PDA

View Full Version : water splash

Findood
12-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I made a water splash animation: http://findood.deviantart.com/art/Water-splah-Test-419207394?ga_submit_new=10%253A1386797013

Work in Progress
12-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Fix the ripples, they just immediately cut off at each droplet hitting the ground. A splash has a lot of ripples, so you need to continue them, maybe by tweening. Also the extra particles really just looked like they were bouncing on the water's surface. You can study other splashes out there and you'll see something like that doesn't occur. What happens is that it splits into many many particles whilst in the air.

Atomicapple
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Douuububububleellelee frammemememme it!

The put the ripples on a separte frame and double frame it to death. Also double frame the droplets on the arc of the bounce

Findood
12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Fix the ripples, they just immediately cut off at each droplet hitting the ground. A splash has a lot of ripples, so you need to continue them, maybe by tweening. Also the extra particles really just looked like they were bouncing on the water's surface. You can study other splashes out there and you'll see something like that doesn't occur. What happens is that it splits into many many particles whilst in the air.

Thanks for the Cnc! I tried to study a water splash but for my surprise, there where really no excellent example of this, or at liest i didn't find so i had to just win it so to say. Yeah, the water droplets look like they bounce from the surface although they should have sunken little bit first and then bounce up. I tried to redo some but i was too tired at that point because it was quite late and i had animated it about 3h already.

@Atomicapple i don't double frame usually because it makes the animation look choppy but i know what you mean, needs more frames in between.