PDA

View Full Version : Deads Or Eclipsors

Sevarus
10-16-2013, 01:42 PM
The question says it all which is better for cost for killing various units what are they best at what jobs do they do and my personal favourite question.....

Can they work together effectively

fhtrg
10-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Eclipsors for long maps, dead for short. If they spam archers, or use albowtross, use deads. That is what I usually do. On all maps (unless they mass archers, or have a albowtross,) go with early eclipsor then switch to deads on short maps, or stay with eclipsor on long or medium

Dazzy
10-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Eclipsors for long maps, dead for short.

That's not necessarily the best rule of thumb. Now, I'm not a chaos player, but from experience, you go eclipsors if he has 0-1 archers or so and you know it's not going to be chased down and sniped. The moment your wing gets onto the field, you need to start using it to dominate. Go harass, and so on - but make sure you don't lose it to archers. As for deads, go for it if he has archers so wings' effectiveness is blunted. Make sure you don't move out too early because retreating with deads is...not very easy to do.

_Ai_
10-27-2013, 07:03 AM
That's not necessarily the best rule of thumb. Now, I'm not a chaos player, but from experience, you go eclipsors if he has 0-1 archers or so and you know it's not going to be chased down and sniped. The moment your wing gets onto the field, you need to start using it to dominate. Go harass, and so on - but make sure you don't lose it to archers. As for deads, go for it if he has archers so wings' effectiveness is blunted. Make sure you don't move out too early because retreating with deads is...not very easy to do.

Pretty much this. And, if you go either, stick with it. Don't ever bother get the other one. Though, fhtrg is right too, but DaZ is right too.

ShadowGeneralChaos
10-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Eclipsor is for me better....you can micro with them better and eclipsor reinformance come faster....also, they are faster then archers XD

PUMU
10-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I feel as if a combination of bombers with eclipsors can deal with most things with crawled shield for bombers

TheFighterz
10-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Deads are good for targeting specific units that can wreck havoc (cough giants) and ranged units, as they have armor. Eclipsors are good for harassing small groups and targeting the enemy if they do not have any archers/crossbowmen to counter-act.

Sevarus
10-28-2013, 05:30 AM
Personally i prefer deads.

Eclipsors have no abilities no armour and reads can poison removing the effect of merics. About retreating. YOu have to plan carefuly because retreating is had to do as already said. I have never massed eclipsors and a big reason is dead are 100 gold cheaper and 50 mana cheaper I would rather get out deads than wait for eclipsors

_Ai_
10-28-2013, 05:38 AM
Personally i prefer deads.

Eclipsors have no abilities no armour and reads can poison removing the effect of merics. About retreating. YOu have to plan carefuly because retreating is had to do as already said. I have never massed eclipsors and a big reason is dead are 100 gold cheaper and 50 mana cheaper I would rather get out deads than wait for eclipsors

But you still need to get them out for aerial superiority, one of Chaos's feature. They're really good, fast, does a lot of damage. Deads are vulnerable on the ground, plus, they're slow. They'd get mashed by speartons easily.

ShadowGeneralChaos
10-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Deads are vulnerable on the ground, plus, they're slow. They'd get mashed by speartons easily.

Nah, depends on the amount of deads and spears...a mass of deads can easily wreck a groupd of spears...BUT! They are so vulnarable because of magikill ^_^ they are so slow that its really hard to avoid spells with them.

fhtrg
10-29-2013, 06:38 PM
And if the mass albows, I mass deads

Dazzy
10-29-2013, 11:14 PM
No, you lose fhtrg. Unless you're vsing a noob, they're going to go shadowraths as well aka ninjalbow. Ninjalbow spells death for chaos, Ninjas pwn deads almost instantly with shinobi (and can take down marrow/medusa fast), albowtross can take down eclipsors and deal heavy damage to crawlers and juggers. Bombers could wreck some havoc if it hits the albows or a clump of ninjas, but overall, ninjalbow is Chaos's bane.

fhtrg
10-30-2013, 05:58 AM
No, you lose fhtrg. Unless you're vsing a noob, they're going to go shadowraths as well aka ninjalbow. Ninjalbow spells death for chaos, Ninjas pwn deads almost instantly with shinobi (and can take down marrow/medusa fast), albowtross can take down eclipsors and deal heavy damage to crawlers and juggers. Bombers could wreck some havoc if it hits the albows or a clump of ninjas, but overall, ninjalbow is Chaos's bane.

You should re-read my post. I said if they go full out albowspam, nothing else. Deads pwn albows, while albows can split to reduce bomber damage and also kill them in 1 shot.

ShadowGeneralChaos
10-30-2013, 12:45 PM

well, as FHTRG already said, an army with only albows....deads wreck albows easily, cause of high health, highest range in game and also stack poison....also, albows has more pop, and on one-on-one dead still wins :/

Also: Shadalbow for chaos isnt really a BIG problem.... ninjas and also albows has a great weakpoint: Their health, their cost and their pop.....with both 4 pop they wont do a big army, and eclipsors wrecks them----also, Marrows reaper can hit ninjas :/

WheresMyCheetos
01-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Well for me when my opponents play defensive with walls I go dead for long range and poison but for early harassment when my opponent has not obtained archers I try to get an wingadon first therefore having the number advantage, even though archers will eventually catch up in building queues I still has the start lead and you can focus on a jugger instead. This is when I use to play chaos. Oh and my answer when wings only took 13 seconds to build, WINGS EVERYTIME!

_Ai_
01-16-2014, 12:14 AM
well, as FHTRG already said, an army with only albows....deads wreck albows easily, cause of high health, highest range in game and also stack poison....also, albows has more pop, and on one-on-one dead still wins :/

Also: Shadalbow for chaos isnt really a BIG problem.... ninjas and also albows has a great weakpoint: Their health, their cost and their pop.....with both 4 pop they wont do a big army, and eclipsors wrecks them----also, Marrows reaper can hit ninjas :/

While it's true that Deads beat Albows one on one, Albows flies, and can't be reached by melee units. Deads are vulnerable to ground units. Also, dead's poison doesn't stack. Never did.

Are you really really sure about that? Ninjalbow in its complete form will wreck havoc on Chaos. Albow > Eclipsors, Ninjas > Ground units. About the health, you can always cycle weak ones to the back. And if marrow can reap ninjas, what of it? The Reaper can't stop 7 ninjas coming at him at once.

Neom232
01-16-2014, 03:25 AM
i prefer dead cause

they have armor :.

Hewitt
01-16-2014, 08:35 AM
I prefer dead threads remain dead