PDA

View Full Version : The Rush

Cha05Walking
06-30-2013, 12:38 PM
this isnt new
but it works
short and medium maps
swordwarth and archidon start, by the time the archidon is done loading comes your first income
buy another sword immediately after you press the attack command, when your archers has caught up with your sword, the opponent now either tries to counter with his own swords but ultimately fails because you keep making swords, and overwhelm him, or . . .
your opponent turtles with a castle archer
if your opponent does this see my harrassing the economy strat
i beat 2 favored opponents with this
my rating is currently 1673

here is one replay against favored oppponent: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1718122&version=1.66

vs. Savage Stick (friendly match): www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1718355&version=1.66

hehe

SavageStick
06-30-2013, 01:04 PM
HMP! what do u do if the opponet turtles with castle archer. Killing and severely injuring your units.

Cha05Walking
06-30-2013, 01:05 PM
see my harrassing the economy strat

and few people get castle archer right off anyways, unless they know what was coming like you did

say something good about this before i post my win against you

FailingAtFailing
06-30-2013, 03:46 PM
What if they mass archers and kite your swords? Kiting archers is deadly against swords, since swords can barely catch up to them, if at all. Rage helps, but eventually swords become obsolete when you try to attack their castle with castle archers.

Plus, if they get a magikill and know how to use it, all the money you spent on swords is now rendered useless and the magikill can still be useful. If you rush the magikill with your swords, well, electric wall on self, any swords coming near get killed in like 2 seconds. Then they poison your swords and if you are battling for the center on a longer map, it is more than likely you will lose your swords.

Also, if an opponent does the 2 swords with rage start, it's very likely they can kill your initial sword, or atleast do some damage to it before your archer comes. Then they get more swords with rage and rush your archer, it gets killed, then your swords follow soon, or they can even lure back to their castle where they could have a castle archer to gain an even larger advantage.

Also, never press the attack button, manually control your melee units to focus on one target, much better in EVERY situation.

Cha05Walking
06-30-2013, 06:36 PM
wats up with these "whatifs"

maybe i should tell tell you that if this rush works the game only lasts a couple minutes

and they will not have enough swords to take me down, and rage will not have taken effect by the time i have over powered you

i like pressing the attck button and then pressing space, attck button gets them going faster and pressing space allows me to manually control them if i need to