PDA

View Full Version : Benjamin vs Archanine

stone
10-16-2013, 11:01 AM
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/benjaminvsarchanine.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/benjaminvsarchanine.shtml)
Benjamin vs Archanine
By:Poppetje3D

Watch your favorite mischievous wizard Benjamin face off against the winged demon Archanine in this action packed Rock Hard Gladiator Battle!

Dont forget to check it out on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skOdFe8T4h4&feature=youtu.be

-------------
If you liked that animation, you may want to check out Poppetje3D's other featured work here on stickpage!
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/rhgbattle10.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/rhgbattle10.shtml)

Julermud
10-16-2013, 11:44 AM
finally! its out!

lets have sex later bro

_Ai_
10-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Always loved the voices.

ErrorBlender
10-16-2013, 01:19 PM
That twist at the ending was creepy. Awesome.

Captainalien72
10-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Nice. Interesting.

MrAnything
10-16-2013, 02:00 PM
I've been waiting for this...

MadMirrors
10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Where is archangel's part?

GuardianTempest
10-16-2013, 03:57 PM
What a WONDERFUL thing to wake up to, after having a day of no internet.

http://i.imgur.com/ECtkH17.gif
"It's like Christmas mornin'."

Claud1323
10-16-2013, 04:03 PM
wooow. that was good, creepy ending though

MadMirrors
10-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I found out where here got his voice for Benjamin.

Camila
10-16-2013, 06:14 PM
I found out where here got his voice for Benjamin.

I thought that poppet did the voice acting.

I didn't understand well what exactly happened at the end tho...

Arch-Angel
10-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I thought that poppet did the voice acting.

I didn't understand well what exactly happened at the end tho...

His voice is Dr. Grossman from Fallout I believe, my voice is Illidan Stormrage from World of Warcraft :P

Camila
10-16-2013, 06:21 PM
His voice is Dr. Grossman from Fallout I believe, my voice is Illidan Stormrage from World of Warcraft :P

O: Thanks for the info. I totally loved those voices ♡.

Smile
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
What... just happened?

Arch-Angel
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Well needless to say Benjamin inspired me to finish my animation before I leave for the Army in a month.

If you liked those check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4EBXu4wto

MadMirrors
10-16-2013, 06:32 PM

It wasn't fallout it was bioshock.

Camila
10-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Nice work choosing the voices poppet!!.

Well needless to say Benjamin inspired me to finish my animation before I leave for the Army in a month.

If you liked those check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4EBXu4wto

Holy crap... I'm so using this. It's perfect for an animation I'm working on lol. TY ♥

MadMirrors
10-16-2013, 06:35 PM

Holy crap... I'm so using this. It's perfect for an animation I'm working on lol. TY ♥

I had the same idea.

Arch-Angel
10-16-2013, 06:46 PM

But I'm using it. lol

Xrebellion
10-16-2013, 09:28 PM
So everything was just happening inside Archanine's head?

Chamel
10-16-2013, 10:12 PM
You know... I was excited for this... And it feel through the cracks...
Maybe I'm just being a little too critical, but I didn't like it :/

The style was signature, but it just didn't flow well... Some of the voicing was out of place, and quite a few of the effects (like the fire as Benjamin was falling, closer to the end) seemed mediocre... *sigh*

poppetje3D
10-17-2013, 01:13 AM
This animation looks like poop.

finally! its out!

lets have sex later bro

Our babies will be beautiful.

MadMirrors
10-17-2013, 01:23 AM
This animation looks like poop.

Our babies will be beautiful.

Can anyone say INCEST?

Edit: I just realized that he left him alive,Benji playing mind games.

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 01:47 AM
Poppet you're going down!

poppetje3D
10-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Poppet you're going down!

How long will I have to wait for your part my kind fellow animator?

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Well I took a hiatus from it for the new WoW patch and work, but all I'm gonna say is if I don't post it by Nov 18th then I won't be posting it at all lol. My last day of work is next Friday so I'm hoping by the end of the month.

poppetje3D
10-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Alright, We'll be waiting!

MadMirrors
10-17-2013, 02:22 AM
I won't be.

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Lol and why is that. It's going to blow your mind.

GuardianTempest
10-17-2013, 03:18 AM
I won't be.

Lol and why is that. It's going to blow your mind.
I don't know, you've been delaying long enough (in our* perspective) and the hype has died down, as for me I'm losing my faith by the hour. Will you be able to revolutionize RHG battles? Or perhaps PuppyJay has already won? So many doubts...

*Not entirely everyone

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 03:24 AM
Lol yeah I understand. This has been going on for almost one year. I won't revolutionize RHG battles, but I'm going to try to add a new element (new for everyone here). Hopefully it works but we won't know until I'm done.

Work in Progress
10-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Lol yeah I understand. This has been going on for almost one year. I won't revolutionize RHG battles, but I'm going to try to add a new element (new for everyone here). Hopefully it works but we won't know until I'm done.

It's kinda like what Ehlboy did with his RHG against Jomm and making Wrench lose. Arch's trying to make his battle worthwhile and epic.

That's something worth waiting for, especially if it plays out like he wants it to.

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 03:36 AM
No i'm not going for some crazy plot twist, even though they're everywhere in mine.

And I haven't delayed or decided to be lazy about it, I literally and intentionally stopped working on it a solid month+ ago because I didn't like what I had and lost inspiration. I didn't have any intention of finishing it.

MadMirrors
10-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Benji had a plot twist, it turns out the fight never happened and he kidnapped you and did obscene thing to your body while you still lived and even messed with your mind, or was it that he beat you and took you in and made you relive the battle thinking you've won, or did it even happen at all, it hard to tell form that ending it might have all be a fabricated illusion.(@>@) Well you're gonna show us a twist, something mind blowing, give it hell; Make it worth seeing, before we stop seeing you, leave something magnificent before you part. I'm not waiting for you animation cause I expect you to make it on time, if not even sooner.But I could be wrong so don't feel pressured to kill yourself over it just show us your drive, all the effort you put into, your energy, and your spirit,why do I ask this Cause I want you show me your drive.
Cause I'm Mirrors, you know this. @<@

Work in Progress
10-17-2013, 03:51 AM
Now to the real topic: this battle

I guess if we wanted to discuss the plot without having poppet divulging it...do you guys think Archanine had died when Benjamin had summoned the shark or what? Like I read some people said that it was all in Archanine's headm(?) It'd be cool to hear other's perspectives on what occurred in the battle.

GuardianTempest
10-17-2013, 03:57 AM
I think the battle never happened there's no way that Benjamin could've survived to lock him up afterwards and THEN hypnotize him.

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 03:57 AM
The mystery lies with the gold necklace that Benjamin had at the end.

poppetje3D
10-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Now to the real topic: this battle

I guess if we wanted to discuss the plot without having poppet divulging it...do you guys think Archanine had died when Benjamin had summoned the shark or what? Like I read some people said that it was all in Archanine's headm(?) It'd be cool to hear other's perspectives on what occurred in the battle.
I love reading them.

MadMirrors
10-17-2013, 04:04 AM
No I doubt a shark could do something to someone like Archy here, if the battle was real I'd think it happened after Benji was on fire, I could say a numbered of things happened and the end result was that he was gonna win and Archy's defeat was inevitable. Or The fight was some illusion Benji cooked up to make Arch fell better,Or the fight never really happened and this was all in Benji's head and he planed how it wold go down and what he would do. I don't know why people complain about the ending, it leaves so many questions, but their could be other endings from we can imagine happened, if the battle really happened at all. I'd like to think Benji just mind fuck us and it never happen at all since i saw the last since where he looked at his wall and saw Archy's pictured circled with a number other X'd out, I think those were other enemies from the time he was live that he swiftly dealt with. He was only planning out the out come before the battle or it was just set on record, this gives us a lot answers we come up with but only Poppet could tell us the real story. Since no one has asked him to explain I think people like the thought of other possible endings in that one ending, logic it's not even on this topic,Fuck it. Is what Benji would say, then again I can't speak for him cause I'm Mirrors, this story is a theory and just my speculation.

Work in Progress
10-17-2013, 04:05 AM
I dunno.

Compare the end/beginning with the actual battle.

Benjamin has a clean shave in the beginning. In the battle he's still bearded/has a shadow or a stubble around the rest of his face.

What it seems like is that either Benjamin had hypnotized Archanine to think all of that happened. Or when it seemed that Archanine seemingly killed Benjamin, it was an illusion and Archanine was the one clawed terribly (via the same necklace).

It really has something to do with what Benjamin was saying throughout.

"The subject seems to have been ripped apart from the inside."--->Shark or Archanine's own claws.

"Impossible! You were dead!" [After the shark appears].

This battle has been perplexing. Good job Poppet.

Arch-Angel
10-17-2013, 04:07 AM
You could speculate that benjamin was looking for a pro ass side kick and every other failed.

MadMirrors
10-17-2013, 04:12 AM
I doubt he'd need a side-kick but I know Archy is too strong to be killed from a shark and a shark can't rip someone form the inside out not a bite or teeth marks were shown on the patient ,its very possible Benji did something put a bomb his chest which exploded or something that busted out. Sharks can't kill people who are part dragons.

Reconcile
10-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Sweet mother of voices
DAMN SWEET BABY

but some parts made them look like a midget.

Xrebellion
10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Oh watch the whole anim again.
The sfx from the very start aren't for the intro itself, it's the same sfx at the end.
And after all the battle, there was a rewind. So it means everything happened after the last part.
And everything happened inside archy's head, we got the necklace or watch as a device to hypnotise for that.

And I think Archy moved in reality that's why Benjamin said "Impossible, you were dead"
With that, Benjamin hasn't or wasn't able to kill Archy. That's why he wasn't crossed out in the very last part.

Reconcile
10-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Oh watch the whole anim again.
The sfx from the very start aren't for the intro itself, it's the same sfx at the end.
And after all the battle, there was a rewind. So it means everything happened after the last part.
And everything happened inside archy's head, we got the necklace or watch as a device to hypnotise for that.

And I think Archy moved in reality that's why Benjamin said "Impossible, you were dead"
With that, Benjamin hasn't or wasn't able to kill Archy. That's why he wasn't crossed out in the very last part.

Fuck i havent watched the whole anim
Damn spoilers ;-;

_Ai_
10-18-2013, 04:10 AM
This anim requires thinking. Not just ruthless violence. Deep.

Nuclearinsanity
10-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Disjointed.

Overcharacterized.

Laggy.

Actionless.

Disapponting.

Xenon-54
10-18-2013, 01:07 PM
That RHG battle had a story and the way you used the same sentence at the end and the start. wow i actually got goosebumps :P

Nuclearinsanity
10-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Correcting spelling. Aren't you cute. You're just out of arguments, so you go to something overused and pointless.

I disliked this RHG match because it was about as confusing as Primer and laggier than hell.

Also, there isn't a whole abundance of genuine action.

And find something less pathetic to obsess over than Wreck-It-Ralph. It came out a while ago, nobody cares anymore.

poppetje3D
10-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Its alright Nuke! Here, http://www.youtube.com/user/Terkoiz
I bet you like that more then my stuff! :)

Nuclearinsanity
10-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Poppet.

My problem isn't with your work.

I think you're a talented guy. I really do. The matches against N8ster and Ichiimaru were very well done.

My problem was with the animation.

And the fact that Ai had shit to say to me about it.

And a couple of oversensitive dicks decided to make me the bad guy over it.

I honestly hope I didn't offend you poppet, but Ai's being an obnoxious grammar Nazi and Smile rubs his nose in everything.

Having honest criticisms isn't a fucking crime people.

renZen
10-19-2013, 02:26 PM
your last battle was better than the new , but i did like the story and the action scenes , well done :D
you made my day XD

poppetje3D
10-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Ah I understand, No hard feelings!

Disjointed.

Overcharacterized.

Laggy.

Actionless.

Disapponting.

Still.
This is not helpful at all. Really bad critique.
Overcharacterized. . . Youre just saying that! I need to know WHAT is overcharacterized. I count this as a bad point. It does not help me in any way.
Laggy, Can be! It has many filters. Do you have many lag problems with swf.'s? Try to watch it on youtube! I cant fix lag that easy.
Actionless. No man. There is action in there.

Disappointing.. What did you espect then? Tell me!

We are trying to tell you to give good critism. Not bad ones!

Hewitt
10-19-2013, 08:28 PM
That's enough.

Ai, not everyone likes their spelling corrected. Nuclear's didnt even do it on purpose. For whatever reason you think correcting people's spelling is proper, it isn't. If anything, it's insulting. Frankly, you do it all the fucking time and it's annoying. Really the only time you should be mocking someone's spelling is if they can't spell properly and even at that correcting them is the last thing you'd do to mock them.

Smile, Nuclear already explained himself so there's no need to rile him up further. Frankly, I dont know why you're defending Ai seeing as he started this back and forth in the first place. Either you're suddenly a white knight or you just like riling people up. Plus, Nuclear really is giving his own opinions and criticisms and he didn't even insult Poppete. If anything, he's just being unhelpful in critique but not unhelpfully spiteful that you would question his character. Knock it off.

NuclearInsanity, for god's sake don't just leave 1-worded criticisms like that. I'm sure Poppete would like to know why you claimed such things. Also, despite Ai's misgivings, getting back at him like a dick is not only immature but unwarranted. Smile was right on that account, but to put your cnc's in further question was out of line. Just redo your cnc and be nice for fuck's sake.

I don't wanna see anymore shit from the three of you, and by that I'm also pertaining to you Ai and your penchant for correcting people's spelling. Now kiss and make up.

Nuclearinsanity
10-19-2013, 08:40 PM
We can make up.

But no kissing.

I heard them bitches got herpes.

The narrative on the animation was more confusing than Primer and the action was sparse.

It also lagged to hell.

It was disappointing because I had expected more tight combat from the trailer.

I did like the shark, though. That was a nice touch.

That is what was trying to be said.

Arch-Angel
10-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Of it was laggy that's on you bro, it runs smoothly for me on repeat.

RisingNoa21
10-20-2013, 03:32 AM
nice animation, i like it..but i, didn't understand it

Arch-Angel
10-20-2013, 03:47 AM
It's one of those deeper ways of thinking, bro

renZen
10-20-2013, 04:08 AM
nice animation, i like it..but i, didn't understand it

the whole battle happened in archanine's mind .

graymaster
10-20-2013, 09:57 AM
I loved this whole thing. With your implementation of story lines I know you're gonna be awesome one day.
The only thing I can see to work on is the timing of scenes and movements. Some scenes move too fast when it seemed like a slower kind of scene.
And also the faster scenes (as in the fighting and magic scenes and stuff) they were a bit too slow. But overall the story, plot, idea, angles and everything was awesome.

Good Job! ;)

MadMirrors
10-22-2013, 05:39 AM
We can make up.

But no kissing.

I heard them bitches got herpes.

The narrative on the animation was more confusing than Primer and the action was sparse.

It also lagged to hell.

It was disappointing because I had expected more tight combat from the trailer.

I did like the shark, though. That was a nice touch.

That is what was trying to be said.

Have you ever seen or known poppet to have his animations be about or having lengthy combat, Poppets all tricks though he's not all smoke and mirrors, I like his animations. they have pizzas and they dazzle me. I'm Mirrors, nice to meet you by the way. @<@

Nuclearinsanity
10-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Ichimaruu and N8ster.

Against both of these people, he showed competence with combat.

He is certainly not fully smoke and mirrors, but this one was ENTIRELY so.

I didn't like it, and I said why.

MrAnything
10-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm disappointed. I was expecting this animation to have more effects and action because of the trailer. Alot of parts didn't make sense. I think that the fight was all going on in Archaine's head..

Your previous RHG battles seemed better..

poppetje3D
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM
I agree. But others dont. Its a personal opinion. Hopefully I wont disappoint you next time ;)

b3azt
10-26-2013, 04:27 AM
I find the jetpack thing to be very creative. Heck, all of the tricks he do was creatively done.

Reconcile
10-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Well, somehow I just watched the entire animation

This looks cool
But the movements and postures somehow disappoints me

Also, what's with the "Yes yes I help them sleep, but sometimes they wake up again" and "It's time to end this sherade" parts?

I love how you make a plot

Work in Progress
10-26-2013, 06:30 AM
You mind if I ask where you got those sound fx for the jets poppet?

Yes we all know what this is for >_>

poppetje3D
10-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Ghalp me! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/627511

Ive been scrambling all my effects on the internet! Just search for soundpacks. :>

Praetorain
10-29-2013, 04:30 PM
I've been waiting for this. I wasn't expecting this animation to be disappointing, I was expecting this thing to have lots of insane effects and actionbut it didn't turn up that way..

shadowtears
12-03-2013, 07:21 AM
To be honest I don't really like the animation...how popet animated it was umm how u would say...let's just say that it wasn't really great.But I enjoy the storyboard,I can tell that popet put a lot of work into this.like the ending also BTW...love the voice acting.if someone put up a scale from 1-10,I would say 5 I guess....but overoll it"s a good animation,it's how u animate it is a bit leggy or some'ng but good...I wish u goodluck on upcoming anim

Dazh
12-03-2013, 09:13 AM
It was nice. The ending was weird though, but i remembered Ben is an illusionist