate however they want, one person may want to go in and animate the stick figure charging in guns blazing, while another might want to go all solid snake on him Or another might want to use a massive uber beam of death on a horde of enemies, its leaves so much up to the animators...

Aycaramba
06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm in.
I think 20-24 FPS would be good. It will fit for most of the animators.
Dimentions should be around 600x250 imo.
Theme; idk. can't think of anything rite now.
Edit:Oh shi- i forgot. I'm going on vacation in like 3 days, for a month. so lets come up with an idea first and then start to animate.
Due date; like 1 month or something like that.

SNL
06-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Defalt sucks! But if drift get in then i should TOTALLY get in. No offense drift

Spitzer
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Well i think the fps should be 24, just so it can fit most peoples styles best (like mine).

As for stage size, i would say something around 490x280

I dont neccessarily HATE your sky idea just theres not much you can do with it without it being random or stupid.
helicopters, spaceships, birds, pollution, rain, thunder. There'es alot of things.

I did a serious anim with coulds once, too.

Im agreeing with 24fps but I think a pass-around would be good, or atleast a set baclground to tie it al together. Gravity manipuluation could be a fun theme aslong as gravity was reset between animations.
**** **** **** THE PASS ALONG. ITS A DEATHWISH TO COLLABS.

LN3uq
06-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm in.

We should do some video game. I'd say spore, but that would just be boring to watch, and impossible with sticks.

SSOutPhase
06-25-2008, 06:35 PM
lol, I was just kidding about this collab. But video games sound alright. There was a contest on it, how bout a collab? Each person could do a different game.

I can join right? I was in the first Contest but dropped out.

SNL
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Well the videogame tribute collab hosted by byondrage or oni-meh is on SL.

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but video games were just done and everyone who just finished the contest could just use their entries... If it was a specific game, maybe...

BloodFruit
06-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm in.

We should do some video game. I'd say spore, but that would just be boring to watch, and impossible with sticks.

I agree it should be some sort of videogame.

But so many to choose.

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 08:27 PM
And it has to be one that everyone knows, so I suggest it should be a retro game. [Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.]

SSOutPhase
06-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Or Mario vs. Link vs. Samus?

But I don't wanna make it look like Super Smash Bros....=/

BloodFruit
06-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I think it should be an all old school videogame colab.

Exile
06-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Depending on what theme you guys decide on, I'll join.

I don't have any suggestions as to what we could animate though.

Frankeh also made a script that allows variable FPS for the last attempt at this, so it's not worth trying to find one that everyone's comfortable with. I can't animate at 24 FPS myself, so that script is the only thing that's keeping me in this. I don't know where to find it though.

I can also potentially make custom music for this, if you guys want to do a music-themed animation.

Deathwish
06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
helicopters, spaceships, birds, pollution, rain, thunder. There'es alot of things.

I did a serious anim with coulds once, too.

**** **** **** THE PASS ALONG. ITS A DEATHWISH TO COLLABS.

And on that note, I'm in.

Cicada
06-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Depending on what theme you guys decide on, I'll join.

I don't have any suggestions as to what we could animate though.

Frankeh also made a script that allows variable FPS for the last attempt at this, so it's not worth trying to find one that everyone's comfortable with. I can't animate at 24 FPS myself, so that script is the only thing that's keeping me in this. I don't know where to find it though.

I can also potentially make custom music for this, if you guys want to do a music-themed animation.

The script for changing fps sucks dick. It lags animations. 24 FPS would be the most FLEXIBLE because then you can use 12FPS with doubleframing or 24FPS with single framing.

I'll enter the collab.

Miccool
06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
* Miccool ching chong's your nip nong

Translation: I'm in.

Exile
06-25-2008, 09:36 PM
The script for changing fps sucks dick. It lags animations. 24 FPS would be the most FLEXIBLE because then you can use 12FPS with doubleframing or 24FPS with single framing.

All I can animate at is 18-20 FPS, I might be able to do 22, but that's about it.

T Man
06-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Mesmay, I want to be in charge of this collab, or at least have some say on who's in this.

I'm in.

topic----

intruding on a castle..

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Mesmay, I want to be in charge of this collab, or at least have some say on who's in this.

I'm in.

topic----

intruding on a castle..

That idea doesn't sound bad, set in mid-evil times? You could have 3-4 sticks breaking into a castle, a brute, a agile elf like character, a wizard, etc. I like this idea especially if its a passalong.

Passalongs don't spell certain death for a collab. Just give a short deadline for each person starting on when they get it. Like, lets say, half a week to add as much as they can, or they get skipped and put in the back of the line. This is what I did for Pass the Salt, and it worked out...

SNL
06-25-2008, 10:32 PM

I'm in.

topic----

intruding on a castle..
I agree with this idea, it sounds fun and people have many different avenues for creativity.

mraznbuddy
06-25-2008, 10:37 PM

I'm in.

topic----

intruding on a castle..
yeah intruding a castle with magical hats >:D sounds nice to me.

SNL
06-25-2008, 10:52 PM
lol, well if that was the theme it'd be up to you to have a magical hat

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 10:55 PM
I think it has to be pass along though simply because intruding a castle is more of a 2-3 minutes kind of animation... You guys still ok with it?

T Man
06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
it's always an animation i wanted to do C:

SNL
06-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I think it has to be pass along though simply because intruding a castle is more of a 2-3 minutes kind of animation... You guys still ok with it?
Cheesy I simply think there are too many members whowant to join this for a pass on animation, unless the bg cleared between parts. Also, i think if we try the castle idea will be bomb with parts say 15-25 secs.

Schwa
06-25-2008, 11:00 PM
How about you designate an original person to breach the wall and then when they walk out of a section or door (on the right side) you transition to the next person's animation who starts at a section or door on the left side?

That way there is some continuity but you don't have to do a pass it along.

SNL
06-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Its a good idea but it would have to be PERFECTLY organized to pull off.

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 11:09 PM
How about you designate an original person to breach the wall and then when they walk out of a section or door (on the right side) you transition to the next person's animation who starts at a section or door on the left side?

That way there is some continuity but you don't have to do a pass it along.

That sound perfect, but we should at lest create a constructible background, like easy to create a custom room building blocks, plus the door and a backdrop. [I volunteer to make them if no one else will, but someone might have to make the backdrop] And agree one acceptable enemy and ally appearances.

Cicada
06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Or you could have separate parts based on the idea of invading castles, but only have to adhere to the rule that they must begin their part by entering a room of a castle, and must end it by running out a door. Don't make this too complicated with uniform backdrops or any of that junk.

Schwa
06-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Or you could have separate parts based on the idea of invading castles, but only have to adhere to the rule that they must begin their part by entering a room of a castle, and must end it by running out a door. Don't make this too complicated with uniform backdrops or any of that junk.

Exactly.

Like what I said.

SSOutPhase
06-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Intruding a castle and fighting other sticks? Is it gonna be that simple or will there be more to it?

leo4life
06-25-2008, 11:37 PM
how about an "escape from hell" collab, or maby a "fantality" collab. or a
"your game vs another game" collab, since its for the people who entered spp
contest 1-2

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, thats what I said, you'd just be using the same building blocks for the background so it looks like the same castle. Someone might make a door twice as wide as everyone else's [or a different color] or make the castle color lighter than everyone else's. if everyone uses the same building blocks you won't have that and the castle looks the same throughout the final movie making it look like one whole animation as opposed to 20 or so entries...

EDIT: also, if your main character is going to have a sword we have to distribute a sword to everyone so it looks like the same stick...

Intruding a castle and fighting other sticks? Is it gonna be that simple or will there be more to it?

Final Goal = Decapitate the king?

leo4life
06-25-2008, 11:38 PM
damn, beat me to it, =/

SNL
06-25-2008, 11:41 PM
I think everybody should just make there own bg as long as its not to simple. Looks like this is what were gonna be doing. I think this stage size will be perfect, 490x270

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I think everybody should just make there own bg as long as its not to simple. Looks like this is what were gonna be doing. I think this stage size will be perfect, 490x270

Did you read anything I just said? Also not everyone who's been in the SPP contests can draw a decent background [like me =P], let alone make it look similar to everyone else's.

SNL
06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Ok, sorry just i thought its a bit of a standard to draw backgrounds... If thats the case though then well just use your block idea. Im decent with backgrounds, want me to draw up some ideas for blocks and ground and stuff?

T Man
06-25-2008, 11:55 PM
i can make backgrounds... lmao

Rather Cheesy
06-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok, sorry just i thought its a bit of a standard to draw backgrounds... If thats the case though then well just use your block idea. Im decent with backgrounds, want me to draw up some ideas for blocks and ground and stuff?

I have a basic idea of what to do, at the very least it'll be a good example of what I mean by building blocks. I'll draw them up tomorrow, its very late for me right now and I'm fixing to go to bed.[1 AM]

EDIT: I know you can make backgrounds, Tman, but a majority of contest entrants can't do it if their life depended on it.

SNL
06-25-2008, 11:58 PM
lol ok, its only 9:50 for me

SSOutPhase
06-26-2008, 12:09 AM
i can make backgrounds... lmao

Quoted For Truth.

Cicada
06-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Why are we having uniform shit with same building blocks? That takes away from the entire concept of showcasing other people's abilities and tastes in animation, and puts them at a stage where they can't exercise full creativity.

LN3uq
06-26-2008, 12:42 AM
So what I think is this.

I like the castle idea, and I don't think we should do a pass along collab, in my experience they never turn out as good as they could have been. So, run in from the left side through a door, kill some bitches, run out the right side.
And regarding weapons, each animator should just make it so if their stick has a weapon they lose it before they exit the room. Whether it's just tossing it to the side, or it breaks or gets stuck in a wall, just make sure they don't have it with them when they leave.

T Man
06-26-2008, 12:44 AM
I mean i can make a fixed bg for everyone. Like, I'll be the person to make the bgs..... just tell me what to make.

Cicada
06-26-2008, 12:45 AM
I mean i can make a fixed bg for everyone. Like, I'll be the person to make the bgs..... just tell me what to make.

While that'd look good, I don't think that'd be the best idea, since everyone's parts will look similar and not sure variety.

Raffi
06-26-2008, 01:22 AM
[

I dropped out of the SPP contest. Can I still enter?

Mesmay
06-26-2008, 02:07 AM
Ive been gone for 8 hours and already Tman is trying to steal my thread? jk
:3

Im updating the first post.
I should do the castle idea right?

And btw, I just want to say that having 3 different characters would be a pretty bad idea. I mean, unless you're going to have them all running through the castle at once, which just seems... kinda... well, hard to animate, for one, and at the same time it'd be a 3 on 1 against the bad guys, so it wouldnt seem so daring.
And if you just switch them, then it'd look really dumb, because if that guy was hiding in the castle, he couldve just gone and killed te king himself- why does he need to wait for another guy to come and find him first?
Hm.

And also, regarding backgrounds... couldn't we just do our own? I mean, if you're really that bad at it, then sure just do a line background (not as in a straight line, but a black and white kinda thing, you know what i mean, like in shock) and then maybe Tman will go over it later. Its just, if you cant do a good background that means that you cant break the background either, because if Tman DOES do yours then he shouldnt have to animate all the debris for you.

final point-
Is it a fortress or a castle? And how will it start? On top of the castle or coming in from the drawbridge? Because if we did it right, a cinematic drawbridge coming down would look very very good.

Oh, and we also need music suggestions, right?

Aycaramba
06-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Exilement said he could make some music for the collab. amirite.

Lf2Master
06-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I'll make a part if someone tells me what I need to do or notifies me when this planning out stuff is finished...I would like to make my own background though.

Lag
06-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Soez... Do you forbid full body?

Tentionmaru
06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
lol, I was just kidding about this collab. But video games sound alright. There was a contest on it, how bout a collab? Each person could do a different game.

I can join right? I was in the first Contest but dropped out.

that would be alight lol. mainly since i didn't ever finish my spp contest one on devil may cry, and could just use parts from that.

Aycaramba
06-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't think so, because the theme is different.

Exile
06-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Exilement said he could make some music for the collab. amirite.

Not medieval music. Believe me, my style wouldn't fit with a castle siege animation at all.

A song that popped into my mind for an "epic castle siege" theme would be Planet Hell by Nightwish. I'm assuming the very beginning of the song would be trying to get into the castle, and then it'll go straight into fighting, and the intro for that song fits the mood for that perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTEKEj4vgo

The vocals don't really fit though, so I could cut the song to retain the instrumental parts and just loop those if you guys want.

SNL
06-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Although its agood music suggestion, we dont want to limit ourself to theme music.

Exile
06-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't recall saying we should, I'm just making a suggestion that I think can actually fit in with the animation's overall style, given that these types of animations are usually criticized for having generic music.

If you guys want to put in Slayer or Slipknot or any other generic thrash metal song in the background, go ahead.

Ahtex!
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
like i said in the pm, in =P

SNL
06-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't recall saying we should, I'm just making a suggestion that I think can actually fit in with the animation's overall style, given that these types of animations are usually criticized for having generic music.

If you guys want to put in Slayer or Slipknot or any other generic thrash metal song in the background, go ahead.
lol,thats not what i was getting at. I was just saying we can be open to wide variety of music.

Opted
06-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Eh, could I join?

I haven't animated anything for a while, so sadly my most recent
anim is just a test.

Feel free to browse through the past animation threads I've made:
http://stickpageportal.com/forums/search.php?searchid=796912

Naturally I'm expecting the collab entry to be at least a little better then
those past anims.

As for fps I'd suggest 24.
Also, I hope you don't implement a necessary time amount. :/

Cicada
06-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I think people are making this overcomplicated.

24fps, castle attacking theme, animate to it. And we'll stick in a song at the end that would be different and unique.

SNL
06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Very nice, we just need dimensions

edit: my suggestion 1 last time: 490x275

LN3uq
06-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I've always thought you were good, opted.

Cicada
06-26-2008, 01:33 PM
If Opted isn't in this I'll kill myself.

600x400 or 500x300

Don't make the dimensions some obscure number.

LN3uq
06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
489 x 264 please

taconaf
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
can I join ? :D
it would be fun..

stickmasterx
06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Ignore my Noobish name if you don't know who I am. I'm Apocalypse from other forums. I've been busy as crap with school and stuff so I didn't enter the other conpetitions. I was in the Kill Crazy Jay Collab a while back.

My Kill CJ part: http://www.stickpageportal.com/watchmovie/death-by-kung-fu.html

Some animations of mine just in case you don't know me.

http://antiup.net/view/5648/
http://antiup.net/view/5649/
http://antiup.net/view/5651/
http://antiup.net/view/5652/
http://antiup.net/view/5653/
http://antiup.net/view/5654/

Just a few little things I've done.

Is there a chance that I can join this?

SNL
06-26-2008, 03:24 PM
if i were running this thing id say your in

Mesmay
06-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Remember to check the first post people. So you know whether you're in or not. >_>

Schwa
06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I suggest that if people want to do full body they find a power up that turns them from a stick to a fullbody. And then they turn back to a stick at the end.

I know it sounds stupid but it'd be better than just going in a stick and coming out a fullbody.

Rather Cheesy
06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Alright guys, I know all of ya'll like the idea of making your own background bu here's what my building block idea was.

I haven't finished drawing all the different parts to make it really customisble, but you see where I'm going with this though, right?

http://antiup.net/file/5hp3wivyv2dp_castle_building_bloc.jpg

you can make any background you want, and throughout the entries it still looks like the same castle. Right?

EDIT: I would've been on earlier to post this but my power went out in a thunderstorm, and my laptop has no internet without power... >_<

Aycaramba
06-26-2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPYopcoeqs (www.raygoldmodels.com)

Found this. quite good song for the collab.

stickmasterx
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I think thats a good idea RC, but at the same time, if I wanted to do some epic cinematic thing where the guy blazes into the castle, I dunno how much I would want all those little bricks as my background inside of the castle, if you know what I mean.

Rather Cheesy
06-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh don't worry, I'm going to be putting in more than just bricks, there will be lamps, armor, chandeliers, the doors, furniture, and all sorts of stuff everywhere that you can use.

stickmasterx
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Thats fine. But I mean that the wall would look like seriously cluttered if it were shown with a realistic number of bricks in it. And it would quite possibly lag in high action parts.

Dinomut
06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
in terms of concept, how about a sort of Game of Death (the bruce lee movie, wikipedia it) type thing where theres one main character going up a pagoda with a different opponent on each level and each animator gets a level. we'll sort them in order of epiness, with the most epic at the top.

Rather Cheesy
06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
http://antiup.net/file/zsb8f48yzj4_castle_building_blo.jpg

hers an update on the building blocks. I still have to add some more custom background items, but you can make practically any background you want now...

Apocalypse, it won't lag. I checked it, and it doesn't so long as you don't go overboard in one room.

stickmasterx
06-26-2008, 11:19 PM
What I was thinking about was something like this:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9209/blahxa0.jpg

Obviously I wouldn't be so lazy with it in the real thing >.>

But could we use just a few blocks on a greyish background like that is more of what I was thinking.

Rather Cheesy
06-26-2008, 11:36 PM
I was going to put something like that as the backdrop with these.

I like the building blocks better because then we can get multiple rooms that look like the same castle instead of the same room over and over again...

LN3uq
06-27-2008, 12:24 AM
I think it would be better if we didn't all have the same style of backgrounds, really.

SNL
06-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Agreed, but people who may have some trouble with backgrounds now have a resource.

EDIT: Mesmay dimension please! I want to start my background.

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Agreed, but people who may have some trouble with backgrounds now have a resource.

EDIT: Mesmay dimension please! I want to start my background.

That sounds good, I'll continue making this and if you can't make a background feel free to use it...

Aycaramba
06-27-2008, 12:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPYopcoeqs (http://www.raygoldmodels.com)

Found this. quite good song for the collab.

Dont ignore D:

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 01:43 AM
K sorry Ill put that on the first post.

SNL- well Im not sure. Which dimensions are we going with? I reckon it should be something like default, but a little less width and a lot less height.
:/

Checkers
06-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Don't you dare put that on the first post. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HORRORS LURK BEHIND THAT LINK.

LN3uq
06-27-2008, 02:04 AM
On a more serious note, I like 450 x 275

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 02:05 AM
How come my name isn't on that thar list?

Ssjbryando
06-27-2008, 02:08 AM
wow didn't thought people would post in this, since spp contest well the name was done quite some times. but good to see, its active. so yea I'm in I guess =P mostly Im an awesome Idea man, so Ill check it out in a second, but I see you guys already have a castle idea.

Fps: 24
Sticks only, that makes it better in my oppinion. in stead of having 99% sticks, then a fullbody comes by.
450x320? maybe or something.

Aycaramba
06-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Don't you dare put that on the first post. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HORRORS LURK BEHIND THAT LINK.

wait wat

leo4life
06-27-2008, 06:28 AM
hmmm, so what are we going to be animating?

Aycaramba
06-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Something with breaking in to a castle and get out.

stickmasterx
06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
That sounds good, I'll continue making this and if you can't make a background feel free to use it...

Yeah. I'll probably use it as long as you get the backdrops in it :)

By the way. I think for this kind of animation (the castle idea) we should have a decently high dimension for the frame.

I think that a dimension like 400x300 would be quite nice. Its not overly large that people who animate small sticks would leave a huge amount of blank space, yet it has enough room for others to add in more close up shots or whatever they'd like to.

And I definitely vote for 24 fps. That way we can double, triple, and single frame as we see fit and it will still flow nicely.

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Should I make the thread now?
The proper one, you know.

Although Im not sure about which dimensions we're going to use.

stickmasterx
06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Well since you're organizing this the dimensions are really up to you. Just pick some dimensions and go ahead and make the thread since we can't start until we have set dimensions :)

Spitzer
06-27-2008, 12:52 PM
In .

SNL
06-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Make a thread! Im dying to start my part

LN3uq
06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, why are the dimensions so stretched out to the side?

Schwa
06-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, why are the dimensions so stretched out to the side?

Give them more room to run from one side to the other?

But if that's the reason I can see that being a problem because you'd have to animate more people at the same time otherwise it would look bad.

T Man
06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
or you have to animate a tall bg. it goes either way.