PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this will discourage Ninja Massing...

Maxchiang .
07-16-2013, 07:50 AM
So, the past couple days, I've been seeing new players (in the 1800s) that think they are good, massing Ninjas (And that is probably why they are in the 1800s). They get like 7-8 ninjas, and tear through most armies, because no one knows how to counter it.

Well, heres how. The map I will be explaining this on is GrassLands, the hardest one to counter. This is what you do against a ninja masser.

First, you do your usual opening; 2 swords 1 miner. Secure center (Taylork will spam swords until center has been secured, Chiropal gives up after 4-5 swords die).
Check that they are about to ninja mass; After you secured center, proceed to their base to check what they have. These ninja massers will have 3 things; 4-5 miners praying and castle archer. THIS MEANS THAT THEY ARE NINJA MASSING!
Build up your eco, spamming Swords and Albows. Get Early towerspawn (about 30 sec after u see their base); there won't be any resistance (they are too busy ninja massing).
Rage should be already upgraded; and blazing bolts should be purchased after 1st albow comes out.
Have 4-5 Miners on praying, and 10-12 miners mining.
After you spam swords and albows, get 1-2 merlics and if you have extra money, a Giant.
Proceed to pressure him with Albows and Swords constantly lowering their ninja health.
Learn how to micro albows, in case they get archers.

When your giant reaches their base, push for game.
"GG"

You can apply this strategy to some known ninja massers, such as Chiporal and Taylork2. If they use their ninja Mass strategy, it ensures you an easy win using this "how to Counter Ninja"

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1888466&version=1.68

BuddyLucky2
07-16-2013, 08:48 AM
I support :p

You did a nice job, SLAUGHTERING NINJA! :)

Maxchiang .
07-16-2013, 09:39 AM
xD No one should ninja spam; its worse than Giant spamming.

SavageStick
07-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Lol but theres no way to tell if their really ninja massing. What if they only use like 3 and they just happen to create those units first.

Damian
07-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Why would anyone Ninja mass? That's stupid. Ninjas would work much better with other units. Anway, nice guide, I hope you end this stupidity.

Maxchiang .
07-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Lol but theres no way to tell if their really ninja massing. What if they only use like 3 and they just happen to create those units first.

Why in the world would you EVER build 3 ninjas before you have your army ready?
Ninjas are support, not backbone. Their use is to neutralize enemy mortar crew/chemical agents (magikill) and enemy medics.
Once you've been playing as long as I have, you can easily tell what someone <2k rank is planning to do.

I hope you end this stupidity.

Hope so; it wastes so much time on grasslands.

fhtrg
07-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Ninja massing is smart if you attack there statue because of high damage and ability to shinobi through there army.

I get 2 spears in front of my miners if I ninja mass to make them suspect I'm not ninja massing. But I don't ninja mass now because now that I'm a higher rank, more people can counter it.

FailingAtFailing
07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Might I also add, 2 walls will stop any ninja rush to your base, as most ninja massers might not micro their ninjas and they will all shinobi the wall at once or something and then your castle archer can cause them to retreat.

Spamming Low Health units like swords (as you said) is definately the way to go, since their shinobi will then be wasted. Good guide man!

Dazzy
07-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Well, I've gone against a ninja masser and I was originally going for a spearton/albowtross with some merics and magikills mixed in but after seeing the ninja mass, I reverted to mass albowtross and proceeded to swoop in, snipe a miner, get out, meric heal, and so on until his economy was completely destroyed and his ninjas were rendered obsolete. Unfortunately I lag forfeited the game, but overall albowtross is basically how you win.

Maxchiang .
07-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Ninja massing is smart.

This is why I don't often post strategies; people make comments like these.

Might I also add, 2 walls will stop any ninja rush to your base, as most ninja massers might not micro their ninjas and they will all shinobi the wall at once or something and then your castle archer can cause them to retreat.

This is true; often, while your T-72/Apache are pushing for game, they will often attempt a suicide mission to neutralize your statue. As the only viable map to ninja mass is grasslands, they have enough time to shinobi past your forces, rush at statue, and shinobi down any wall as they get to your base.

Fortunately, you also have time to get 2 Castle Snipers (10 sec, and 17 sec, for 700 gold), and maybe even a magikill. While they are attacking, garrison all but 2 miners; as on as a wall is offline, build another one. Your castle archers should be tearing through his ninjas. With your magikill hidden in your castle (but still able to attack), cast spells in this order

E-Wall: At the statue
Mortar: A little bit in front of the statue (assuming they know what they are doing, they retreated a little at E wall), and are just coming back in.
Chemical Agents: Along with your castle archers, this spell cleans up any ninjas left lying around

Sometime after 1st/2nd wall has been taken down, get resilience. With your extra cash, purchase more Apaches, Deltas, and Medics. If your T-72s and Apaches havn't finished game, secure center and dig in until you have more resources.

Note: As I have been doing live commentary on my SE games, Swords are known as Delta squad, Albows are Apaches (or birds), and Giants are T-72 (or Heavy Armor).

FailingAtFailing
07-17-2013, 12:29 PM
I was a little confused about the apaches and deltas until your last sentence lol, but that actually seems like a very viable strategy on grass hills. I've heard that if you want to block a rush, build walls really close to the statue and rebuild them as they're destroyed. Never tried it though.

speartross
07-19-2013, 09:31 PM
impressive....