PDA

View Full Version : Forum / Site Changes!

stone
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
So in these last few days you've seen stickpage go through quite the change. We decided to go ahead and upgrade the forum to the latest version released by vBulletin (v5.) However, after integration, we found there to be many complaints and constant random bugs. Overall, it was decided to revert the forum back at least until we have a more stable v5 from vBulletin. So for the time being its back to the old school forum you all know and love.

As for our competitions, we are still working in getting you Best Sequence Execution and Dual Death Course 3. It will be worth the wait! The team has had a bit of a hiccup with the forums in disarray but I'm sure we'll all be back on track and soon you'll be able to enter on in. Fresh up your skills and be ready to challenge yourself for our next big event and cash prizes!

LAX
10-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah...thats better
I really needed to access the sound effects topic yesterday but couldnt @_@

Gunnii
10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
What about the hacking, were you able to fix the security exploit without updating vBulletin?

stone
10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah we hopefully should be fine for now.

MrAnything
10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Awww yisss!!!

Exile
10-09-2013, 02:20 PM
in the future, if the forum needs to be reset, upgraded or otherwise messed with in a way that's going to delete recent user activity, can you make an announcement ahead of time and give us a chance to save any posts/threads we don't want to lose? I understand if the site's security is compromised, but if it's nothing urgent it seems like common courtesy to say "hey, if anyone put time and effort into anything around here in the last 6 days, you have 24 hours to save it" or something.

just a suggestion.

AlphaMan
10-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Thank goodness it was back to this. Things were so slow on the new design.

Boomerang
10-09-2013, 02:28 PM
in the future, if the forum needs to be reset, upgraded or otherwise messed with in a way that's going to delete recent user activity, can you make an announcement ahead of time and give us a chance to save any posts/threads we don't want to lose? I understand if the site's security is compromised, but if it's nothing urgent it seems like common courtesy to say "hey, if anyone put time and effort into anything around here in the last 6 days, you have 24 hours to save it" or something.

just a suggestion.

I agree, because now I just lost a writing I had put on here. I had it saved too, but somehow it got overwritten by something else so I'm fairly upset now. So exilement's suggestion is a good one, granted it's not a major emergency where you would have to immediately.

stone
10-09-2013, 04:38 PM

just a suggestion.

Yeah, I wasn't in control of that unfortunately and it came to news to me as well. Initially it wasn't anyone's choice as the forums were hacked. I'm afraid the only way he could get it back was to take it back a bit. Aside from the revert I wasn't aware of that either :/

I try to keep you guys as informed as much as I can!

Reconcile
10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I missed the like though
Try putting that here in the old school lol

Mustika
10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
The oldie forum is back. Ah my eyes, thank goodness.. ;u; finally I'll be able to comment on my phone again :3 *checks the phone*
Probably some of us will be going to need more adaptation first towards that new version of the forum, since it also had so many bugs (which had fully stressed me out in a day). Also a suggestion Stone, if you want to update the site with newer version, it would be better if there are one or two old features which should stay (like the visitor message feature and instant sigs, they're somehow useful).

Last but not least, nice update! Still can't wait for the BSE V5 + DDC 3 to be started and make this place more crowded than before. :D
And thanks for managing the upgrade and past bug-fixing, Stone. Salute.

stone
10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I try to keep you guys as informed as possible, there are times where I'm learning about things when you are lol. Regardless, I shall try to do better!

Nikx232
10-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks stone~!
For me, the old one was strange in the fact that the reply box did not exist for me on Chrome.
It seemed to exist on other's computers but I'm not sure if it has to deal with that. My computer usually runs just fine.
*Shrugs*

stone
10-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah it just seems as though v5 just isn't fully prepared for regular use.. at least not for our use.

Molgera
10-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Thank you, stone.

Spectre
10-09-2013, 07:30 PM
thanks so much! this means that apex doesn't have to redo the clan page!

Damian
10-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I cryed my eyes dry when I saw the forums back. Thank you.

Phosphate
10-10-2013, 01:05 AM
yay because for some reason i couldn't reply to my messages and reply to threads on the new forum

Mr. Evil
10-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Boy oh boy, this is like a removal for a tattoo you never cared about.

Salt
10-10-2013, 02:15 AM
I'm hoping I can win this version of BSE. I'll be sure to take part in every round.

DigitalFlamer105
10-10-2013, 02:18 AM
Ahh...The old forum is back...

Thank goodness it was back to this. Things were so slow on the new design.

Really? It was pretty fast for me. I think it's because it didn't have sigs that have tons of stuff people put there.

Reconcile
10-10-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm hoping I can win this version of BSE. I'll be sure to take part in every round.

Bring it u lttl sht

Work in Progress
10-10-2013, 04:06 AM

Bring it u lttl sht

Challenge accepted.

Reconcile
10-10-2013, 04:36 AM
Challenge accepted.

Youre not salt
Gtfo

Work in Progress
10-10-2013, 05:04 AM
Youre not salt
Gtfo

Baka. I'm taking both of you.

Reconcile
10-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Baka. I'm taking both of you.

Bring it on then

Sharp
10-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I'm probably gonna be the only BSE competitor that's gonna use Pivot only (since I can't use flash)

Xenon-54
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
he he. I think the juges cant really be biased on that sharp but your smooth on pivot so no worries there, i think it may just be angles that are much harder on pivot which will make it all so much harder for you

WyzDM
10-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Can one still hope for another SE tournament, even with no money prize? Last time was a lot of fun and there's certainly room for a competitive scene.

Hewitt
10-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Can one still hope for another SE tournament, even with no money prize? Last time was a lot of fun and there's certainly room for a competitive scene.

I thought you or some other SE Guys were organizing a tournament of your own. What happened there?

stone
10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm always down to organizing those kind of events :} I only stopped the friday funks because of lack of overall interest.

Exile
10-23-2013, 11:40 AM
well yeah, we all know your obsession with overalls is bordering on creepy, but what does that have to do with animation contests?