PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Mages (Marrowkia and Medusa

Sevarus
07-05-2014, 10:17 AM
I would like to hear your thought on two things

1. I thouhght Medusa had 5 bars of health not 4 did I miss a patch?

2. Buffing the marrowkia as most of the classical mode replays i watch the marrokia is never used Medusa is and you have the medusa strategy.
So what i would like to see is that he gets another spell as the reaper and hell fists are good spells and don't need changing but you quickly run out of spells and he becomes useless for 20 seccounds if you thing about the magical he can use blast then poison then electric wall then poison spray then blast then poison then wall etc. and he is always busy casting away. I am not suggesting that medusa is weakened she is fine and balanced.
I would like to see the marrowkia get a third spell a 100 gold increase a pop increase and maybe an extra 5 seconds on training

3. Any ideas on a third spell!

Phaxtolgia
07-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Nope. There's no need for a third. Just think of Marrowkais and Medusas as two halves of one spellcaster.

Marrowkais are never used? O . O That's a surprise for me because whenever I go Chaos (trial,) I always get out a marrow.

Also Medusas always had 4 bars of HP. Where did you hear that?

Sevarus
07-05-2014, 10:56 AM
comeone 400 gold and mana is very expensive for HALF a spell caster and Order MAgikill has three. I can see you are new to Chaos i abandoned the game for three months and medusa had 5 bars of health and Marowkia had 4 I am not sure if it was made even to encourage marowkia use.

P.S It is more common to bring out a medusa as it has one hit KO

Does any one else have any other comment like have you ever won an battle because of a marrowkia

Sevarus
07-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Any one else have any thought who would like to see this change happen whose against it.

At the end of the day Chaos has two aggressive mages compared to order who have one healing and one aggressive so they both have different functions people who play chaos can see that 100 gold cheaper price tag for marrow is irrelevant as gold is not a problem late game people will just bring out medusa as it uses less skill And is a stronger unit and can wipe out Any unit with the click of a button and Medusa has a reputation for this is SE. If we don't change the Marrowkia becomes pointless and will never be used.
We cant make the Marrokwia a healing unit as chaos has automatic cure which we can not change as Chaos would REALLY SUCK early game. so we must have two aggressive mages. With the point alone the mages must be equal in strength or One is significantly cheaper than the other again something that exists in Order. I would recommend that SE keep the marrow (its iconic I would not like to see it replaced or thou that would ne better than the current situation) It should match medusa in Cost ie 500 gold 500 mana 5 population and 30 seconds training time and should have a third spell that is Reserchable again something that exists in Order. SE should trial this and if they find it unbalances the game I don't see why it should. then you can weaken the spells and find a balance.

The alternative.

It is weakened and made cheaper to give an actual reason to call it out rather than getting a medusa it could cost about the amount (you can put your amount if you think it is better. 300 gold 200 mana 3 pop and 20 second call out time and it could have just reaper or maybe hellfists as well but with a smaller range.

I look forward to your comments.

Dazzy
07-20-2014, 06:18 AM
...Medusa never had 5 bars of health. At least, not in the past year or so.

I look forward to your comments.

On behalf of the SE community, you should stop double/triple/quadriple/quintiple posting and suggesting ideas that you've suggested over and not listened to reason. I don't know what replays you see in 1100 but marrows are sure as hell useful. If anything, what does a medusa do? You drop a stone, a poison here, and you've got nothing for 30 seconds. Does medusa need a buff, a third skill that's E-wall?

While I don't mind the suggestion of ideas, you've posted this on every. thread. involving. chaos. balance. and given reasons as to why it won't work, but of course you have to ignore all of it and assume you're right.

Btw, for the sake of logic, marrowkai could be a "healing unit", why does automatic cure have to be removed? Not that it should be one.

EDIT: And I know you've argued about double posting in other threads. Go walk up to the SP mods and try argue that.

Sevarus
07-20-2014, 07:59 AM
This is not a hate forum could you be a bit nicer please it would be very much appreciated

Dazzy
07-21-2014, 12:11 AM
> ignore all argument
> skip to "stop hating"

Could you please address the problems proposed by the community instead of acting like we're all disagreeing with you for no reason? Thanks.

Sevarus
07-21-2014, 06:43 AM
could you focus on the discussion not my personality please

Tecness2
07-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Can the two of you stop talking to each other, just, in general. Get back on topic.

WheresMyCheetos
07-21-2014, 08:14 PM
aaah this is hilarious, Daz you sir, great entertainment :D (thats a good thing btw) lewis I dont know exactly what rating you are with chaos, but as Daz said at a lower level you players don't really appreciate marrowkais. But they are fine as they are, hellfist can destroy a whole pack of archers, and he can capture a fleeing enemy like a magikill or giant and if you had your entire army (like 10 deads and 5 juggers) they could kill that very quickly (free giant kill). The marrowkai wasn't meant to be compared with the magikill because they have diferent roles.

To add on top, the spellcasters are only as good as the player is.

BloodxHunter
07-22-2014, 05:50 AM
I don't get to fight Chaos enough, but when I do, I rarely see spellcasters.

unless you count the AI, they spam the crap out of Marrowkai.

IMO, the usefulness to Marrowkai is mostly in reaping Mages, Merics, Medusa, infernos or giants. Hellfists just seem to kinda supplement it.

_Ai_
07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
I dont get it lewis. Daz already stated his opinions and suggestions on the matter, why are you dismissing it as him being rude to you? His opinions are reasonable and i agree with him. Its about time you stop ignoring others that dont agree with you.

Sevarus
07-22-2014, 10:43 AM
I argree with every thing that is being said especially Techness can we get on topic please

WheresMyCheetos
07-22-2014, 12:14 PM
I argree with every thing that is being said especially Techness can we get on topic please

We are on topic, except you. DAZ said valid statements, which you totally ignored, telling him to stop arguing and being rude. AI is agreeing withs DAZ's statements which is on topic.

Sevarus
07-23-2014, 03:52 AM
I'm not being rude I value everything that is being said and I agree with everybody

THREAD CLOSED!!!

Ordwiz
07-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Meh, I'd like to throw in my two cents here. :D

I think Marrowkais are balanced enough.
But about the ideas of a third spell:
1) I immediately had to think about necromancers. Isn't that what Marrowkais actually are? So what about a spell that raises an ... let's say an armored skeleton warrior every time it is used for back-up, attack, defense, and so on (Those should cost population though)?!

and 2) The bloody sacrifice :eek:
Hypothetically, this spell would kill the first unit you select, no matter how much health it has. Therefore, a second unit that gets selected gains a low/big amount of health from this sacrifice. So an almost dying juggerknight could be used to refill a giant's health in the best/worst case. It kinda resembles the Water Elemental sacrifice, except that the Marrowkai would heal only one specific unit by sacrificing any other not-enemy unit.

But those are just ideas. :)

jli
07-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Those sound cool, but I'm not sure how they'd affect balance.

And DAZ lol
lol
lololol