PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on early game strategy

borisov
06-23-2013, 07:53 AM
I would appreciate an advice for my opening!

Now I'm playing against 1500-1600 players and my opening starts to fall behind. Typically I start by 2 miners and 1 Swordwrath, with the idea to focus on economy, while keeping up with the enemy army. With a good units mix, in the medium run (and as a sequence in the long run) this gets me some wins.

However, in the short run harassing archer+swordwrath / archer get me into a trouble. I have tried to focus more on tower archer or wall with mixed success.

I'm curious to read your opinion!

PS: is there any list of the maps by length? It may be useful to learn them by heart, so I'm prepared for early "encounters"

_Ai_
06-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Maybe try this.
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?61388-Turtle-Strategy-V2

jerrytt
06-23-2013, 09:36 AM
there is no one opening strategy that works for every situation. you have to take into account their race, map size, and personal experience of their strategy.as a general rule, for shorter maps its better to go more aggressively, and for longer maps, you ahve more room for economy.

Cha05Walking
06-23-2013, 10:59 AM
true dat

merich1
06-23-2013, 11:04 AM
there is no one opening strategy that works for every situation. you have to take into account their race, map size, and personal experience of their strategy.as a general rule, for shorter maps its better to go more aggressively, and for longer maps, you ahve more room for economy.

Yeah, basically what he said.

There are a few recommended openings for aggressive and defensive though.

2 Swords 1 Miner - Keep buying Swords, get Rage, and overwhelm the opponent and take the middle.
1 Sword 2 Miners - Same as 2 Swords 1 Miner, except you can use this defensively too (if you want) by using the Sword as a decoy while you build your economy and a Castle Archer. Recommended.
1 Sword 1 Archer - Early offense. Follow-up is usually more Swords and Archers and Rage, but I like to use the Sword and Archer as a decoy. Best on the Castle map.
2 Miners - When your first income comes in, buy a Castle Archer. Very good for defensive.
3 Miners - Extremely good for defensive, if you know what you're doing. Extremely hard to pull off in short maps though.

borisov
06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Maybe try this.
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?61388-Turtle-Strategy-V2

The guide looks great! I will spend some time on it, thanks for the useful comment!

jerrytt, I agree to your post, but still - need to build upon some foundation.

_Ai_
06-23-2013, 10:51 PM
The guide looks great! I will spend some time on it, thanks for the useful comment!

jerrytt, I agree to your post, but still - need to build upon some foundation.

Well thank you. But dont bump it up. :)
And what merich, Jerryt said.

fhtrg
06-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Get a castle archer to kill the swordwrath and archer.

stickman311
06-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Get a castle archer to kill the swordwrath and archer.

They both escape, and u don't have tower, so u lose

Xyit
07-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Usually I open archer and swordrath forget to follow up with econ and get attacked pretty early b4 1:30 by speartron and archer

stickman311
07-07-2013, 03:09 AM
Usually I open archer and swordrath forget to follow up with econ and get attacked pretty early b4 1:30 by speartron and archer

What map is it? Sword archer is the WORST opening on medium map, except desert, and big maps.

xanderman222222
07-07-2013, 07:22 AM

If they go 2 swords 1 miner you just lost. They have eco advantage plus they can overwhelm your early forces with swords...

stickman311
07-07-2013, 07:29 AM
the archers will destroy the swords on short maps. Rage sucks on short maps

Xyit
07-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Yea you guys are right but sword and archer s the most versatile option- giving you early middle control if opp. opens with sword miner

ShadowGeneralChaos
07-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Yea you guys are right but sword and archer s the most versatile option- giving you early middle control if opp. opens with sword miner

Well yes, ok, you have an earlier middle town control....but is it usefull??? I mean. Your eco should be more worse then your oppointments, and you only gain 10 golde after 10 seconds.... and then on mid game, they have already speartons and archers, and taking the middle tower.... you understand what I mean?

speartross
07-19-2013, 10:52 PM
if its a short map, use archers and speartons and if all of them die, bring in backup allbowtross, spearton, and achidons.use shield wall+bash combo to protect the achidons,you could probably hit them form 3 quarters away, if its a small map