PDA

View Full Version : PointLess [Full length]

07-01-2013, 11:53 AM
http://filz.us/Kpn

:D I tryed to get it sponsered but stone said no. yup......... oh yeah get ready for pointless 2

PivotBlimp
07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Cool animation I suppose, but I'm not really a fan of that style. More of a realism guy, that's just me tho.

JanRavnik
07-01-2013, 02:53 PM
This looks a lot like Shock to me, just different colors and a different background.
The overall animation is good though, great job, keep it up c:

Cruel
07-01-2013, 09:31 PM
This looks a lot like Shock to me, just different colors and a different background.
The overall animation is good though, great job, keep it up c:

I disagree completely, shock was strictly 2d and was focused on a 1 vs. many concept. This was 1v1 with multiple angles. Not similar at all.

As for the animation, it was smooth and your angles weren't bad, but it seemed very stop and go. Your cinematography could use some work as well as your 2d combat. I got lost in a few parts of it as well because the pink guy blended into the background sometimes. All in all a very good completed animation. Good job.

Stickly
07-01-2013, 11:12 PM
you have improved so much <3

Scarecrow
07-01-2013, 11:31 PM
animation is decent overall, and it's a nice fight. your slow motion needs some more attention

but if you're wondering why you didn't get sponsored...
- worst music choice ever
- you didn't bother to finish it?

Arch-Angel
07-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah honestly the lack of sponsorship is no surprise at all. It's hardly a "full length", it's wobbly as fuck, short as fuck, and very repetitive and not that entertaining.

07-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Okay then I'll try to fix it lol. But I kinda like the music.

Julermud
07-02-2013, 06:16 AM

it's not representable for stickpage...it's a bit too short for my taste, and the bg is too simple....overall, it lacks effort for it to be "sponsorship worthy"

sorry.

Harleyg
07-02-2013, 06:18 AM
I enjoyed it a lot :p

Scarecrow
07-02-2013, 07:51 AM

well you're free to like whatever music you want, but music about girls standing in the line for the bathroom does not suit a stick figure fight at all. and for the record, i was very tempted to just stop watching as soon as i heard the music, just because i hated it so much. you need to consider what your audience wants to listen to when they're watching your animation, not just stick a song you like in there.

07-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Okey got it. :)

Cobalt
07-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I think different music, and different text choices would have given it a much more professional feel. A different choice for background color, and increasing the length would have also helped. Overall it was a nice effort, and I liked the parkour scene. Keep it up, try your best, and your next one will surely get sponsored. :)

ZABI
07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
YOU THANKED ME WHOOOOO!!!
Im important. You just earned yourself some stuff. Nice animation man.

Ezy
07-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Yea the music choice wasn't the best. Usually less words is better in a song for animation in most cases. I do like the style though, the aggressive running part was cool. I know you were tying to sync the music to the attacks but the slow-mo kinda killed the progress of the animation. None the less congrats on finishing an animation, I know how hard that is alone. Keep practicing, and try some more. Good job 270

07-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks lol :D

Pox
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
I liked all of it: music, animation, style, all good in my book. Maybe if it was a little longer and had a better synching song it would be sponsored. But still very enjoyable to watch.

Telepurte
07-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Not too shabby, but,
Too many stills!
When you say sponsor, I assume it goes on the front page or something, however this is seriously lacking oh so much action for being a stick figure based animation. Say one mentions "Stick figure" to the inexperienced ear, they think of fighting and action. Sure the angles were cool but not many people want to see a stickfigure just standing there from different points of view for around three seconds or so.
Another thing I noticed is that you used the same scream sound three times. It helps to have a good repertoire of sound effects to aide you in animation.
It was fairly good though