PDA

View Full Version : Easing Practice

jdavis104
01-17-2014, 01:10 PM
I tried practicing my easing. I think I did pretty good.

http://i43.tinypic.com/15wyqyv.gif

Ikarhan
01-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Still not enough to me... It still happens fast, too fast. Ease that reaaaaaaaally slow.

Phosphate
01-17-2014, 09:59 PM
needs a bit more easing and he also falls to fast and seems to just stop on the ground and when he gets pulled he should go in the direction he was pulled not just fall to the ground in a straight line

NaB3R!u$
01-18-2014, 12:27 AM
I think it looks okay, but try to slow it down a little and it will be very good :)

Ekzolol
01-18-2014, 04:41 AM
Footplacement is not very good. The animation's antsy. Every part of the stickman should be watched after and should move smoothly. I'll explain more about how to do it later, when I don't feel lazy :P
Also, too little easing.
The difference between the beginning of the motion and the middle of it should be more... Noticeable. Or there just should be more frames for the beginning and ending of each motion. Anyway, something here is wrong and you surely have things to fix. But nice try anyway. Continue practicing.

And yes, bad physics. Forgot to say it. Agreed with Sifterpivoter's words also (even if he seems kind of rude to me)

sifterpivoter
01-18-2014, 05:09 AM
You guys obviously have a bad definition of easing. In case none of you have noticed, what jdavis made here has no easing nor flow at all. Easing is changing your speed gradualy from slow to fast and vice versa(key word: Gradualy)with consistency to avoid abrupt movements while flow is an eased transition between a move and another. As you can see, your spacing is inconsistent since it's sometimes goes slow, then fast, the slow again. In other words, things aren't organised. Also, physics is an important factor for good animation. When jumping, you're supposed to build up enough power to push your self to the air for a little while, and the way to animate it is by easing a bit before you fully stop then jump. As for the second jump and the fly thing or howere you call it was physically impossible. How could someone jump THAT far without enough momentum? Even huge amount of momentum won't let you reach that distance.
Forgot to mention that the sitting guy had to bounce a bit when he hit the ground.
I can fill you in with more details and flaws but for not, all you gotta care about is to animate decently, which means you're not even smooth considering the motion path isn't curvey at all.
Over all, assuming that you just started Pivot, you're alright. Just start a camping fire on the Darkdemon tutorial section since it has the Best Pivot tutorials out there because boy, you need helluvalotta tutorials before you start to practice. Hard practice.

Phosphate
01-18-2014, 05:56 AM
^^^^
what sifter also you lack anticipation before the jumps he should of slowed down every time he landed

jdavis104
01-18-2014, 08:12 AM
You guys obviously have a bad definition of easing. In case none of you have noticed, what jdavis made here has no easing nor flow at all. Easing is changing your speed gradualy from slow to fast and vice versa(key word: Gradualy)with consistency to avoid abrupt movements while flow is an eased transition between a move and another. As you can see, your spacing is inconsistent since it's sometimes goes slow, then fast, the slow again. In other words, things aren't organised. Also, physics is an important factor for good animation. When jumping, you're supposed to build up enough power to push your self to the air for a little while, and the way to animate it is by easing a bit before you fully stop then jump. As for the second jump and the fly thing or howere you call it was physically impossible. How could someone jump THAT far without enough momentum? Even huge amount of momentum won't let you reach that distance.
Forgot to mention that the sitting guy had to bounce a bit when he hit the ground.
I can fill you in with more details and flaws but for not, all you gotta care about is to animate decently, which means you're not even smooth considering the motion path isn't curvey at all.
Over all, assuming that you just started Pivot, you're alright. Just start a camping fire on the Darkdemon tutorial section since it has the Best Pivot tutorials out there because boy, you need helluvalotta tutorials before you start to practice. Hard practice.

I agree with most of what you said, except the 'How could someone jump THAT far without enough momentum?'. I've seen videos where the sticks just fly thousands of feet into the air. Momentum isn't taken very seriously, and if battles were realistic, there would be a a few punches or maybe one hit with a weapon. I'm not aiming for realism, they're stick figures. I'm just working on some easing. Anyway, thank you all for the tips! :D