PDA

View Full Version : Intermediates, post your animations here.

Ashero
06-10-2014, 05:15 PM
I know that I'm not Interz, but WafflesMcGee has a good point.

mizu
06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Ehhh, I guess this is a good idea.

http://i.imgur.com/MJejhf5.gif

Atomicapple
06-10-2014, 06:52 PM
I know that I'm not Interz, but WafflesMcGee has a good point.
Oh no you added 2 i's in intermediate.

Anyways nice animation mizu. I like the force that the kicks had.

acutelatios
06-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Ehhhhh, I'm still a little iffy about this but if this is going to be a thing I might as well sticky it~
o w o

Zed
06-11-2014, 04:26 AM
I disagree with the existence of this thread.

We might as well merge all three animation sections together and just have a beginners, intermediates, and experts thread for each program.

Intermediate animations generally needs more attention and careful criticism than it would get in a thread like this. Beginners, on the other hand, can often be helped just by directing them to the right tutorials.

Having two of these threads for different levels commits us to using ranks. We are not DarkDemon. Ranks are bullshit. This will lead to people spending far too much time arguing about whether or not someone should be posting in the other thread.

Ashero
06-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Ok then
but Mizu, did you get my PM on TDD?

Zed, Sifter and Mizu can be a replacement Rank Team, though.

mizu
06-11-2014, 08:07 PM
We don't need a rank team, and we don't need these standards. I mean really anyone animating in pivot for more the a couple years could be considered Intermediate. Zed is right, better animations need better cnc. I'm not totally against this, but the fact that we don't even have a decent Pivot member base makes this kinda useless.

Ashero
02-15-2015, 11:47 AM
This isn't closed down tho
major bump too or is it not a bump because I made the thread

RichardLongflop
02-15-2015, 11:49 AM
I said it was dead at seven posts for a reason, AND it's unstickied. Those two things should make it obvious.

Ashero
02-15-2015, 12:47 PM
What? I don't know what you are talking about.

Root
02-15-2015, 02:53 PM
I don't really see a point in having this thread. It would probably be better to simply change the beginners thread to the general pivot thread.

mizu
02-19-2015, 05:42 AM
I'm ok with it staying beginners. Not for the sake of refusing change or anything, just for the fact that no one that animates pivot has really done anything special yet. I mean pivot is stale, people don't experiment or try new things or do anything different. In a sense the entire pivot "Community" are beginners lol.

Except for Coweetie. I need to know what you fucking take to get that experimental.

Zero
02-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Except for Coweetie. I need to know what you fucking take to get that experimental.
Went ahead and checked "Coweetie".

Just wanna say Holy Shit.

sifterpivoter
02-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Alright, Mizu. I gotta disagree with you on this point: "In a sense the entire pivot "Community" are beginners lol."
The Pivot community does have some good animators. Not entirely beginnerish. Take the veterans and elites for example. Some animations there are even better than some flash animations. Creativity-wise, though, yeah, I kinda agree with you. Pivot animators usually focus more on movements than anything else and you know better.

AS FOR THE RANKS, why not change the stickied title from "beginners post you animations here" to something like "Pivot animation discussion and chat" which will make a lot more sense. I know that that thread was meant to keep the bad animations in one place to keep the section clean, but it seemingly doesn't really work.

Setto
02-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Can someone give me a link to this amazing "Coweetie" xD?

mizu
02-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Alright, Mizu. I gotta disagree with you on this point: "In a sense the entire pivot "Community" are beginners lol."
The Pivot community does have some good animators. Not entirely beginnerish. Take the veterans and elites for example. Some animations there are even better than some flash animations. Creativity-wise, though, yeah, I kinda agree with you. Pivot animators usually focus more on movements than anything else and you know better.

AS FOR THE RANKS, why not change the stickied title from "beginners post you animations here" to something like "Pivot animation discussion and chat" which will make a lot more sense. I know that that thread was meant to keep the bad animations in one place to keep the section clean, but it seemingly doesn't really work.
Even the elites and vets are just reposting and re circle jerking the same things over and over. Nothings really changed, nothings really different. That's why I said the entire pivot community are beginners, because no one is changing the product and people are always pumping out "Muh movements". Yeah, I know pivot animators mostly focus on movements, what's you point.

ZephAxix
02-19-2015, 04:47 PM
What or who is coweetie and whats so special about it/her/him/them/etc?

Stickly
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
What or who is coweetie and whats so special about it/her/him/them/etc?

Coweetie is a dude on tdd, he makes some pretty creative stuff.

ZephAxix
02-19-2015, 06:24 PM
kk thanks.

RichardLongflop
02-20-2015, 04:14 AM
I'd say intermediates are already better than 50% of the flash community. The only thing that really makes them look better is the Vcam overuse and the use of the xiao xiao sounds pack.

sifterpivoter
02-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Actually, the v-cam overuse makes them look worse, in my opinion.

Zero
02-20-2015, 05:21 AM
I prefer the term "Misused" rather than "Overused".

Most flash animations I see now(That has V-CAM in it) are horrendous. The thing is, there's so much going on the canvas(Camera work, Effects, Movements, Choreography, etc.) that they just exert the least amount of effort to actually try learn them individually and just say "Fuck it". It's all about making it look "Cool" or "Flashy". It's saddening.

Whenever I see great Pivot animations, I always commend the animator for actually making the models move as if they were real. Sure, there may be effects but all in all, they've gotten the basics of movements. The only thing I regret Pivot/Stykz lacking is the freedom that Flash has.

RichardLongflop
02-20-2015, 06:36 AM
pls flash animators don't copy Michael bay shakycam.

Ashero
02-21-2015, 05:36 PM
I'd like this stickied.
My problem (although I'm like low beginner) is that no-one can really give good cnc or cc to people like sifter or mizu or waffles. This portal is overflowing with new animations by people who don't know how to edit threads.
Yeh?

Stickly
02-21-2015, 05:58 PM
I'd like this stickied.
My problem (although I'm like low beginner) is that no-one can really give good cnc or cc to people like sifter or mizu or waffles. This portal is overflowing with new animations by people who don't know how to edit threads.
Yeh?

I'm here to you cunt

RichardLongflop
02-21-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm here to you cunt

http://i.imgur.com/4aLOhWV.png

Wulf
02-21-2015, 10:26 PM
http://puu.sh/g7rj1/4b8632cf99.gif

:|

acutelatios
02-22-2015, 05:52 AM
I'd like this stickied.
Yeh?

Would it help if I renamed the other thread~? And if it does, any suggestions? Because really I'd like to avoid any sort of ranking type of thing even if it wasn't meant to be, an outsider could percieve it that way and such

o w o

Root
02-22-2015, 11:30 AM
The beginners thread becoming the general pivot animation/chat thread would be a great idea in my opinion.

RichardLongflop
02-22-2015, 11:34 AM
would that mean you would change the name of the beginner's flash animation thread

mizu
02-24-2015, 01:26 AM
I'd say intermediates are already better than 50% of the flash community. The only thing that really makes them look better is the Vcam overuse and the use of the xiao xiao sounds pack.
Oh wow please tell me you aren't serious.

Drone
02-24-2015, 01:31 AM

That is honestly rediculous

Hewitt
02-24-2015, 02:15 AM
This isn't closed down tho
major bump too or is it not a bump because I made the thread

You should be infracted for necrobumping is what should be happening. You being the thread owner doesn't give you the right to walk all over the rules. You only bump threads if the post is significant. You didn't even do anything by contributing in the first place. Which is beside the point...

I don't really see a point in having this thread. It would probably be better to simply change the beginners thread to the general pivot thread.

The beginners thread becoming the general pivot animation/chat thread would be a great idea in my opinion.

I am against this idea as well. What would that imply everything else be? Not General? What exactly constitutes as "Not General Pivot animation". It's not like anyone is showcasing a project. And if that were the case thats what the Projects section is for. It doesn't make sense. Beginners Thread is there for a reason; it acts as a corral for newbies who might not be making any anims yet, but are just playing around and migth want to ask if a certain set of frames are okay. It is not literally a "Beginners" thread as in Beginners as a ranking. There is no ranking.

It is the general consensus of the mods that no further Chat threads exist because that sort of segregates the community. And we get it, you might not want to travel outside this comfort zone and pop in General Discussion for the only Chat Thread in town, but that's exactly what is encouraged. Having a chat thread for pivot will accomplish nothing but keep the community in tatters.

I mean even mizu comes to the Chat Thread/General Section once in awhile.

Btw mizu you abandoned battle-con. Sorry about the hiatus lol.

Leave the foibles of the beginner Flash community out of this. They are like script kiddies who think the usage of advanced "tools" allows them to animate like a pro. Why would you even bring this up in the first place. What does implying this have anything to do with the status of this thread other than your attempt to circlejerk a plug about how cool you guys are.

sifterpivoter
02-24-2015, 04:33 AM
Well, I think that what Waffles tried to say is that movement-wise, intermediates ARE better than a number of Flash animators while the aforementioned excel at drawing and details and the layout of the animations as a whole. While we specialize in movements, they specialize in look and art style. Although, 50% is a pretty high number lol.

Also, I don't think that might be the case, Hewitt. If we turn that beginner chat into a general Pivot chat, we, Pivot animators, might find a place to discuss about Pivot while keeping the general chat thread for things outside animation. It should work well. Then again, it's up to the mods to tell whether can this be a thing or not. Or admins... Not sure who decide this sort of stuff.

RichardLongflop
02-24-2015, 07:36 AM
If you look at my sig you'll see one of the people who keep on being... themselves, and I feel the need to carry on these points because they annoy the hell out of me. I know like 80% of the people I talk to are cool with it, but that 20% riles me up.

mizu
02-24-2015, 10:41 AM
But's it not like he's wrong. Objectively pivot is a FAR inferior tool compared to flash. But who gives a fuck lol. Flash is FAR inferior to a shit ton of other animation softwares. That doesn't mean that amazing things can't be done with both but that's a matter of 1.) opinion 2.) animator. These little animation software wars are the dumbest fucking thing, animate in what you fucking want. I'm pretty sure he CAN do something in flash 20x better, but he can't, because he's not good lol.

But another thing that makes him "Technically" right is that the pivot community just isn't that advanced in terms of animation. We do simple things in a simple program, that is only recently getting quality updates and the such, hell even the creator constantly says "i'm not going to add (such and such) because I want pivot to become BEGINNER FREINDLY".

even though Bone's whole "HURR DURR MUH BEGINNERS" is kind of reach arounding itself only to nut all over itself because he's adding sooooo many things that only make it more difficult, I mean I'm not complaining I like it but like give me my fucking layers cmon.

Hewitt
02-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Also, I don't think that might be the case, Hewitt. If we turn that beginner chat into a general Pivot chat, we, Pivot animators, might find a place to discuss about Pivot while keeping the general chat thread for things outside animation. It should work well. Then again, it's up to the mods to tell whether can this be a thing or not. Or admins... Not sure who decide this sort of stuff.

If you need or want to make a Pivot-specific topic, just start a thread about it. What. It doesn't say you can only post Pivot animation threads in the Pivot section. I mean really, you can't talk about pivot things ALL the time. You can't. If a Pivot Chat thread exists you'll see...eventually the thread will turn into "off-topic" chat and then what, you'll have proven yourself wrong. RHG Clans do it all the time, SE Chat does it all the time. Honestly, if you wanna talk about Pivot stuff nobody's stopping you. Just make a thread about it. But there doesnt have to be a designated thread just for chatting.

If you look at my sig you'll see one of the people who keep on being... themselves, and I feel the need to carry on these points because they annoy the hell out of me. I know like 80% of the people I talk to are cool with it, but that 20% riles me up.

Right and the universe revolves around you and your 20% shall have none of it. That still doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Havik772
02-28-2015, 04:34 PM
move it to the debate section guys

mizu
03-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Oh gosh golly man so sorry I had no idea this was hurting your day to day life so much oh geez this must so traumatizing for you

RichardLongflop
03-01-2015, 03:43 PM
A debate in here is some life, at least. I am bettering myself from it.

Havik772
03-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Oh gosh golly man so sorry I had no idea this was hurting your day to day life so much oh geez this must so traumatizing for you

np, thx for caring
:D