PDA

View Full Version : First tablet animation

Purp3L
12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.filz.us/view/537015b1-ae3/
Demo for my new character. Not finished, and it's pretty bad to be honest. ._.

Phantom Ace
12-29-2013, 11:34 PM
http://www.filz.us/view/537015b1-ae3/
Demo for my new character. Not finished, and it's pretty bad to be honest. ._.

Not bad Tab. Though the animation itself was pretty wobbly to be honest. But its not that bad man, just need some practice on flash.

Purp3L
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Not bad Tab. Though the animation itself was pretty wobbly to be honest. But its not that bad man, just need some practice on flash.
You don't think I know that?
It's not like I can fix it anymore. xD

S-Critical
12-30-2013, 03:35 PM
CNC time!

The good stuff you were able to do in that animation:

I liked the walk you animated. It was quite good compared to the others I've seen!
The easing where the black stick finished executing a punch to the purple stick was very well done. Keep it up!
The dying animation (is he dying? i don't actually know :/) was decently smooth and well executed.

The things that I'd say you should improve on:
Choppiness... A lot of it
I could see choppiness everywhere! You need to add much more in-between frames to make it look a lot more smoother. Your walk cycle for the purple stick figure would have been perfect if you added some in-between frames.

Try to make it clearer of what it going on
I had to watch that quite a few times to try to get what's going on. Did the Purple stick figure get hit by the black stick fig, and then a black stick fig came out of the purple stick fig? If that's the case, then try to make it much more clearer on what's going on. I'd suggest that after the purple stick fig got hit and is laying on the ground, the black stick fig can pop out of him. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Reactions
The reaction when the purple fig was about to get hit was waaayyy too early. It had already started to crouch down before the stick fig even got to hit him. Plus, the reaction was wrong. It should be more like this

http://www.filz.us/files/dc8bdad1/605/reference_for_CNC_1.png

This is what it should look like.

Resizing
Unless your stick fig is meant to be taller than everything else, the black figs are much smaller. I recommend making a guide so your stick figs do not resize.

wobbliness
Like Castro stated, it is quite wobbly, I know you used onion skin for this, but do you zoom in in your animations? This will help a LOT and makes your anim less wobbly.

You should work on the these things and you will have a significantly better outcome to your anim. Overall, you did a good job! Keep ti up Tab!
(Maybe work on these for your tryout and I know you'll get in for sure)
:)

Purp3L
12-30-2013, 05:53 PM
He wasn't getting hit, he dodged the punch, and since he's weak(The purple guy) his strong side came out, which is stupidly pulled and horribly executed, and did not show my point of this demo at all. I will make a new demo. Thanks for the awesome cc man, it was great. :D
Btw I need ideas for powers for this purple guy. Restarting my demo by the way.

Phosphate
12-30-2013, 08:25 PM
He wasn't getting hit, he dodged the punch, and since he's weak(The purple guy) his strong side came out, which is stupidly pulled and horribly executed, and did not show my point of this demo at all. I will make a new demo. Thanks for the awesome cc man, it was great. :D
Btw I need ideas for powers for this purple guy. Restarting my demo by the way.his strong side came out? why does it look like he fainted ?

Purp3L
12-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Oops, I meant his demon came out. sorry :C
It makes no sense, so i'm changing the story

Devon
12-30-2013, 09:56 PM
I like the idea for your character's power. If I may suggest, if he had the ability to possess his opponents (kind of like a ghost) I think that could make it a bit more interesting and give you more to work with in a battle. Just my 2 cents, though.