PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Armistice

stone
07-30-2013, 01:36 PM
New release!
A theatrical music video for the song Armistice by Phoenix.
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/phoenixarmistice.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/phoenixarmistice.shtml)
http://www.stickpage.com/phoenixarmistice.shtml

By: Yun

KidDarkness
07-30-2013, 02:06 PM
This was really great glad it turned out how it did can't wait to see the second part :D great job Yun!

Kodoku
07-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Yessssshhhhh♥ great job, I really love it.

Alien
07-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Nice job YUN!
and of course guz lol.
lmao.

Praetorain
07-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Inspiring indeed..

Tsang
07-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Haha, nice job Yun! This music video was beyond inspiring.

Loving the tune too. It's so lovely. :)

Arch-Angel
07-31-2013, 12:34 AM
I get repeating some things to make things easier, but come on man you were way too obvious in some scenes.

You did a decent job overall with all of the angles and consistency with the visuals. I guess it isn't my type of thing.

Hitsu
07-31-2013, 02:45 AM
Just watched..................So romantic man :D.
The EFX and the storyline were cool.

Veir
07-31-2013, 04:34 AM
Yun didn't count on one thing, I am immune to feelings. Otherwise cool anim, I really liked the angles and the FX were cool. The city scape was surprisingly detailed. Not sure if that's handmade or what. Also that sniper aiming at them as they got in the jeep, what happened to him? Was he the guy who jumped out the window and got shot? If so he's a shitty sniper. I'm rambling now, here's some inspirational words of wisdom from the mighty Veir for you Yun, you're bad at everything you do btw nice anim.

Maroon
07-31-2013, 05:28 AM
Story's kinda cliche and it didn't went into much character depth, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a Stickfigure feature. Animation's nice, so it's nice.

Apex-Predator
08-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Glad I could see this all the way to the end. Nice anim Yun and Guz.

Addio
08-01-2013, 08:54 AM
I really love the way fighting and shooting look serious in a stickman animation, this is something I've never seen before.

Well done, Guz and Yun!!

Notch
08-03-2013, 01:16 AM
i love it, this is fantastic, great sync of the song and actions, the credit song is very good too.
very inspiring, thank you for making this =D

Lethal
08-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Dude, this is so fantastic! Great job Yun.

renZen
08-03-2013, 07:41 AM
this was a great animation . :D great job .

SyaddadKazama
08-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Wow, that was awesome man!!!!
Fantastic! Nice job Yun and Guz.
It's a really excellent music video. :D

Molgera
08-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Great job, Yun! Congrats!

Draves
08-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Story's kinda cliche and it didn't went into much character depth, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a Stickfigure feature. Animation's nice, so it's nice.

True, but I don't think "It's just a stick figure animation" should become an excuse for not having some debth in your animation.

Yun
08-06-2013, 07:42 PM
True, but I don't think "It's just a stick figure animation" should become an excuse for not having some debth in your animation.

Well because I want to make something with the whole original song length, having that option ruins with the actual overall animation depth because you want to have a good balance of a good story and good animation. And because I had a past of over-excessive dialogue and barely any action, it basically focused more on story instead of the animation. So I tried to do more on animation with an understandable story. And now people whine about a cliche story but good animation. This shows how hard it is to make a good animation with a good original story with a 3-minute song.

TyTheGamerGuy
08-06-2013, 09:54 PM
This was beyond amazing. I loved how you did it, Yun. I highly appreciate your animation and how you did this. I was very inspired by this. Good luck in your next animations.

Fordz
08-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Excellent job with the flares Yun, I'd appreciate a tutorial regarding that effect. The rainbow thing was cool too, though at some point the rainbow loop structure was too visible (blow up the roof part), I'd also like a tutorial on making rainbow loops. The fast moving terrain thing was kinda repetitive and constant in speed, it would have been better if it had moved faster each second with an increasing blur effect and a fade out to white effect. I could clearly see Guz's style, when the stick figure entered the door (Guz fan here). The facial details could have been better, it was too simple. Endo's style could be of inspiration to this but it's not really that necessary, I just 'want' it that way. Except facial details, all details (such as mechanical and scenery) were impressive. I admit those details are hard to work with.

Also, this was supposed to be a 'music video' yet the lyrics are or may be illegible to people with poor eyesight. It could have been a bit larger.

That's all, I hope you don't mind me criticizing. :)

Draves
08-07-2013, 04:49 PM
You asked for this..

btw should this be put in a spoiler? Appears quite long lol

Well because I want to make something with the whole original song length, having that option ruins with the actual overall animation depth because you want to have a good balance of a good story and good animation.

I don't really see how wanting to make something with the whole original song length would ruin the depth of an animation.
All you need is the `right´ (putting that into quotation marks because who knows? I bet someone would be able to a create a deep story to a hardcore rock melody) song choice plus the right planning and positioning of passages.

And because I had a past of over-excessive dialogue and barely any action, it basically focused more on story instead of the animation.

Not really seeing how that could be a bad thing, well the trick is to make the dialogue enjoyable through nicely animating the actions taken during such. Not to forget making the actions interesting. Animation and story are much more connected than I think/it seems you know.

Animations tells stories.

So I tried to do more on animation with an understandable story. And now people whine about a cliche story but good animation.

By the way, have you considered that this "whining" might be just people stating their reasonable opinions?

This shows how hard it is to make a good animation with a good original story with a 3-minute song.

Never been doubting that, just as I have never accused you of using the line "it's just a stick figure animation" to excuse the apparent lack of story depth in your and guz' animation.

So basically you replied to a comment that didn't completely refer to you. I guess maybe I could have expressed it better but that prolly doesn't matter anymore.
I might've misunderstood some of your statements as well, correct me if needed and have my apologies.

So uh yea pro-tip: If you wanna make an animation just for entertainment, make it obvious that you're not trying to create a deep story. If you wanna create a deep story, then really do it and prepare to put a lot of time into it. If it looks like you tried to create a deep story everyone will come back at you and "whine".

Another good thing to bear in mind is you don't need any dialog for a deep story (you don't even need faces, just body language) and it actually enhances the depth.
Dialog can make scenes really cheesy, like those last words of that one dude before he died. Kinda killed off the atmosphere.

Just a heads up, good day old pal.

Fordz
08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Dialog can make scenes really cheesy, like those last words of that one dude before he died. Kinda killed off the atmosphere.

I kinda agree to this, it was already obvious that he broke that promise just by seeing the picture...

clawdeanekiller
08-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Freakin' love the video!

Yun
08-16-2013, 08:47 AM
I kinda agree to this, it was already obvious that he broke that promise just by seeing the picture...

I was planning on doing something else rather than having some text appear. But, I had to scratch out some other ideas because the swf file size will be affected if I were to just have some other scene on that very time of the ending scene. Because the fla had a LOT of bitmaps for textures and backgrounds, it would be almost impossible to get pass the conversion phase from this point. [ Seriously, me, CooliSushi, Julermud, someone else, and Zane had major problems exporting this swf to MP4 with all of these bitmaps and major details. Took us almost 2 weeks just to convert this. ]

I wish I can do something else for the ending scene. But because there is no other way of doing it without causing a lot of problems with the swf, I had to go with the cheesy ending. e-e

-bows rapidly-

My apologies.

SyaddadKazama
08-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I was planning on doing something else rather than having some text appear. But, I had to scratch out some other ideas because the swf file size will be affected if I were to just have some other scene on that very time of the ending scene. Because the fla had a LOT of bitmaps for textures and backgrounds, it would be almost impossible to get pass the conversion phase from this point. [ Seriously, me, CooliSushi, Julermud, someone else, and Zane had major problems exporting this swf to MP4 with all of these bitmaps and major details. Took us almost 2 weeks just to convert this. ]

I wish I can do something else for the ending scene. But because there is no other way of doing it without causing a lot of problems with the swf, I had to go with the cheesy ending. e-e

-bows rapidly-

My apologies.

Nah, it's okay.
I'm fine with it. Don't worry. :)

MrAnything
10-01-2013, 04:04 PM
This was a well done animation Yun. The background's detail is very phenomenal, it's seems like you've send Stickpage to a whole new level(especially the cars!).The movements were cool, it is well eased and smooth. The angles were pretty good, ocular flares seemed realistic and I would want a tutorial based on that specific thing. The facial expressions were too simple, it would be alot better if you add more details to it. Some scenes were too obvious, we didn't have to see those things like the one in the end when the guy said "Sorry but I broke that promise." That part was obvious since we all saw the guy looking at the picture.Not only that it very obvious, it kinda ruined the athmosphere. The storyline was amazing anyways..
Overall, this was very inspiring and entertaining. I can't even do this, I'm just a newbie in animating and I still have lots of things to learn in order to be skilled as you. I thank you so much for making this, I could so much things just by watching this individual animation.

- Mr.Anything

Rychip
12-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Not real found of the ending, but it was a fantastic animation and corresponded well with the song.

Hazard Unit
05-11-2014, 10:12 PM
An animation that has action and a little bit of romance in it..........it was awesome!!!
I wish part 2 was out already!