PDA

View Full Version : SPP Collab

Pages : [1] 2

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 02:32 PM
PM DEATHWISH WHEN YOUR FINISHED AS MESMAY IS AWAY FOR A WEEK, SO I CAN UPDATE THE FRONT PAGE!
YOU CAN USE VCAM! SHOULDVE SAID EARLIER, SORRY.

*LARGE GENERIC FACE ON ITS SIDE*

Ok, this is the real thread now. Just so the people know whats happening.

Fps- 24 (sorry exilement, try to do a 12fps one?)
Dimensions- 570x250
Theme- Breaking into a castle
Due Date- None yet
Music- Not chosen yet
Length-It must be more than 7 seconds, but no max length.

And this is a list of people joined. You can still join, but dont join halfway through and rush your entry. That means that it most likely wont be used.

- means an entry hasnt been handed in
+ means an entry has
X means that the entry has been rejected, or the person has dropped out
-Mesmay
-Checkers?
-SNL?
-Bloodfruit?
-Leo4life
-Spitzer?
-Strife?
-Drifts
-Mraznbuddy
-Aycaramba
-LN3uq
-SSOutphase
-Exilement?
-Deathwish
-Cicada
-Miccool
-T Man
-Raffi?
-Lf2Master
-X-bag?
-NegaDrain
-Opted?
-Apocalypse?
-Ssjbryando
-Spitzer
-Shanto
+NTG
-Rather Cheesy
-Sparco

NOTE, SOME OF YOU DIDNT ACTUALLY SAY THAT YOU WERE IN IN THE OTHER THREAD, EVEN THOUGH YOU OBVIOUSLY THOUGHT YOU DID. SO ACTUALLY TELL ME O_O;

GUIDELINE-
Ok, so the theme is to have a character break into a castle single handedly.
What you need to do is have him come in from a door on the left, and travel along to the right, and exit through another door.
It'd be great if you used a black stick as the main character, that way they all tie in. Enemies can be any other colour. (Note that you need the stick to be balck at least when he comes through the door and when he exits out the other side. He can power up into a different colour inbetween, anything like that is allowed)

We need one person to do the animation for entering the castle, and we need another to assasinate the king at the end. In fact, Tman's holding a contest to find the best intro/outro. (http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87774)
If you do one of theses special parts, then you can also do another part as well.
In fact, anyone can do as many parts as you want, although I encourage you to just to one long part rather than two short ones.
It just looks better.

ALSO-
I am seriously against the idea of the un-used section. Either it goes in, or if its not good enough, it doesnt. Sure, if it gets rejected then you can post it all over the internet and stuff like that, I dont mind.
And I dont mind you showing your entry to people, just please dont make threads on SL or in the flash section showing it. So just keep it vaguely private, just to make it so that people havent already seen all the entries.

Preview:
http://antiup.net/view/5853/
Download:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1634296 (Grey)
http://www.savefile.com/files/1635707 (Dark Blue, for the more adventurous)

If you want to use the template, then feel free. Although you dont need to. Its only really for people who are bad at backgrounds or are too lazy to make a good one.

AND REMEMBER TO RENAME YOUR MCS, YOU NOW WHAT TO DO, MAKE THEM "<NAME>HEAD", <NAME>SWORD", ETC.

Also, put your name in the top right-hand corner. You dont have to, but then no-one will know its your work.

Only your character must leave the room! Only him, no other sticks, no dead bodies, no weapons, no rubble or anything like that. Because when it switched to the next anim, the dead body/rubble/weapon/other stick wont actually be there. If you didnt get that, thats no excuse, just dont do it.

Hm. If Ive missed anything then let me know.

power fuse0
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
IM pretty sure its been done

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 02:47 PM

You should really check out the SP Contest thread.

Oh wait, well, not really. Seeings as you werent in it.
Well basically, read the SP Collab Ideas thread, then you'll know how it came about.

T Man
06-27-2008, 02:50 PM
nice nice, maybe we should start off the collab by having a comp to see who makes the best intro/outro? just to get everyone started!

also i can be a desinated bg maker

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Lol maybe :3

Oh and by the way, people.
T Man is going to choose whether your entry gets accepted into the final animation or not.
So you might have to try a bit harder to live up to his high expectations.

Ssjbryando
06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
It is done before Power fuse. but It didn't work.

Also why am I not in the list D: I'm hurt.

leo4life
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
ooooo, can i make it so you godda save some princess while in the castle to or somthing? and like, when i leave the castle, it blows up?

SNL
06-27-2008, 03:06 PM
it can what ever you want... Im going to whip up a kickass preloader and menu

Spitzer
06-27-2008, 03:07 PM
I said im in

mraznbuddy
06-27-2008, 03:15 PM
:D T Man you can make my BG for me

T Man
06-27-2008, 03:16 PM
:D T Man you can make my BG for me

kk add me on msn so i know what you want

Ssjbryando
06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Lawl tman you can make to.

=| Add me tho mesmay >:c I guess I am iiiiin

T Man
06-27-2008, 03:23 PM
mk, just tell me what to do on msn.. or here, what would you like?

Ssjbryando
06-27-2008, 03:26 PM
thanks. well I have to think about it, and you're not logged in :c but so a castle area bg. And I come from the left (the animator) And I have to go pass alot of sticks, and then exit at the right door. ok. =3

I'll say when I thought of something t =D

Shanto
06-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Am I good enough to get it?

No?

Well **** YOU!

T Man
06-27-2008, 03:33 PM
i'm signed in dood lmao

but cool sounds good

Ssjbryando
06-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Lawl for some reason I don't see you in my list D:

and that wasn't the background =P it was more of a question. My bg, is gonna be with some traps maybe and stuff, to get creative with.

T Man
06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
okk
cool cool.

can't wait for people to post updates on parts. can't wait for everyone's ideas

Shanto
06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Welllllll, father Zulu said I could join...

edit: screw it, ill prolly screw this whole collab up.

Ssjbryando
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Welllllll, father Zulu said I could join...

edit: screw it, ill prolly screw this whole collab up.

Jup <3 <3 <3 <3

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
sorry shanto, didnt see you in the list or that you'd entered for some reason.
But Ive added you now.
Or dont you want to be added now?
Or was that "Ill prbably screw everything up" a kind of self consolation type thing.

mraznbuddy
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
okk i think i added you :] accept?

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 03:57 PM
k sure

Shanto
06-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Mesmay, your confusing me.

But arrite, I'll be in. Although, it will prolly be bad. So if I think it uber-sucks, I prolly wont submit it. Although, if I like it, I will submit =D

Mesmay
06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Ok :3
I confuse myself too, just not that much

Deathwish
06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Is there a set frame limit?
And T-man, I'm adding you on msn, i need a bg.

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I said I was in in the other thread mesmay. But whatever add me to the list.

The template isn't done yet, but I have the basic parts done, I still have to add all the fancy custom parts...

We should agree on a symbol for the castle that you'll see throughout the entries on doors, tapestries, armor, etc. That way it more signifies that its the same castle...

Apples
06-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Sure, count me in.

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok I think I've finished, I could add more stuff, but this should be enough. I personally don't like the backdrop I used, so if someone wants to draw a replacement please do.

Preview:
Download:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1634296

Shanto
06-27-2008, 06:51 PM
YO TMAN.

Backround plz.

Opted
06-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Ur, does our scene have to be a standard left to right 2d pan?
(such as Rather Cheesy's provided background)

Or can we, say, have him come into the room via a spirally castle
stair?

(or does that just mess up the altitude of the whole thing)

T Man
06-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Ok I think I've finished, I could add more stuff, but this should be enough. I personally don't like the backdrop I used, so if someone wants to draw a replacement please do.

Preview:
Download:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1634296

the colors are too bland, so the stick won't stand out at all. try to fix it up.

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
ooookkkk... And how would you suggest doing that? All you've said is "its wrong, fix it" ...

T Man
06-27-2008, 08:23 PM
i said the colors are bland lmao.

how about changing the colors, because the sticks wouldn't stand out. this could be done by just like, putting a tint on it?

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 09:15 PM
i said the colors are bland lmao.

how about changing the colors, because the sticks wouldn't stand out. this could be done by just like, putting a tint on it?

aye I'll try it out.

leo4life
06-27-2008, 09:23 PM
hmm, so we cant make are own bgs?

T Man
06-27-2008, 09:27 PM
oh you can, its just that if you can't, someone else can.

Rather Cheesy
06-27-2008, 09:30 PM
How about like this? I added a dark blue tint...

http://antiup.net/view/5871/

@Leo; you can make your own, but if you can't draw a decent background you can use my pack.

T Man
06-27-2008, 09:46 PM
not bad. theres nothing wrong with it, but if someone was to use it, it'd be hard to keep track of the person because of the colors.. idk how to explain it. :C

but it's nice C:

Ahtex!
06-28-2008, 04:50 AM
can we use vcam in our entries?
also RC provide a download link for that!!! =D

Mesmay
06-28-2008, 05:31 AM
Ur, does our scene have to be a standard left to right 2d pan?
(such as Rather Cheesy's provided background)

Or can we, say, have him come into the room via a spirally castle
stair?

(or does that just mess up the altitude of the whole thing)

Well as long as he comes through a door on the left. It doesnt have to be straight left to right, you know, so you can make him go up levels and down levels as you wish, also he can go through a side door.
I suppose he could come down a staircase, but at the top (like i said) there needs to be a door

Raffi
06-28-2008, 05:33 AM
Can I j-

Arch-Angel
06-28-2008, 06:02 AM
I would like to join this, I need to make a good flash animation, and your template inspired me.

So I basically just make a room with the template or a background that I made and animate a black stickfigure coming in on the left side, going though the room, it's obstacles and/or enemies, and then exiting on the right side?

Mesmay
06-28-2008, 06:03 AM
yes .

stickmasterx
06-28-2008, 09:46 AM
If I was one of the ones that you weren't sure if I was in. Then I am in for sure.

leo4life
06-28-2008, 11:06 AM
mesmay, you forgot to tell people to name there symbols, rename there sound effects and rename the v-cam, heck, rename everything

Raffi
06-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Ahem.

Can I join?

killersnail
06-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Im IN!!! I will be a part of the spp collab <3

Rather Cheesy
06-28-2008, 02:10 PM
can we use vcam in our entries?
also RC provide a download link for that!!! =D
To the dark blue one? Here you go.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1635707

EDIT: You can change the color of the tint by opening the movie clips and highlighting the asset movieclip and change the tint color. Make sure you use dark tints to maintain the grayish color [so you don't have a hot pink castle... >_>] and also remember to RENAME these movieclips and add your name to them so no one overwrites you castle pieces. So if one MC is called "Wall_left1" rename it "Cheesy_Wall_left1"

I would like to join this, I need to make a good flash animation, and your template inspired me.

So I basically just make a room with the template or a background that I made and animate a black stickfigure coming in on the left side, going though the room, it's obstacles and/or enemies, and then exiting on the right side?

yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya
I inspired someone ^_^

EDIT:@ killersnail: Read the first page you had to be a part of the SPP contest, you obviously were not. Unless you're an old member hiding in a noob account...

Ssjbryando
06-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Rc that's genius like =] more people should do that, make such packs and put there own background together.

I still need to think of what to use ;-;

Shanto
06-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Im IN!!! I will be a part of the spp collab <3
I think this is something Mesmay would say, or around:
Example please. Since we don't really know you, we need an example of your mad skizzles.

Ssjbryando
06-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Killersnail is a good animator he is from sl
He is at least decent + a bit more =D

Rather Cheesy
06-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Rc that's genius like =] more people should do that, make such packs and put there own background together.

I still need to think of what to use ;-;
^_^, this is how I've started to make my backgrounds, anyone can use this castle pack, whether their in the contest or not, its always nice to have good resources.

Killersnail is a good animator he is from sl
He is at least decent + a bit more =D

I'd take your word for it, but I'm not runing the collab, mesmay is [I can give you a hand if you want Mesmay, when you're not on and stuff.] It don't matter much anyways since Mesmay said that only the good entries will be put in, and the bad ones left out. So if he ends up being bad then he just won't be in the collab.

taconaf
06-28-2008, 03:15 PM
im in :D

Rather Cheesy
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
And who are you? You had to be in the last contest in order to join [allowing anyone to join is being considered, but not confirmed yet.]

Bonk
06-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Why don't we just drop this elitist shit and let people in if they're good enough?

Mesmay
06-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Well thats kinda the point bonk >_>

If someone's not going to get into the final collab thing then surely they'd be kinda disappointed, at the end when it doesnt get in? If theyre not going to get into the final one then why let them make an entry when it'll just be rejected?
It makes sense.

Bubbleman
06-29-2008, 07:49 AM
hey ^_^ i got your Pm and replied back saying that i'll make something for this, and now i know the theme i think it'll be awsome!.... oh and you forgot to put my name on the list =(

Clutch
06-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Ill give it a shot :3

leo4life
06-29-2008, 09:14 AM
mesmay, dont forgot to tell them to rename there sounds and v-cam, not just the movie clips, because some people have difrent sound effects with the same name. and it could mess up the collab

Mesmay
06-29-2008, 09:54 AM
ok thanks :3 I added that

stickmasterx
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
How about instead of making everyone rename EVERY single symbol that they have, make them move all of their symbols into a folder with their name on it. Would be just as organized and less of a pain to rename hundreds of symbols...

Mesmay
06-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Because that doesnt work. If two movieclips are the same, one overwrites the other one.

Arch-Angel
06-29-2008, 01:13 PM
How about instead of making everyone rename EVERY single symbol that they have, make them move all of their symbols into a folder with their name on it. Would be just as organized and less of a pain to rename hundreds of symbols...It really isn't that hard when you make a symbol to just name it when you press F8.

stickmasterx
06-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Ahh yeah. Didn't think about that. Never mind then. We should still put our stuff in a folder though to keep things even more organized.

Mesmay
06-29-2008, 03:13 PM
well maybe, yes. Good idea, but its not necessary, seeings as Im not exactly going to go and use your MCs at the end, am I?

stickmasterx
06-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah I guess not.

Strife
06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll try to put together a part.

But don't count on it, I haven't really animated for months.

;__;

stickmasterx
06-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Is there like a restriction on how long our parts can be?

Mesmay
06-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Good point, added that in the first post.
It must be more than 7 seconds, but no max length.

LN3uq
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
So I made this a long time ago for an animation I never really started. If anyone wants to use it for the intro/outro/menu or whatever, it's fine with me.
I mean, I thought it was pretty good, and I didin't want it to go to waste when the theme fits it so well.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4194/castlesilhouettezf1.png

Just because I'm not planning on making either an intro or an outro, and I thought other people might want to use it. I've got the fla if anyone wants

leo4life
06-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Good point, added that in the first post.
It must be more than 7 seconds, but no max length.

7 SECONDS?!!!
it should be like 15, lol

SNL
06-30-2008, 08:52 PM
whos the one who put the beginning of there part on antiup? Its looking good!

Strife
06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
possible song... http://youtube.com/watch?v=eglS6iYlrRc

it has to do with knights.. and we're animating castles, so it fits.

:D

Paco
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
hey, i would make a intro but im assuming you want like a animated fight one, but i will do a menu or that and collaborate with someone to do the intro and menu. msn or pm me.

SNL
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
possible song... http://youtube.com/watch?v=eglS6iYlrRc

it has to do with knights.. and we're animating castles, so it fits.

:D

I personally think thats a bit to blah blah screamo for the collab, but the songs not up to me

Rather Cheesy
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Mesmay, on the front page you need to talk about use of weapons, you said before that the stick should have no weapon when he enters and when he leaves, but he can obtain a weapon when hes in the room, so long as he doesn't leave with it.

@strife; I like it, its sorta screamo, but it fits the castle/fighting theme well.

EDIT: Also, put me on the list, I've said i was in 3-4 times now...

Paco
06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
lemmie find some songs one sec,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
thats a good one.

ok for realz i will look.

Strife
06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
So what if it's screamo, essentially all the anims are going to be at least mildly violent, so screamo is ideal.

Arch-Angel
06-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I just hit 4 seconds on mine. So far I think My entry will be around 30 seconds.
Frames: 96
Time: 4.0
Layers: 11
IIL: 90

Yet another question. Does our name have to be on our entry? Like in the corner. Because the Vcam I made has a MC text file of my Username in the top left corner. I could edit it out if you don't want it in.

I'm using RC's Template (OMg it's awesome!). I've done some experimenting around with some cool effects. I might post some examples if the damn internet would go faster =/ And yeah, I've renamed every symbol that I've edited, and in my created symbols, I have _Demi in the name, so they won't be any overwriting if you are planning on putting it all together.

And I have a song suggestion, though it will be a minute before I can post a link to it. Though it will be hard to decide before the collab is complete. The Internet where I am is oo slow, so If you want to hear it, go to Newgrounds Audio portal, It's the fourth song on the best of the week list.

Mesmay
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah, itd be nice to have the name in the top right hand corner.

Can I have some updates about where everyone is at?
Ive dont my bg and Im about 4 seconds in. Not much, but it would probably be more if I hadn't done clutches bg for him >:C

SNL
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Music suggestions:

Breed-Nirvana
Enemy-Zebrahead

Drifts
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm doing intro, got 9.3 seconds, 225 frames :D

SNL
07-01-2008, 01:58 PM
im doing thebg... ive been a bit busy lately, with life and stuff

Rather Cheesy
07-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Mesmay, on the front page you need to talk about use of weapons, you said before that the stick should have no weapon when he enters and when he leaves, but he can obtain a weapon when hes in the room, so long as he doesn't leave with it.

@strife; I like it, its sorta screamo, but it fits the castle/fighting theme well.

EDIT: Also, put me on the list, I've said i was in 3-4 times now...

Quoteing this because mesmay has ignored my post.

I haven't started yet, I got a free trial for WoW, and I sorta wanna use it up as much as I can before it ends. I'll start on it afterwards though...

LN3uq
07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I have done nothing, I'm working mainly on the sl collab right now.

Drifts
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Shift limits have a collab too? well i guess it's war SPP vs SL >:(

Mesmay
07-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Quoteing this because mesmay has ignored my post.

I haven't started yet, I got a free trial for WoW, and I sorta wanna use it up as much as I can before it ends. I'll start on it afterwards though...

Really? Didnt see it, sorry >_>

Added.

SNL
07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Shift limits have a collab too? well i guess it's war SPP vs SL >:(
Well, not really SL's collab is due in 5 days so theres will be out sooner. Hopefully, ours will be better >:)

Arch-Angel
07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Frames: 123
Time: 5.1 seconds.

My entry is going by slow, but it's looking really good, IMO.
It makes me want to post it because I know I'd get good feedback on it. lol.

Rather Cheesy
07-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Really? Didnt see it, sorry >_>

Added.

I figured as much =P

Mesmay
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Well you can show it to people on msn etc, maybe show it here as long as it isnt the FINISHED one. Just please dont put it in the flash section or at SL or anything.
Im sure you knew that already :P but I just wanted to reiterate it.

Strife
07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, not really SL's collab is due in 5 days so theres will be out sooner. Hopefully, ours will be better >:)
Lol funny joke.

Ssjbryando
07-01-2008, 04:38 PM

yea, shiftlimits already had 2 collabs. <: lawl. I wanted to join D: but yeah.

But eh yeah, shiftlimits has all the epic people. >_> still this can be good.

Paco
07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
menu=me ?

SNL
07-01-2008, 06:02 PM
But eh yeah, shiftlimits has all the epic people.
im epic... ...ish

Miccool
07-01-2008, 07:21 PM

OH SHI-
/me starts animating.

And you have quite the ego SNL ;-;

Strife
07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
OH SHI-
/me starts animating.

And you have quite the ego SNL ;-;

Miccool speaks the truf.

SNL
07-01-2008, 11:08 PM
lol, I have no idea why you guys believe I have an ego... I dont really think im that great of an animator to be honest, and I was joking when I said im epic.

Miccool+Strife= MEGA EPIC!!!

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 01:49 AM
TehPaco-
Yeah, you can make it, but dont make the menu just yet, there are some things that need to be decided first, and also you'd need to do scene select etc.
Although if you're just offering to do it because you can code...well I can code, so dont worry about that. I dont know, tell me.

Miccool
07-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Is he any good at menus? just curious ;-;

Also stickied. :>

LN3uq
07-02-2008, 02:16 AM
: >

T Man
07-02-2008, 02:19 AM
the sl collab is dead, i thought..

well, i'm glad this was stickied, now if i can just stop doing speed animations along with baseball, i'll get started.

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I dont know, thats why I asked him.
Yay a sticky.

Rather Cheesy
07-02-2008, 03:20 AM
TehPaco-
Yeah, you can make it, but dont make the menu just yet, there are some things that need to be decided first, and also you'd need to do scene select etc.
Although if you're just offering to do it because you can code...well I can code, so dont worry about that. I dont know, tell me.

I can make some pretty advanced custom animated menus if you want me to, check out the heavy object collab to see an example...

Drifts
07-02-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm confused, how are you goin to put all of this together. Because you wanted everyone to start animating from when they bash the door open, so everyone would do the same thing?

Rather Cheesy
07-02-2008, 03:29 AM
noooooo. One person does the first animation which is entering the castle, then the people in the middle animate a guy entering from the left and out from the right. Those can be put into any order. Then some one does the last animation where they behead the king... its pretty straight forward, and its just like my old tower ascent collab [only left to right instead of bottom to top]

Drifts
07-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Ohhhh!!!!! now i understand 0_o

I'm applying for beginning.

Paco
07-02-2008, 01:27 PM
well im not gonna be cocky but i'm pretty sure i'm good?
ill make it soon and if you don't like it use RC's.

i was thinking though it would be cool if i do it, if the first person helps me out and we make there animation integrated in the menu. so its flawless.

i can show you some really old examples :P

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, but like I said, you're gonna have to wait till the end so then we know who's doing the first animation, and also for scene select issues etc

Paco
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
actually, let RC do it.
i doubt i will ever finish this since i am probably the best procrastinator ever,
sorry.

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Lol, ok .

Arch-Angel
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Well, I was going to offer to do it, but then I got too lazy and realized my collab entry will take a while.

Here's another update on my entry.
Frames: 157
Layers: 19
RunTime: 6.5 sec's
IIL: 103

Here's some advice for anyone using Rather cheesy's layout. Make it easier for Mesmay when h puts them all together, by not overloading your frames with the symbols. If you have a pretty big castle room whatever, make a lot of frames, and set a couple of keyframes in there. then delete every background symbol you're not using. I think it'd be easier if I could post a screenshot >.> Basically, if you have 5 rooms, delete the 4 you're not using, until you need them. Or delete anything extra or that you cannot see in the frame. It keeps the file size low for a longer time, and it doesn't lag at all.

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Cool. That'd really help, actually people, athough if you cant be asked then thats fine too I guess :P

mraznbuddy
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm going to get started on mine now. btw shouldnt there be like stair cases where the stick figure goes up one level. a one story castle is too ghetto for a king. O_O"

edit: actually i figured out a way for the bigger/smaller door thing. but is there going to be more floors?

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Lol. True, also mine is underground so I guess there'll be plenty of change in bg style etc.

Arch-Angel
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, In mine the stickfigure lowers 3 floors but raises back to normal elevation.
I suppose it all depends in elevation. If you start at a base of 0, and raise 3 . Then it'd be like stairs. If you can put the example together.

Also, It's good to work on artwork, so if you want to make stairs or a spiral staircase for your animation, you should. I made a whole lot of new symbols using the same layout as RC's template.

Rather Cheesy
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Its good to hear that people are getting some use out of my template ^_^. I might make more templates later [of different backgrounds themes, just for fun, not for the collab]

@Paco & Mesmay; then I'm doing the menu then? OK, I'll hold off on making it until further along in the collab when we get a better idea of how it will turn out so I can make the menu suit it right...

Mesmay
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Well I think I already said (even though it wasnt directed at you)
that you're going to have to wait until the end anyway, because
a) I want the menu to fit in with the opening part (which will be decided later)
b) you need to know where the scene selects are going to send to. Also you need to have screens for people to click on to go to different scenes.

Rather Cheesy
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Well I think I already said (even though it wasnt directed at you)
that you're going to have to wait until the end anyway, because
a) I want the menu to fit in with the opening part (which will be decided later)
b) you need to know where the scene selects are going to send to. Also you need to have screens for people to click on to go to different scenes.
Ok, that was my thoughts as well. If you need ANY help with putting the collab together I'll give you a hand. The includes piecing together entries, the menu, keeping up with the thread, etc. Just lemme know if you want my help.

Mesmay
07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Thank you :]

Shanto
07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Tman, I are still waiting for mah BG T.T

And also, this thread got a sticky o.o

BloodFruit
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
A sick song for the collab would have to be "Here I come" by the roots.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WU9TNMLFNPI

Arch-Angel
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Is it okay if I double frame everything? You know, so it shows it as 12FPS, but it's really 24. I'm not sure if I should though. It looks cool fast, and then again, you can keep up a lot better and see everything at 12. It's confusing.

Rather Cheesy
07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
A sick song for the collab would have to be "Here I come" by the roots.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WU9TNMLFNPI
You do realize that this collab contains fight scenes with swords right? How does hip hop/rap fit that?

Is it okay if I double frame everything? You know, so it shows it as 12FPS, but it's really 24. I'm not sure if I should though. It looks cool fast, and then again, you can keep up a lot better and see everything at 12. It's confusing.
This implies that 12 FPS is allowed if doubleframed.

Fps- 24 (sorry exilement, try to do a 12fps one?)

LN3uq
07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
You do realize that this collab contains fight scenes with swords right? How does hip hop/rap fit that?

Ever seen Afro Samurai?

I think some rap could work, and I really like the roots, that song in particular. I just dont know if I can see it fitting with this. Still, I think I'd have to see the collab when it's done to really decide.

Arch-Angel
07-04-2008, 10:47 AM
haha, Le3uq's avatar. Wall-E is awesome.

This is an update to where I am ATM.
Frames: 364
Time: 15.1 seconds
ItemsInLibrary: 135
Layers: 24

This is probably my best flash animation, probably because I'm actually trying to make it look good. It has some pretty sweet effects(Awesome fire =]) and trails. Kick ass blood. Though the template is pissing me off now =] Had to completely redo the backdrop and move the entire stage multiple times. It's still coming out nicely though. I have some pretty awesome fights and stuff towards the end. I was going to add an entire second part where he gets eaten and, well you know how super mario would do it? Or legend of zelda, make a dungeon inside of a monster or something. I had some ****ing sweet symbol animated skeleton fights, then the computer ****ed up on me. So no more that =]

Anyone else care to update where they are, or at least make sure that more than about 5 people are aniamting in this collaboration?

Mesmay
07-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah I know what you mean by the dungeon/room in the monster, sounds cool. Yes double framing is fine.

And youve made me think... I need to make my part a bit more extreme, its all simple combos atm, maybe I should try and add some more explosions etc =P

Arch-Angel
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
I added a mini-boss. I felt bad, the main stk. was just kicking everyone's ass. Like it isn't a challenge.

Shanto
07-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Tmannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn T.T

SNL
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
im not doing so well with the bg can i do like "the castle dump room" or "the white room" or something, if not ill just try my best

stickmasterx
07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm something around 7 seconds into mine. Its coming out very nicely. And if my dad would stop MAKING ME GO TO FKING ADULT PARTIES SO THAT IM COMPLETELY BORED OUT OF MY FREAKING MIND I would have some time to work on it more....

NTG
07-04-2008, 09:18 PM
im almost finished mine, and im not sure if anyone else has said this but

THE BACKGROUND IS ****ING TERRIBLE

seriously, i mean all the blocks and stuff look lovely but the background, well color is awful. its so dark that the black guy is hard to see, and no matter what color you make the enemies they are also hard to see

i seriously recommend changing the background

wait are we allowed to make the background whatever we want?

Rather Cheesy
07-04-2008, 10:15 PM
im not doing so well with the bg can i do like "the castle dump room" or "the white room" or something, if not ill just try my best
Use the template on the first post, its meant for people who can't get backgrounds out good...

seriously, i mean all the blocks and stuff look lovely but the background, well color is awful. its so dark that the black guy is hard to see, and no matter what color you make the enemies they are also hard to see

Yes, you can make any background you want, the template is for the people who can't draw a good background...

stickmasterx
07-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Or for people like me who just want to use the templates because they feel like it :)

Mesmay
07-05-2008, 03:08 AM

lol, check the first post. the blocks are just for "kids who cant background good".
So yes you can make your own, or adapt the blocks in anyway you want. Thats ok isnt it RC? it shouldnt mess up too bad...

@SNL- I could do your bg for you, providing it gets in. So just do the white room thing, black and white (you know what i mean) then Ill go over it.
Although that'll mean that 3 rooms'll look kinda similar, but thst doesnt matter that much. I guess the people using the template (bricks) will have similar bgs too.

Drifts
07-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Can we show screenies? pleeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee!!!....

Mesmay

Mesmay
07-05-2008, 03:38 PM
um... k

Mesmay
07-05-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.antiup.net/file/1s3yv58n4txra7_mark_m.jpg

Sorry for double post everyone D=
But yes, here is a screenie from mine.
And also if you think your rubbish at bgs and want to do a white line or something, perhaps let me do the bg for you? Itll be in a very, very similar style to that of this bg here. (I know im not the best background maker ever, in fact im far from it, its just im trying to help)

If you want to do that, then just draw the bg out of black lines, and then Ill go over it later.
Although, of course, this will resrict you- you wont be able to do any complex interaction with the bg (eg breaking chunks out of it) because Ill be doing the final bg and I really dont wanna re-animate all of your debris and everything like that too, cos thats pushing it really =/

SNL
07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
looking good mesmay! Im accually over my bg funk so im good :>

Rather Cheesy
07-05-2008, 10:46 PM
[*IMG]http://www.antiup.net/file/1s3yv58n4txra7_mark_m.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry for double post everyone D=
But yes, here is a screenie from mine.
And also if you think your rubbish at bgs and want to do a white line or something, perhaps let me do the bg for you? Itll be in a very, very similar style to that of this bg here. (I know im not the best background maker ever, in fact im far from it, its just im trying to help)

If you want to do that, then just draw the bg out of black lines, and then Ill go over it later.
Although, of course, this will resrict you- you wont be able to do any complex interaction with the bg (eg breaking chunks out of it) because Ill be doing the final bg and I really dont wanna re-animate all of your debris and everything like that too, cos thats pushing it really =/

I like that background, the style looks awesome. I think the template would be easier than you going over it, but either or works for those who can't draw backgrounds ^_^

Arch-Angel
07-05-2008, 10:57 PM
NTG, What I did is make the backdrop into a new symbol, like Demi_Backdrop_Edit and I just used brightness in the properties menu. It makes things a lot easier to see.

Here's another update =]
Frames: 425
Run Time: 17.7 seconds
Items In Library: 142
Layers: 27

Still no screen shots from me. The internet is still slow here.
Edit: screenshot, not a good one though. http://antiup.net/file/zrawzxotc9_demi.gif

SNL
07-06-2008, 12:32 AM
looks cool, nice use of the templete!

Mesmay
07-06-2008, 08:04 AM
NTG, What I did is make the backdrop into a new symbol, like Demi_Backdrop_Edit and I just used brightness in the properties menu. It makes things a lot easier to see.

Here's another update =]
Frames: 425
Run Time: 17.7 seconds
Items In Library: 142
Layers: 27

Still no screen shots from me. The internet is still slow here.
Edit: screenshot, not a good one though. http://antiup.net/file/zrawzxotc9_demi.gif

Gah. Remember I said use a black stick?

Raffi
07-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Shanto asked me to tell he wants a background.

But he got banned >_>

Mesmay
07-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Background from who? Tman I assume?
Well he could just talk to him on msn?

Hows the anim going raffi?

Raffi
07-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Shanto just said he wanted a background, but I presume he wanted one from you?

I don't know.

And I haven't been able to animate much on the anim D:

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Gah. Remember I said use a black stick?
That's not the main character =]
And you also said that someone can change or whatever when they enter the room, the just have to leave as a black stick also.

Mesmay
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
ohk.
Phew, I thought I was gonna have to reject the entry then =O

Rather Cheesy
07-06-2008, 03:45 PM
The sticks you're using seem awfully small, demi. I intend the template for a stick twice that size >_>

But whatever, I'm sure it'll come out fine so long as Mesmay can find a way to put them in the right order so the decrease in size isn't as noticeable...

Or perhaps we could add a section to the animation that explains that every room in the castle tends to have different effects on the people in the room, and that room would just be the shrink room =P

Motencu
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Can i give it a try?

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 05:22 PM
The sticks you're using seem awfully small, demi. I intend the template for a stick twice that size >_>

But whatever, I'm sure it'll come out fine so long as Mesmay can find a way to put them in the right order so the decrease in size isn't as noticeable...

Or perhaps we could add a section to the animation that explains that every room in the castle tends to have different effects on the people in the room, and that room would just be the shrink room =P
lol, he's just small in that frame.

Rather Cheesy
07-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Now I'm confused and intrigued...

Drifts
07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Heres my screeny for the intro

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1567/driftssppcollabwh5.png (http://imageshack.us)

p.s: i have not got Vista, its just a vista skin, i actually got windows XP

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Wow drifts, the stick looks gay and like it's going to be poorly animated IMO. I haven't seen any of your work though, so I will not judge.

The scenery looks ****ing awesome. Good Job.

Drifts
07-06-2008, 05:33 PM
-_-" imma slap you right now.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
lol, sorry, I just don't like the smoothness you set your brush to while drawing it.

Drifts
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Whats wrong with it, mine is set on 50 smoothness, is mine to wobbly? Or to straight?

stickmasterx
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
It looks fine. Don't worry about it.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Looks a bit too wobbly, but that's just my opinion, you don't have to change any of it.

stickmasterx
07-06-2008, 06:08 PM
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6682/screenshotdg0.png

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM
wow, I like the blood.
Can't wait to see your entry.

Drifts, fix the shadow of the rock. It goes too far to the left, It should come towards the bottom of the screen more instead of being that far t the left.

Drifts
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
But look at the position of the sun, it isn't directly poportionally vertical towards the rock, its more in a diagonal direction.

Edit: Oh wait your right, but i can't be bothered lol

Deathwish
07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I have 60 frames done, just need to iron out this one kink and i'll be on my way.

Mine involves a giant boulder, a wizard and zombies.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
My last Update until completion.
FPS: 12(I will double frame everything and put it on 24 when complete)
RunTime: 12- 37.2 seconds 24- 18.6 seconds
Layers: 26
ItemsInLibrary: 145
Frames: 447

Here's for your visual orgasms: http://www.antiup.net/view/7405/
I already know every single slightest detail that is wrong with it, so no need to let me know.

Here's something to look for, in the last 9 frames, there's a MC of a grey stick running, why oh why would I have to make that a movie clip? :]

Deathwish
07-06-2008, 07:56 PM
My last Update until completion.
FPS: 12(I will double frame everything and put it on 24 when complete)
RunTime: 12- 37.2 seconds 24- 18.6 seconds
Layers: 26
ItemsInLibrary: 145
Frames: 447

Here's for your visual orgasms: http://www.antiup.net/view/7405/
I already know every single slightest detail that is wrong with it, so no need to let me know.

Here's something to look for, in the last 9 frames, there's a MC of a grey stick running, why oh why would I have to make that a movie clip? :]

Holy shit, that was insane.
And i thought having a wizard in mine was far out, you had a ****ing tentacle monster.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 07:58 PM
TBH, when I read your post, I wanted a wizard, lol.

Deathwish
07-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I 'unno if this is against the rules but whatever.
http://www.antiup.net/view/7418/

It's not done, tell me if it's any good or not because i think it sucks.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Not bad. The only thing that annoyed me about it was the fire movie clip in the background, it rarely moved at all. Everything else is good.

Deathwish
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Not bad. The only thing that annoyed me about it was the fire movie clip in the background, it rarely moved at all. Everything else is good.

Lol Mesmay made the bg for me.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Yes, I could tell from the screenshot of Mesmay's entry.
The fire is good, but I just think it's lazy.
You should defiantly modify it if you get the time, It would make it look better, IMO.

Another thing you should modify(If you want to), is just go onto the frame with the bolder when it's halfway down the slope, and add a blur filter to it, only for one or 2 frames. If you do, it should be 2X 2Y. So it doesn't look stupid.

Just suggestions to add more detail to the animation. =]

Rather Cheesy
07-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I like the pileup of bricks you added to your entry Demi. Its good use of my template ^_^

I'll start work on mine soon, probably tuesday/wedsdayish

Deathwish
07-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I like the pileup of bricks you added to your entry Demi. Its good use of my template ^_^

I'll start work on mine soon, probably tuesday/wedsdayish

Fine, don't comment mine : (

stickmasterx
07-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Didn't Mesmay say not to post your parts? Oh well lol. Doesn't matter I guess. They looked pretty cool.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow, I ****ed something up, and now I have to re-animate my Vcam, again. That sucks =[

He said we cannot make threads or put them onto other websites.
Well, one more spoiler can't hurt.
http://www.antiup.net/view/7440/
Blood MC

SNL
07-07-2008, 12:57 AM
lol, 2 secs in ill post a screeny 2morrow

Schwa
07-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Fine, don't comment mine : (

Don't worry, it sucks as bad as you think it does.

=]

Paco
07-07-2008, 01:00 AM
for song what about like,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TNYgNpAX__M
or anything by them.

Arch-Angel
07-07-2008, 01:10 AM
It could work.
I got a pretty cool Idea for the menu, though I suck at ActionScript.
Okay, so the main character enters the castle, Well, for the selection screen, it should be like a side scroller. One arow pointing left, one pointing right, In the center is an open door which plays the whole animation. there are doors on each side of the main door and above them is a sign for who's entry it is, this would be your scene selector.

If you don't understand, I could draw something up in flash as an example.
but the point is, when you hover over an arrow, like the left arrow. The screen moves to the left like you're turning your head.

Paco
07-07-2008, 01:22 AM
i could do it if someone would just draw it, i get what your saying,
like you walk the character left and right and press up to enter one of several doors along a wall?

actually if you draw it ill give you the AS, its simple.

i see what your saying, someone should draw it and talk to me on msn and i will help.

Arch-Angel
07-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Not like a sidescroller game. Just moveing side to side to view the doors, like moving a Vcam if you think about it like that. Just so you can see what is off screen, the AS for clicking the doors to take you to a certain frame is simple, I know that AS. Just to move side to side for a cooler effect for the animation.

Paco
07-07-2008, 01:37 AM
idk whatever, but if you need any help.
also dude me and my band are going to cover your sig.

Mesmay
07-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Well I like the idea of the guy walking in =3

No, but when you go into the scene select, you can just walk through the castle to the point which you want.
(And by the way, dont worry, I can do the AS >_> Im not that dumb. I can make simple platformers)

And it'd be like a long corridor, with doors along the back wall, with names over the doors, and you just have to press up when in front of a door to enter. Seems pretty cool to me.

Also you could have little trapdoors which lead onto extras, you know that kinda thing but theyre harder to find...

Looks like Im going to have to find something to make mine interesting and original. Giant Battle laser cannon robot? Sure why not =D

Arch-Angel
07-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Good idea Mesmay.
My army of puppets agrees.
http://www.antiup.net/view/7460/

SNL
07-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Ok, this is like THE best song for this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FfEJU4KUEkk&feature=related

its called Transylvania by Iron Maiden. Although its instrumental its stil a crazy good song, for this. I think it matches perfectly to the theme and gives a decent amount of time to makea good intro.

T Man
07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
ew, that song is hideous snl.. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZwZjH-v4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Nz1Je89qY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkbIE62uDhE

there isn't a better video of that one... just go to "the sharktopus" myspace. cuz that song will fit great.

SNL
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Dude c'mon none of those songs come close to fitting, i think my choice is good. I mean everybody has there choice of music, and im cool with that, but if your going to choose music like that choose something that goes well with the theme.

Also, i want to here mesmay's opinion on the song choice

T Man
07-07-2008, 12:23 PM
wtf, are you kidding with me?

your song is really really dull and hella slow.

the songs i suggested have an epic build up and then it's hardcore. but w/e floats your boat.

If it's a fighting theme, then how the hell does a dull music work with it? hardcore is a must. plus, nothing fits with iron maiden, it's ****ing old.

SNL
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, im not saying i dont like alternative rock i just prefer not to have a screamo song. Yes, iron maiden is old this was back when they had there first singer aswell (1970's) but the collab is based on medieval stuff, it would sound really weird if you have some new aged screamo in it thats all. Try to find a pleasing instrumental song, i think no singing would be best.

T Man
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
if you're wanting a medieval song, than find some flute music, that's their music from way back then.

old music wouldn't fit with this imo.

it would just make the collab seem VERY boring.

what's wrong with screamo? i mean, there's gonna be blood and gore in the collab, then whats wrong with screamo? as strife said with A Skylit Drive.

new age rock would bring this collab up, and make it more exciting, rather than a boring song.

Mesmay
07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
SNL- I suck at music choices. Idk... um. Attack, SOAD?
lmao thats how much I suck at choosing music.

SNL
07-07-2008, 02:24 PM
I didnt mean medieval music... How bout scum of the earth by rob zombie that song is pretty cool, and its fast so. If not then ill find something to float your boat and mine (hopefully)

SNL
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
SNL- I suck at music choices. Idk... um. Attack, SOAD?
lmao thats how much I suck at choosing music.

Accually SOAD wouldn't be too bad. Ill have to look at a few songs but i think the could satisfy our thirst for a good song choice :>

p.s sorry for double post!

Paco
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
ew, that song is hideous snl.. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZwZjH-v4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Nz1Je89qY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkbIE62uDhE

there isn't a better video of that one... just go to "the sharktopus" myspace. cuz that song will fit great.

Umm? did you just insult the maiden, if so you really need to learn some ****ing music.

http://www.myspace.com/endthecentury
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAagedeKdcQ
http://www.myspace.com/augustburnsred

SNL
07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Lol, I thought it would be a good song choice but idk maybe not...

Arch-Angel
07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Paco, shut the **** up and stop acting like a child.
We cannot really decide on a music choice until the collab is put together.

Though it won't hurt to throw some suggestions out there.
I personally think Chaoz Impact from Newgrounds would play good during the collab.

Link- http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/152047

Mesmay
07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Well Attack by SOAD might not be the best idea anyway because of that long bit at the start... Unless the intro is pretty long.

@Demi- Hm, it very short, although I do like it... You see, this is the problem- we dont know how long the anim is, so we cant really choose any atm anyway.
(Although we can hazard guesses and pick music at around that length)

Paco
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
last one,
http://www.myspace.com/asilaydying

ok bye thread.

SNL
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM
For SOAD, i would say

1. Attack (ask someone who knows how to edit a song.)

2. Highway Song (freakin awesome but has a tad slow parts)

3. U-fig (has a 17 sec intro once again just edit it)

Misc.

1. Fuel-Metallica

2. Eyeless-Slipknot

3. Scream-Slipknot

4. Don't Get Close-Slipknot

Thats it for now

Schwa
07-07-2008, 03:40 PM
I suggest you have someone Exilement/The Jawz/Audix/Krob (ahha, just kidding) make some music for the collab once it's done. That way the music could perfectly match the pace of the animation and it would be purely instrumental so stupid words don't get in the way.

Mesmay
07-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Yeah, we considered that originally, but then we cant have that as a definate option. We cant force them to make some.

leo4life
07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
hey mesmay, is your pm box full? you dont reply to any of my pms.

Schwa
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, we considered that originally, but then we cant have that as a definate option. We cant force them to make some.

Well didn't exilement volunteer anyways?

I think most of them would jump at the chance because their getting their epic music in an epic animation that represents an entire community.

And I know making a song, from what I've heard from Audix, it doesn't take that long, maybe like 3-4 hours.

BloodFruit
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Ok wow,

Frames: 330
Layers: 22
Items: 71
Length: 13.7 seconds
Double Spaced.

Well this was my longest animation, and it is also my first real animation in over four months.

So it turned out a lot better than I thought.

http://www.swfme.com/view/1248432

Sparco
07-08-2008, 05:02 PM
can i still enter this one?

Rather Cheesy
07-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok wow,

Double Spaced.

Well this was my longest animation, and it is also my first real animation in over four months.

You twisted the animation in the last shot. the door looks all weird and stuff, its kinda choppy to, but thats to be expected when double spaced, why don't you just go over it again with onion skins and smooth it out? 330 frames isn't that much. [compared to 4320 frames for the SPP contest >_>] I liked how you made that room green and all the enemy sticks green as well. Are you allowed to have a different color filled head for the main character though?

Schwa
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok wow,

Double Spaced.

The punches were majorly choppy.

BloodFruit
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
The punches were majorly choppy.
well i tried to make a slow mo effect. It turned out kinda wierd.

SNL
07-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Just go back and undo what seem to be quadruple frames.

Mesmay
07-09-2008, 03:04 PM
can i still enter this one?

yeah, i already put you in ages ago.

Sparco
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
yeah, i already put you in ages ago.

liar :V .

Mesmay
07-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Yeah I just checked >_>
sorry. Well I added you now :)

BloodFruit
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Better?

http://www.swfme.com/view/1014402

Rather Cheesy
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
it still seems a little choppy around the punches and the smoke bomb. also whats with the black behind the doors?

Checkers
07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Put me in as quit. I'm too busy. :|

BloodFruit
07-10-2008, 05:18 PM
it still seems a little choppy around the punches and the smoke bomb. also whats with the black behind the doors?

Yeah I know it is, its getting me really frustrated.

What black?

EDIT: Oh i see. Uhm I dont know. Should I remove it?

Rather Cheesy
07-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't see why its there... I say remove it.

BloodFruit
07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.swfme.com/view/1136322

Ok Im done fixing it, Im semi happy with it.

Rather Cheesy
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
It still seems choppy to me, mainly when he moves his arm down after the punch till the end of the smoke bomb.

Mesmay
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Deathwish, you can edit the front post right? Well I wont be here for a week or so, so can I leave you in control of the thread for the week?
Thanks. (if the answer is yes >_>)

Also TMan its up to you to accept or reject animations remember? At the end of the week Ill show you the entries so far, and then you can judge them...

Kensei
07-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Dammn my brain is sssssooo tired right now... eerrrrmmmmm whens the due date T__T...?

LN3uq
07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
I will start mine in three days.

Rather Cheesy
07-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I really haven't been in an animating mood recently. I'm still sorta drained from the SPP contest. I'll get around to it after my animators block clears up... -__-

T Man
07-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Can't wait to see everyones thingy's so far.

I'll start soon, just haven't been in the mood. I may do fullbody, idk.

Ssjbryando
07-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Oh right, I still need to make this one =P I already have a bg I think (<3 alive) and gonna make an extra room, and make it long. IF the due date isn't to close >_>

Raffi
07-12-2008, 02:31 AM
urgh, I'm never going to get around to starting this. Fucking school.

Count me out.

SNL
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
School?! How the hell do you have school?

My first one corrupted so I have to re-start, but its no biggy :D

Deathwish
07-12-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm restarting mine, **** wizard fight.

Yeah, i'll update it and shit.
PEOPLE WHEN YOU ARE DONE PM ME SO I CAN UPDATE THE FRONT PAGE!

stickmasterx
07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Does it matter if we post the anim in this thread or should i just send the file to mesmay through a pm?

Deathwish
07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Send through a pm, pm me aswell lol.

T Man
07-12-2008, 02:14 PM
And me, i'm one of the ppl that hte animation has to get through. C:

i'm a toughy to please.

stickmasterx
07-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Blargh for some reason Savefile will not accept my file :/
I'll pm you guys the SWF for now to make sure its accepted (I'm assuming it will be ...) but just to be sure.

LN3uq
07-12-2008, 02:35 PM
www.megaupload.com

Schwa
07-12-2008, 03:14 PM
www.sendspace.com is more easier.

Kensei
07-12-2008, 06:47 PM
And me, i'm one of the ppl that hte animation has to get through. C:

i'm a toughy to please.

RAWR TMan is like the new simon cowell I dont think I stand a chance now =[

Mr.Pancake
07-14-2008, 03:42 AM
use http://upl.iwgupl.info/ it's handy.

I'll eat T-man alive :C C:

Kitsune
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I would like to enter. Now I have 2 things to do. Nice to be animating again. :3

Mr.Pancake
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
theres no due yet right?

Mesmay
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
IM BACK c:

Mr.Pancake
07-17-2008, 03:47 PM
HARRO MASMAY :3

here's a little screenshot to keep you guys satisfied :V

http://antiup.net/file/7ujcvsjicgsvnf9_castles.jpg

Rather Cheesy
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Nice, Sparco, I like how the castle has the cartoony look to it. ^_^

I've been animating a little more recently, I'm, for the most part, out of my animators block. But I still haven't started on this yet cause I just got TF2 and I've been playing it for awhile =P

LN3uq
07-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, now I will begin, since the sl collab is over

Mr.Pancake
07-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Nice, Sparco, I like how the castle has the cartoony look to it. ^_^

I've been animating a little more recently, I'm, for the most part, out of my animators block. But I still haven't started on this yet cause I just got TF2 and I've been playing it for awhile =P

please call me pancake :V

TF2 NEEDS TO WAIT DEAR SIR. ANIMATE MOAR : D

Rather Cheesy
07-17-2008, 06:17 PM
But the backstabs, I must backstab more... And what about the headshots?! And the sentries!? Don't you think they need me to!? *crys*

ONTOPIC:

Ok I'll get to work soon, I just gots to think of what I want our SPP Collab hero to face in my room...

I'm thinking necromancer =D [FYI: A necromancer is a wizard who summons the dead. EX: Skeletons, Zombies, Mummys, etc.]

SNL
07-17-2008, 06:39 PM
im starting my bg for the 4th time lol.

Drifts
07-18-2008, 06:24 AM
OHHH sheeeezzzz, i totally forgot about the SPP collab until i saw the SL collab come out, i should be able to finish in maximum 5 days

-Hawk-
07-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Erm... is only NTG done ? Has the first page been updated ?

BloodFruit
07-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Erm... is only NTG done ? Has the first page been updated ?

I finished, just never sent in the .fla.

Sunder Forge
07-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Can I try to do one? a stick breaks into a giants castle?

Schwa
07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
He has to already be inside the castle though.

And the Giant would be like a boss, not the boss.