PDA

View Full Version : End of 2013 Announcements & New Rules Thread!

Jeff
12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi guys! So over the last few days I've been in overhaul mode making changes to the forums for the new year. Some of the changes to the forum I've made are: hidden some forums that didn't need to exist, made changes to how the forums are displayed such as the mods being on the main page, fixed the large amount of page numbers appearing in threads, added a link to SP's main site to the forum header, cleaned up the forum leaders page, and changed how unread topics are handled so that it's consistent across browsers and devices for those of us that regularly switch between computers.

Aside from that, with the help of the staff I've also rewritten the official rules thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?79221-StickPage-Official-Rules) to be more organized and hopefully more clear. I have added and changed a few rules, so make sure you give it a read to make sure you're up to date on our policies. You can also click the little numbered boxes and question marks ([1], (?)) to be taken right to the relevant footnote / glossary entry. Hopefully that makes navigating it much easier.

Most importantly, we've done an overhaul of our moderation team. We are saying farewell to Xero and Luzoto who have helped us since last year. Their contributions were a definite help and they will be missed in the bat cave. Rosie and Camila have both received promotions to Global Mods for their hard work and positive attitudes. Arch-Angel will be leaving us temporarily for around 2 months this new year while he's at basic training, so wish him well and good luck! He will be joining us again around March after he leaves January 3rd.

To replace the two mods we're losing, we've extended invitations to acutelatios and Raptor to be mods for the show off and general sections respectively. They have both accepted and are now officially part of the team! So give them a big warm welcome as moderators and hope for the best!

In the new year there's a strong chance we may be looking for a few more new moderators, so keep an eye out for a new announcement for when that happens. We'll likely be doing more moderator applications like we did last year.

That's all for today, and just in case I don't talk to some of you for the next week, have a safe and happy new year!

Sharp
12-30-2013, 10:36 AM
I really like the new rules thread, it's much more convenient than the last one. The new mods and promotions were all very good, sweet job Jeff(and everyone else).

S.A.R.X
12-30-2013, 10:38 AM
coll jeff!!!! i won't miss it when it happened. The moderator applications

Arch-Angel
12-30-2013, 02:22 PM
New rules thread! It's been so long!

Mustika
12-30-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm loving the new Official Rules thread, really easy to understand along with Glossary as well. :D
Farewell to Xero and Luzoto and welcome to the new mods! Congratulations once again for the current mods, I'm also looking forward for the application day.
Good luck for Arch-Angel for his 2 months basic training, too.

Boomerang
12-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Nice rule change up, it's a lot more specific than the previous one. Also, farewell Arch-Angel and congratulations to the new Global Mods and Moderators!

Arch-Angel
12-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm only going to be gone temporarily, boomerang. I'll come back and change your avatar some more!!

Edit: speaking of avatars, I like the new one. It suits you well.

Reconcile
12-30-2013, 06:14 PM
This is the best forum change ever

stone
12-30-2013, 08:25 PM
The stick page crew is the best!

S.A.R.X
12-30-2013, 08:27 PM
The stick page crew is the best!
absolutely!!!!!!!!! you're right!!!!!!

DigitalFlamer105
12-30-2013, 08:42 PM
I like the new official rule thread. It's so organized and very helpful.

Also, I noticed something at the Conduct section... You must be 13 years or older. So uh, What'll happen to the members that are 12 year old or younger? (Also the forum change, I like it also.)

Rebmund10
12-30-2013, 11:16 PM
So far so good.

_Ai_
12-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Is the 13 year old requirement a new rule? I don't recall it on the previous rules.

Anyways, congrats to acute, raptor, camila and rosie! Take care of us properly, m'kay?

Hewitt
12-31-2013, 12:13 AM
It was a previously unseen rule that we are once again re-enforcing. It's always been around, we just haven't shown it till now.

devi
12-31-2013, 01:53 AM
There have been a few people who don't meet the standards and lie...... not that I would know *ahem*
anyway great update to the rules, we're gonna need them
And good luck to our new mods. That is if they are gonna need it.

Reconcile
12-31-2013, 01:57 AM
It was a previously unseen rule that we are once again re-enforcing. It's always been around, we just haven't shown it till now.

So what happens to the underaged 12 and below that are currently here get banned till they're 13 or let them stay as exclusives?

SyaddadKazama
12-31-2013, 01:59 AM
I like the new rules, Jeff. This rules are more understandable and good to read.
Nice job.

Phantom Ace
12-31-2013, 02:04 AM
I now like the new Official Rules Thread more than the last Rules Thread. And also, congratulations on getting promoted of being a Global Moderator Rosie and Camila! And hello to the new moderators named, Raptor & Acutelatois! And I'll be waiting for the hiring of some new moderators next year.

Camila
12-31-2013, 08:44 AM
You can't join the forums if you're 12 years old or less.

devi
12-31-2013, 08:45 AM

Question: Why?

Camila
12-31-2013, 08:49 AM
A lot of the conversation topics here are not for really young kids, they always take a joke as an offense and they don't know how to deal with sarcasm, which is an everyday topic here, they are just not mature enough to join the forums yet.

devi
12-31-2013, 08:50 AM
A lot of the conversation topics here are not for really young kids, they always take a joke as an offense and they don't know how to deal with sarcasm, which is an everyday topic here, they are just not mature enough to join the forums yet.

Alright. That makes a lot of sense.

Apex-Predator
12-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Well good luck in the new year.

_Ai_
12-31-2013, 10:13 AM

Can we really know that though? You can always join in with a fake birthdate.

GuardianTempest
12-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Can we really know that though? You can always join in with a fake birthdate.We can tell from their posting habits as well as the inevitable "Psst keep this a secret I'm actually 12" sort of thing. From the way they post we can arouse suspicion of them not being as mature as their age then hammer them with hard-hitting interrogatives.

Sleep-deprived

Reconcile
12-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Is being 11 but acting like 13 legal? Like ImnotLyle? He seems quite the 13-ish.

Jeff
12-31-2013, 03:35 PM
The age rule has to do with US law. It is not negotiable.

DigitalFlamer105
12-31-2013, 06:55 PM
So what will happen to members who are 12 years old or younger? Will they be banned until they become 13 years old?

Camila
12-31-2013, 07:43 PM
So what will happen to members who are 12 years old or younger? Will they be banned until they become 13 years old?

I.... think so (?) I can't think in any 12 years old guy for now.

S.A.R.X
12-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Lots of my friends is 12 years old and younger here, in SP forum.

Rebmund10
12-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Lots of my friends is 12 years old and younger here, in SP forum.
Like vianbni?

S.A.R.X
12-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Like vianbni?
Absolutely! How do you know?

Alien
12-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Question: Why?

You're not 13 yet are you?

Nice job Jeff and the rest of the bat cave!

Rebmund10
12-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Absolutely! How do you know?
He suck at pivot.

NaB3R!u$
01-01-2014, 12:09 AM
He suck at pivot.

Age doesn't determine a person's animating skills.

S.A.R.X
01-01-2014, 12:13 AM
but, that's true
anyway, he's leaving pivot. He's going to use flash now

Hydra
01-01-2014, 12:29 AM
woah thanks for working so hard on updating the forums Jeff :D *claps* and congrats Camila Rosie, acutelatios and Raptor

Scarecrow
01-01-2014, 02:21 AM
Just in relation to the rules thread, I'd like to suggest the addition of a clearly defined protocol for users who feel that they have been banned wrongly and wish to discuss the issue. This was something that was mentioned on the old one, I think, but I didn't see anything about it on the new one.

A few things to keep in mind:
- banned users can't tell who banned them
- they will need to make a new account to discuss the issue
- they may feel inclined to make a thread to talk about it, for lack of knowing who exactly to talk to

Jeff
01-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Just in relation to the rules thread, I'd like to suggest the addition of a clearly defined protocol for users who feel that they have been banned wrongly and wish to discuss the issue. This was something that was mentioned on the old one, I think, but I didn't see anything about it on the new one.

A few things to keep in mind:
- banned users can't tell who banned them
- they will need to make a new account to discuss the issue
- they may feel inclined to make a thread to talk about it, for lack of knowing who exactly to talk to

That's a good point. I did include a footnote about this:

3. An exception to this rule is made if you wish to discuss a ban on your account and have no other means to do so. You may not do anything with this account except for Private Message a staff member to discuss the ban. If you post under this account or otherwise use it as you would your regular account, both accounts may be permanently banned.

But maybe this should also have it's own section. When I get home I'll add something in

Scarecrow
01-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Oh, that footnote is actually what I was thinking of, but I thought for some reason that was in the old rules thread. Regardless, there is definitely room for clarification, and a section of its own would definitely help it stand out. Good on ya Jeff.

Apex-Predator
01-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Quick question, has the ex-mod section in the forum leaders page been moved somewhere else or deleted?

Shadowkirby
01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Quick question, has the ex-mod section in the forum leaders page been moved somewhere else or deleted?

They were removed, I believed.

Jeff
01-01-2014, 07:43 PM
They were removed because they aren't exactly "leaders" any more. That page is meant to be a quick directory for people you can ask for help with stuff.

Smile
01-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Camila is like, a global mod now? Shit that gives me like, 3 months tops before getting permabanned.

Rosie
01-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Camila is like, a global mod now? Shit that gives me like, 3 months tops before getting permabanned.

Guess who also has 24/7 access to your ass now. ;)

Smile
01-02-2014, 05:24 AM
Guess who also has 24/7 access to your ass now. ;)

I'm pretty sure Obama won't harm my fat and shiny ass.

Oh you mean you? Well I doubt you hate me as much as Camila does so I think you won't anal me as much as she will when she gets the chance.

Hewitt
01-02-2014, 05:39 AM
Stop tempting fate, damnit

Smile
01-02-2014, 06:03 AM
lol actually if Rosie ends up banning me I'm sure it won't be because I said that she won't. She's a perfectly rational mod and won't do anything so violent with such petty reasons as to prove someone wrong.

right?

okay i'm sort of scared now.

Camila
01-02-2014, 07:40 AM

If you do something to get banned you'll get banned, the fact that I don't like you much has nothing to do with my mod duties.

Apex-Predator
01-02-2014, 08:19 AM
perfectly rational mod and won't do anything so violent with such petty reasons as to prove someone wrong.

Yeah, because no mod has ever done that

devi
01-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah, because no mod has ever done that

.... yet of course. *dun dun dun*

Atomicapple
01-02-2014, 06:34 PM

The sarcasm was obvious devi.

Smile
01-02-2014, 06:42 PM