PDA

View Full Version : fluid test

power fuse0
09-11-2013, 04:42 AM
hi,
this is my last test before starting a project i've been thinking of. I'd like to know what you think. (it's more about the fight scene that the effects part). I was trying to work on my fluid motions in a fight.
hopefully I get some comments this time xD.

http://filz.us/Wc6

Vorpal
09-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Oh my god.

I never thought I'd see the day, honestly.
I mean people have been coming back, but damn, I don't even know what to say...where to start.

power fuse0
09-11-2013, 05:13 AM
Oh my god.

I never thought I'd see the day, honestly.
I mean people have been coming back, but damn, I don't even know what to say...where to start.

nice to see you too. I've made a few animations in the last week. Let me know what you think :). Also I'd blame Hyun for being so widely recognised throughout the Lol community (which is no doubt where 100s of old animators are spending their time), for bringing people back to animation.

Hitsu
09-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Holy Sh*t,those effects were awesome.
Love the movements btw.

power fuse0
09-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Holy Sh*t,those effects were awesome.
Love the movements btw.

you like them?
I'm glad that i'm getting back into this now. thx for the input ^_^

Arch-Angel
09-11-2013, 06:40 AM
Alright bro, here it comes:

I think you succeeded in fluidity. The flow could have been a tad better but that's only because of the movements in my opinion. What some of the hits lack are force, like the last uppercut the blue guy does before he sends orange into the air. The hit itself didn't have much force at all, and the reaction was quite stale. Maybe try out some power hits every now and then in there with some heavier easing for anticipation and maybe mess around with throwing a double frame in there. The charge up effect for your beam was pretty fucking rad, but the beam itself was a little bland. I would have added more colors to the beam and probably some effects on the inside of it to make it look like it was moving forward at a fast rate.

As for your project, dood you're gonna have to show me updates :P

power fuse0
09-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Alright bro, here it comes:

I think you succeeded in fluidity. The flow could have been a tad better but that's only because of the movements in my opinion. What some of the hits lack are force, like the last uppercut the blue guy does before he sends orange into the air. The hit itself didn't have much force at all, and the reaction was quite stale. Maybe try out some power hits every now and then in there with some heavier easing for anticipation and maybe mess around with throwing a double frame in there. The charge up effect for your beam was pretty fucking rad, but the beam itself was a little bland. I would have added more colors to the beam and probably some effects on the inside of it to make it look like it was moving forward at a fast rate.

As for your project, dood you're gonna have to show me updates :P

thanks for your honesty :). I'll work on some reaction tests then.
I know the beam itself was bland, I got tired and bored of the animation at that point and had actually achieved what I aimed to achieve before all that.
As for the project, you're welcome to see updates. Or maybe even before I start, perhaps we could work on something together. Up to you, I don't mind xD. I love collabs, always bring fresh Ideas to my head.

ILikePurple
09-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I love it, the only thing I don't like is the energy beam or whatever you call it. :P I know this was a fluidity test so the beam wasn't priority but whatever, the effects right before it when he's up in the air were awesome. :D

power fuse0
09-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I love it, the only thing I don't like is the energy beam or whatever you call it. :P I know this was a fluidity test so the beam wasn't priority but whatever, the effects right before it when he's up in the air were awesome. :D

yeah I agree with you. the beam is crummy.

viperatheart
09-11-2013, 04:00 PM
wobbliness at the beginning fighting moves could use some more force and the stick got really stiff after he shot the blast i like the effort towards the effects though.