PDA

View Full Version : Danny Lo, The Sorcerer of the Storms, vs. Abra, The Genocidal Magician

SmellsLikeGreek
06-01-2014, 10:38 AM
A Special Occasion has occurred! The debut battle of Danny Lo, Created by SmellsLikeGreek

This one is between Danny Lo, the Sorcerer of Storms, and Abra, The Genocidal Magician, Made by 6Asmo6deus6

The wind whipped and bit at Danny as he stood in the center of RHG park. It had been a month since he last fought anyone. His arm had healed up nicely, and his power considerably rose since then. He didn't know what it was...but he felt his knowledge of the arcane arts grow after his fight.

He lifted his scarf over above his nose, and continued to stand. He wore a pair of charcoal black pants, and dark brown boots. A black T-Shirt, and a brown jacket. A thick black scarf was wrapped around his neck, and a black beanie covered his head.

"I swear if this Genocidal 'Clown' doesn't show up, I'll freeze my di-" A puff of smoke to his left cut him off mid sentence. Danny looked over, and spotted that creepy mask through the smoke. "Took you long enough, creep" Danny said. Abra proceeded to take off his top hat, and suck the smoke into it. "Oh calm down." He patted his hair. "Do you know how long it takes to do this?" He slid his top hat back on, and strutted towards Danny. " You can't blame me for wanting to look good when we met." Danny scowled, and took a step back. "You're making this sound like it's a date, which it isn't" He spat out. Abra chuckled maliciously. "Oh but it is my boy!" His shadow rose up from behind him, and formed itself into a marionette doll. "It's a date with Death! Go, Marionette!"

Marionette flung itself at Danny, forcing him backwards, farther into the cold, and farther away from Abra. Danny exploded his aura, and pushed Marionette back. He threw his scarf off, and dashed towards Abra. Abra flung his arms out, throwing a barrage of cards straight towards Danny. By pure instinct, He popped his electrical shield. The cards bounced off of his shield, and stuck themselves into the ground.

The Shield dissipated, and Danny slammed onto the ground. Before he could react, a string shot out and connected itself to his shoulder. He immediately lost all feeling in that arm, and attempted to shoot a bolt of lightning at Abra with his other. Marionette jumped in front of it, and block most of the damage. The explosion from the impact, shot it backwards into Abra, who fell to the ground, and slid a few feet.

Danny took out one of his daggers, and sliced the string in half. He stood, and shot a barrage of lighting bolts at Abra while he was down. Abra looked up just in time to see the first bolt directly in front of him. Snow blew up from the ground, and clouded Danny's vision. He put his arm up in front of his face, and squinted.

When the dust cleared, Abra was standing in the middle of multiple holes where the bolts hit the ground. His mask was in his left hand, and a deck of cards in his other. His face...If you could call it a face...Was a swirling purple portal. He coughed up a bit of flame, and fit his mask back on his face. "That wasn't very nice." He said. Danny stood straight up, and scowled. "How are you even talking. You don't have a face." Abra laughed, and shrugged. "A Magician must never reveal his secrets"

"A Magician must know when to end the show." Danny said, then pretended to look at a non-existent watch on his wrist. "Looks like your time is up Abra." Danny dug his fingers into the ground, and shot his aura through to Abra. By the time he realized what was happening, a million bolts of electricity flew through him.

While Danny was channeling his spell, Marionette came up behind him, and attached itself to his legs and arms. The spell was cut short, and Danny lost control of his own body. His arms and legs went limp, and fell over on his face. Marionette raised him up off the ground face level to Abra. There was a crack in his mask, cutting down from the top to where his nose should be. "You've caused me some trouble Mr. Lo" He said. He gripped his mask, and ripped it off. A fire started in his swirling portal of a face. "It was a good fight. Although you've ruined my suit and my mask." He said. "Although I'm sure I'll be able to replace them."

'I won't go down like this...' Danny thought. Abra coughed, and flames spewed out of his face. Just before they made contact, Danny's eyes shot open, glowing blue with power. One second, he was held up in front of Abra, the next he was an electrical being floating in the air. He stared down at Abra, who looked around trying to find Danny. "Game over, Magician" He said, his voice staticy with electricity. He slammed his hands together, and manifested a ball of pure energy. He shot down to the ground, and slammed it into Abra. The ball exploded, shooting out bolts of electricity that arched out through RHG park.

When Danny stood back up, He was alone. The ground was ripped up and scarred, and the snow had melted and eviscerated. The only thing left of Abra, were the shattered remains of his mask and Marionette's shadow limbs.

Minutes late, Paramedics filed into the Park to take Danny to the hospital.

DANNY LO, THE SORCERER OF STORMS, WINS.

Abra was strolling around for his nightly walk and was making his way back to his apartment when flashes of yellow light drew him to a secluded part of the park. It was a very peaceful place, surrounded by great oaks that soared into the sky. The sound of crackling and zapping intensified the closer he got, and soon he could make out a figure. There was a man, early twenties it seems, practicing true magic. He didn’t look like a stereotypical magician, wearing a grey trench coat that covered a black shirt and pants. He did wear golden Aviators which Abra found confusing being that it was nearing midnight. Abra watched as he wielded a thick leathery tome and cast lightning spells at targets. Abra drew from the shadows and approached. "You know your magic reminds me of a kid I once met, young fella known as Volt, he hung around Vamprina."

Danny looked up and was startled that this man had been watching him the whole time. "Who are you and what do you want?"

Abra smiled, "Oh nothing nothing, I was just interested in your magic. Lightning takes such a beautiful shape don't you agree?" He shuffled his deck and threw them into the air, they turned into a cloud, then formed a lightning bolt that struck Abra's hand, falling back into a deck. "But you must be bored at hitting immobile targets." He indicated the damage the magician had done to the trees.

"Well I can't attack people now can I?"

"How about me? You must be a WRHG warrior, would make no sense otherwise."

"You're joking? You want to fight against lightning, with cards?"

Abra laughed and threw his cards, Danny zapped them out of the air. "I see no harm in that." Abra threw his cards in the air and they created a cyclone which he sent at Danny. The spinning cards flew over Danny and landed on him, catching him in the middle of a slicing maelstrom. Suddenly the ground under Danny liquefied and he fell through, he swam through until he reached under Abra, and with a yank, he pulled half of Abra into the ground. He pulled himself out and stood above Abra.

"You're a lot weaker than i thought." Abra smiled and waved his hand at Danny like he was telling him to bring it on. Suddenly he heard whistling and quickly created a lightning shield behind him. Vaporizing the cyclone that came to Abra at his beckoning. Abra grabbed Danny's feet and tripped him. He pulled himself out and manifested a blade. His suit pants were covered in dirt, and he waved his hand so that it would match the rest of his white outfit again.
"Funny, I could say the same to you." Suddenly Abra flew to the side, a giant frozen fist hung where he was standing. It melted and Danny stood, lightning formed in his hands, and he chucked them at the motionless Abra. Cards flew up to guard Abra and absorbed the electric shock. Abra stood up with a simple dusting of his clothes, he manifested another blade and charged at Danny. Danny shot off more charges but cards flew up to guard Abra. Abra crossed his arms, forming an X. He slashed down, but it was a simple feint. He let the swords slipped through his fingers and they slid down his back. Suddenly they burst into cards and flew up between Abra’s armpits at Danny. Danny dodged and watched the cards fly past him then turn up, flying into the air. He took a risk and stepped closer to Abra, betting that Abra had a safety zone to prevent the cards from hurting him. He landed a hook to the stomach and a straight to the face when the cards suddenly flew down, cutting into both Abra and Danny.

Danny's Aviators fell off, exposing his glowing blue eyes. Abra's mask had cut marks and a crack from Danny's straight. Danny turned himself into a water clone and backed off. Soon he surrounded Abra with his clones and charged. Abra manifested two blades and began attacking each clone and watched as they each simply deflated into a puddle. Danny came behind him and swung down, but Abra suddenly spun and blocked it. He pushed Danny back and charge,d but Danny quickly swapped with a clone. He formed clones around him and charged again. However, Abra just stood there and waited for them to come, then he ran forward and nailed Danny in the face with a punch. Danny was floored, he looked up at Abra who smiled at him, “I never got to introduce myself.” He reached out to help him up, “Name’s Abra.”

“Danny Lo,” He lifted his hand, “How did you know which one was me?”

Abra scratched his hair, and Danny reached up, and picked out a playing card from his small black afro. He flipped the card over, it was a joker. Abra smiled. Danny smiled back grabbed Abra’s hand, yanking him down. Danny sank into the ground before Abra fell on top of him. Abra’s arm was stuck in the ground and he struggled to pull it out. Danny swam away and resurfaced. He summoned a bolt but it was stopped by a card. Abra finally yanked his arm out and stood up. He looked at Danny, “Now that wasn’t very nice.” Danny shrugged and fired a spark and dropped a bolt at the same time. Abra’s cards stopped them again, but Danny didn’t let up on the yellow lightning bolts, dropping stronger and stronger ones, forcing Abra to create a wall above his head. Danny kept him occupied with the skies, forcing strike after strike with one hand and in his other he began forming a lightning spear, determined to end it. He chucked the crackling spear and Abra saw the yellow lightning come at him. He quickly teleported past the spear and landed on top of Danny.

Danny created a static field and detonated it, blasting Abra off, he stood up and watched Abra fall. "Okay Abra, time for you to die." Danny cracked his neck and let the power course through him. His eyes blazed as Danny dug into his reservoir of energy and pool them into his hands. Abra stood and felt the ground shake as Danny planted his hands down and pumped his lightning into it. He stared he was encircled by blue lightning bolts. He teleported up but the bolts simply turned upwards, they were homed. He landed back down and stared at Danny, who clenched his hands and the spears soared at Abra. Abra quickly encased himself within a magical box, and the bolts pierced through everywhere.

Danny listened to Abra's cries intensified then dwindled away as he died. Danny fell, he couldn't feel his arms or legs, and could barely lift his head, but he had won. A shadow loomed over him and tapped him, then he was grabbed by the shoulder and turned over. He looked up with shock as Abra smiled down on him. "So that was your secret ability huh? Well I must tell you, those spears were harder to dodge than swords." He took off his mask and stared at Danny through the portal, "Well you show me yours so I'll show you mine right? Well good bye Danny, I promise to keep that tome safe for you." The portal glowed and flames poured out, incinerating Danny Lo. Abra quickly grabbed the tome from the embers and batted away any stray flames. He read the inside, "What type of language is this? Oh forget it." He chucked the book back into the fire and watched it burn. He walked away whistling, his mask in his hands, "Abra," he spun it, "Kadabra," and put it back on, "Alakazam," he smiled.

Aquila
06-01-2014, 04:21 PM
No one has voted yet.... My head hurts from the suspense.

SmellsLikeGreek
06-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Mine as well. Lol

Chamel
06-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Don't worry fellas. People will vote soon enough.

I've read both stories, I'm just waiting to vote until I get to my computer so I can CnC as well. I do want to say that you both did pretty good, in my opinion.

Matthew Murphy
06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
How many wRHG did you actually challenged, Abra?

Aquila
06-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Lets see, theres the 6 i've fought, william thatch, hollywood, lucario, and now i need to work on gin, neon, and Grigori... Oh there's also Solutum. So that's 13?

I am also waiting for Delta and the Suicide Sisters to become available. As well as Bek and a few others I believe.

Lol i'm losing, but hell the week is young right?

SmellsLikeGreek
06-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Wow, 12 already. That's funny. I haven't even challenged anyone because some people have really ridiculous characters.

SaulMurphy
06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Wow, 12 already. That's funny. I haven't even challenged anyone because some people have really ridiculous characters.

Ridiculous? Meaning?

I find his spirit entertaining. Impressed with the fact that he has the free time and stamina and imaginative sense to take on the world. The whole battle section is currently littered by his battles. Asmodeus is around and fighting more than most I guess.

EDIT: Actually what is more impressive is the opponents as well, keeping up with the pace. Most writers procrastinate, yet Asmo's battles always happen.

Xate
06-03-2014, 09:19 AM
EDIT: Actually what is more impressive is the opponents as well, keeping up with the pace. Most writers procrastinate, yet Asmo's battles always happen.
Imagine this:
Asmo: Yo, I wanna fight.
Guy: Kay.
Asmo: Done.
Guy: Whut? Whaaaaaaaat? Wait there, I'll be done in a sec!
*a day later*
Guy: Done! Phew, now I don't have to lose face.

That, and the fact that the battlers are the new blood, who are still enthusiastic.

SmellsLikeGreek
06-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Haha, I didn't think of it that way. But when i say ridiculous, i mean that the character is a bit too complicated for me to write about. I've taken a few sample wRHG's from the characters section, and tried to do a demo on them. Essentially, i attempted to write them using any and all abilities they had. Sometimes they simply have too many abilities, and other times, I can't think of how I'm supposed to write it. So it's either me, which it very well could be, or it's just that they make characters too difficult.

Aquila
06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Is my character not complicated? I don't know whether to feel glad or insulted XD

SmellsLikeGreek
06-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Your character is complicated, but I've worked on the lines of Abra. Let me say it like this, I've had many characters. One of my characters was hilariously close to Abra, minus Marionette, and the swirling portal face. Other characters are just out there, and all around. Some of these I've never even thought would exist, while others, I've thought of them, but never put work into it.

Crank
06-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Alright! Slowly getting less behind on the battles!

Anyway:

Smells (First word, sorry bro) :

Looks pretty solid, but I've got a couple quick things for ya. First one is dialogue. When the speaker changes, you usually indent a new paragraph, it gets a little confusing other wise, and show who says what a little bit clearer.

"I swear if this Genocidal 'Clown' doesn't show up, I'll freeze my di-" A puff of smoke to his left cut him off mid sentence. Danny looked over, and spotted that creepy mask through the smoke. "Took you long enough, creep" Danny said. Abra proceeded to take off his top hat, and suck the smoke into it. "Oh calm down." He patted his hair. "Do you know how long it takes to do this?" He slid his top hat back on, and strutted towards Danny. " You can't blame me for wanting to look good when we met." Danny scowled, and took a step back. "You're making this sound like it's a date, which it isn't" He spat out. Abra chuckled maliciously. "Oh but it is my boy!" His shadow rose up from behind him, and formed itself into a marionette doll. "It's a date with Death! Go, Marionette!"

"I swear if this Genocidal 'Clown' doesn't show up, I'll freeze my di-" A puff of smoke to his left cut him off mid sentence. Danny looked over, and spotted that creepy mask through the smoke. "Took you long enough, creep" Danny said.

Abra proceeded to take off his top hat, and suck the smoke into it. "Oh calm down." He patted his hair. "Do you know how long it takes to do this?" He slid his top hat back on, and strutted towards Danny. " You can't blame me for wanting to look good when we met."

Danny scowled, and took a step back. "You're making this sound like it's a date, which it isn't" He spat out.

Abra chuckled maliciously. "Oh but it is my boy!" His shadow rose up from behind him, and formed itself into a marionette doll. "It's a date with Death! Go, Marionette!"

At this point, now that who's saying what you can take it a step further by cleaning it up a little bit.

"I swear if this Genocidal 'Clown' doesn't show up, I'll freeze my di-" A puff of smoke to his left cut him off mid sentence. Danny looked over, and spotted that creepy mask through the smoke. "Took you long enough, creep."

"Oh calm down," Abra chuckled, taking off his top hat and sucking the smoke into it. Patting his hair, he continued. "Do you know how long it takes to do this? You can't blame me for wanting to look good when we met." He slid his top hat back on and strutted towards Danny.

"You're making this sound like it's a date," Danny scowled, taking a step back. "Which it isn't."

Abra chuckled maliciously. "Oh but it is my boy!" His shadow rose up from behind him, and formed itself into a marionette doll. "It's a date with Death! Go, Marionette!"

Additionally, watch for breaking the dialogue of a character too many times, it makes it sound like they're stopping a lot, espially if you have periods instead of commas.

Crank grinned. "You're going to need more than that." Casually, he slid his hands out of his pockets, surveying the group surrounding him. "I mean, it's barely ten to one right now." Slowly, he drew the claymore off of his back. "And I'm pretty badass."

"You're going to need more than that," Crank grinned, sliding his hands out of his pockets as he surveyed the group surrounding him, "I mean, it's barely ten to one right now, and I'm pretty badass." Slowly, he drew the claymore off his back.

The other little thing is I'm not a big fan of when things happen with seemingly no results. The hospital is starting to feel like a cop-out to me, especially when they get there imminently. People will bond with your characters more if there's a sense of danger or struggle, you might want to portay that a little more instead of having the battle end and pretty much imminently saying he's going to be okay.

Trip6

I found your fight pretty hard to follow, it felt like a lot of magic without enough description. It's good that you're ambitions and want a lot to be going on, but you need to keep your reader in the loop. There's a whole lot to keep track of, that quite frankly takes away from the story. Ya know how you'll be watching a show where two people are working on a car or something, and one asks for an obscure tool that confounds the other guy? That's kinda what's going on here. What's it look like and I'll dig it up, but until then I'm going to sit here confused, try and probably wind up wrong. For example, water clone to me is a mass of water in the shape of some guy, so when Danny was confused how Abra knew it was him, I kinda put my hand on my chin like how wouldn't he?

Basically, the more that's going on the more details you have to put into something. It was a good story, but it was a bit too easy to get lost in.

Aquila
06-08-2014, 06:25 PM
O.o holy crap I got whooped XD. Great battle bro hahaha

SmellsLikeGreek
06-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Yea, it was fun. Whoo, my first battle went well :D