PDA

View Full Version : how to beat someone who turtles

Cha05Walking
06-23-2013, 12:08 PM
id say speartons and magikill, who can both target the statue with other units blocking the way, a ghost a bunch of merics and a couple giants
theres other ways too, better ways, now lets hear it

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Ok...I think when I know he is gonna turtling, then:

1. Buy ghost spawn and lots of archers. Ghost is meatshield and archers behind him....pressure your enemy
or 2. I sometime buy Ninjas for assassinating his miners...but this is hard, when he then get albows or giants...

merich1
06-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok...I think when I know he is gonna turtling, then:

1. Buy ghost spawn and lots of archers. Ghost is meatshield and archers behind him....pressure your enemy
or 2. I sometime buy Ninjas for assassinating his miners...but this is hard, when he then get albows or giants...

1. I counter that by using my Mage(s) to try and kill the Archers or at least chase them away, while my Speartons tank. But it's a good method.
2. Countered by Miner Wall. (But it's good to try once.)

I don't break turtles early. I just build my army, get Tower Spawn II, and use the Tower Spawn advantage to kill them.

Cha05Walking
06-23-2013, 12:37 PM
has any one else noticed that the spearton rush no longer works
when you tell them attack statue they dont listen and they get destroyed

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-23-2013, 01:14 PM

lol...really? I havent test it out yet...

merich1
06-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Seriously? I'll have to test that out on my alt.

Cha05Walking
06-23-2013, 02:26 PM
yeah seriously
now what am i supposed to do when im desperate, just lose?

jerrytt
06-23-2013, 03:14 PM
yeah seriously
now what am i supposed to do when im desperate, just lose?

yes.

And im pretty sure that spearton rushes still work, cause i just did it to some guy.
so close at the end lol

DiPi
06-23-2013, 03:27 PM
against turtles you should go and make in the fastest way possible 2/3 speartons with shield ability (don't remember its name), 6 archideons and 1 mage + ghost spawn

mage is extremely important for defeating turtles: if they're not careful, they could lose all their miners because of that
in this way, you break through his lines (since when he'll see the mage he'll surely hide all his troops inside) and then you wait
in this way, your speartons tank the castle archers, the archers inflict damage against the statue and the mage prevents your enemy to try mining and/or attacking your troops
even if you don't kill all his miners, the important thing is to not let him mine (the ghost spawn is useful too to keep pressuring when he doesn't expect it)

Cha05Walking
06-23-2013, 05:06 PM
yes.

And im pretty sure that spearton rushes still work, cause i just did it to some guy.
so close at the end lol

didnt work when i tried it on someone who turtled my speartons kept attcking his instead of destroying the wall and going for the statue

borisov
06-23-2013, 05:30 PM
hmm I had the following problem.. I made some early archers and then quickly ghost. The middle was mine, but no ghost appeared for some time. Then the opponent attacked me with 2-3 spears and the game was over. Why the ghost was so slow to appear, is this the normal thing?

Cha05Walking
06-23-2013, 05:32 PM
was it loading?

borisov
06-23-2013, 05:42 PM
you mean was the bar above the center full or not?

Edit: I know now. The center was not fully taken by me, my mistake

Cha05Walking
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
yeah u always want to make sure you have full possession of it

_Ai_
06-25-2013, 11:58 PM
So, because I'm a turtler myself, I'll let you in on how to defeat turtlers.

First, go for 1 sword 2 miners. Put them all on gold. Once you get the middle, scout. He probably have a castle archer. Stay outside its range, but you can still see him and all of his miners, including mana miners. Just make more miners. Now, build your army. It can be about anything. Since he turtles, he shouldn't be attacking you. Well, not until you get a strong army to pressure him back turtling. My favorite unit is Albatross. They deal heavy damage. And it's also ranged. Use them to keep his miners to only the 1st row of gold. Now, make more alba. Be sure to research tower spawn.

Cha05Walking
06-26-2013, 09:54 AM
yeah albowtross can be pretty trouble some, i think its stupid that there so slow but they can still anticipate and dodge the magikills spells just as easy as any other unit and they are usually built with merics too, if i send shadows your merics die and my shadows die and youll have the upper hand

ShadowGeneralChaos
06-26-2013, 10:51 AM
My Strategy for beating Turtlers:

1. Use ghost spawn and some other archers.
2. Use Shadowraths for assassinating his miners....

But I use most the time my 1 option.....