PDA

View Full Version : BSE Version 5 Round 5: Carrier Carnage

Tsang
02-27-2014, 11:06 PM
http://www.filz.us/files/4af76771/414/BSE_picture.png

Yep. It's that time of the year again! Time to bring back the combo competition that you guys love!
--- It's time to get things kickin' up in here! ---

New Rules about posting

if anyone is going to post any of the following...

- Joining posts. ("IM IN", "I'LL START NOW")
- Promises ("I promise to do it next time", "I promise not to suck", "I promise I will not fail")

Progress:

- People who post images on their progress in an attempt to get circlejerked, you CAN post 1 screenshot here and there but not in every single one of your posts.

- Excuses ("My tablet broke.", "School is coming.", "Noooo I DIDNT SAVE MY WORK")

BSE questions:

- People who ask how many days/hours/minutes are left when it is CLEAR that there is a clock on the first post.

- Asking questions that have already been answered (and displayed on the first post, or have just literally been answered)

- Asking questions about the BSE (how do I join, what's the prize, whats the BSE, etc)

Being patient

- Posts asking about future stuff ("WHEN IS THE NEXT ROUND", "WHEN ARE THE SCORES COMING OUT", "HURRY UP TSANG/CAMILA")

Off topic:

- Off-topic chatter that has nothing to do with the BSE

...in any future BSE Thread from here on out. We will be infracting you for spam. We will make this announcement again in future threads so there wont be any excuses.

You've been warned.

For those who are unfamiliar of how BSE works...

What is B.S.E.?

It's a very simple yet fun idea, you will be given a sequence of moves and a ”special element” that must be performed in a combo. The combo is being performed by ONE stickfigure against another stickfigure. The special element can be anything from superpowers and special weapons, to different environments and music synchronization.

An example:

Combo: Punch, Punch, Kick, Kick, Kick."
Or "Punch, Kick, Throw.

Special element: The combo must be performed inside a wind tunnel.

The combos will become more advanced the further on down the competition. The final round will always have the longest combo of them all.

How many rounds?

There will be 10 rounds, each one will last 2-4 weeks. No rounds will be shortened or lengthened, even if everyone finishes their animations early, or most people don’t finish on time.

Length?

There will be NO minimum length. However, obviously, length may act as a catalyst for getting more points, which will be distributed for actual animating skill.

Can I miss a round?

You are allowed to miss out rounds and you are allowed to join this competition in any round you want, although this will obviously affect your overall score.

I'm finished!

At the end of the 10 rounds a winner will be chosen from the highest overall score, and an award will be given to the highest scorer of every round. The top mark for each round will be 10, your end score will obviously then be out of 100.

Let's get into the action!

----------------------------

Combo!

Punch, Punch, Uppercut, Sweep Kick, Kick, Jab, Headbutt, Bone Breaker, Body Slam.

Jab
A jab is essentially a quicker punch, one usually requiring lesser force than its counterpart and the arm committing to the attack snaps back immediately after it has been executed.

Sweep Kick
Watch this video if you don't know what a sweep kick is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmiYkUX9qi8)

Special Element - The combo must be performed on a moving conveyor belt, treadmill, or any platform constantly traveling in any direction for the duration of the animation.

-----------------------------
Due Date!
March 26, 2014 - Eastern Standard Time. [UTC -5]

-----------------------------

-- Score Description --

http://www.filz.us/files/7556ebd1/908/Score_description.png

Goal for this round: Be as creative as possible, let's see how creative each one of you are once again!

---------------------------------

Entries!

Entries
Judge 1
Judge 2
Judge 3
Final Score

Bavel13 (http://www.filz.us/view/418d91ad-3d0/)

PivotBlimp (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1363/)

Chewy (http://chewyfa.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-5-439947692)

EhMeD_Emer (http://ehmed-anims.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-5-441434323?ga_submit_new=10%253A1395254529)

SJT15 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Bm-AE4HVk&list=UUp_Kcd-ZndWVPo8Lx35cl0Q)

Foscex (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1418/)

captain4dji (http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R5-441187574)

pyrosamurai (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1413/)

JanRavnik (http://jananims.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-5-442175023?q=gallery%3AJanAnims&qo=0)

FL-Nordin (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1421/)

ACBeam (http://acbeaam.deviantart.com/art/Bsev5r5-442587376?ga_submit_new=10%253A1395699479)

_SAVY_ (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1436/)

Congratulations to FL-Nordin for winning the first place! and congratulations to Foscex for get the second place (only 0.1 of difference, pretty close tbh)

---------------------------------

http://www.filz.us/files/b7078fbc/86b/BSE_Overall_Scores.png

Kodoku
02-27-2014, 11:31 PM
I had a weekly like this when I had a clan c:

EDIT:

Combo!

Punch, Punch, Uppercut, Sweep Kick, Kick, Jab, Headbutt, Bone Breaker, Body Slam.

Bone breaker can be ANY hit as long it breaks a bone? or the headbutt must break the bone?

Tsang
02-27-2014, 11:39 PM
The bone breaker can happen to absolutely any bone, as long as it's evident that certain bone has been broken. :)

devi
02-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Bone breaker can be ANY hit as long it breaks a bone? or the headbutt must break the bone?

Tsang-The bone breaker can happen to absolutely any bone, as long as it's evident that certain bone has been broken.

<Tsang> (Kodoku) Oh, something that it's not moving but causes the sticks to move against their will, right?
<Tsang> Bingo :D.

What tsang said
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

I'll reserve this post for all the questions asked, so people can go here before they ask any question. Just so we don't get the same question 500 times over.

Kodoku
02-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Tsang-The bone breaker can happen to absolutely any bone, as long as it's evident that certain bone has been broken.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

I'll reserve this post for all the questions asked, so people can go here before they ask any question. Just so we don't get the same question 500 times over.

They usually do that on the thread xD

Tsang told me this on IRC:

<Tsang> (Kodoku) Oh, something that it's not moving but causes the sticks to move against their will, right?
<Tsang> Bingo :D

So to avoid someone asking, it can be any kind of platform that make the sticks to move on any direction against their will.

Op34
02-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Oh waw this is going to be fun :D

captain4dji
02-28-2014, 12:41 AM
it's really a hard element...

_SAVY_
02-28-2014, 03:32 AM
im sorry but is there ever going to be a different combo? like something with a sword or a special weapon?

Turquoise#2
02-28-2014, 03:50 AM
Hey, pretty interesting (albeit easy looking)element! The combos are simple, but the elements keep surprising!

Arch-Angel
02-28-2014, 05:33 AM
I might try to make something for this since I really only draw on my laptop now :(

Rebmund10
02-28-2014, 06:14 AM
Can the fight happen in two moving things? Like a train or two trucks?

captain4dji
02-28-2014, 06:55 AM
i got a idea
but i have a question
can each/some combo preformed by different stick or just can 1 stick attack?

(i mean like this
punch kick jab finisher)
red attack first then blue fight back.
then red hit blue again finally blue finish red
is this allowed?

Mustika
02-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Unless there is no counter attack(s), you're not allowed to do that. So, the whole combo must be executed with one stick only.

Reconcile
02-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Is it just me or is the special element getting harder and harder

Camila
02-28-2014, 08:30 AM
@SAVY , sure you can always create your very own combo and perform it the way you want outside this competition!

@rebmund sure that's up to your creativity.

@captain is exactly as mustika said, is there's no counter-something then only 1 stick will perform the combo, like the old classic versions

@Recon , that's the point of BSE.

Reconcile
02-28-2014, 08:35 AM
@Recon , that's the point of BSE.

Well yeah ofc.
So much for challenge tho

_SAVY_
02-28-2014, 08:46 AM
@SAVY , sure you can always create your very own combo and perform it the way you want outside this competition!

thanks ill keep that in mind!

bring it on
02-28-2014, 10:30 AM
the element looks very good i will try it :)

Camila
02-28-2014, 11:10 AM
I edited hewitt's post and this is the list of the new rules about posting in the BSE thread, they are also in the frontpage and they will be applied.

New Rules about posting

if anyone is going to post any of the following...

- Joining posts. ("IM IN", "I'LL START NOW")
- Promises ("I promise to do it next time", "I promise not to suck", "I promise I will not fail")

Progress:

- People who post images on their progress in an attempt to get circlejerked, you CAN post 1 screenshot here and there but not in every single one of your posts.

- Excuses ("My tablet broke.", "School is coming.", "Noooo I DIDNT SAVE MY WORK")

BSE questions:

- People who ask how many days/hours/minutes are left when it is CLEAR that there is a clock on the first post.

- Asking questions that have already been answered (and displayed on the first post, or have just literally been answered)

- Asking questions about the BSE (how do I join, what's the prize, whats the BSE, etc)

Being patient

- Posts asking about future stuff ("WHEN IS THE NEXT ROUND", "WHEN ARE THE SCORES COMING OUT", "HURRY UP TSANG/CAMILA")

Off topic:

- Off-topic chatter that has nothing to do with the BSE

...in any future BSE Thread from here on out. We will be infracting you for spam. We will make this announcement again in future threads so there wont be any excuses.

You've been warned.

Xenon-54
02-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Question.
Can the object change direction and stop at somepoint of the animation or does it have to be moving constantly.

captain4dji
02-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Can the fighting fight on a moving object like train that in/on/inside it is not moving but the whole thing is moving
(Basically, can the fighting preformed on a train?
)

bring it on
02-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Can the fighting fight on a moving object like train that in/on/inside it is not moving but the whole thing is moving
)

hey that was my idea

Arch-Angel
02-28-2014, 12:36 PM
You guys are lucky I'm not hosting BSE. My themes would be too crazy :p

Camila my love I miss chatting with you on IRC!!

Camila
02-28-2014, 12:51 PM
You guys are lucky I'm not hosting BSE. My themes would be too crazy :p

Camila my love I miss chatting with you on IRC!!

then get on irc, I'm there right now.

Also captan and bringiton. you guys can't do that since the combo must be affected by this thing in movement, what's the point of having this special element if you guys are not going to use it after all?

FL-Nordin
02-28-2014, 01:04 PM
)

Caramela is right
BUT
You can put a moving treadmill / conveyor belt on top of you're train and you're good

Camila
02-28-2014, 01:18 PM
I'll clarify something, you can't do the fight inside the train, that would be silly because it affects in absolutely nothing the combo, you CAN do it if you're ON the train, where the sticks' movement can be affected by the train's movement (which is the point of having this special element).

Clear now?.

bring it on
02-28-2014, 01:29 PM
yes, thanks camila

Arch-Angel
02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
then get on irc, I'm there right now.

Also captan and bringiton. you guys can't do that since the combo must be affected by this thing in movement, what's the point of having this special element if you guys are not going to use it after all?

I'll clarify something, you can't do the fight inside the train, that would be silly because it affects in absolutely nothing the combo, you CAN do it if you're ON the train, where the sticks' movement can be affected by the train's movement (which is the point of having this special element).

Clear now?.

I'm on my phone so I really can't very often and when I can you will probably be asleep!!!

Also, I feel like animating on top of a train is a way to get out of the special ability. Maybe clarify what to animate ie the sticks in constant motion with the element. You can move around on top of a train easier than a treadmill. Idk I guess it depends on the animation.

FL-Nordin
03-01-2014, 04:08 AM
For those who dont understand this special element
its kinda like the same as "The Wheel Collab"

Arch-Angel
03-01-2014, 05:55 AM
For those who dont understand this special element
its kinda like the same as "The Wheel Collab"

Exactly. Which is why if it was animated on too of a moving train the only time the background would have much of an affect is if they went airborne.

Edit: unless they were fighting while running in the opposite direction if the train.

Foscex
03-01-2014, 06:45 AM
can i make them fight on like these flying blocks who are constantly moving in one deriction in the air
( some blocks have diffrent speed than the others, so it is very dynamic)
or am i completly wrong?

EhMeD_Emer
03-01-2014, 07:09 AM
can i make them fight on like these flying blocks who are constantly moving in one deriction in the air
( some blocks have diffrent speed than the others, so it is very dynamic)
or am i completly wrong?

is that black rock shooter inspired? i dunno about wether its legible or not , but thats an ok idea

Foscex
03-01-2014, 09:14 AM
is that black rock shooter inspired? i dunno about wether its legible or not , but thats an ok idea

i think everything i do is blackrockshooter inspired haha
no, i just wanted to be original, i dont even know if they used this in blackrockshooter..
:)

Arch-Angel
03-01-2014, 09:19 AM
i think everything i do is blackrockshooter inspired haha
no, i just wanted to be original, i dont even know if they used this in blackrockshooter..
:)

Dude I watched your anim for last round and what I can't understand is how the hell Nordin got a higher score than you? He's a great animator but yours was the superior out of the two for last round. Blow this one out of the water broooooo!

_SAVY_
03-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Dude I watched your anim for last round and what I can't understand is how the hell Nordin got a higher score than you? He's a great animator but yours was the superior out of the two for last round. Blow this one out of the water broooooo!

foscex did not really animate the special element

Foscex
03-01-2014, 09:23 AM

haha thanks man,
im already working on it, and it looks pretty darn good so far, both in my head and on canvas :)

Arch-Angel
03-01-2014, 09:24 AM
foscex did not really animate the special element

Neither did Nordin.

haha thanks man,
im already working on it, and it looks pretty darn good so far, both in my head and on canvas :)

That's what's up man. I can't wait to see that shit!

FL-Nordin
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
My idea for this round is gonna be Carrier Carnage
idk why its called carrier but the carnage part is gonna get included
IF i can animate carnage without affecting the 2 main sticks is that possible?
or are people gonna cry because sticks are getting slaughtered who are not part of the combo?
my question basicly: can sticks get killed all over the place as long as the 2 main sticks are still doing their combo???

_SAVY_
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
im animating right now on my bse check it out! : http://www.twitch.tv/savyflip LIVE <-----

i will delete this if im not allowed to post this stuff

Storm
03-01-2014, 01:17 PM
im animating right now on my bse check it out! : http://www.twitch.tv/savyflip LIVE <-----

i will delete this if im not allowed to post this stuff

its sad how we have to be so skeptical :c

anyways can the first punch be without the bg moving? Like he punches him and he falls on a lever which he pulls accidentally with his back and then everything starts moving faster?

Camila
03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
As long as the 2 main sticks oerform their combo with no interruptions except from the moving thing you'll use, you can add anything you want around them.

And actually I think that out of all the entries from the last round the one that actually implemented the special element in a perfect way was SJT

Storm
03-01-2014, 01:30 PM
As long as the 2 main sticks oerform their combo with no interruptions except from the moving thing you'll use, you can add anything you want around them.

And actually I think that out of all the entries from the last round the one that actually implemented the special element in a perfect way was SJT

but you specifically said don't change the bg from forest to dessert, that's kinda what he did D:

it was epic doe.

bring it on
03-01-2014, 01:49 PM
but you specifically said don't change the bg from forest to dessert, that's kinda what he did D:

it was epic doe.

yes, but the backgrounds where moving all the time

Storm
03-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Ah, I watched it again. Yeah I'm wrong
yes, but the backgrounds where moving all the time

Foscex
03-01-2014, 03:25 PM
hehe, not to drag or anything
but guess who is 40 seconds in
and not even a single hit has been landed haha

and yes sjt did a fricking great job with the special element :D
but in my eyes, maybe im totally wrong, this element can also been seen as 'changing background'
so for me its like almost the same as previous round :(

Storm
03-01-2014, 03:44 PM
hehe, not to drag or anything
but guess who is 40 seconds in
and not even a single hit has been landed haha

and yes sjt did a fricking great job with the special element :D
but in my eyes, maybe im totally wrong, this element can also been seen as 'changing background'
so for me its like almost the same as previous round :(

oh I thought I was the only one that noticed... And I didn't wanna say it because I'm a target for infractions up in dis bitch. And nice!

I think its because only a few people actually did it right last round lol so they summed it up easier.

FL-Nordin
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM

okay thanks

and for the scores part i actually think that the only one that really implemented the special element was PivotBlimp because his sticks where constantly reacting to a changing scenery
or 1 of the judges for that round was not focussing on the special element
but i quess thats why there are 3 judges instead of 1

Fuzzybrain
03-02-2014, 09:25 AM
k, so everyone says that i need to work on my 2D, and stick constrution before angles. I guess i'll take people's advice. :D

PivotBlimp
03-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Exactly. Which is why if it was animated on too of a moving train the only time the background would have much of an affect is if they went airborne.

Edit: unless they were fighting while running in the opposite direction if the train.
This element confuses me. Does the stick have to be going in the opposite direction of the object that's traveling? Or can they just go along with it? If all you have to do is be "on" a traveling platform, I could just throw them on a floating block going upward and have them fight there, then the motion wouldn't really even affect the sticks after a while. If this was the case, it'd be just like fighting without a background. And why can't they be inside the train? The floor is the platform, and it's traveling. The walls and ceiling are just shelter.

Ahh, this is too confusing to think about. I just don't wanna lose points off of a misunderstanding.

bring it on
03-02-2014, 01:02 PM
This element confuses me. Does the stick have to be going in the opposite direction of the object that's traveling? Or can they just go along with it? If all you have to do is be "on" a traveling platform, I could just throw them on a floating block going upward and have them fight there, then the motion wouldn't really even affect the sticks after a while. If this was the case, it'd be just like fighting without a background. And why can't they be inside the train? The floor is the platform, and it's traveling. The walls and ceiling are just shelter.

Ahh, this is too confusing to think about. I just don't wanna lose points off of a misunderstanding.

the combo must be affected by the traveling platform so i think if the fight is inside the train it dont affect but on the train it can affect

it should be like a treadmill or a conveyor belt

Foscex
03-02-2014, 02:06 PM
heres a little pic from me
haha 57 seconds done, im at the jab now, this is gonna be awesome :D
how u guys doing?
http://www.filz.us/files/609a6d9f/7ba/bseround5.png

bring it on
03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
wow foscex,it looks really awesome.:eek:

i am at the intro :(

_SAVY_
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
my entry is looking pretty ugly so far.. but ill just continue it cuz i know i cant do better until i practice more..

bring it on
03-02-2014, 03:02 PM
my entry is looking pretty ugly so far.. but ill just continue it cuz i know i cant do better until i practice more..

i saw you in twich online and it looks very good,you will get a high score sure :D

_SAVY_
03-02-2014, 04:03 PM
i saw you in twich online and it looks very good,you will get a high score sure :D

thank you bring it on :J

Rafah
03-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Wow, I think Im joining this one!
Its ok if the anim doesnt start in the conveyor belt, right?

bring it on
03-02-2014, 05:20 PM
thank you bring it on :J

no problem buddy ;)

i think its ok

Tsang
03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Yeah! As long as the entire combo takes place on the conveyor belt/shifting platform/etc., and you part doesn't have to start immediately with the combo. You can do a little scene where they get TO the conveyor belt/shifting platform/etc.

JanRavnik
03-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I have 2 questions, both might be..ehmm...silly
Can we make fullbody and would a falling rock count as a moving platform for a part of the animation?

_SAVY_
03-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Can we make fullbody and would a falling rock count as a moving platform for a part of the animation?

the fullbody question was anwsered to yun in version 4 i dont think that its allowed

Tsang
03-03-2014, 04:40 PM
As a reply to your first question, no, sadly. They've gotta be stick figures.

For your second question, you can have a falling rock at the beginning of your animation if you choose to have a beginning leading to the combo, but your combo must occur entirely on a flat moving surface.

Arch-Angel
03-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Whoa slow down high speed. What if the rock/boulder was spinning while falling? Rather than a straight drop down. It would still give the treadmill effect as it would require the characters to keep moving.

Tsang
03-03-2014, 08:52 PM
If it's a series of falling rocks and the stick figures have to keep their pace, then yeah, that could work. As long as the sticks aren't on one falling rock the entire time they execute the combo, it'd be fine.

Turquoise#2
03-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Is i possible that none of the attacks hit, but the whole combo is performed? I'm trying to put a bit of humor in my anim :3

Xenon-54
03-04-2014, 10:12 AM
WHAT NO FULLBODY 0-0
now i have to restart. Great.
Question: Can the object stop moving at one point in the combo or change direction?

Storm
03-04-2014, 12:34 PM
WHAT NO FULLBODY 0-0
now i have to restart. Great.
Question: Can the object stop moving at one point in the combo or change direction?

only if the combo isnt going on you can stop but yeah i think you can change directions

SJT15
03-05-2014, 07:33 AM
SAVY IS CLASSY :DDD
I'm just round the corner towards the uppercut but this will be the character that will featured in this rounds BSE.
http://www.filz.us/files/fc028645/3b4/SAVY.png

This Picture is still in the WIP stage and the final might be different or with added new features.

Bavel13
03-05-2014, 09:05 AM
heres my round

http://filz.us/2b3q

Foscex
03-05-2014, 09:23 AM
heres my round

http://filz.us/2b3q

:O
epic man!
you did a really good job, i loved the power in this anim

Bavel13
03-05-2014, 09:25 AM
:O
epic man!
you did a really good job, i loved the power in this anim

love to hear that from you

Camila
03-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Nice entry indeed and that's exactly the reaction to the special element that we ewre looking for. You used terkoiz's sprites right?.

Bavel13
03-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Nice entry indeed and that's exactly the reaction to the special element that we ewre looking for. You used terkoiz's sprites right?.

yeeeeeeeeeees

:rolleyes:

Camila
03-05-2014, 09:51 AM
yeeeeeeeeeees

:rolleyes:

lol is ok, you should make some credits and mention it btw. Also don't overuse the same sprite so many times in a row, you can make it smaller/bigger to make it look kinda different, it'd look better ;3

FL-Nordin
03-05-2014, 01:58 PM
SAVY IS CLASSY :DDD
I'm just round the corner towards the uppercut but this will be the character that will featured in this rounds BSE.
http://www.filz.us/files/fc028645/3b4/SAVY.png

This Picture is still in the WIP stage and the final might be different or with added new features.

is that a....a...mustache???
if so...10/10 xD

Foscex
03-05-2014, 02:32 PM
question!
the bone breaker, can the winning stick break multiple bones?
like punch => armbroke followed by a kick => legbroke followed by a dropkick => backbroke

or would that count as 3 moves?

JanRavnik
03-05-2014, 02:43 PM
question!
the bone breaker, can the winning stick break multiple bones?
like punch => armbroke followed by a kick => legbroke followed by a dropkick => backbroke

or would that count as 3 moves?
Speaking of the bone break, must it be broken by an attack or can it be broken by impact e.g. the stick falls from a high platform and breaks its arm, leg etc,

Storm
03-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Speaking of the bone break, must it be broken by an attack or can it be broken by impact e.g. the stick falls from a high platform and breaks its arm, leg etc,
oh awesome, youre participating?
this is gunna be awesome

_SAVY_
03-05-2014, 03:02 PM
is that a....a...mustache???
if so...10/10 xD

Hell yeahhhhh it is :DDDDDDDDD

Camila
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
That would cpunt as 3 moves fos, sorry m8.

I thought you were not participatinf anymore jan oh well... you gotta do the bone breaker by hitting a part imof the stick's body, ir can be any part and with any hit you want, but the attacker must perform the bonebreaker.

bring it on
03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
can i make the first punch without the plattaform?

Foscex
03-06-2014, 05:23 AM
gonna help you guys out a little if you need inspiration for the bone breaker haha
i watched this, and i came multiple times, i felt like i should share it with you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIq14nfHsHo
(this is not my entry for anyone wondering...)

my bonebreaker is gonna be brutal as fuck dude!

Storm
03-06-2014, 12:16 PM
gonna help you guys out a little if you need inspiration for the bone breaker haha
i watched this, and i came multiple times, i felt like i should share it with you guys!

i remember that movie :D

JanRavnik
03-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Sorry to bother with so many questions, but I wanna be sure.
So fullbody animations is not allowed, what about fullbody art before the combo starts?

_SAVY_
03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
So fullbody animations is not allowed, what about fullbody art before the combo starts?

the combo must be performed by stick figures so yeah

Camila
03-06-2014, 07:09 PM
the combo must be performed by stick figures so yeah

Jan... THIS GUY, this guy right here knows how to read.

SJT15
03-07-2014, 07:30 AM

I knew you would be back, I think your leaving message from the previous BSE was just a bit too much.
I think you should overview what you said before because it sounded like a big objective you was trying to achieve.

Han
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM
lol my theme is the mario moving platform lol

Tsang
03-08-2014, 01:48 PM

I'm looking forward to it! Based on your stuff in the past, i can already tell your part for this round's gonna be pretty sweet. :)

PivotBlimp
03-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Finished a bit earlier again | http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1363/

Barthimo1
03-09-2014, 05:07 AM
Hahaha, nicely done PivotBlimp. I like it!

FL-Nordin
03-09-2014, 07:19 AM
I was just about to go full lazy and come up with something dumb...untill i saw this

> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1360/ < (made by MoonJaspers)
(this is not an entry to anyhing so don't get confused or anything)

This cracked me up so much that I went animating right away
Thanks moonjaspers

GlacierSnake
03-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Ok, I have twooo questions. If I make my animation on, say, a treadmill, could they fall of or something and than resume fighting on another surface?

Also, would fighting on a steep incline count as a moving surface as long as they are affected?

Arch-Angel
03-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Ok, I have twooo questions. If I make my animation on, say, a treadmill, could they fall of or something and than resume fighting on another surface?

Also, would fighting on a steep incline count as a moving surface as long as they are affected?

As long as the surface they're fighting on the entire time acts as a treadmill. You can't simply get out of the special element by having them on a treadmill for only a few seconds.

Foscex
03-09-2014, 11:19 AM
As long as the surface they're fighting on the entire time acts as a treadmill. You can't simply get out of the special element by having them on a treadmill for only a few seconds.

shit im not sure if im getting the special element right...

SJT15
03-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Special Element - The combo must be performed on a moving conveyor belt, treadmill, or any platform constantly traveling in any direction for the duration of the animation.

or any platform constantly traveling in any direction for the duration of the animation.

For now, as long your platforms are affecting the combo or the stickmen it's fine, I talked about camila and doing for example a Super smash brothers style element is fine as long they are affected.

ZABI
03-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Does it necessarily have to be stickfigures? Could i do fullbody?

JanRavnik
03-11-2014, 12:20 AM

As a reply to your first question, no, sadly. They've gotta be stick figures.

For your second question, you can have a falling rock at the beginning of your animation if you choose to have a beginning leading to the combo, but your combo must occur entirely on a flat moving surface.
There you go ^u^

Storm
03-11-2014, 12:30 PM
There you go ^u^
Now THAT is how you use quotes to answer a question am I right

Anyways it seems as if a lot of people have dropped out of the BSE rounds as they went along (Just look at round one through now)

JanRavnik
03-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Question time again ^u^ dun hat meh :c
Would a flashback effect break the combo?

Chewy
03-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Here's my entry http://chewyfa.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-5-439947692

The weird gelly stuff on the ground is like the stuff from Portal, the stuff that makes you run faster or whatever it is.

Storm
03-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Question time again ^u^ dun hat meh :c
Would a flashback effect break the combo?

you mean the type of flashbacks in Naruto manga or the flashback efect like being thrown back. What I think is that as long as the treadmill effects continues after it happens your fine. And every hit must take place while the treadmill is moving. Am I right?

Tsang
03-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the entries so far! I'll go ahead and update them on the front page for you guys. :)

SJT15
03-16-2014, 03:59 PM
OOOOOOO Dang! ten days left!?!?!

Time sure does fly

*Try and squeeze in as much animation I can till then.

Jomm
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
you guys should rename this from BSE to BCE, i never see any best "sequence" executions, everythings so bias for best "cinematic" executions now |:

Captainalien72
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
you guys should rename this from BSE to BCE, i never see any best "sequence" executions, everythings so bias for best "cinematic" executions now |:

I kinda agree. Although Pivotblimp seems to be more focused on the exceutions itself in his last 2 entries.

acb
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
I kinda agree. Although Pivotblimp seems to be more focused on the exceutions itself in his last 2 entries.

Yeaah Pivotblimp rocks my world <3333

SJT15
03-18-2014, 03:11 AM

Funny and theres nothing wrong with it really, even though I do it, I feel that doing the BSE really helps me improve, why I animate in the first place, by all means doing cinematic is completely fine and overall BSE has evolved as well.

Really I don't think it's that bias, All judges have there own taste anyway and having there own views towards participants entries would be very challenging for them.

When I finish the BSE Version 5 series I would like to walk out with my new level of skill and would be able to handle the little details and interactive elements in my future work.

Arch-Angel
03-18-2014, 05:13 AM

The participants are the ones setting the bar, not the staff.

So you're saying that everyone participating shouldn't strive for excellence?

captain4dji
03-18-2014, 06:56 AM
my entry (http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R5-441187574?ga_submit_new=10%253A1395147192&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1)
hope i can get a good score, not 2.7 or 2.5
please i want some cnc,thanks

uh....BCE....jomm is right,but there are some people still doing "sequence" execution.

Jomm
03-18-2014, 02:16 PM
The participants are the ones setting the bar, not the staff.

So you're saying that everyone participating shouldn't strive for excellence?

How did you even get that from what I typed...?

For one, I never said the staff was setting the bar, I could care less who is.

ASSUMING when you say "excellence" you mean, striving for cinematic quality, already proves that what I said is true. I see nothing wrong with 2D or 3D, as long as it's creatively executed (which is the point of this exercise). My problem is that no one is creatively executing their combos now, I just see a bunch of rip off moves I've seen for the last 5 years, or trying to make half ass'd moves look fancy by throwing it into a perspective.

EDIT: and the ones using the fancy perspectives are getting more credit for it just because it was angled.

_SAVY_
03-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Funny and theres nothing wrong with it really, even though I do it, I feel that doing the BSE really helps me improve, why I animate in the first place, by all means doing cinematic is completely fine and overall BSE has evolved as well.

Really I don't think it's that bias, All judges have there own taste anyway and having there own views towards participants entries would be very challenging for them.

When I finish the BSE Version 5 series I would like to walk out with my new level of skill and would be able to handle the little details and interactive elements in my future work.

well said! i love u jomm

PivotBlimp
03-18-2014, 07:45 PM
How did you even get that from what I typed...?

For one, I never said the staff was setting the bar, I could care less who is.

ASSUMING when you say "excellence" you mean, striving for cinematic quality, already proves that what I said is true. I see nothing wrong with 2D or 3D, as long as it's creatively executed (which is the point of this exercise). My problem is that no one is creatively executing their combos now, I just see a bunch of rip off moves I've seen for the last 5 years, or trying to make half ass'd moves look fancy by throwing it into a perspective.

EDIT: and the ones using the fancy perspectives are getting more credit for it just because it was angled.

I thought my moves were pretty cool... :(

Jomm
03-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Oh no I'm not pointing any fingers I just meant as a vast majority, but I've seen your parts, they're more of what I want to see in BSE, fun stuff haha

Camila
03-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Sadly jomm, all the god-like 2D animators are not participating in the BSE, and most of the boys nowadays want to focus on 3D and/or cinematics, I would love to see some awesome 2D action around here, but is not the majority ;_;

FL-Nordin
03-20-2014, 07:34 AM
I suck in 2-d but luckily for those complaining, I AM doing 2-D for this round
but reason why i do cinematics is so that you guys dont see that i am really bad at running cycles
but this bse is meant to try new things so im guessing that if you want to see 2-d constantly that THIS is the wrong BSE to do that
so far i have tried many styles of animating in this BSE and one of them was not even colored
but since this round is about treadmills and constantly moving things i figured that i should take this oppertunity to improve my running cycles. So here you have it, a little bit of inside tought of how i calculate the bse rounds.

Foscex
03-20-2014, 01:26 PM
yup, i agree with nordin :)
but
my style is 3d and angles, so i wont change it for bse
im almost done btw, finishing up, like sounds and effects etc...
shudnt take more then 2 days normally :)
how far are you guys in

also jomm, it is pretty normal we all use angles, its a sad thing, but they get more points then regular 2d (idk why) but its a fact
imo it also looks better :)

JanRavnik
03-21-2014, 09:24 AM
One more question:
Can the bone breaker be performed with the body slam or must they be separate?
I'm assuming not, but I wanna ask anyway

Tsang
03-21-2014, 09:14 PM
One more question:
Can the bone breaker be performed with the body slam or must they be separate?
I'm assuming not, but I wanna ask anyway
Yeah, these two attacks should be performed one after the other as they're just a part of the string of attacks. :)

Fuzzybrain
03-22-2014, 05:05 PM
I am SO freaking stressed out. uhhhuhuh... only on the sweep...

SJT15
03-22-2014, 05:33 PM
DONE

http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1405/

Really tired but at least I have a few days extra break.

JanRavnik
03-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Done!! :D
http://jananims.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-5-442175023?q=gallery%3AJanAnims&qo=0

pyrosamurai
03-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Donzoes http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1413/

captain4dji
03-23-2014, 01:11 AM
uh.... no one got my entry?
i think i post it before sjt15...
http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R5-441187574

FL-Nordin
03-23-2014, 05:34 AM
o god im at kick...
maybe i can still manage to pull it off

Fuzzybrain
03-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Sadly jomm, all the god-like 2D animators are not participating in the BSE, and most of the boys nowadays want to focus on 3D and/or cinematics, I would love to see some awesome 2D action around here, but is not the majority ;_;

I'm not "god-like" or "awesome" at animating, but everyone says I really need to work on my construction and flow moar. So thatchs what I'm doing.

Foscex
03-23-2014, 12:40 PM
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1418/
i done

JanRavnik
03-23-2014, 01:39 PM
uh.... no one got my entry?
i think i post it before sjt15...
http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R5-441187574

Donzoes http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1413/

Done!! :D
http://jananims.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-5-442175023?q=gallery%3AJanAnims&qo=0

You missed some Tsang :P

Tsang
03-23-2014, 03:38 PM
You missed some Tsang :P
Ahaha, my bad. Foscex PM'ed me his part on IRC, so that was the only one I threw in the thread at that time. I'll update the front page with the rest. :)

SJT15
03-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Youtube Version is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Bm-AE4HVk

Dojo version has been updated too.

FL-Nordin
03-24-2014, 09:59 AM
IM DONE ! ! !
here take this *throws animation at Tsang and Camila*
> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1421/ <

Barthimo1
03-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Nice one, FL-Nordin.^^

acb
03-24-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm done too, here take it http://acbeaam.deviantart.com/art/Bsev5r5-442587376?ga_submit_new=10%253A1395699479
pls lol

Storm
03-25-2014, 08:01 AM
I'm done too, here take it http://acbeaam.deviantart.com/art/Bsev5r5-442587376?ga_submit_new=10%253A1395699479
pls lol
Yay ur back c: nice one

bring it on
03-25-2014, 09:57 AM
wow all the entries are so good (especialy the fl nordins one :D)

Turquoise#2
03-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Eh, i'm such an idiot. I procrastinate till the very last second, and what happens? I am unable to finish -.-
http://www.filz.us/files/a55e60b7/204/BSE_V5_R5.swf
Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid!

And i just noticed, that for some reason, the anim is all un-smooth and weird :/

Camila
03-25-2014, 01:41 PM
IM DONE ! ! !
here take this *throws animation at Tsang and Camila*
> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1421/ <

*animation hits face* e___o

Updated acbeam's and nordin's entry.

Nice work Nordin.

_SAVY_
03-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Im done : http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1436/

bring it on
03-26-2014, 02:55 PM

that was so good :D

Camila
03-26-2014, 10:39 PM
That should be it guys!!. Wait patiently for the frontpage to be updated, scores and next round updates! ♥.

acb
03-27-2014, 02:00 PM
That should be it guys!!. Wait patiently for the frontpage to be updated, scores and next round updates! ♥.

WHERE ARE THE SCORES, AND WHERE IS IS THE NEX-- haha just kidding :D

Thanks a lot Camila!

Storm
03-27-2014, 03:10 PM
WHERE ARE THE SCORES, AND WHERE IS IS THE NEX-- haha just kidding :D

Thanks a lot Camila!
lol carefull man :D

Turquoise#2
03-28-2014, 02:58 AM
Eh, i'm such an idiot. I procrastinate till the very last second, and what happens? I am unable to finish -.-
http://www.filz.us/files/a55e60b7/204/BSE_V5_R5.swf
Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid!

And i just noticed, that for some reason, the anim is all un-smooth and weird :/

Uhh, guys? You missed this :/
Take it even tho it's unfinished. like what guise

Camila
03-28-2014, 06:38 AM
Unfinished?, I don't think so buddy, what do you want us to judge anyways? There's barely a movement or 2.

_SAVY_
03-28-2014, 12:39 PM

cami u got mine right?

Zevro
03-28-2014, 09:37 PM
I am very very late c:
http://sta.sh/0e5jiax463e

yeah... I suck

Opalino
03-29-2014, 02:46 AM
woaaa interesting :D

JanRavnik
04-03-2014, 10:39 AM
When are the scores going to be announced?

FL-Nordin
04-05-2014, 03:04 PM
odd that the times when we DO ask the scores would have been up by now, but if we dont ask we're 2-ish weeks later
are you telling us that we have to harrass to get what we want?
OR
is "that 1 judge" still judging
maybe some updates of whats going on?

Foscex
04-05-2014, 03:36 PM
odd that the times when we DO ask the scores would have been up by now, but if we dont ask we're 2-ish weeks later
are you telling us that we have to harrass to get what we want?
OR
is "that 1 judge" still judging
maybe some updates of whats going on?

Yes please
Im pretty curious who has won

_SAVY_
04-05-2014, 04:11 PM

you better dont forget mine :V

i uploaded it in time btw and u still havent added it

Marc-Alex123
04-06-2014, 08:27 AM
seriously though

the scores

Camila
04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I JUST got all the scores. Due to some issues tho, judge 1 can't do the CnC for this round, however he'll try to do them later (like a few more days or something). I'll work with the scores for now, and be patient.

EDIT:

SCORES UPDATED CHECK THEM ON FRONTPAGE.

SJT15
04-08-2014, 05:17 PM
6.6 is good for now, got to try harder next round.
I knew my element was not strong but it was a trail and error.

Marc-Alex123
04-08-2014, 05:20 PM
wow i got a 5.6 :(

acb
04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Dammit, I reckon PivotBlimp shoulda' won it!
Oh well of course Fl nordins was good

7.5? not bad

_SAVY_
04-08-2014, 05:40 PM
wow i got a 5.6 :(

lol are your scores all going to be added for one account? i bet u wont use your old anymore..

7.2 : o nnnnnnnnnnnnnnice :3

FL-Nordin
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
YAAAAAAAEEEEEEY ! ! !
next round please, im bored...ow wait GTL2 >_____>
jk lol im still participating

Foscex
04-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Happy second!
Gratz nordin

JanRavnik
04-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Ill take third c:
0.1!!??! AR U FAKN KDEN MEH D: jk gj Foscex Ill get ya next round :P

Foscex
04-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I dont mean to drag or something
But my score isnt correct
When you calculate my average, it shud be 8,466..
Wich is closer to a 8,5 then a 8,4
Just something i noticed, i dont want to make a big deal or a problem from it..

PivotBlimp
04-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Ill take *fourth* c:

I'll take third c:

oxob3000
04-09-2014, 04:38 PM
I dont mean to drag or something
But my score isnt correct
When you calculate my average, it shud be 8,466..
Wich is closer to a 8,5 then a 8,4
Just something i noticed, i dont want to make a big deal or a problem from it..
I made that mistake alot too when I was hosting the BSE lol

FL-Nordin
04-09-2014, 10:48 PM
:O so that means we share 1st place Foscex, and that also means PivotBlimp is 2nd and JanRavnik is 3th :D

JanRavnik
04-10-2014, 09:54 AM
I'll take third c:

My bad ^u^
Anyway you're 2nd now and I really am 3rd :P
Unless it goes two 1st places, 3rd, 4th and so on...

Camila
04-10-2014, 12:39 PM
You have a 8,46 Nordin has a 8,5 , which is literally a higher score than yours. He won this round, I haven't been aproximating any results so far, is just how it is.

Foscex
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
You have a 8,46 Nordin has a 8,5 , which is literally a higher score than yours. He won this round, I haven't been aproximating any results so far, is just how it is.

Yea ofcourse he won
No doubt on that
But it is for my total/final score
Im just saying i shudv had a 8.5 and not a 8.4
But im not going to bitch about it, since noone understands me here

Ps
Its not a 8.46 but a 8.47

Camila
04-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Yea ofcourse he won
No doubt on that
But it is for my total/final score
Im just saying i shudv had a 8.5 and not a 8.4
But im not going to bitch about it, since noone understands me here

Ps
Its not a 8.46 but a 8.47

I haven't been aproximating any results so far, is just how it is.

I'll post the enxt round soon btw.

PivotBlimp
04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Lol "soon". I'm just gonna expect a 3 week wait in between rounds now so I don't get surprised. And don't take this comment personally and ban me or anything, I'm just sayin.

_SAVY_
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Lol "soon". I'm just gonna expect a 3 week wait in between rounds now so I don't get surprised. And don't take this comment personally and ban me or anything, I'm just sayin.

there were some complications and camila is probably still sick..

PivotBlimp
04-16-2014, 02:16 PM
I see, I see. My comment still stands tho, I'd like to see some sort of schedule for this competition. Hope she gets better.

Camila
04-17-2014, 06:58 AM
I see, I see. My comment still stands tho, I'd like to see some sort of schedule for this competition. Hope she gets better.

Can't make a schedule when things happen in your life :I

Foscex
04-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Can't make a schedule when things happen in your life :I

But tsang is still around isnt he?
I thought there were 2 organisers to prevent things like this

Tsang
04-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Yeah, but we've promised each other that we'd create every other thread through Version 5. It's just a very consistent thing to do now as we've been switching like this until this round.

Surprisingly, this pause between Round 5 and Round 6 does make a great break period for people to work on other projects. It's like an official halftime considering it cuts right down in the middle of this version.

Round 6 will be out as soon as possible, though. :D

_SAVY_
04-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Surprisingly, this pause between Round 5 and Round 6 does make a great break period for people to work on other projects. It's like an official halftime considering it cuts right down in the middle of this version.

lol actually i dont wanted such a long break cuz i had 2 weeks holydays :c and nao i have to finish round 6 in school period >.< such sadness.

oh and btw tsang when are you going to update the overall scores?

captain4dji
04-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah, but we've promised each other that we'd create every other thread through Version 5. It's just a very consistent thing to do now as we've been switching like this until this round.

Round 6 will be out as soon as possible, though. :D
Oh so it's a half break? Then I understand it lol I was like"why it's so loooooong?"
Thanks tsang and cami for hosting bse.

Shaffy
04-17-2014, 05:28 PM
It's like an official halftime
It's like an official halftime
official halftime
halftime

Alright, who stole my tater tots?