PDA

View Full Version : stick figure fight

StampMotionProductions
03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
http://youtu.be/NaqkCUzyS7o a little something I made in 2013.

Rokon
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
I can see a lot of "problems" with this but I'm not the guy to tell what they are. Good work though.

Charry
03-17-2014, 05:51 PM
I can see a lot of "problems" with this but I'm not the guy to tell what they are. Good work though.

Then why did you bother saying anything? Telling someone there is something wrong with something and not going into any detail is a pointless thing to say.

Anyway, your animation is smooth, but is stiff looking at times. The key to fluidity is trying to make everything move as much as possible, moving just one part of a limb at a time looks very unappealing. There is also lot of stop and go motions with unnecessary pauses. Pauses are okay to help the viewer take a break from mindless action and sometimes add atmosphere, but try not to over do it, and when you add pauses, be wary of how long and frequent they are. Another problem is the very bland and indynamic poses. You characters limbs are almost always kept at an ugly position which would make no sense in real life. Try to get more charismatic, interesting and dynamic poses and stances next time. Next time you watch anything with fighting in it, pay close attention to how the people stand and prepare themselves, and how they look mid attack.

Most of these are beginners problems and usually aren't that much of a problem to deal with, so you should be able to fix these issues if you work and focus on them more.

Rokon
03-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Then why did you bother saying anything? Telling someone there is something wrong with something and not going into any detail is a pointless thing to say.

Cause I knew you would say all you said but I like to say stuff.

Hewitt
03-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Then you are no different than those people who say "I don't think I'll join this." in collabs, for no reason.

That's spam, cut it out.

StampMotionProductions
03-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Thank you for your comment, I will try to pay attention to more detail next time. :)

Phosphate
03-18-2014, 04:58 AM
Pretty decent pivot animation, i liked the ending something different from death. It just lacked some easing had a few foot placement issues and was a bit stiff.
overall keep up the good work.

StampMotionProductions
03-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah there was a problem rendering it, I think I rendered it wrong, because it is smoother in pivot.

smoke23
03-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Its nice to see a good pivot animation, as those seem to be rare these days. Anyway besides from a bit of stiffness here and there, it was pretty nice to watch :D
You know what else i liked, is that it was an actual video(with a clear start and end)

Keep up the good work

StampMotionProductions
03-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Why thank you. :) Yeah I know, alot of Pivot animations out there are pretty bad, but you just have to know how to animate to make it good.

mizu
03-20-2014, 06:00 AM
Well man, that wasn't terrible, good job! Everything was eased and entertaining to watch, but you should try and work on your poses and balance. You had nice flow but not perfect, movements were shaky at times, balance was off. Post more.