PDA

View Full Version : New Style

Zatike
10-26-2013, 08:50 PM
http://filz.us/21x7
i need some cnc to start perfecting the new style. try to give as many tips along with your criticism so i can improve more efficiently.

Ezy
10-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Seems like you used to use pivot alot. The style/effects kinda look like it. Anyway movements where not bad it''s just that there wasn't that many. Most of it to me looks like it was f6'd and free transformed with a few changes on the pose. That made it look choppy. The black's stick reaction to the last combo was pretty "meh" too. Overall it needs more easing, the bigger the moves the more easing imo. Also since he's doing such big moves give him some follow through for an example the jump slash you'd think he would have much more momentum since he's going down after leaping up but it just stops rights after the slash. Keep practicing buddy! :D

Zatike
10-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Seems like you used to use pivot alot. The style/effects kinda look like it. Anyway movements where not bad it''s just that there wasn't that many. Most of it to me looks like it was f6'd and free transformed with a few changes on the pose. That made it look choppy. The black's stick reaction to the last combo was pretty "meh" too. Overall it needs more easing, the bigger the moves the more easing imo. Also since he's doing such big moves give him some follow through for an example the jump slash you'd think he would have much more momentum since he's going down after leaping up but it just stops rights after the slash. Keep practicing buddy! :D
i actually never used pivot but i will most defiantly practice more easing and enemy reactions. need to get back into animating its been so long XD. Thank you very much for the Cnc!

Kodoku
10-27-2013, 12:37 AM
It needs easing and preparation. The orange stick starts moving out of nowhere, with no preparation at all (I don't know if "preparation" is the right word, I just can't remember the exact word -_-). I know it's a dash, but every object that tries to be moving from being still needs a certain amount of time to reach a certain speed. this is called acceleration. to give you a hint; draw a frame between the first frame and the frame where it dashes. and then draw another one between the first frame and the frame you just drew. This will make the dash have a lot more of flow. sorryforgrammarmistakesI'msleepy

Zatike
10-27-2013, 12:41 AM
It needs easing and preparation. The orange stick starts moving out of nowhere, with no preparation at all (I don't know if "preparation" is the right word, I just can't remember the exact word -_-). I know it's a dash, but every object that tries to be moving from being still needs a certain amount of time to reach a certain speed. this is called acceleration. to give you a hint; draw a frame between the first frame and the frame where it dashes. and then draw another one between the first frame and the frame you just drew. This will make the dash have a lot more of flow. sorryforgrammarmistakesI'msleepy
the reason its like that is that kind of the style im using. but i do need some easing...well a lot of easing but you get the point.

Amf
10-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Get better at reactions. When your animating the orange guy attacking, just keep in mind how the black guy is going to react so it looks more natural when you add him.

Ikarhan
10-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Kodoku, that's "anticipation" ;P

To me it looked pretty nice overall even it's stop-n-go'ish with no real flow between moves, and the reactions weren't really good, the stickfigures went both from a pose to another.

Awesome sword though, you made that ? :P

Zatike
10-27-2013, 12:00 PM
@Amf: yeah im really bad at reactions ill have to work on that some more.

@Ikarhan: I really got to work on that easing im so rusty i completely forgot about it, and yes i made that sword :3