PDA

View Full Version : Movements and effects test.

SERATHIL
12-11-2013, 06:24 AM
http://www.filz.us/files/b150dae5/8a7/Combo_Test.swf

i've been Practicing to get better in animating. Comments?

Frostneuroz
12-11-2013, 07:15 AM
CnC's : you have resizing there,not enough force and flow, little choppy on hand , need easing :3
nice try

SERATHIL
12-11-2013, 07:49 AM
CnC's : you have resizing there,not enough force and flow, little choppy on hand , need easing :3
nice try

the force was good. the hand of the blue stick was my problem, and also resizing. i copied those moves from strill's tutorial. i think the blue stick needs more easing than the black stick. :D

Adiman
12-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Oh boy, here we go:
The punch is decent aniamtion-wise, but the sound effects is either barely heard or nonexistent for the actually hit

The punch itself carries no force because there is no force to push it forward; in a true punch, the stick's foot that is not being used to stand up should be falling with the stick (moving froward and towards the ground, not just leaving the ground), like using the force of gravity to propel him forward

The kick is where you go wrong
-The non-kicking leg shortens
-The torso during the kick stutters at 3 points and does not flow
-Goes along with the torso thing- I see what you are trying to do by moving him up and down with each step, but it really ruins the flow, especially at the head; it should be a smooth path ( refer to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylCLIKKCGC8 for some tips on flow, especially when he shows the diagram of the stick)
-There is no anticipation in the jump for the kick, so either make it an important jump/movement(add more frames to explain the movement) or keep his non-kicking leg on the ground
-The extra step between the punch and kick is over-exaggerated, it should be smoothed out/eased (add more frames) and flow nicer; aka his forward momentum and rotational momentum should not be stopped because he takes a step

The blood particle effects are good

The blue stick is kinda messed up
-He moves back with the leg as the black one is kicking, so it looks unnatural and reduces the force of the actual kick (you don't need easing with that, the hit should be instantaneous and he should bend only then)
-The legs are kinda wobbly after the punch

So basically: The reaction stick is bad and causes a loss of force, the over-exaggerated extra step ruins the flow, and I can't hear any punching sound effect
Those were the big things that I noticed, Hope this helps :)

SERATHIL
12-12-2013, 04:21 AM
thanks. :D

Alien
12-12-2013, 04:48 AM
His arms move weird alot.
And just wat adiman said.
nice job.

Adiman
12-12-2013, 02:56 PM
No prob. Just trying to help out however I can :)