PDA

View Full Version : BSE V5 R3 Entry

Fuzzybrain
01-27-2014, 01:56 PM
So.. I am a little late on posting this, but here it is: http://fuzzybrain200.deviantart.com/art/Bestsequenceexecutionversionfiveroundthree-425263519

CnC plz.

flamr
01-27-2014, 02:29 PM
This animation could have been better :(. It was very wobbly throughout the animation and some of the attacks were not possible. Not in the sense of special powers but the way in which the stick figures bodies moved. The wobbliness is not helped by the fact tht the actual drawing of the stick figures is wobbly. Try to use a smoother brush setting and draw the stickfigure out limb by limb. Although, this will take longer to animate, it's worth it. The headbutt looked weird because it looked more like his head grew and shrank. It would have been more clear if it was 2d so we could see the fact that his head goes back. Another weird part was when he was about to throw the spaceship there was a fullbody angle, it was actually decent, but way too fast for us to see it properly, so try to leave it there for a few more frames. On a more picky note, what happened after he threw the spaceship was a bit unclear, also you could try and use the line tool to clean up your angles and give a better result. Another thing you can do, is try to add more effects. For example, when the ship exploded, you could have shown the explosion instead of just a blue screen. All that said, this was a very good idea for the BSE and you did manage to finish your part which is something not everybody was capable of. Keep on practicing and with this same work ethic you will be able to become an extremely good animator sooner than you might think.
I hope you don't find my CnC harsh, even though it is quite long.

PivotBlimp
01-27-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't wanna sound harsh, but giving CnC on this is pointless. You know you need to practice. If you don't know what to practice, try animating a ball smoothly. Learn how to draw a stick figure and watch a few tutorials. Look at one of Terkoiz's or someone's videos and ask yourself if you can see anything wrong with your animation. I have a feeling you're quite young though, learning what looks good and what doesn't will come naturally over time. Bottom-line, just practice the basic stuff like easing and stuff like that. As flamr said, not everyone has the will to finish an animation, but you seem to have that down.