PDA

View Full Version : BSE Version 5 Round 6: Beneath The Deep

Camila
04-19-2014, 04:10 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/154/2/1/bse_picture_by_camilaanims-d7ky0gj.png

Yep. It's that time of the year again! Time to bring back the combo competition that you guys love!
--- It's time to get things kickin' up in here! ---

New Rules about posting

if anyone is going to post any of the following...

- Joining posts. ("IM IN", "I'LL START NOW")
- Promises ("I promise to do it next time", "I promise not to suck", "I promise I will not fail")

Progress:

- People who post images on their progress in an attempt to get circlejerked, you CAN post 1 screenshot here and there but not in every single one of your posts.

- Excuses ("My tablet broke.", "School is coming.", "Noooo I DIDNT SAVE MY WORK")

BSE questions:

- People who ask how many days/hours/minutes are left when it is CLEAR that there is a clock on the first post.

- Asking questions that have already been answered (and displayed on the first post, or have just literally been answered)

- Asking questions about the BSE (how do I join, what's the prize, whats the BSE, etc)

Being patient

- Posts asking about future stuff ("WHEN IS THE NEXT ROUND", "WHEN ARE THE SCORES COMING OUT", "HURRY UP TSANG/CAMILA")

Off topic:

- Off-topic chatter that has nothing to do with the BSE

...in any future BSE Thread from here on out. We will be infracting you for spam. We will make this announcement again in future threads so there wont be any excuses.

You've been warned.

For those who are unfamiliar of how BSE works...

What is B.S.E.?

It's a very simple yet fun idea, you will be given a sequence of moves and a ”special element” that must be performed in a combo. The combo is being performed by ONE stickfigure against another stickfigure. The special element can be anything from superpowers and special weapons, to different environments and music synchronization.

An example:

Combo: Punch, Punch, Kick, Kick, Kick."
Or "Punch, Kick, Throw.

Special element: The combo must be performed inside a wind tunnel.

The combos will become more advanced the further on down the competition. The final round will always have the longest combo of them all.

How many rounds?

There will be 10 rounds, each one will last 2-4 weeks. No rounds will be shortened or lengthened, even if everyone finishes their animations early, or most people don’t finish on time.

Length?

There will be NO minimum length. However, obviously, length may act as a catalyst for getting more points, which will be distributed for actual animating skill.

Can I miss a round?

You are allowed to miss out rounds and you are allowed to join this competition in any round you want, although this will obviously affect your overall score.

I'm finished!

At the end of the 10 rounds a winner will be chosen from the highest overall score, and an award will be given to the highest scorer of every round. The top mark for each round will be 10, your end score will obviously then be out of 100.

Let's get into the action!

----------------------------

Combo!

Punch, Punch, knee, counter-kick, grab, throw, uppercut, counter-punch, kick, finisher

Special Element - The combo must be performed under water!

-----------------------------
Due Date!
May 19, 2014 - Eastern Standard Time.

-----------------------------

-- Score Description --

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/154/d/2/score_description_by_camilaanims-d7ky0hi.png

Goal for this round: Test your own limits by fighting under the water!

---------------------------------

Entries!

Entries
Judge 1
Judge 2
Judge 3
Final Score

ACBeam (http://acbeaam.deviantart.com/art/Bsev5r6-449337966?ga_submit_new=10%253A1398174040)

Spectre (http://www.deviantart.com/art/BSE-v5-r6-Beneath-the-Deep-450122494)

Chewy (http://chewyfa.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-6-450885036)

PivotBlimp (http://pivotblimp.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-Round-6-452916338)

moonjaspers (http://moonjaspers.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-6-452108149)

captain4dji (http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R6-453010891?ga_submit_new=10%253A1399641117)

FL-Nordin (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1756/)

D4ZH (http://d4zh.deviantart.com/art/Bse-Version-5-Round-6-454183809?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400124236)

Xenomaru (http://xenomaruu.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Entry-Beneath-The-Deep-454408852?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400229930)

SJT15 (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1809/)

Red Death (http://www.filz.us/view/f0e69707-5f0/)

Janravnik (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1820/)

Zane (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1822/)

pyrosamurai (http://pyrovonne.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-6-454997103?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400467928&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1)

_SAVY_ (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1826/)

Congratulations to FLNordin for winning this round, and congratulations to pyrosamurai for getting the second place

[U]CnC

ACBeam: Nice execution, maybe a music could've helped there to give it a better touch, other than a well done combo I saw nothing else, try to be more creative, that makes the difference between an animator and a good animator.

Spectre: Well executed, I don't think that you notice the difference between the physics while being at space (0 gravity) and being underwater, maybe you should practice both of this in a near future, even tho the difference is really small, you can make it be noticeable with small details. Same as ACBeam be more creative and try to think on new things while doing your animation, make them more entertaining.

Chewy: Perfect physics, it almost looks like you've been making animations underwater this whole time, I got a little confused tho, I don't kno how did the blue stick got to the surface, but the finisher was pretty nice, great execution too, I know that this is not your style but I would like to see you trying a more action-packed animation. Keep it up!.

PivotBlimp: I don't know if you were in a gravity chamber or underwater, the physics changes the whole time, in one part it looked like the sticks were getting pulled down and then up and then down again, the bakground..... it was empty, you make pretty good and amazing background man! what happened here, you had a chance to do something great and you aimed at the simpliest way to animate it, try to be more creative next time, this was pretty much just a combo for me.

moonjaspers: the finisher was weird.... you could've thought on another way to finish your anim, also it looked like you were just trying to animate your sticks without touching the ground more than make it look like they were actually underwater, also you should add more frames between each combo, the limbs looked like they were teleporting at some point. Keep practising tho, you got the potential to become something greater.

captain4dji: Dynamics, is a concept that as to do with the stick's movement though the animation, and you're lacking of that badly, you gotta move every single limb while punching something, try to do a movement in real life, and notice which parts of your body moves, and then go to your flash and move them as well, you were more creative than 90% of the participants in this round I'll give you that. Just add more dynamics to your stickmen and I promise that your animations will improove greatly. Keep going!

FL-Nordin: P.E.R.F.E.C.T . I couldn't find any mistakes on your animation, maybe the fact that the whole ship turned into a smaller stikman was kinda out of proportions but aside from that everything was perfect, nice physics, super-mega creative, perfect angles, and a nice finisher. I'm glad to see that you finally applied all of your abilities into 1 nimation, just like round 1. And please, keep doing it, you'll just wreck the competition.

D4ZH: I know this was a hard element to perform, so first of all congrats for giving it a shot, and for doing the ebst you could do to pull out this animation. Now I'll recommend you to add an antiipation to your combos, try to stand up in your room and throw a punch in the air, your fist doesn't teleport in front of your face if you pay attention, you'll have to go backwards for half of a second move your shoulders a little bit and then throw your punch into the air moving practically your whole body, this is anticipation, the movement that you make BEFORE performing any combo, practice this next time. Also, your stick's limbs were out of position really often, try to look carefully when you're drawing your sticks, the knees position, and where does each limb starts and ends. Keep it up!.

Xenomaru: The intro was longer than the actual animation, and most of it was just text. When you're making a intro that is really long, because you want it to sync with the animation, try to make it entertaining, like some intro scenes, showing the enviroment or something that attracts the viewers attention, not just a black screen with some white text that doesn't even move, try to think in more creative ways to ull out your intro. Also the animation was way too fast, I barely could see the combo, and got confused in the last angles for your finisher, try to ask yourself if the angle is actually good and if a person that hasn't seen your anim will understand it. Aside from that just practice your smoothness, keep practising, I'll be waiting for another entry from you.

SJT15: I really think that you needed to add SFX on this one, because... the music was pretty good, and it fit'd the enviroment until the midle of the combo, after that point it was an unfiting music and it was kinda weird to watch it, is like putting a katy perry song in a funeral scene, the no-SFX style is good when you can use a music that syncs AND fits the animation and the envoriment, be carefull with that. The finisher was confusing too I couldn't understand what happened, I don't know if the enemy died, if it was just a hit that didn't kill him, or if the guy suicided with him, I really don't know what happened there, maybe because of the music I was also expecting something else to happen and I was surprised when I saw the credits. It might be just me tho, so it won't affect your score that much. You got some nice angles too, I love your facial expressions I hope you keep making it, the combo was really fluid and your entry was really creative. Keep making rounds, can't wait for your next animation.

Red Death: Use gradients for the backgrounds, is kinda weird to see just a color as background, if you play just using gradients you can make a background look pretty cool, and please don't add noses to your stickmen, it doens't look right, and it'll never look right, is something that it just doesn't fit with stickmen. I saw that you improved your movements, but even tho they're smoother than before, the edgy limbs and body are kinda annoying, try to use a higher brush's smoothing that should fix the problem. I'll be waiting for your next anim!.

Janravnik: Why so fast?, not for the 30 fps (which was pretty cool), I mean for the combo, it had a really nice music, and the combo did happen really fast, when you do this, you turn something that could've been a great execution into a normal combo, and it doesn't really give me something to CnC at, try to use your great brain and pull out not just a punch, not just a kick, but a really well damn done punch that makes everyone go WOW THAT'S AWESOME!, I hope you do this in the future, keep practising the smoothness and anticipation of the hits, it'll help.

Zane: This animation needed SFX man, if you're not syncing it or if it's not a music that fits the animation enviroment you should be using SFX, when you're making a close up angle, try to se the line tool, is kind of awkward looking at an edgy stickman walking, it looks better with line tool, I'm a brush user and I really hate line tool but when you're making these kinds of angles that are really close you should definetly use line tool. Another thing the finisher was.... not good, it happened in a random moment so I couldn't difference it from a normal hit, a finisher must be something that gives you an impression of "oh yeah that's the finisher!!" something that can be differenced from normal combos, keep that in mind. You did a nice job with the water splashes tho, nicely done there.

pyrosamurai: Nice music, perfect sync, smooth moves, and creative ideas, you could've done something better for the finisher and maybe more details on the background but aside from that you did it perfectly. Amazed me comming from you!. Keep doing things like these and experiment with more fitlers. And be more creative on your combos, try to make a punch or a kick not just that but something that makes the viewer go all like "MAN, THAT WAS THEEEEE PUNCH!", you have the ability to do it so, and when you do, I promise you a 10/10 from me.

_SAVY_: I think the intro was logner than the combo, I also noticed that you couldn't do the "water physics" effect, the combo happened really fast, and I noticed tht you improoved your facial expressions, try to be creative!!! your combos must be something that is entertaining to watch not just a combo, ust by adding a little detail the whole performance of the combo can change, keep that in mind I'll wait for you next round.

Chewy
04-19-2014, 04:18 PM
ooooh this is going to be fun. I'll definitely see if I can bring an entry again for this round :>

JanRavnik
04-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Ohhh nice one!! :>

Pox
04-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Under the sea huh? Seems interesting. I have a perfect song for this...

Phantom Ace
04-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Well this round would be entertaining for me to watch each animation/part of his or her. Good luck to the ones who are joining this round!

_SAVY_
04-19-2014, 05:41 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shiet under water ..... im fucked...

lol pox DisneyMusicVEVO ?

Foscex
04-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Oh god no,
I thought we were finally going to get an element involving the stick characters powers...
This is like the third time in a row the background is involved...
Besides i think there was a round with a no gravity element previous bse, its like the same thing..

This round will be getting so much less entries then other rounds
Cmon man.. I was expecting something fun, but it will be nothing but fricking anoying and boring to animate an underwater scene.
This is pointless
Im not seeing the fun in this anymore

Camila
04-19-2014, 06:39 PM
You can always make your own combo. Besides I cbose these kind of elements because is hard to animate them, probably none of you have ever animated this elements before, which will help you all to improve and learn new things; nstead of animating god-likely what we all know you can do. I'll probably make somethinv with elements for all of you to have fun and stuff, but that will be later.

Kodoku
04-19-2014, 06:51 PM
I can't see how trying to throw someone can be an effective move if you're under the water. I mean; yeah, you can try; but the other guy won't get really far. And without a point to get grab to, wich it's nearly imposible to get underwater, you can't really pull it out.

This is like the third time in a row the background is involved...

This is like... BBE.

Camila
04-19-2014, 06:58 PM
That's when your ceativity comes in, you can make one if the sticks have some powers, and he's so strong that he can throw the other guy. Or you can grab the guy, "throw it" in a way that ends up above you and uppercut his ass out of the water for a few seconds, or it can be that the stick tries to run, gets out of the water and you go out to grabing him and throwing him back into it.

There are A LOT of possibilities, just use your brain.

PivotBlimp
04-19-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm actually with Camila on this one. A fight underwater actually sounds pretty cool and there are a lot of unique possibilities. And Foscex, out of all people, I would've thought you would like this element. Your sticks already wobble as if they're underwater when they get hit lol

Drone
04-19-2014, 07:34 PM
"Hold your *breath*" ?
I'll try to participate if I get time

Storm
04-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Naw I love this element I tell you what. I wanna animate it aoo bad but... Gtl...

Camila
04-20-2014, 12:09 AM
"Hold your *breath*" ?

Drn pls

Also good luck to everyone. ♥

FL-Nordin
04-20-2014, 12:57 AM
hahahaha ow you guys are in for a treat
i agree with what foscex said but in this whole bse i personally didnt do weightless stuff yet, even tho the rounds where almost screaming for it
and i also agree with what camila said power play is easy, BUT she didnt said you couldnt either, you just have to implement (said special power) a little but more strategically, if you want it in you're animation

TheFlashSOP
04-20-2014, 02:21 AM
now THIS is interesting! I really should find some time for dis.

Spectre
04-20-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm really sorry if this has been asked before but, after the "counter-kick", does it change characters? or does it stay with the same person?

captain4dji
04-20-2014, 04:00 AM
wow under water! i was guessing with my brother and i says"maybe under water or on a airplane."
my guess really hit that point.

Crylex
04-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Either Tsang took my suggestion seriously,or one of you guys stole my idea.

eXtreme247
04-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I have been thinking that since the fight will be occuring under water it would be reasonable if there was a bit of time spacong between each hit. Since the sticks movement speed would be reduced under water. So the hits wont exactly flow as quickly after another right? Well that is if you are adding a bit of realism to the animation.

Camila
04-20-2014, 05:19 PM

Or it was just a coincidence..... which is exactly what happened.

acb
04-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Is the finisher anything we want?

Camila
04-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Indeed, it can be anything you want, just kill the little bastard.

Reconcile
04-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Do we need to use logic in this or are we gonna execute this while bashing the law of physics, because it's gonna be uncomfortable and fun

Gaaading
04-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Do we need to use logic in this or are we gonna execute this while bashing the law of physics, because it's gonna be uncomfortable and fun

increased resistance from attacks which are also slowed down...though she never said that you couldn't- nah I'll let you guys figure it out.

FL-Nordin
04-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Camila i know the combo MUST be performed UNDER water but is it possible to have 1 hit outside of the water, kind of floating above the water.
2nd question: and can we also hit somebody who is in the water but not below the water (< hope this made sense)

Julermud
04-21-2014, 06:49 AM
"The combo must be performed Under water"

If you guys use your imagination, you'll see that, it doesn't need to be IN water and under the actual water.

It can be Uuuuuuundddeeerrr, You understand?

As in:

Fighting under a huge aquarium.....Imagine what possibilities that now are?

Camila does this work??? <3 xD
Im really reaching far here

ZABI
04-21-2014, 07:21 AM

If you guys use your imagination, you'll see that, it doesn't need to be IN water and under the actual water.

As in:

Don't GIVE them the answer.
But yeah is this valid?

PivotBlimp
04-21-2014, 08:10 AM

As in:

I don't see that many cool scenarios, but good loophole lol. Using that logic, you could simply throw a glass room underwater and fight in the room instead of the water. This would kind of ruin the point, because I'm sure they meant their bodies have to physically touch the water, not be encapsulated with air. I'll let the hosts confirm tho, I just think allowing that loophole would open up too many unrelated ways around to actually fighting "in" the water.

Camila
04-21-2014, 08:38 AM
My gosh juler...... No

Also nordin, sure!, this is a hard combo to execute, so I'll be flexible on that, you can do 1-2 hits out if the water, just make sure that the mayority of the combo is performed under the water.

Tsang
04-21-2014, 08:43 AM
We've already had the idea of an underwater round since the very beginning, pretty much. It seemed original and exciting to do!

Good luck to everyone!

_SAVY_
04-21-2014, 10:32 AM
We've already had the idea of an underwater round since the very beginning, pretty much. It seemed original and exciting to do!

Good luck to everyone!

tsang are you going to update the overall scores??????

Tsang
04-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Definitely, but it's a lot of work to do, so I'm really gonna need a lot of downtime to work on it. :D

_SAVY_
04-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Definitely, but it's a lot of work to do, so I'm really gonna need a lot of downtime to work on it. :D

allright np take your time and thx :3

bring it on
04-21-2014, 02:55 PM
the special element is very good but i dont now if i can make it i have a lot of homework :/

As in:

Im really reaching far here :3

that could be a very good idea
so bad that we cant do that

acb
04-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Done http://acbeaam.deviantart.com/art/Bsev5r6-449337966?ga_submit_new=10%253A1398174040

FL-Nordin
04-22-2014, 09:27 AM
you're quick dude, and its also pretty good

Julermud
04-22-2014, 10:44 AM
My gosh juler...... No

Atleast i tried xD

acb
04-22-2014, 12:03 PM
you're quick dude, and its also pretty good

Thanks, can't wait to see what you have to show

bring it on
04-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Done http://acbeaam.deviantart.com/art/Bsev5r6-449337966?ga_submit_new=10%253A1398174040

its very good
good job with the physics :D

Spectre
04-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Imma done: http://www.deviantart.com/art/BSE-v5-r6-Beneath-the-Deep-450122494

I haven't been doing the latest ones, but this one looked fun, so I did it.

Chewy
04-29-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm finishedddd

http://chewyfa.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-6-450885036

was alot of fun this round.

Camila
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Oh boys, you make me proud, I thouht it was going to be harder for all of you to perform a combo like this, but the results have been quite good and well executed, you can always add more FX here and there, but good overall.

I'll update the entries later today tho. I'm going to college and then I gotta go with a doctor, after that I think I'll have a little bit of free time.

xArmandx
05-02-2014, 05:25 AM
...The underwater theme sounds very intersting. Are you making an entry cami?

Shaffy
05-03-2014, 03:34 AM
This sounds interesting. By underwater, do you mean it has to be in the sea? Or can it be anywhere as long as they two figures are completely submerged underwater and follow the physics that this elements seems to be trying to provoke?

_SAVY_
05-03-2014, 08:49 AM
04-29-2014

I'll update the entries later today tho.

later today

today

lol... jk i hope i get some more motivation to continue bse.. its getting pretty boring and with boring, i mean animating not only bse

Storm
05-03-2014, 05:45 PM
wheres sjt? D:

MoonJaspers
05-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Im joining! :D

Ill start now.

Tsang
05-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Alrighty! I'm updating the entries we've gotten right now. Really liking what we're receiving so far, and I hope to see more like these before the end of the round! :D

MoonJaspers
05-04-2014, 07:10 PM
http://moonjaspers.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-6-452108149

yaaay it's good for a first bse :)

it was fun to make because of the ending and how challenging it was, so i needed to work more on the slow paced low gravity!

Storm
05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
lol. no one has really posted alot here. :/

bring it on
05-07-2014, 08:53 PM
lol. no one has really posted alot here. :/

yeah there are only 6 pages

Hewitt
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Thats because we've filtered those spam posting hooligans

and as the rounds get harder, so do the participants. But i would say the original BSE had this many from the getgo

FL-Nordin
05-08-2014, 05:17 PM
mine is done by tommorow i hope
then i can continue my GTL2 project

PivotBlimp
05-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Managed to squeeze an entry out. Somethin's better than nothin' | http://pivotblimp.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-Round-6-452916338

Tsang
05-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Nice job, PivotBlimp! Added yours to the list of entries.

captain4dji
05-09-2014, 07:13 AM
http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R6-453010891?ga_submit_new=10%253A1399641117 take it

FL-Nordin
05-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Tsang, Camila ! look what i got
*poof*

> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1756/ <

Andrewgho
05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Tsang, Camila ! look what i got
*poof*

> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1756/ <

Epic as always bro :D
nice job bro :D I like it

SJT15
05-13-2014, 05:22 AM
http://prntscr.com/3isy2q
Screenshot, it will come out in a few days.

Camila
05-13-2014, 05:57 PM
6 days left. I see everyone has been busy with GTL. I'm glad to see parts done tho! epic entries guys.

JanRavnik
05-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Shitshitshitshit ._.
I forgot about BSE ;n;
5 days....Im going to try and make a 2d this time c:

Dazh
05-14-2014, 03:30 PM
guess ill do my first bse right here...oh no...

bring it on
05-14-2014, 03:56 PM
http://prntscr.com/3isy2q
Screenshot, it will come out in a few days.

it looks epic :)

Dazh
05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Here it is :Dhttp://d4zh.deviantart.com/art/Bse-Version-5-Round-6-454183809?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400124236

_SAVY_
05-15-2014, 02:46 PM
im starting over and over again the whole time i just cant animate something good .n.

Xeno
05-16-2014, 02:55 AM
Ugh Rushed but....
BSE V5 Entry: Beneath The Deep
Dojo Link (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1805/) DA Link (http://xenomaruu.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Entry-Beneath-The-Deep-454408852?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400229930)

SJT15
05-16-2014, 02:17 PM
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1809/

Done.

Yalazer
05-17-2014, 08:41 AM
i was reading the combo's Punch, Punch, knee, counter-kick, grab, throw, uppercut, counter-punch, kick, finisher i was like .. oh this gonna be cool
and when i read the special element "UNDER WATER' I WAS LIKE THIS IS GONNA BE AWWWSOOME

FL-Nordin
05-17-2014, 09:15 AM
i was reading the combo's Punch, Punch, knee, counter-kick, grab, throw, uppercut, counter-punch, kick, finisher i was like .. oh this gonna be cool
and when i read the special element "UNDER WATER' I WAS LIKE THIS IS GONNA BE AWWWSOOME

and then when you saw the due date, you where like: "AAAAAWWW SHIT"

JanRavnik
05-18-2014, 05:53 AM
If everything goes as planned mine should be in by today.
Dont expect too much though ;n; I've been busy with exams ._.

Red Death
05-18-2014, 06:43 AM
http://www.filz.us/view/f0e69707-5f0/
Ok I'm done, but on my screen it looks laggy, so please don't deduct points if it looks too choppy on your computer.

TheFlashSOP
05-18-2014, 07:04 AM
http://www.filz.us/view/f0e69707-5f0/
Ok I'm done, but on my screen it looks laggy, so please don't deduct points if it looks too choppy on your computer.

wow red death this looks pretty nice! :D you are improved from what I remember how you used to animate some time ago ;)

Red Death
05-18-2014, 11:29 AM
wow red death this looks pretty nice! :D you are improved from what I remember how you used to animate some time ago ;)

Ty, but people in Hyun's Dojo said they looked like they were falling. But ty for your opinion.

JanRavnik
05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
As promised :D
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1820/

Sorry if it's not much, I'll try and making something more polished for the next round.
I really loved the element :>

ZABI
05-18-2014, 08:27 PM
LOL
AND WAT!
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1822/

pyrosamurai
05-18-2014, 08:53 PM
ew http://pyrovonne.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-6-454997103?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400467928&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

FL-Nordin
05-19-2014, 02:41 AM
So that was the end of round 6 i guess (I dont know if its UTC -5 yet)

_SAVY_
05-19-2014, 06:23 AM
So that was the end of round 6 i guess (I dont know if its UTC -5 yet)

noooooooooooooo its not im gonna finish mine right nao >.<

... edit.. fuck life is such a bitch -_-

ANOTHER EDIT IM DONE! look at this masterpiece it deserves a 12/10

edit ive added a super high quality preloader now http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1826/

much sarcasm

Camila
05-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Well, that's it guys!, thanks for making an entry. Now you can focus on GTL while we do the scoring.

_SAVY_
05-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Well, that's it guys!, thanks for making an entry. Now you can focus on GTL while we do the scoring.

pleaasss dont forget the overall scores

JanRavnik
05-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Best of luck to everybody :D

PivotBlimp
05-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Holy crap, only 9 pages. You guys plan on updating the front page or anything with the new entries? Kinda afraid to ask about the scores if that's not even updated, but I'll let you guys have a week or two for that before questioning.

Dazh
05-23-2014, 10:30 PM
hey i dont see my name on the front page....but i submitted...wtf

_SAVY_
05-24-2014, 01:40 AM
hey i dont see my name on the front page....but i submitted...wtf

dont worry she will update it with the scores

acb
05-24-2014, 07:23 AM
dont worry she will update it with the scores

Yeah, it might take a long while though...

Camila
05-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes it will take a while. So take a seat and do something else in the meantime. Work on GTL, study something idk.

PivotBlimp
05-28-2014, 05:12 AM
So, I was looking back at BSE V4, and I noticed that there was no more than a week wait... For the next round let alone the scores. And I look back here, and the front page still isn't even up to date. I'm not trying to bash the host and judges or anything, but I'm seriously curious as to what takes so long. There's literally like 10 or less entries this round. Any particular reasoning as to why it will "take a while", or estimation when we can expect something? This is supposed to be an official competition for crying out loud.

Storm
05-28-2014, 05:28 AM
So, I was looking back at BSE V4, and I noticed that there was no more than a week wait... For the next round let alone the scores. And I look back here, and the front page still isn't even up to date. I'm not trying to bash the host and judges or anything, but I'm seriously curious as to what takes so long. There's literally like 10 or less entries this round. Any particular reasoning as to why it will "take a while", or estimation when we can expect something? This is supposed to be an official competition for crying out loud.

camilla has a life maybe

Reconcile
05-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Its been a month now.

A13x@nd3r
05-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Guys calm your tits...maybe you're right its taking too long but im sure camila is trying her best c'mon cut some slack for her and be patient. Things get hard and tough in life you just have to understand

Storm
05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Its been a month now. good point :/

Guys calm your tits...maybe you're right its taking too long but im sure camila is trying her best c'mon cut some slack for her and be patient. Things get hard and tough in life you just have to understand

again good point

acb
05-28-2014, 09:56 AM

If that's so then maybe someone could help with getting things done around here.
Anyway isn't tsang a host too? I didn't think it was just Camila.

SJT15
05-28-2014, 10:35 AM

My opinion so far on this version is that it has been a very challenging BSE I keeps my mind sharp and focus.
Now think about it, BSE is not the problem, the service is.
Two host are working on the BSE and 30 different types of judges.
All these people have lives to live and depend on there life more than the BSE.
They are all busy with something that is a higher priority than the BSE.
BSE was a big responsibility when it first flared but it has calm down due to less people.
There no need to worry about this competition because no one is going to care much about it.
I would prefer not doing this because updating my entry for BSE is just extra effort.
I rushed this at the last minute.
Family problems.
Boring.
Long waiting times.
No updates.
No round prizes.
Major cash prize at the end
GTL2 is the next big thing.
Other competitions come in the way.
I think of something easy to whip up.
Another background element?.
Lazy host?.
BSE is dead?...

These are the kinda the small sample of thoughts I present to you, this is the build up from all the round I have been in, with the people who cared and stand up for the competition.
These are not my thoughts, these are the people thought who does care about BSE and would want to enjoy there time.
I could not care less about the BSE because I do to it to practise.
No need to fight against this because at the end of the day it will turn out nasty.
The host have a responsibility to do, let them do it there own way.
They started this, now they got to finish it.

PivotBlimp
05-28-2014, 11:15 AM
camilla has a life maybe

Life ain't an excuse. If you take on a job like hosting an official competition, your supposed to do it responsibly and professional, as a host. My point was I just don't see how this isn't a problem, if the hosts can't keep up with their job, why not get another host. That was only point, but I wanna stop here before the mods get ban happy again, we're just curious.

Storm
05-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Life ain't an excuse. If you take on a job like hosting an official competition, your supposed to do it responsibly and professional, as a host. My point was I just don't see how this isn't a problem, if the hosts can't keep up with their job, why not get another host. That was only point, but I wanna stop here before the mods get ban happy again, we're just curious.

true.
now i fear hewwit coming in to save the day (infract us all) so ima just say YAWK
and leave. cya guys gl

Camila
05-28-2014, 12:45 PM

Get out of here

What the hell is your problem dude. I'm not even going to "answer" YOUR earlier question, you seem to involve everyone else on your thoughts.

Freaking give me a break. Life is not an excuse? I'm not a 15 years old kid with summer vacations, that does nothing but being on youtube and whine about delays on stick forums. I'm studying to get a job in my future professional life, unluckly on round 5 and 6 colkege started again for me; and I don't have summer vacations anymore, to put your short entry as my high priority right now, and guess what, everyone else is busy to like get another host. So if you don't like it the door is completely and widely open for you to leave and stop whining.

Wasted the 10 minutes of brake I have in the whole day between my classes to answer to your silly whining, now if you excuse me I have a programming test that is NOT easy.

PivotBlimp
05-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Get out of here

What the hell is your problem dude. I'm not even going to "answer" YOUR earlier question, you seem to involve everyone else on your thoughts.

Freaking give me a break. Life is not an excuse? I'm not a 15 years old kid with summer vacations, that does nothing but being on youtube and whine about delays on stick forums. I'm studying to get a job in my future professional life, unluckly on round 5 and 6 colkege started again for me; and I don't have summer vacations anymore, to put your short entry as my high priority right now, and guess what, everyone else is busy to like get another host. So if you don't like it the door is completely and widely open for you to leave and stop whining.

Wasted the 10 minutes of brake I have in the whole day between my classes to answer to your silly whining, now if you excuse me I have a programming test that is NOT easy.
Sorry if I offended you, as I said I'm just curious. I wasn't saying "your" life isn't important. Don't take it too personally. I'm not "whining", I'm not a child and I can talk in a calm manner. I just thought there'd be some sort of schedule, but this competition isn't as official as I thought apparently....

Camila
05-28-2014, 01:07 PM
So, I was looking back at BSE V4, and I noticed that there was no more than a week wait...

EEHHHH SORRY BUD BUT OXOB HAD VACATIONS IN THAT TIME.

I'm not trying to bash the host and judges or anything

Oh really???? are you sure?. Because it sounds exactly like that.

This is supposed to be an official competition for crying out loud.

Oh wow!!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification, idk what your point is tho. I'm taking this as a serious competition.

Its been a month now.

good point :/.

Storm stop agreeing with everyone

Alright this is where I just got pissed of. After going all "stop being so lazy and be profeshunal!!11" you go all like "srry im just curiuz!! don't get ofended even tho I called you out for being lazy and being unprofessional!".

acb
05-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Camila, I was thinking since you guys hosting are pretty busy with other things and keep having to delay the competition, I was wondering maybe you guys could get some sort of additional help to keep everything on track to save all the arguments..?

Does that sound like a good idea?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxelmmjuWx1r8058ko1_500.gif

PivotBlimp
05-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Ahh, I thought we ended this like adults already. Like I said multiple times already, you are taking it personally. Never once did I call you specifically out for being unprofessional, nor did I ever mention lazy. I said that's what a host should do. If you feel you are, then by all means defend it, without getting all sarcastic whilst not bringing up any informal points like you are now. I view this as a simple discussion and you seem to view it as though I'm coming for your life. I just want to know if we can get a specified time to expect a new round, and maybe a reason why it takes so long other than "life". Is the 30 judges thing true like SJT said, maybe that's a factor? ...I'm just curious as I keep saying.

*edit* I'm not replying anymore, apparently we're not allowed to ask questions or be concerned. I already made my view on this clear so I'm done.

Camila
05-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I thought you could use your brain, but I think is not happening

oxob3000
05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
I was only able to host the competition at such good pace becaus I had just finished school and was looking for a job at the time. I had tons of time to spend with the BSE. Camila is really busy and is doing the best she can.

Although it is true that she could get some help from other people in order to keep this competition more alive and consistant. I'm not sure what other mods would be more active and fit for this competition than what camila is though. I could help, but I'm not a mod anymore :c

AhdoMatic
05-28-2014, 03:25 PM
PivotBlimp, you keep saying that you're trying to be mature but you're not considering anything that the mods, judges, or hosts are going through. If you were being mature, you'd have some empathy and say "Oh maybe I should be patient and wait for the entries." You didnt even consider that they might try to get everyone's part in so they could start grading. I understand you're curious and what not, but you're still dont understand that everyone has a LIFE. It's not like they sit around all day on their computers. For one, Camila has college and had to study for a programming exam. I don't know if you've ever taken one of those, but it requires a lot of studying and memorization.

In general, just relax and be patient.

Camila
05-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Ahh, I thought we ended this like adults already.

lol In which part were you "acting like an adult"? I could just read your desperate whinings over and over again.

And you think that by saying "I'm done" the conversation is over?. Do you know how many times have I being called out on my "poor performance" as a hoster in these last 6-7 months of BSE?.

I've said multiple times "no there's not specific date for next rounds", I've said "please be patient". And yet, you're "curious". I'm thinking you were just thinking in an excuse to call me out of the many "failures" I've made as a hoster, and for some reason is 100% my fault, even tho Tsang is supossed to help me.

acb
05-28-2014, 03:37 PM
PivotBlimp, you keep saying that you're trying to be mature but you're not considering anything that the mods, judges, or hosts are going through. If you were being mature, you'd have some empathy and say "Oh maybe I should be patient and wait for the entries." You didnt even consider that they might try to get everyone's part in so they could start grading. I understand you're curious and what not, but you're still dont understand that everyone has a LIFE. It's not like they sit around all day on their computers. For one, Camila has college and had to study for a programming exam. I don't know if you've ever taken one of those, but it requires a lot of studying and memorization.

In general, just relax and be patient.

What's the point of having a deadline if it can't be met then? that's the point of a deadline, if Camila and tsang can't do that then maybe they could get some additional help.
Instead of talking about how hard life is for Camila and telling us to be patient how about someone step in and help out so that everyone's means are met and there isn't any arguing!

AhdoMatic
05-28-2014, 03:42 PM
What's the point of having a deadline if it can't be met then? that's the point of a deadline, if Camila and tsang can't do that then maybe they could get some additional help.
Instead of talking about how hard life is for Camila and telling us to be patient how about someone step in and help out so that everyone's means are met and there isn't any arguing!
I didn't see anyone volunteering for help at all. All I saw was complaints on why it was taking so long.
Bout time this came up.

Apex-Predator
05-28-2014, 03:44 PM

I'm sure she's thought of this, but has anyone volunteered? Nope.

acb
05-28-2014, 03:47 PM
I didn't see anyone volunteering for help at all. All I saw was complaints on why it was taking so long.
Bout time this came up.

It's been an ongoing issue that hasn't been resolved, and I'm not talking about the squabbling from users, I'm talking about the competition.
I'm pretty sure the delays have been getting longer, and it must be because Camila is the only one holding all of this up now despite the busy college stuff she's got to do.
That's why someone should help, where's Tsang anyway? To be fair I don't know his life either, he could be busy with other things too.

Where's someone responsible enough and has enough time on their hands to help Camila? Sure I'd help if I could!

PivotBlimp
05-28-2014, 03:57 PM
I was simply curious as to why there isn't a solution to this on-going problem. I'm not whining, at all lol. I'm not arguing anymore like I said, I thought it ended already and we were ready to start getting some solutions. I read your response Ahdo and I guess I could've been a bit more understanding, but I still don't see how this ain't a problem given it's an "Official Stickpage competition" and everything's being pinned on busy Camila. And sure, I'd have no problem with helping, nobody ever asked for volunteers lol. Maybe Oxob could help out again since he has some experience.(although this version is nearly over, better late than never)

Apex-Predator
05-28-2014, 04:01 PM
I was simply curious as to why there isn't a solution to this on-going problem. I'm not whining, at all lol. I'm not arguing anymore like I said, I thought it ended already and we were ready to start getting some solutions. I read your response Ahdo and I guess I could've been a bit more understanding, but I still don't see how this ain't a problem given it's an "Official Stickpage competition" and everything's being pinned on Camila. And sure, I'd have no problem with helping, nobody ever asked for volunteers lol. Maybe Oxob could help out again since he has some experience.(although this version is nearly over, better late than never)

It didn't seem like you were curious, it seemed like you had made your mind up about what you thought was going on. Like you were maybe accusing her of something.

PivotBlimp
05-28-2014, 04:20 PM
It didn't seem like you were curious, it seemed like you had made your mind up about what you thought was going on. Like you were maybe accusing her of something.

Well I wasn't. Reading back, it looks like I was kinda coming at Camila lol. I wasn't though. What I said in your quote was my true intentions from the get go. "Why isn't this a problem" pretty much. Whether or not she was the problem wasn't really the concern, a solution to it was. Sorry for all this.

I repent my wrong doings.

Arch-Angel
05-28-2014, 04:32 PM
I have a solution for you guys, stop posting. Stop. Don't even reply to this comment with stupid comments agree'ing or trying to tell me that you understand and will listen. Seriously, just stop. Any further discussion about this BSE round's progression or the release of the next round will result in a 2 day ban. Use all of this free time that everyone has to work on other projects or be productive in some other sort of way other than trying to give someone a hard time because you've never had to wait for anything in your lives. If any of you have ever been a part of an official stickpage competition then you would know how crazy things can get with people and their irl shit, and how easy it is to overlook something or forget. We don't need anyone reminding us about how to do anything or what should happen or whatever. The people in charge are in charge for a reason and that's that. If you have any discrepancies feel free to send me a private message and I would love to talk all about how you can't wait for something that will ultimately benefit you in the end. I'm clearing my inbox out right after this so we can have some long talks about it.

For all of you truly brave souls that want to try me on my promise, I wish you luck. I'll even quote it at the end of this post that way I know we're all on the same page.

"Any further discussion about this BSE round's progression or the release of the next round will result in a 2 day ban."
Try me.

acb
05-28-2014, 05:05 PM
http://moonjaspers.deviantart.com/art/BSE-Version-5-Round-6-452108149 - moonjaspers
http://dylanjimmyirwin.deviantart.com/art/Bse-V5-R6-453010891?ga_submit_new=10%253A1399641117 - captain4dji
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1756/ - fl-nordin
http://d4zh.deviantart.com/art/Bse-Version-5-Round-6-454183809?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400124236 d4zh
http://xenomaruu.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Entry-Beneath-The-Deep-454408852?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400229930 xenomaru
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1809/ - sjt15
http://www.filz.us/view/f0e69707-5f0/ - red death
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1820/ - janravnik
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1822/ - zane
http://pyrovonne.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-6-454997103?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400467928&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1 - pyrosamurai

the other peeps who made an entry, I went through the thread

Camila
05-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Ty beam. That'll make it easier to update the FP. ♥

Here's your golden star ★

Sheildn'Mirrors
05-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Oooooooh, I am SO IN!!!

Arch-Angel
05-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Oooooooh, I am SO IN!!!

Gotta wait until next round, buddy.

awesomeuniversal
05-28-2014, 07:04 PM
how to update the FP?

Camila
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM
So... FRONTPAGE UPDATED

_SAVY_
05-29-2014, 01:51 AM
noooooooooooooo its not im gonna finish mine right nao >.<

... edit.. fuck life is such a bitch -_-

ANOTHER EDIT IM DONE! look at this masterpiece it deserves a 12/10

edit ive added a super high quality preloader now http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1826/

much sarcasm

you forgot mine

acb
05-29-2014, 07:52 AM
you forgot mine

Sorry Savy, I was skimming through and I noticed you said you weren't going to finish so I assumed you didn't have an entry.

My bad -_-

Mustika
05-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Greetings, BSE citizens.

You might not know me that well, but actually I ever offered some helps on the past BSE rounds and somehow stopped doing it due to the under-controlled situation. So I'm back and just passing by here to post what I'm having now for the temporary leaderboard. I repeat, I made the temporary leaderboard for BSE. Starting from the very first episode, uh I mean round, until the previous round to be accumulated (personally still waiting for this round's scores to make this Microsoft Excel file I did more accurate, but I'll let it to the judges).
Did this in 1/8 day, since I was getting some free time, so why not?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzyvwvdh68juugp/BSE%20V5%20Leaderboards.xlsx

I compiled them all from the whole 6 BSE threads including this thread you are on now.

Those bolded names are the ones who survive every BSE rounds, the '0.0' points are those who didn't submit their entries, and I also left the blanks for several cells on 'Round 6' column to be filled with the upcoming scores.
I'll definitely be going to update this Excel file if there will be upcoming scores to be input. Soooo, yap. Camila has just approved this either. Thus, it makes me an assistant for score updating, starting now. :D
Apology if I seem to be a bit formal (I think), just in a mood for doing so.

That's all by now, peace out and good luck, folks. '.'\
~Mustika

Kursura
05-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Nice work Musti, that should really help the organisers :D .
And well done to all the participants that have done all the rounds up to know. You make me proud.

PivotBlimp
05-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Very nice :eek: You missed my 5th entry tho

Camila
05-29-2014, 03:41 PM
*Thank you Mustika, tho, I think you forgot my 5th entry, can you please chekc that out?*

Just fixed it.

_SAVY_
05-29-2014, 04:11 PM
oh camila here is my entry btw http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1826/

PivotBlimp
05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
oh camila here is my entry btw http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/1826/
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't your entry a bit late Savy? Also, sorry Camila, where were my manners. Thank you very much Mustika :o

_SAVY_
05-29-2014, 05:19 PM
camila just replied back after i posted my entry so i guess i made it

Mustika
05-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Very nice :eek: You missed my 5th entry tho
Alright, just did a double check for the whole score and did some edits for your R5 entry and lilg742ster's R2 score (from 7.8 to 6.8). Thus, it makes PivotBlimp the 6th instead of 8th. Thanks for pulling it out. :)

Keep in mind that each individuals should mind their scores as well like PivotBlimp did, because there might be slight possibilities for some common mistakes (even though the double-check is already worth it, but still).

Nice work Musti, that should really help the organisers :D .
Thank you, Kursu :3 Such an honor to help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't your entry a bit late Savy?

camila just replied back after i posted my entry so i guess i made it
Uh folks, mind the frontpage? Camila has updated it again, so _SAVY_'s entry is valid.

Camila
05-29-2014, 11:05 PM
I'll make mustika my official help-partner.

You're great missy ♥♥

Here... *looks in jacket for reward* your golden star ★

Reconcile
05-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Mustika should be a mod.

FL-Nordin
05-30-2014, 05:40 AM
oooooooh mustika, thanks for the excel overview you're assistance is much appriciated

pyrosamurai
05-30-2014, 02:00 PM
oooohh I'm in fourth thats cool thanks mustika

PivotBlimp
05-30-2014, 02:03 PM
oooohh I'm in fourth thats cool thanks mustika
Hehe, I'm comin for you and Savy. Believe it :rolleyes:

_SAVY_
05-30-2014, 03:44 PM

hah! this is not even a challange for you

.. lol you r allready going to pass me in this round

Kursura
05-30-2014, 04:28 PM
hah! this is not even a challange for you

.. lol you r allready going to pass me in this round

Keep trying. You never know what may happen ;) .

pyrosamurai
05-30-2014, 06:10 PM

Challenge accepted :) Gonna try and stop procrastinating now

Savy you've got to believvveee~

Dazh
05-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Here are my two cents:

Fl nordin,pyro, and sjt15 did the best...was badass...hurhur

acb
06-01-2014, 01:27 PM
We be on round 6, the last rounds should be interesting :)
Hopefully

Camila
06-02-2014, 09:16 AM
A little update and news!

Got scores frlm judge 3, judge 2 will be done by tomorrow as well with judge 1 and his CnC.

Also to speed up the process I created a programm that calculates the scores automatically and it gives me the forum HTML code I need to fill the table and their scores, for now only I can use it since I made it ina programm that I have but I'll try to conver it to an .exe file, that way the future hosters will also use it.

FL-Nordin
06-02-2014, 10:05 AM

Got scores frlm judge 3, judge 2 will be done by tomorrow as well with judge 1 and his CnC.

Also to speed up the process I created a programm that calculates the scores automatically and it gives me the forum HTML code I need to fill the table and their scores, for now only I can use it since I made it ina programm that I have but I'll try to conver it to an .exe file, that way the future hosters will also use it.

wow neat, planning ahead in the future of bse's, thats very toughtfull of you

Mustika
06-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Nice, can't wait to update these deary tables for updating test *cracks knuckles*
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome to the Excel Leaderboard update, gave me inside fuzzy feelings to read them ^w^ and good luck Camila for managing the program to be applicable in the future.

Also cheers for the official help-partner title and the golden star *u* it looks really shiny.

Camila
06-03-2014, 10:13 PM
All updated!!. The programm works perfectly, it took me around 5 minutes to calculate the averages and replace them with the forum code, not kidding. Here is a screenie of how deos it work:

http://i.imgur.com/3rBBIgk.png

It basically asks you 2 options calculate or exit the app, then i just enter the scores and it calculates the average giving me automatically the forum code I need for the table, then it just goes back to the first question and you keep calculating the scores. I'll ask my teacher how to transform it into an .exe to let the future hosters use it.

Also read the CnC in the spoiler bellow!

you all owe me a new wrist

FL-Nordin
06-04-2014, 05:20 AM
wooohooo, scores are out.
urrr ma gurd 9,3 I am truly happy with the cnc because 9,0 - 9,0 and 10 hahahahaha

_SAVY_
06-04-2014, 05:40 AM
i feel sorry for every score that is less then my... pivotblimp an acbeam r catching up on me D: i need to do something big for the next round

Kursura
06-04-2014, 06:04 AM
All updated!!. The programm works perfectly

Yay, you did it! ^o^ Well done

Hope your wrist gets better .-.

Spectre
06-04-2014, 06:35 AM
:O wow, I actually did a lot better than I thought I would!
Thank you Camila, I'll buy you a new one by Saturday.

captain4dji
06-04-2014, 07:35 AM
well, i actually rushed at last, and i know my force isn't come out.
but i think water should stop some of your force. so i made it forceless.

Mustika
06-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Alright ladies and gentlemen, overall scores are updated still with the same link I gave before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzyvwvdh68juugp/BSE%20V5%20Leaderboards.xlsx
I'd done it in 7 hours ago and wanted to post it quickly, but couldn't do it due to uni project my whole class and I had to do (it was just finished).

Wow, that preview looks cool, Camila! Definitely fit the forum HTML :D and might as well provide that overall score link on the frontpage, it won't change because I'll just overwrite the Dropbox data without changing the main link.
See you guys later on round 7. Enjoy your breaktime 'til the next round comes, read the CnCs properly, and keep up the good work! :D

Camila
06-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Ty mustika!!, I'll make you a small sig for being ky official help-partner '3'

Apex-Predator
06-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Good to see the thread at peace now also good job Mustika.

PivotBlimp
06-04-2014, 09:21 AM
That program looks neat. As for the cnc, I was under like a 1 hour a day limit at the time if I was lucky. So I just threw an entry out for the sake of getting a score at all. I'll be sure to turn up a bit next round.Im comin for you Savy >:]

acb
06-04-2014, 10:03 AM
i feel sorry for every score that is less then my... pivotblimp an acbeam r catching up on me D: i need to do something big for the next round

I'm gonna git u I swer it! xD

pyrosamurai
06-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Oh yay I got second!
I really liked SJT's and Chewy's because they looked really clean :)

Mustika
06-05-2014, 05:42 AM
Good to see the thread at peace now also good job Mustika.
Thank you, Apex.

Ty mustika!!, I'll make you a small sig for being ky official help-partner '3'
Woah .o. I'll be so honored to have one, my good miss ♥ hope your wrist will be fine soon ._.

Congratulations FL-Nordin, pyrosamurai, and Chewy for the top 3 round winner! As well as people who did their entries as BSE progresses (extra kudos for the names I bolded on the overall leaderboard). Looking forward to the next round's participation.

Spectre
06-05-2014, 07:06 AM
wohaho! Savy! 4th! that ain't bad at all! Congratz man!

_SAVY_
06-05-2014, 08:51 AM
wohaho! Savy! 4th! that ain't bad at all! Congratz man!

thanks! :D imma try to keep that place even if that is almost impossibru >n>

btw congratz to nordin. he never got a score under 8.. thats impressive!

Red Death
06-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Eh, my score is low, but I noticed in every BSE I did, my score progresses little by little ya know?

Dazh
06-07-2014, 11:22 AM
damn i did horrible... :c

FL-Nordin
06-07-2014, 11:27 AM
thanks! :D imma try to keep that place even if that is almost impossibru >n>

btw congratz to nordin. he never got a score under 8.. thats impressive!

hmmmmm i did'nt notice that hahahaha, it kinda is impressive, thanks Savy

ZABI
06-08-2014, 03:50 AM
Who is Judge 2?

Drone
06-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Damn son, judge #2 was not fucking around

Camila
06-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Who is Judge 2?

Does it matter?.

Also I messed up the place of the scores from judge 1 and 3.

Judge1's scores are wyere it says judge3, and viceversa lol.

Mustika
06-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Well, at least the overall scores are still the same, aren't they? Because you almost left me in sudden shock here lol.

Arch-Angel
06-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Osnap this is a perfect oppurtunity for me to make a post and show you all my avatar and signature.

FL-Nordin
06-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Osnap this is a perfect oppurtunity for me to make a post and show you all my avatar and signature.

the-voices.net (before i'm gonna ask who that is), results i get,
- link to a text that says naked women
- link to a text that says hot girls
- charity, down syndrome...
- child care and child adoption
- 성인비디오 (i have no idea what this is... but it was the only foreign language i saw right above child adoption, i tought i was worth mentioning)
so... who is this girl, or did I type something wrong, lol

- also single moms

_SAVY_
06-08-2014, 04:34 PM
soooooooo.. where is tsang?

Camila
06-08-2014, 05:43 PM
soooooooo.. where is tsang?

I'll contact him on IRC to know when is he posting the next round

Hewitt
06-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Camila pulled the perfect smokescreen 2 rounds ago when she said I could never be a judge. ~Judge 2

Camila
06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
And Hewitt's mind games begin.

Hewitt
06-08-2014, 08:32 PM
If you think about it, Judge 2 is the most unreasonable of the bunch

almost as if he knows shit about animation

ZABI
06-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Does it matter?.

Yes, which is why I asked. He/She seems to be the most critical so I'd like to receive Cnc more often from that person.
So tell me.

Rosie
06-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Nobody is going to tell you who they are, Zane. They're kept anonymous for a reason.

Chewy
06-10-2014, 02:58 AM
He just wants to know so he can secretly murder Judge 2 in his sleep. Watch out.

_SAVY_
06-10-2014, 05:07 AM
He just wants to know so he can secretly murder Judge 2 in his sleep. Watch out.

lol weird i got the best score from judge 2 :D

Xeno
06-10-2014, 05:20 AM
Sort of seems like judge 2 is extra harsh

SJT15
06-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Nobody is going to tell you who they are, Zane. They're kept anonymous for a reason.

So what if judge 2 was harsh or not are you going to hold a grudge towards him just because he gave people strict scores?
I could not care less about my score and I think this is really tiring that this kind of situations happen over and over.
Giving me a low score? I am going to quit BSE!
Give me one reason why I should quit because at the moment because not only I come far into this I do deep down want to improve in animation and not only animation, art as well, I practise as much as I can because they are my passion, I know what I want to do and I am going to push to my very limit to achieve it, I may not the best but at least I keep going, I could not care less if I am in second or points away from 1st, I do this because at the end of it I can walk out and see that I ain't joking about, every BSE I done so far have been real good material, something I can look back on and see what my mistakes and best moments, it's part of learning and sometimes people mainly forget why they are animating in the first place.

When I am done with this I would be able to produce work with no restrictions, no due dates and no pressure.
Something I could go all out too.
and something that people can do too if they can put their mind to it.

Camila
06-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Yep... that's you SJT, the rest of the people want someone to whine to, and I don't know if "lower scores=better CnC" is a logic that sounds reasonable, it can just be a different opinion, don't you like the CnC that we've offered so far?.

FL-Nordin
06-10-2014, 09:01 AM
So what if judge 2 was harsh or not are you going to hold a grudge towards him just because he gave people strict scores?
I could not care less about my score and I think this is really tiring that this kind of situations happen over and over.
Giving me a low score? I am going to quit BSE!
Give me one reason why I should quit because at the moment because not only I come far into this I do deep down want to improve in animation and not only animation, art as well, I practise as much as I can because they are my passion, I know what I want to do and I am going to push to my very limit to achieve it, I may not the best but at least I keep going, I could not care less if I am in second or points away from 1st, I do this because at the end of it I can walk out and see that I ain't joking about, every BSE I done so far have been real good material, something I can look back on and see what my mistakes and best moments, it's part of learning and sometimes people mainly forget why they are animating in the first place.

When I am done with this I would be able to produce work with no restrictions, no due dates and no pressure.
Something I could go all out too.
and something that people can do too if they can put their mind to it.

+1 , because i am almost at that point where i can animate anyting that comes to mind, even tho my cnc is sometimes way longer than the cnc of somebody with a lower score, ill use that information to better myself, even if the cnc is only praise of what i did good, i translate that cnc into; everything he/she didnt mention was not that impressive to bring up, so thats where im gonna focus on more the next time i animate.
Maybe it could be an advise to let the judge cnc who gave the lowest score, but i can imagine that not happening because that makes the judging procces even longer, so forget that idea

PivotBlimp
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
+1 , because i am almost at that point where i can animate anyting that comes to mind, even tho my cnc is sometimes way longer than the cnc of somebody with a lower score, ill use that information to better myself, even if the cnc is only praise of what i did good, i translate that cnc into; everything he/she didnt mention was not that impressive to bring up, so thats where im gonna focus on more the next time i animate.
Maybe it could be an advise to let the judge cnc who gave the lowest score, but i can imagine that not happening because that makes the judging procces even longer, so forget that idea
I'm pretty self critical and see maybe 85% the mistakes before I get the Cnc anyway. It's still more impacting coming from another person though. The way I keep myself going with a lot of things, not only animation, is asking "Why can't I do that?", or "What's stopping me from doing that?". Instead of wallowing in what you can't do at the moment, you tackle what's stopping you. Easier said than done of course. I just hate seeing people watch great artists, and then get depressed because they cant do it yet. *Also I'm fine with the cnc, solid opinions.

Red Death
06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I honestly respect judge 2's opinion. I like critical CnC so I can learn. My mama always said, if I have an issue, I need to correct it. But If you guys don't push me, I can't excel. So ty, judge 2.

Hewitt
06-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Yes, which is why I asked. He/She seems to be the most critical so I'd like to receive Cnc more often from that person.
So tell me.

I gave Zane a 3.5 because his name starts with a Z. And Z is like a totally uncool letter.

The .5 is because I'm nice.

Camila
06-10-2014, 10:41 PM
So tell me.

Lol it almost sounded like if you were not being thankfull of receiving CnC at all...

I'll leave it at Hewitt's post.

Obsidium
06-11-2014, 09:17 AM
who cares it's just bse

ZABI
06-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Is hewitt judge 2?

Lol it almost sounded like if you were not being thankfull of receiving CnC at all...

Oh and why be thankful of something I didn't ask for, not saying I'm not because I am and it does help, but like, :/ yeah.

Arch-Angel
06-13-2014, 07:06 AM
Is hewitt judge 2?

Oh and why be thankful of something I didn't ask for, not saying I'm not because I am and it does help, but like, :/ yeah.

Are you serious, bro? The point of the constructive criticism is to tell you what you did right and let you know what to work on that way you can get a higher score next round.