PDA

View Full Version : a little support ^^

DanmarK
11-30-2013, 07:29 AM
hi again SP peeps, kinda have a freaking busy time on my animation job. just came here to ask for little support for our new baby show "Rick and Morty" . you can watch this on ADULT swim every 10:30pm or whatever time it has on your country lol ^^. you can support us by simply telling some of your awesome friends to watch it and spread it too lol ^^
Here's our pilot episode on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMq3ozw7VME

http://www.filz.us/files/3f64d390/ba4/Rick-and-Morty-title-e1374769613692.jpg

lol that "Dan Harmon" is not me. im just an animator here lol

and also dont forget to watch "avatar legend of korra" on nick!!!!

thanks!! have a nice day!!

AlphaMan
11-30-2013, 07:43 AM
LOL! That was funny.

Smile
11-30-2013, 08:02 AM
If this is in adult swim then 80% of the SP population is probably not the target audience of that show.

Findood
11-30-2013, 08:07 AM
If this is in adult swim then 80% of the SP population is probably not the target audience of that show.

20% is still something. Very funny, i think i'll start to watch this. I'm curious, what's your part in this series?

Smile
11-30-2013, 08:21 AM
I know it was funny.

EDIT: Hey danmark which part did you animate?

someone0956
11-30-2013, 08:37 AM
I know it was funny.

EDIT: Hey danmark which part did you animate?
Shouldn't it be what role do you have in the process of animating this?
Like inbetween, keyframe, clean up or what?
My understanding of the animation pipeline is still rather limited

DanmarK
11-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Shouldn't it be what role do you have in the process of animating this?
Like inbetween, keyframe, clean up or what?
My understanding of the animation pipeline is still rather limited

ok. i my self is just a cut out animator here. we make the "RIGGED" characters move.

so the pipeline goes like this.
in cutout animation, we use toonboom harmony so it really has many departments to deal with.

start with the Client, "Bardel studios". they provide the "animatics" or here we called story boards.
they also provide the character line tests, which is done using paperless animation just to see how the animation style will work.

then our studio will now provide the character color and design adjustments.
after that, the rigging team will now build the modules, library, character pivot assignments, for short, they create a composition of charater with bunches of different library on it.

then the posing team will now pose the characters based on the animatics. for those who didnt know "pose to pose animation" it is a method we use in traditional animation to maintain the planned action of a character.

then it will be holded up to the scene build team. they make the whole file ready to hand out for the animators.

then we animators will animate based on the animatics, sometimes we do some adlibs depending on what we think is better.

then the animation directors will gave us "fixup calls" to our animation then give the files back to the animators to deal with the fixup notes.

after the animation is done it will be sent to the client but the client will also make a fixup call which we called the "retakes call"

our retakes trouble shooter will now work on that.

the sfx,voice acting,and other editing stuff will be done by the client.

in your question, the key animator is just seen in traditional animations like what we did in avatar korra.
the pipeline is: script - xsheets - design - color - rough story board - animatics - layout - scene build - paperless animators - directors - client - editing team