PDA

View Full Version : BSE Version 5 Round 2: Things Are Heatin' Up!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Praetorain
12-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Foscex totally won this round.
Yep.
Are going to be judge again in some upcoming rounds?

SJT15
12-19-2013, 02:18 AM
I want to aim for the top five X3

FL-Nordin
12-19-2013, 04:35 AM
yeah he does c:
does that mean youre judging this round because I cant imagine a judge putting his opinion on here without the scores being released
anyways seems like people DO love the CnC idea

Camila
12-19-2013, 05:19 AM
yeah he does c:
does that mean youre judging this round because I cant imagine a judge putting his opinion on here without the scores being released
anyways seems like people DO love the CnC idea

Is not necesary to b a judge to guess who is going to win lol. And arch is not a judge for this round.

I'm glad everyone liked the CnC idea n_n

Rebmund10
12-19-2013, 05:31 AM
What the hell is CnC?

GuardianTempest
12-19-2013, 05:33 AM
What the hell is CnC?Comment and Critique
(Also Command and Conquer but that depends on context)

Mark XD
12-19-2013, 05:34 AM

u see, i knew, harayyyy :D
damn that one was awesome :)

Foscex
12-19-2013, 05:38 AM

Lets just wait till the scores are out
Sjt and you did a great job aswell

Camila
12-19-2013, 05:54 AM

Lol why you scream like if it was decided?. The judges might say otherwise, nothing is said yet.

Hewitt
12-19-2013, 06:22 AM
That's right, you know how biased I become when someone bribes me with stories of their lost childhood

FL-Nordin
12-19-2013, 07:09 AM
it IS decided :I
but nows the question "who killed the chicken"

Samy Ichiro
12-19-2013, 09:44 AM
I want to aim for the top five X3
I am sure you will.

Preparing for the next round :)

_SAVY_
12-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Camila are ya going to add achivments but just without getting any points?

flashfree-k
12-19-2013, 10:51 PM
so is there a sertain time were the judges write their score or is it random

just wondering, because the comp will be timed perfectly if there was a spesific time for everything

Camila
12-20-2013, 01:29 AM
I try to put a "due date" for judges, if they fail with the due date, they get replaced immediately, I try to make the score process as fast as possible, everyoje should be done bu today, so expect some news from me.

And yeah I'll be working in some medals, I'll try to post them as soon as I have time.

Mark XD
12-20-2013, 06:10 AM
ahm, dont put due dates, let them take their time and mark us correctly, so that we'll have time for our business, before the next round is out
plwezzz :3

Adiman
12-20-2013, 07:16 AM
ahm, dont put due dates, let them take their time and mark us correctly, so that we'll have time for our business, before the next round is out

Lol icwatudidthar :P, I agree with you, but I don't think that next round can start until the judges are done, and if they take to long, then we have to wait longer...

Camila
12-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Judge 1 got the scores and CnC done the next day past the due date, if the other 2 can't do it within the next 3 days, then they have no interest or responsability for it, so yeah. Due date for judges will apply.

acb
12-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Due date for judges will apply.

Looks like due date for judges will apply Mark, stern Camila said so! :p

Adiman
12-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Judge 1 got the scores and CnC done the next day past the due date, if the other 2 can't do it within the next 3 days, then they have no interest or responsability for it, so yeah. Due date for judges will apply.

Did they post the Cnc yet, or will that be posted when the final scores go up?

_SAVY_
12-20-2013, 08:00 AM
I like judge 1 >v>

and yh it would be good if the judge dont post the scores to late to still be judges for next rounds. changing judge for every round would show some really weird score changes :p

Camila
12-20-2013, 08:04 AM
The judge sent me his scores AND CnC one next to the other. Want me to separate the score of each one of the 37 entries manually from the CnC and post only the CnC for you today?

Turquoise#2
12-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Yeah, i'd like to see that

Adiman
12-20-2013, 09:18 AM
The judge sent me his scores AND CnC one next to the other. Want me to separate the score of each one of the 37 entries manually from the CnC and post only the CnC for you today?
Is only the first judge giving Cnc? If so, then yeah, do that. Thanks :)

Camila
12-20-2013, 10:20 AM
VBulletin should have some bug, it appeared a random empty spoiker on the frontoage xD.

Anyways, it took me an hour but there you go. The CnC from Judge 1 is on the frontpage!! Go check it out.

Barthimo1
12-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh man, I totally appreciate the CnC. Thank you Judge 1, I'll totally try finsihing the next round. And I'll adjust the combo's speed then.

Turquoise#2
12-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes! I love this CnC! Thanks! And now i know how to add sounds :3
btw, who's Judge 1?

devi
12-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes! I love this CnC! Thanks! And now i know how to add sounds :3
btw, who's Judge 1?

Pretty sure nobody is gonna say who judge 1 is even if they knew.

_SAVY_
12-20-2013, 10:47 AM
now thats a good Cnc for me ill keep that in mind and thanks! :) lol long time not saw my anims? .3. really wanna know who the judge is but i hope he will judge and Cnc every round

Turquoise#2
12-20-2013, 10:55 AM
The points are also gonna be released today, right?
Or are they gonna be released on the Judging deadline?

Camila
12-20-2013, 11:02 AM
now thats a good Cnc for me ill keep that in mind and thanks! :) lol long time not saw my anims? .3. really wanna know who the judge is but i hope he will judge and Cnc every round

It depends, if no one is raging for their scores or CnC, Judge1 can be revealed, the "anonymous status" is only to protect them from rage PMs nor annpying messages from butthurt'd people.

I hope I can get the scores up today too.

_SAVY_
12-20-2013, 11:52 AM
It depends, if no one is raging for their scores or CnC, Judge1 can be revealed, the "anonymous status" is only to protect them from rage PMs nor annpying messages from butthurt'd people.

yh and yup would be awesome i guess it takes really long to calculate all them scores together sotake your time

Red Death
12-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Damn..I feel embarrassed not following..the directions D:

Samy Ichiro
12-20-2013, 01:12 PM

Keep him anonymous,its better.
Thank you Judge 1 for the CnC :)

Kursura
12-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Neat CnC there, an interesting read. I think I know who it is but I'll keep that to myself
And I think it's better left up to the judges whether they reveal themselves or not.

btw, my CnC mentioned possible using a higher brush smoothness. I use 25% and have tried higher in the past but it always seems to make the limbs warp alot.
To anyone out there who uses a higher smoothness level, how to you keep the limbs consistent?

_SAVY_
12-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Neat CnC there, an interesting read. I think I know who it is but I'll keep that to myself
And I think it's better left up to the judges whether they reveal themselves or not.

btw, my CnC mentioned possible using a higher brush smoothness. I use 25% and have tried higher in the past but it always seems to make the limbs warp alot.
To anyone out there who uses a higher smoothness level, how to you keep the limbs consistent?

kursura i use 28 well not for my bse but i usually use 28 and to keep them smooth i dont draw the sticks to slow. + i always set a point for the limb and then i start with the legs :3

FL-Nordin
12-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I like the CnC I always liked it

EDIT: them other judges are gonna post their CnC aswell?
cuz i see a empty spoiler ready to use <--- nvm...

Mustika
12-20-2013, 03:11 PM
them other judges are gonna post their CnC aswell?
cuz i see a empty spoiler ready to use
Camila said that it might be a bug or something. When seeing that spoiler, my first thought was that they already put separate spoiler for the score. XD

VBulletin should have some bug, it appeared a random empty spoiker on the frontoage xD.

Camila
12-20-2013, 03:41 PM

hmmm Maybe just be faster while drawing the limb? that should fix the problem lol

Also who is your guess for the Judge1? lol I'm curious.

acb
12-20-2013, 07:36 PM
God damn, this is some helpful criticism.
I knew my angles looked weird, I find them like, super hard.. ;_;
And the judge was right, I shoulda' finished!!! But at least I got some helpful info.

PivotBlimp
12-20-2013, 07:53 PM
That reminds me, ACBeam, you have to tell me the name of that song in your entry. Simply beautiful.

Adiman
12-20-2013, 08:15 PM

I keep mine at 40 normally, but I also draw the limbs separately, and sometimes I have to go through at the end to fix up any wobbles, but that is easier to do than to fix the horribly jagged edges that come with low smoothness. The speed at which you make the stroke also changes the outcome at different smoothness levels, though I haven't specifically experimented with that. Faster strokes generally give better results regardless of the smoothness, though...

Edit: Thanks to Judge 1 for the great Cnc!

Sans
12-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Great cnc,you right i lost interest on this, i will do my best on round 3 :D
Hope on round 3 we can still have a great CnC like this

Zevro
12-21-2013, 01:14 AM
nice cnc for my anim!
I'll make some effort for round 3 XD

btw guys, what does fast-paced mean? .__.

Fordz
12-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Since it's Christmas, it would be great if round 3 was out now...

flashfree-k
12-21-2013, 01:43 AM
i was thinking for the future rounds it should have a special power, or object, then a special platform the stick should be in. so we can have some kinda special element system.

FL-Nordin
12-21-2013, 02:45 AM
hope next round involves... DANCE :3
just for lolz

Mark XD
12-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Since it's Christmas, it would be great if round 3 was out now...

sense it Christmas, and peps are shopping and waiting to open their gifts, while dealing with other xmas festivities
that'll be a bad idea

please dont the rush it

Mark XD : Why did you kill oxob on his birthday!! you meanie (1000 points subtracted!)jk. That was a pretty entertaining anim dude!, nice angles choreography and performance, you could've extende the combo at some parts and not going full-fast-paced on it, and please... I can see tht you're going for the textures-style, just don't overuse them in the future you used just the right amount of textures here, but in the future, don't overuse them. Why did you rushed then ending? don't rush your anis dude, you style doesn't look good when you rush it. Also you are lacking of force on your hits, the anticipation is right, but try to add more force and dynamics to your sticks when you're performing combos, and make sure to respect the earth's gravity next time, the finisher bodyslam looked weird for the positioning of your stick's body, keep practising.

thanks, but oxob knew what i was doing, i told him before i did it, he faved it, and enjoyed it,
i dont think i'm going to ever going get around the deadline thing, so i'll always have rush the ending of my anims, in order to get in before the due date,
that why i hope you guys will give us more time to do our business before throwing the next round :3 plwezzzz
will sense u guys wanted 2d, i didn't do any close up combos, but i maximized the creativity, just like nordin did on the first round
i'm right now learning some new stuff from my pal foscex, you better give him a wining score, or i'll hunt you down :>
that'll be all, thx u very much

yours truly,
xD

Villun
12-21-2013, 05:36 AM
sense it Christmas, and peps are shopping and waiting to open their gifts, while dealing with other xmas festivities
that'll be a bad idea

please dont the rush it

I believe that Fordz was being sarcastic...

Camila
12-21-2013, 10:31 AM
that'll be a bad idea

please dont the rush it

thanks, but oxob knew what i was doing, i told him before i did it, he faved it, and enjoyed it,
i dont think i'm going to ever going get around the deadline thing, so i'll always have rush the ending of my anims, in order to get in before the due date,
that why i hope you guys will give us more time to do our business before throwing the next round :3 plwezzzz
will sense u guys wanted 2d, i didn't do any close up combos, but i maximized the creativity, just like nordin did on the first round
i'm right now learning some new stuff from my pal foscex, you better give him a wining score, or i'll hunt you down :>
that'll be all, thx u very much

yours truly,
xD

Lol mark why are you excusing yourself? it's pointless, the judge is telling you what is wrong with your animation, you don't have to give excuses of why is like that, is just something you gotta improove man.

Oh and it's a shame that you want more time for the next round... you'll probably won't like it.

_SAVY_
12-21-2013, 12:39 PM
nice cnc for my anim!
I'll make some effort for round 3 XD

btw guys, what does fast-paced mean? .__.

make the combo more fluid
dont stop after a punch just continue the next hit

bring it on
12-21-2013, 12:45 PM
forgive me if my question is stupid iam new :D
how do i join in BSE ?:confused:
forgive my poor english iam argentine::)

Praetorain
12-21-2013, 12:48 PM
forgive me if my question is stupid iam new :D
how do i join in BSE ?
Since this round is over, wait for the next round to come up and make your animation when the new round is released.

bring it on
12-21-2013, 12:58 PM
thank you :D but how do i join in the next round?:confused:

Villun
12-21-2013, 01:19 PM
thank you :D but how do i join in the next round?:confused:

You just make and animation, upload it to any website, and then post it here and have it judged.

bring it on
12-21-2013, 01:37 PM
thanks¡¡¡:D

Camila
12-21-2013, 01:53 PM
thanks¡¡¡:D

You're from argentina?. If so, if you have any question about BSE you can ask me (hablo español y vengo de chile, asi que puedo resolver cualquier duda xD)

_SAVY_
12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
i alleady have an awesome song for my next round :D meeen when is it out? ;.;

flashfree-k
12-21-2013, 07:59 PM
ya when is it R3 going to be out

THE SYSTEM IS BROKE !!

not realy. obama is already ahead of you

Tsang
12-21-2013, 09:29 PM
ya when is it R3 going to be out

THE SYSTEM IS BROKE !!
Real soon actually. Each round will be released a week after the last one is finished, and since last round ended last Sunday, you can best be sure Round 3 will be just around the corner. :)

Marc-Alex123
12-21-2013, 10:16 PM
wellll

i did worse on mine

my score is worse

bring it on
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
¡¡¡Gracias por la ayuda Camila!!! :D :D (thanks for help Camila)

Mark XD
12-21-2013, 10:52 PM
@camila I kno, but I still felt the need to say that, I dunno why, xD

@tsang, oh gosh, I'll miss next round then .___.

Turquoise#2
12-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Oh, cool! 5.5 is pretty good, considering the points that everyone else got :3
Also, how will the total be taken? Will it be out of 30, or will you take the average?

Camila
12-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Guys!! I got all the scores and I'm really really sorry for not having the average score of each one. It's like really super late and I'm sleepy, I don't want to misstype any score. I'll get up eaely tomorrow and update them as soon as I can, you can still see the score per judge and calculate the average for yourself if you want.

I'll have this up as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvinient again.

Tsang
12-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Alright! Finally got around to updating the final scores.

I actually went ahead and did them on my phone because I had no access to the computer at the time. I had to cut through the individual pieces of BBCode to put them in as well. 'Twas brutal.

I'll organize the scores based on amount tomorrow. Until then, I really need to hit the hay. :)

Zevro
12-22-2013, 01:27 AM
omg
mine is like that and you guys still give me 5.8 ?
boy, you guys are generous!

_SAVY_
12-22-2013, 01:28 AM
1. Foscex
2. Mark XD
3. SJT15
4. FL-Nordin
5. drackojiano

I almost did it to them top five : o drackjiano ill have my eyes on you >.>.. good job to every one! :D

Foscex
12-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Yay
I actually won a thing
:D
GG everyone

Kursura
12-22-2013, 03:49 AM
Congrads Foscex, a well deserved win c:

SJT15
12-22-2013, 04:58 AM
3RD YES! XD

Big jump in improvement :3

FL-Nordin
12-22-2013, 05:03 AM
:O
oooh no I have to redeem myself
c:

and foscex on top with a score of 9.5
wich is .1 point better than my first round
Congratulations on that my friend c:

Foscex
12-22-2013, 05:13 AM
(I should have never tried something new)

and foscex on top with a score of 9.5
wich is .1 point better than my first round
Congratulations on that my friend c:

thanks bro ( you still inspire me tho )
i cant wait till next round

vianbni
12-22-2013, 05:46 AM
I got 3.2 ?! AWESOME !! :D

Camila
12-22-2013, 07:26 AM
(I should have never tried something new)

Don't you ever type this again, try new things is the thing that makes us improve and progress in every way as an animator, I bet that you learnt more things in this round than the first one.

Villun
12-22-2013, 07:50 AM
F*CK THIS SH**.
Next round, I'm not gonna do fancy shit. Just simply a 2D anim.

FL-Nordin
12-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Don't you ever type this again, try new things is the thing that makes us improve and progress in every way as an animator, I bet that you learnt more things in this round than the first one.
lol I was already wondering when you were gonna respond to this
sinds this BSE is focusing on "trying new things"
dont worry im never gonna type that again
but does that mean that MAYBE one of the upcoming 8 rounds can involve DANCING?

PivotBlimp
12-22-2013, 09:39 AM
I'll take a 6.3 considering the time I had taken. I'll be awaiting Round 3, really gonna have to do something spectacular to even dream of catching up. Btw, congrats on first Foscex :eek:

Alien
12-22-2013, 10:47 AM
The special element this round was ass.Its great that foscex managed to put up a great animation with this shit.

Fuzzybrain
12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
The judge called mine funny. ; . ;
Just what I was aiming for!

Nato_
12-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Well can't say I'm surprised about my score seeing how it wasn't even complete but next round imma finish it no doubt.

InfamousBonk
12-22-2013, 12:08 PM
can't wait till r3 is posted and i really like cnc aspect, thanks for making sure we get them from the judges camila :D

Fuzzybrain
12-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Because i have no life.

1. Foscex
2. MarkXD
3. SJT15
4. FL-Nordin
5. Drackojiano
6. _SAVY_
7. ChriWkz
8. lilg742ster
9. Kursura
10. Pivotblimp
11. pyrosamurai
12. kemical
13. Samy ichiro
14. Zervo
15. Marc-alex123
16. Imfamousbonk
17. Janravnik
18. kaizen
17. KrounusFA
18. Turquiose#2
19. Surraku
20. Villun
21. Red Death
22. ACBeam
23. Vianbni
24. DenomicDemon
25. Barthimo1
26. Fuzzybrain
27. Aidman
28. Nato
29. Sans
30. Atomicapple
31. Glaicersnake

Villun
12-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Well damn, Savy has officially surpassed me, and also achieved his goal. (Get in top 5). Well done to _Savy_
And lets not congratulate foscex. :|

Adiman
12-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Well, it sucks to suck, but at least I didn't get last place :P

_SAVY_
12-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Well damn, Savy has officially surpassed me, and also achieved his goal. (Get in top 5). Well done to _Savy_
And lets not congratulate foscex. :|

I AM 6th place

and i just saw how fuzzybrain edited it ;p lol.. Villun you can still beat me just take more time in your anims and think how you can animate it good to sync the anim with the music

A13x@nd3r
12-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Complaining about how dumb the element was I think you guys should keep your opinions and be creative. -_- IMO i think this round was bawss. Great work Tsang and Camila

Villun
12-22-2013, 01:23 PM
lol SAVY, I thought I had gone crazy for a second. I was like, I swear he was 5th... Then I saw he said, MIstake bro.

_SAVY_
12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
lol SAVY, I thought I had gone crazy for a second. I was like, I swear he was 5th... Then I saw he said, MIstake bro.

U better be crazy for the next round

Adiman
12-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Shouldn't it be out by now, or are they literally waiting until exactly one week has passed... maybe they're writing it right now?

Villun
12-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Well, it is Christmas in like 3 days. So I guess it will be released in 5 or 6.
Also, next round I am using my NEW style. Well, my new style has been inspired by ChriWkz but is just a rubbish version of it.

ALSO, a suggestion. Why not release the round now, but have a like 3 day extension for the due date.

Camila
12-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Shouldn't it be out by now, or are they literally waiting until exactly one week has passed... maybe they're writing it right now?

Well... tsang is kinda lazy, he should've posted the round 3 thread by now, I'll annoy him to death so he can post round 3 today ok?

Also here's a hint for a "condition" (not the special element) for the third round. It's literally an Anti-procrastination round.

Shadowkirby
12-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Also here's a hint for a "condition" (not the special element) for the third round. It's literally an Anti-procrastination round.

:O Riveting! Can't wait!

Villun
12-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Anti-procrastination round.
Alright, I am dead. :D

Sounds like some serious practice and training.

JanRavnik
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
It's literally an Anti-procrastination round.
http://dontdrinkbeer.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/1332397100700.jpg

Adiman
12-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Well... tsang is kinda lazy, he should've posted the round 3 thread by now, I'll annoy him to death so he can post round 3 today ok?

Well then, I'm both excited and dead :)

acb
12-22-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the next round if it's an 'anti-procrastination' one, I need to prove to myself that I can do it...

thing is it's Christmas and I got a feeling I'm gonna' be doing a lot of other things rather than animate, but I can try.

Raptor Blu
12-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh Man, Im A Pretty Garbage Animator ut I Really Want To Do The Next BSE, It Will Be My First.

Kursura
12-22-2013, 04:39 PM
It's literally an Anti-procrastination round.

Intriguing, I wonder how you'll do that. Also, yay for ninth ^o^

Camila
12-22-2013, 06:36 PM
thing is it's Christmas and I got a feeling I'm gonna' be doing a lot of other things rather than animate

That's exactly my point. It's time that you guys overcome the strongest weakness an animator can have. Go for it!.