PDA

View Full Version : how is this?

Rokon
12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
So I decided to change my figures but I don't know what I should use now. How do these look?
http://www.filz.us/files/b6326c27/5aa/new_fig_test_anim.gif

Vexor the immortal
12-31-2013, 09:44 PM
You animated me cool!!

Still gotta work on movements though

Rokon
01-01-2014, 02:31 AM
You animated me cool!!

Still gotta work on movements though

Lol thought you might think that. That wasn't Dt that was an old friend of Ashige's from his world (this anim is of what Ashige did when he got the world travel device for Christmas)

Phosphate
01-01-2014, 02:53 AM
you need to learn some easing flow because they just go from pose to pose its like watching pictures

Rokon
01-01-2014, 03:02 AM
you need to learn some easing flow because they just go from pose to pose its like watching pictures

This anim was more about seeing if I should use these figures than if I should work on my skills I know where the actual animation is flawed.

Phosphate
01-01-2014, 04:41 AM
This anim was more about seeing if I should use these figures than if I should work on my skills I know where the actual animation is flawed.then why not add easing and actually make it look nice while you use new figures ??? there is pretty much no difference between your figures and how to use them

Zed
01-01-2014, 04:52 AM
^What he said, but also, you need more than one back joint. I'd use three or four.

Rokon
01-01-2014, 01:12 PM
you need more than one back joint. I'd use three or four.

I would but I can't image a body moving like that. I'll try it though cause I've come to points where I feel there should be more joints in the "back" (I call it torso)

Phosphate
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I would but I can't image a body moving like that. I'll try it though cause I've come to points where I feel there should be more joints in the "back" (I call it torso)you can still use two back joints if you have good easing i only use two because it just seems easier to ease imo

Zed
01-02-2014, 08:06 AM
The problem isn't really to do with the body being able to what you need it to do, the issue is that a straight back never looks natural. Backs curve. You want to have enough joints that the viewer can't even tell where the joints are. This is a very old animation, but think how much worse it would look if the back had fewer joints:

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx353/Zed31415/Birfdayswing.gif~original

Rokon
01-02-2014, 09:52 PM
I see what you mean Zed. I'll look into it