PDA

View Full Version : Very first try at 4x combos and attack reactions

Lethal
12-29-2013, 12:16 AM
http://filz.us/267r

Yah, I know it's wobbly and ugly as fuck, but thanks so much to Strills for making a cool yet unfinished tutorial at deviantart (I'm starting to learn how to animate punches and kicks). After stopping in animating for like 3-4 months, here I am: going to start a new life on being an animator xD lol. Uhh and yeah, sorry if I lack a lot of easing, anticipation, gravity and stuff, you know I'm a below rookie animator lool. Anyways CnC please, I want to improve a lot (I mean improve by 80%). Oh and one thing I forgot, it's the first time I animated an enemy being punched/kicked by the black figure so apologize if I'm horribly bad.

thanks. oh and the combos are: chest punch, spinning kick, uppercut and head kick.

i downloaded a lot of swf tutorials about stick animation. lol.

Phantom Ace
12-29-2013, 04:04 AM
Not bad Lethal5. Though its pretty wobbly and stick construction is too choppy. I advise you to use line tool to look clean to watch. And when he uppercuts the black guy, the black guy went back to his position instead off moving more to the left and lands to the left. The reactions needs some work. Though I understand that you started animating reactions only now. And the combo not that bad either. Keep practicing and you'll not be a newbie anymore. :D

Lethal
12-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Not bad Lethal5. Though its pretty wobbly and stick construction is too choppy. I advise you to use line tool to look clean to watch. And when he uppercuts the black guy, the black guy went back to his position instead off moving more to the left and lands to the left. The reactions needs some work. Though I understand that you started animating reactions only now. And the combo not that bad either. Keep practicing and you'll not be a newbie anymore. :D

Thanks dude, oh and I'll try to practice with lines. And oh the uppercut, that was the part where it took me like 10 minutes just to make everything perfect but the result was... lol nvm. Anyways thanks for the comment.

Work in Progress
12-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Ah bup bup.

Line tool is nice to animate with, but if you really want to get smooth you need to use brush. I suggest taking a lot of time to draw each frame carefully, and overtime you get faster.

Amf
12-29-2013, 08:49 AM
nah nah nah work in progress, I'm going to suggest your new here and just forgive you for that comment. Brushtool or line tool, they shouldn't really effect your smoothness or style, only the stickfigure construction. plus wobbles are easier to manage with line, but yeah, if you don't think you can be smooth with line tool, watch supranova. type that up on deviantart.

The reactions, for your first, are better than most I s'pose. but you should definitely keep the reactee in mind while animating the attacking guy, so that way when your doing reactions you don't come across as many problems and you don't have to make him fall super fast to come into the position he needs to be to get punched and such. also when he got kicked in the balls, the way he got hit back it looked like he should have fallen but he miraculously gained his balance again, You probably did that so he could be in the right place to get hit again? He probably should have been lifted a little bit off the ground but kept his legs kind of straight so when he lands it looks normal. Also don't worry about vcam for small animations like this, It takes up time and it's not too necessary

Phantom Ace
12-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks dude, oh and I'll try to practice with lines. And oh the uppercut, that was the part where it took me like 10 minutes just to make everything perfect but the result was... lol nvm. Anyways thanks for the comment.

Don't mention pal :D