PDA

View Full Version : successfull opening builds for big meduim and small sized maps, middle game

Cha05Walking
07-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Big maps
buy one sword and two miners
after swordwrath has loaded take tower
buy more miners
keep an eye out as the sword makes its way to the tower, if you see another sword kill it

Medium maps
buy two swords and one miner
get the miner on gold
wait until both swordwraths have loaded, this is a necessary precaution as you may be encountering an archer and sword if this happens kill the archer
see a sword, kill it, do not chase it, just take the tower
if nothing stands in your way take the tower and attack, retreating if necessary

Small maps
buy an archer and sword followed by another sword
attack with no hesitation as soon as the archer has caught up with the sword
continue buying swords while effectively fighting off the enemies forces
if they have castle archer you can make the choice to either waiting until your what- two swords?, are done loading and destroy the enemy miners, or cancel their loads take tower and go to middle game

Middle game
buy miners until you have 8 mining and two praying, two miners come making you 1 hundred something gold, command the next two miners to pray(they finish bringing in their gold, buy an archer), keep in mind this needs to happen sometime in between the two miners that are loading, buy ghost, buy spearton, make it so when every spearton loads you have two archers loading having your growing army attack with each ghost, soon your opponents army and/or economy will cripple
once you have enough firepower, go straight for the enemies statue or miners, with every ghost
Note: if your opponent can turtle effectively, thus nullifying your army, then you have made a mistake somewhere

FailingAtFailing
07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
I like an archer and a miner on grass hills. With all that room to kite, archers can be pretty effective.

Medium maps I like Archer and Sword, good offensive to take the middle and do some early harassing to either kill a miner or two, giving me and economic advantage, since my miners will still be mining while his are retreating or dying. Or I force him to buy a castle archer which is countered fairly easily and is 300 gold that could've been miners or units.

Short Maps, same as medium maps or rage swords all the way.

I find that a powerful offensive is very important in Stick Empires.

Cha05Walking
07-13-2013, 05:59 PM
yes, but a powerful offensive is easily countered by a powerful defensive
balance is the answer
tho, yes, you do want to be slightly more on the offensive for it lets you capture the tower giving you the advantage so long as you are not too far behind on ecomomy

and hey, can any one help me for strategy for long maps, these giant massers are killing me

merich1
07-13-2013, 07:07 PM
balance is the answer
tho, yes, you do want to be slightly more on the offensive for it lets you capture the tower giving you the advantage so long as you are not too far behind on ecomomy

and hey, can any one help me for strategy for long maps, these giant massers are killing me

Giant massers? Screw them, use the FIRST strategy you posted on the forums and Spearton rush them. Make sure you wait until they attack before you rush them.

Wyrmspawn
07-14-2013, 04:49 AM
When I giant mass, I usually have a magikill just for that purpose... and it's easy to miss the magikill hiding at the top of the screen behind the giants. They have the same movement speed as well, so even when they're moving, it's hard to see it unless you're looking for it.

merich1
07-14-2013, 07:18 AM
When I giant mass, I usually have a magikill just for that purpose... and it's easy to miss the magikill hiding at the top of the screen behind the giants. They have the same movement speed as well, so even when they're moving, it's hard to see it unless you're looking for it.

You can rush past the Mage. That's why you have to make sure they've attacked first. When you bring the Mage in, it's too slow to get back and kill all the Spears. That's why the strat works.

Of course, there's always the SECONDARY method of leaving your Mage at your base. However, when you do that, the Giants fall to your Spears. So basically, Spear mass beats Giant Mass.

Wyrmspawn
07-14-2013, 09:02 AM
What about swordwrath mass?

Swordwrath with rage are even more effective at killing giants.

jerrytt
07-14-2013, 09:17 AM
What about swordwrath mass?

Swordwrath with rage are even more effective at killing giants.

spearton rushing means going past the army and killing their statue.

FailingAtFailing
07-14-2013, 10:16 AM
balance is the answer

Giants are slow, electric wall is harder to dodge for them. Electric wall does tons of damage so get a giant or two of your own to guard some magikill that will wreck giants with poison, explosions and electric walls. Albows with blazing bolts wreck armoured units and giants count as armoured units. I think 6 albows with blazing bolts can take out a fully grown giant in about 6-9 volleys. I know just 3 albows with blazing bolts can kill a spearton in 2 or less volleys depending on if they have merics.

fhtrg
07-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Giants are slow, electric wall is harder to dodge for them. Electric wall does tons of damage so get a giant or two of your own to guard some magikill that will wreck giants with poison, explosions and electric walls. Albows with blazing bolts wreck armoured units and giants count as armoured units. I think 6 albows with blazing bolts can take out a fully grown giant in about 6-9 volleys. I know just 3 albows with blazing bolts can kill a spearton in 2 or less volleys depending on if they have merics.Or you can use shadowrath against them. 2 can kill 1 fully grown enslaved giant.

FailingAtFailing
07-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Or you can use shadowrath against them. 2 can kill 1 fully grown enslaved giant.

What? You do realize this won't apply when there are multiple giants. Which I am sure is what Giant Mass is.

ShadowGeneralChaos
07-15-2013, 03:05 AM
ok....Inecer use 2 swords 1 miner somehow.... I only use 2 miners 1 sword, 1 sword 1 archer or 1 archer one miner.....

Oh and: It is a must to have "Rage"..... Remember our last match: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1870803&version=1.68

merich1
07-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Giant massing is weak to 2 Giants and a Meric mass. I have tested this.

FailingAtFailing
07-15-2013, 09:14 AM

Giant mass usually has a few merics to go along with it. I commonly saw something like 7-10 giants with the rest filled with merics.

I would say giant mass would be weak to sword mass or albow mass with 2 supporting giants, since albows with blazing bolts rips through armour, which giants apparently have.

jerrytt
07-15-2013, 10:52 AM

And all they need is 1 magikill

Cha05Walking
07-15-2013, 02:03 PM
And all they need is 1 magikill

of course
but i would use two just to be safe

xanderman222222
07-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Ok,too stop giant massing,buy 5 speartons,3 magikill a giant and a ghost giant,along with some mericais.

Cha05Walking
07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
sounds about right
spearton rush doesnt work when they have miner walls for some reason, if you tell them to attck statue they just keep runnung back and forth betwwen the enemy attcking you and miner walls
and so many miners a new one comes up each time the first is destroyed, and sometimes they leave a magikill behind too

xanderman222222
07-15-2013, 03:49 PM
sounds about wrong
spearton rush doesnt work when they have miner walls for some reason, if you tell them to attck statue they just keep runnung back and forth betwwen the enemy attcking you and miner walls
and so many miners a new one comes up each time the first is destroyed, and sometimes they leave a magikill behind too

Hey,i was right :( i hate that bug too tho XD

Cha05Walking
07-15-2013, 04:11 PM
i said right, but for someone reason your quote says wrong, you were totally right, dont know why your quote says wrong

FailingAtFailing
07-15-2013, 04:14 PM
sounds about right

Wait, so you're implying that when you spear rush you just select all your spears then their statue? Wow, I always watch my units, like come on.....

xanderman222222
07-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Wait, so you're implying that when you spear rush you just select all your spears then their statue? Wow, I always watch my units, like come on.....

Thats about it...

xanderman222222
07-15-2013, 04:33 PM
i said wrong, but for someone reason your quote says right, you were totally wrong, dont know why your quote says right

Ok,i guess im wrong then :,(

40fy
07-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Magikill, two giants, five spears, four merics, and 3 shadowraths with shinobi 2 beat giant mass. (up to four giants). Also, remember that giants take 40 seconds to build, so continuously attacking their army is a good way to ensure victory. Because you army takes far less time to produce, you can take the tower spawn, and once you get tower spawn II its a pretty easy victory.

Cha05Walking
07-18-2013, 01:44 PM
i massed magikill, 10 of them with two giants against about 6-8 giants, i just targeted their statue, taking down both their statues health and at least some of your enemies

xanderman222222
07-18-2013, 03:16 PM
i massed magikill, 1 of them with two giants against about 7-10 giants, i just targeted their statue, taking down both their statues health and at least some of your enemies. I lost.

lol u should have gotten 10 magikills and cool he had 7-10 giants wow

Cha05Walking
07-18-2013, 03:28 PM
lol u should have gotten 10 magikills and cool he had 7-10 giants wow

geez, i meant 10 not one
i dont know how it would be possible otherwise
and i won
i think someones messing with my posts
and i said 6-8 not 7-10
wat the heck

xanderman222222
07-18-2013, 04:10 PM
geez, i meant 0 not one
i dont know how it would be possible otherwise
and i won
i think someones messing with my posts
and i said 8-12 not 7-10
wat the heck

Well i dont see how either,with 0 magikill and him having 12 giants,how did u win?

Cha05Walking
07-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Well i dont see how either,with 0 magikill and him having 12 giants,how did u win?
i freaking said 10 magikill
why does your quote say that i said 0?!
and i said 6-8 giants
someone is messing with my stuff

xanderman222222
07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
i freaking said 0 magikill
why does your quote say that i said 0?!
and i said 12-14 giants
someone is messing with my stuff

dude,calm down just get 10 magikill and not 0 and dont let him get 14 gaints next time k?

Cha05Walking
07-21-2013, 11:23 AM
i find that an archer and miner start works better than a two swords and one miner start on a medium map now

FailingAtFailing
07-21-2013, 11:40 AM
i find that an archer and miner start works better than a two swords and one miner start on a medium map now

If you kite well and the game isn't lagging too bad (which I find can mess up kiting with timing and all) then one archer is better than 2 swords but not as good as 3 swords, but if they get rage archers are useless.