PDA

View Full Version : How to make a perfect sun [Flash][Backgrounds][AS]

stickmanfan
07-01-2007, 09:41 PM
If you are going to do this tutorial you need to have a basic understanding to flash. Ok,so heres what we want to do.

1)Open up flash. First thing is first,change the back round to black. Take the line colour tool and make it a Light yellow(be sure to change the line thickness to "5"). Next go to the fill colour selection and make it just plain yellow.

2)make a circle any size but not to small and not too big.

3)select the whole circle and make sure the outline is selected too. Next go to Modify>Shape>convert lines to fills. Now while your circle is still selected go to Modify>Shape>soften fill edges, Change the distance to 20 and the number of steps to 15.

4)now you have a funny looking ring. Take the paint tool and select the yellow colour fill the middle of that ring and turn it into a movie clip. just call it Sun1.Now while the movie clip is selected go to filters and add a "glow" make it red and change the percentage to "74". Next add another glow and make it yellow, change the percentage to "77". And finally add a gradient glow and change the percentage to "100".

5)double click the movie clip and open up all its components. Now select the middle yellow fill you made in step 4 and move it out of the screen. Delete the ring and put the yellow circle back into the middle of the screen.

6)While in the SUN1 movie clip turn the yellow circle into a movie clip and call it SUN2. Go to filters and add "blur" change the percentage to "35" now go back to scene 1 and look at the wonderful sun i taught you how to make.I'm really sorry there were no pictures but I didn't have time. I hope it helped.

2-D
07-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Colouring text isnt needed.

Good tutorial, though.

stickmanfan
07-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Aw come on. Some one other than 2-D must have read this tutorial.

Deathbat.
07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
No offence, But This is Fairly Basic.

stickmanfan
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
No offence, But This is Fairly Basic.
Ummmm, not really. Just because you know it doesnt mean its basic for everyone.

Scarecrow
07-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Very basic, for anyone with flash 8 +.

Could be nifty, but it wouldn't take much to figure it out.

Also it should be white in the middle, with yellow edges, it shows brightness and glare better.

Kay.

stickmanfan
07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Very basic, for anyone with flash 8 +.

Could be nifty, but it wouldn't take much to figure it out.

Also it should be white in the middle, with yellow edges, it shows brightness and glare better.

Kay.
Its just a Basic sun,not going into too much detail, i just wanted to give people an idea on how to do this and expand on it.

shadowt44
11-24-2007, 12:30 AM
dont get it can u take sreenshots please. cuz am confused on whcih part of the ring i should choose.

Rather Cheesy
11-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Shadow, this is a couple months old and I don't think the person who wrote it logs on here anymore, sorry.

dilland
11-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Ummmm, not really... doesnt mean its basic for everyone.

later..

Its just a Basic sun,

lol so contradicting... pretty basic, simple stuff, might help someone

stickmanfan
12-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Shadow, this is a couple months old and I don't think the person who wrote it logs on here anymore, sorry.
what are you talking about lol, i log on.