PDA

View Full Version : BSE Version 5 Round 8: It's a Trap!!!

Camila
07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/154/2/1/bse_picture_by_camilaanims-d7ky0gj.png

What is B.S.E.?

It's a very simple yet fun idea, you will be given a sequence of moves and a ”special element” that must be performed in a combo. The combo is being performed by ONE stickfigure against another stickfigure. The special element can be anything from superpowers and special weapons, to different environments and music synchronization.

An example:

Combo: Punch, Punch, Kick, Kick, Kick."
Or "Punch, Kick, Throw.

Special element: The combo must be performed inside a wind tunnel.

The combos will become more advanced the further on down the competition. The final round will always have the longest combo of them all.

How many rounds?

There will be 10 rounds, each one will last 2-4 weeks. No rounds will be shortened or lengthened, even if everyone finishes their animations early, or most people don’t finish on time.

Length?

There will be NO minimum length. However, obviously, length may act as a catalyst for getting more points, which will be distributed for actual animating skill.

Can I miss a round?

You are allowed to miss out rounds and you are allowed to join this competition at any round you want, although this will obviously affect your overall score.

I'm finished!

At the end of the 10 rounds a winner will be chosen from the highest overall score, and an award will be given to the highest scorer of every round. The top mark for each round will be 10, your end score will obviously then be out of 100.

Let's get into the action!

----------------------------

Combo for this round!

Kick, Throw, Kick, Punch, Uppercut, Jab, Jab, Jab, Knee, Counter-Back Hand, Punch, Elbow, Elbow, Elbow, Punch, Side Kick, Side Kick, >>FINISHER <<

Counter- grab, knee, takedown, grab**counter- Eye rake, sweep, Rear Naked Choke, Dispose of the body.

What's the part red of the combo?: You'll perform your normal combo until the finisher, but if you want an addition of 1.0 points you may continue the combo adding the red combo before the finisher!. This is an optional thing, but if you want a +1.0 point for your average score of this round, you're free to take it!.

http://www.hispachan.org/di/src/140260793962.jpg

Special element: The combo must be performed in a room with spawning traps! (the room must have at least 3 traps already spawned before the combo starts

*The traps must spawn each 5 seconds

DUE DATE: August 1

Countdown!! (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140802T00&p0=232&fg1=736db7&fg2=ff6724&msg=BSE+V5+R8+Due+Time&csz=1&swk=1)

Yeah this is a hard combo and a hard element to execute!!, I wish you the best of lucks!.

Description of each hit listed on the combo

Kick- Your basic forward moving kick attack.

Throw- Grabbing and throwing the victim in such a mannor that causes their entire body to come off of the ground.

Punch- Your standard forward punching attack.

Uppercut- Your standard verticle punching attack. More effective than the normal punch.

Jab- Quick, short forward moving punches. Less effective than the normal punch.

Knee- The act of striking an opponent with the knee.

Back Hand- The opposite of a slap. The arm will be straight, fingers extended and joined. The arm moves in a swinging motion as a single unit such as the blade of a sword, striking the victim with the back portion of the hand rather than the palm.

Elbow- The act of attacking the victim with the elbow portion of the arm.

Side Kick- A powerful kick. During execution, the entire body turns towards the opponent with the swinging leg, thus giving it more momentum and power.

Grab- The act of grabbing an opponent in an way using the hands.

Takedown- The act of forcing the opponent to the ground by any means necessary. Examples would include a body slam, tripping the opponent by using their body weight against them by knocking them off balance, a heavy push, etc.

Eye Rake- The act of gouging out ones eyes with the fingers. The objective is to scratch the eye causing it to bleed, effectively blinding the target.

Sweep- A leg to leg attack. The leg should be full extended and move as a unit such as a sweeping a broom. The leg will come into contact with the victims leg, pushing it in such a mannor that would knock them off balance thus knocking them to the ground.

Rear Naked Choke- A blood choke, used to execute an opponent. To perform a rear naked choke, approach the enemy from behind, wrapping the dominant arm around their throat in such a manner that you grab your opposite arm bicep. With your free arm, place your palm on the back of the opponenets head, pulling backwards as you constrict your choking arm around the neck. Check Reference >>......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppnEfRoFIM

Dispose of the Body- After the rear naked choke has been successfully performed, the attacker will use any of the active traps remaining in the room to dispose of the corpse. Examples would include throwing the body into a grinder, saw blade, or land mine. Be creative.

Q & A!!

2 question:
1. I assume that the sticks can trigger the traps between each hit from the combo whenever they want?
2. if one wants to perform the 1.0 (extended) combo then the combo would look like this right?:
Kick, Throw, Kick, Punch, Uppercut, Jab, Jab, Jab, Knee, Counter-Back Hand, Punch, Elbow, Elbow, Elbow, Punch, Side Kick, Side Kick, Counter-grab, knee, takedown, grab**counter- Eye rake, sweep, Rear Naked Choke, Dispose of the body.>>FINISHER <<

1- Yeah they can trigger them as long as 1 trap appears somwhere each 5 seconds (whether or bot gets triggered) is ok.

2- count the "body disposal" as a finisher, if you want to do the extra combo do as you listed but don't count the finisher you added at the ending, if not just animate the combo normally till the finisher.

~Camila

Does it have to be exactly every 5 seconds? Because that means there'll be a lot of traps inside the arena. welp

If you start the animation off with a spiked pit trap, a saw blade trap, and a shooting arrow trap, all active, then every five seconds a new trap would be introduced on top of the three active ones that you have.

Here, just for you and anyone else so there is no confusion: http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2082/

~Arch-Angel

Could a trap disappear? For example I'm gonna use a laser beam as a trap, It would look like one if I made it stay there, It would like it hangs.
When you think on a trap, spikes and lasers come to your head, but as long as it hurts a stickman it can be considered a trap, and of course if it's a laser or a bomb, it can dissapear after it's activated.

~Camila

Do the traps necessarily have to hurt the sticks or can they be beneficial too? Say a trap spring bounces one enemy into another allowing them to land a hit.
Is ok then pyro!, as long as the trap can intervene with the combo in some way, go for it.

~Camila

so the extra moves can be place anywhere or like organics in the combo Like

Kick, Throw, Counter- grab, Kick, Punch, Knee, Uppercut, Jab,...........
No. The optional part at the end to get a bonus score is an extended version of the original combo. You cannot alter the order.

~Arch-Angel

Do the 3 traps need to be visible from the start of the animation?

Like if I have mines do I need to actually show that the mine is there or can I just show an explosion?
Since is a requirement I'd recommend you to make them visibles, and if they're mines, just draw a grey dot or something on the floor.

~Camila

if we want to fade the screen out slowly or something, after the finisher, do we still need to spawn traps?

I would say no, because there is no longer any reason for them.

~Arch-Angel

is it a problem when the traps spawn faster then 5 seconds but still never more then 5 seconds

Traps can spawn faster than five seconds, but no later than.

~Arch-Angel

Just realized Pox's question is similar like Pyro's on the frontpage (missed her "intervene" word). Well, for the sake of making it clearer,

Do the characters have to be affected by the spawning traps?

The characters should interact with the traps. The reason it isn't in the combo is to allow more flexibility for you all to be creative.

~Arch-Angel

Entries!

Entries
Judge 1
Judge 2
Judge 3
Final Score

FL-Nordin (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2194/)
9.3 + 1.0 = 10.0

SJT15 (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2204/)
7.4 + 1.0 = 8.4

PivotBlimp (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2214/)
7.3 + 1.0 = 8.3

Chewy (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2218/)

_SAVY_ (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2219/)
5.9 + 1.0 = 6.9

pyrosamurai (http://pyrovonne.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-8-472490836?ga_submit_new=10%253A1406950384&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1)
5.7 + 1.0 = 6.7

Congratulations FL-Nordin for winning this round! and for having 0.3 of un-used score o_o . Also congratulations to SJT15 for winning the second place!!! (and hurray for pivotblimp, you were 0.1 points away <3)

CnC from Judge 2

FL-Nordin - The room and traps were extremely well animated. So was the excecution of the combo. At first I really didnt like how far zoomed out the cam was, but as the animation went on I kinda understood why. I still would have wanted it a bit more zoomed in though to make it easier to know what to focus on. Overall it was great!

SJT15 - Really nicely animated room. I like how those spikes were constantly apeparing and dissapearing as the combo went on. The excecition was great. I like those "Kixx-style" trails. Other then that though, there wasnt really anything that caught my attention that much. And the finisher was a bit sudden and not as epic as I'd want it to be.

PivotBlimp - Even if the sticks were not perfect and the room was simple, the force in the attacks and the creative combos caught my attention. The finisher was very sudden and simple though.

Chewy - Excecution was smooth, but very simple. Almost no interaction with the traps at all, and no sound effects for the traps either.

_SAVY_ - Not that many traps that I could notice. The excecution was good but nothing that caught my attention. Poor color choises for the backround as it's really hard to see Quickfeet.

Pyrosamurai - The animation was pretty good, although it was hard to follow. It really would have been better with sound effects. And the change of scene made it feel like it was animated by 2 diffrent people. It was rather confusing and looked rushed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Click her (http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/bXW2BBt.png)e to see the overall scores and additional info! (http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/bXW2BBt.png)

Thanks to Mustika~

Now go and praise her you ungreatful people.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2014, 08:23 PM
I went ahead and changed the colors in the combo to help show everyone when the victim/attacker switch rolls. Where the colors change shades, that will indicate a switch, or counter. There is nothing new about this mechanic with the animation. Once you reach the gray strip where the word "counter" starts, that will represent when the attacker becomes the victim, and the victim becomes the attacker.

PivotBlimp
07-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeesss I've been waiting for a long combo. This gon be a good one too.

Edit* Question, can the traps spawn faster than 5 seconds apart or does it absolutely have to be 5 seconds?

Tsang
07-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Hey there! Please excuse my general absence in the last couple of BSE rounds or so. I've just had a lot on my plate and couldn't really do much for any of those rounds. However, I'm currently collecting the data of scores from all the rounds that we had so far to make an updated overall scores sheet that shows where everyone stands in BSE right now! (from first to last place based on the total amount of scores each person has)

It takes time, but it's about halfway done and it should be ready tomorrow afternoon, so keep a look out for it! Thanks! :D

FL-Nordin
07-06-2014, 09:40 PM
gesus, that combo is brutal, this isn not gonna look pretty
2 question:
1. I assume that the sticks can trigger the traps between each hit from the combo whenever they want?
2. if one wants to perform the 1.0 (extended) combo then the combo would look like this right?:
Kick, Throw, Kick, Punch, Uppercut, Jab, Jab, Jab, Knee, Counter-Back Hand, Punch, Elbow, Elbow, Elbow, Punch, Side Kick, Side Kick, Counter-grab, knee, takedown, grab**counter- Eye rake, sweep, Rear Naked Choke, Dispose of the body.>>FINISHER <<

Edit: Tsang, you mean this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzyvwvdh68juugp/BSE%20V5%20Leaderboards.xlsx

Camila
07-06-2014, 09:49 PM
gesus, that combo is brutal, this isn not gonna look pretty
2 question:

1- Yeah they can trigger them as long as 1 trap appears somwhere each 5 seconds (whether or bot gets triggered) is ok.

2- count the "body disposal" as a finisher, if you want to do the extra combo do as you listed but don't count the finisher you added at the ending, if not just animate the combo normally till the finisher.

Mustika
07-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Hey there! Please excuse my general absence in the last couple of BSE rounds or so. I've just had a lot on my plate and couldn't really do much for any of those rounds. However, I'm currently collecting the data of scores from all the rounds that we had so far to make an updated overall scores sheet that shows where everyone stands in BSE right now! (from first to last place based on the total amount of scores each person has)

It takes time, but it's about halfway done and it should be ready tomorrow afternoon, so keep a look out for it! Thanks! :D
Then...what about the excel sheet I already worked on? :'v
Supposed I could still do mine, then I've re-updated the scores to change pyrosamurai's round score due to his judging justification on previous round (thanks Kursura for telling me first). Thus, making him into 4th now while _SAVY_ is on 5th. The competition for the 3rd battle is on between them and PivotBlimp, while the 1st battle is on between FL-Nordin and SJT15. Oooh, the tense~

Edit: Tsang, you mean this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzyvwvdh68...derboards.xlsx
Exactly what I was thinking. But still, I'd love to see yours, Tsang.

Man, I see this round is getting bit harder now. Yet, I'd love to see how the results will be for this round's challenge. Good luck, all. :)

Shadowkirby
07-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Oooo~ Rear Naked Choke? Looks like somebody's been watching UFC recently.~

I might do this just to rid the rust off of me.

Tsang
07-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Then...what about the excel sheet I already worked on? :'v

Haha, I actually didn't see that. Seems like I'm a lot more behind than I thought. o:

Also, that's a great list, Mustika! You did a good job! I could go ahead, refurbish it in Flash, and make it presentable on the front page in a spoiler if you'd like, though.

Arch-Angel
07-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Oooo~ Rear Naked Choke? Looks like somebody's been watching UFC recently.~

I might do this just to rid the rust off of me.

Or practicing combatives :P

Camila
07-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Haha, I actually didn't see that. Seems like I'm a lot more behind than I thought. o:

Also, that's a great list, Mustika! You did a good job! I could go ahead, refurbish it in Flash, and make it presentable on the front page in a spoiler if you'd like, though.

I think is really presentable. I'll just take a screenie and add it to the frontpage

Pickup
07-07-2014, 01:04 AM
I might join to take out my procastation.
x)

SJT15
07-07-2014, 03:16 AM
Insanely long combo to do within 3 weeks.
Might need take a few days off to finish other things first before cracking onto this.
*Want to do the whole combo.

_SAVY_
07-07-2014, 05:45 AM
holy fuck... -.- men idk if i should do this round... i cant catch up anyway cuz i know my opponents allready

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 07:34 AM
holy fuck... -.- men idk if i should do this round... i cant catch up anyway cuz i know my opponents allready

The main reason behind Bse is to practice in order to get better at animating. The reason the combo is so long this round is because a lot of the lower scoring participants struggle at making solid movements. The point is to take away from all the extra angles and special effects and to focus more on animating combos.

Red Death
07-07-2014, 08:00 AM
I love brutal. I'm going to have fun with this round :D

FL-Nordin
07-07-2014, 08:33 AM
The main reason behind Bse is to practice in order to get better at animating. The reason the combo is so long this round is because a lot of the lower scoring participants struggle at making solid movements. The point is to take away from all the extra angles and special effects and to focus more on animating combos.

i was just about to say something about that, the element really limits the animator in doing 2d rather then angled, because of the traps spawing every 5 second, it would look silly if i cut to a spawnig trap rapidly and continue the combo, also it will most likely be a short animation for most animators, else stuff would get insane with a animation longer than 1 minute and the room is crowded with traps. (1 minute = 12 traps Spawnig = in total 15 traps) unless one chooses for a ultra long intro and outro.
hmmmm, this one really lets my brain crack to come up with clever ideas

Camila
07-07-2014, 09:16 AM
i was just about to say something about that, the element really limits the animator in doing 2d rather then angled, because of the traps spawing every 5 second, it would look silly if i cut to a spawnig trap rapidly and continue the combo, also it will most likely be a short animation for most animators, else stuff would get insane with a animation longer than 1 minute and the room is crowded with traps. (1 minute = 12 traps Spawnig = in total 15 traps) unless one chooses for a ultra long intro and outro.
hmmmm, this one really lets my brain crack to come up with clever ideas

E.x.a.c.t.l.y

I hope you guys can figure something out!, this IS a hard combo, and I want to see some 2D skills along with creativity during the combo.

Reconcile
07-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Does it have to be exactly every 5 seconds? Because that means there'll be a lot of traps inside the arena. welp

Just asking tho. Seems fun and hardactually tbh

Red Death
07-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Wait if I spawn the first 3 traps before the combo, do they each have to be 5 seconds?

_SAVY_
07-07-2014, 10:06 AM

thats true.. allright no shitty 3d for me this time lol

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Wait if I spawn the first 3 traps before the combo, do they each have to be 5 seconds?

If you start the animation off with a spiked pit trap, a saw blade trap, and a shooting arrow trap, all active, then every five seconds a new trap would be introduced on top of the three active ones that you have.

Here, just for you and anyone else so there is no confusion: http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2082/

Reconcile
07-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Mustika
07-07-2014, 12:39 PM

I think is really presentable. I'll just take a screenie and add it to the frontpage
It's OK, Tsang. I got this: http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/bXW2BBt.png (idea goes to Camila :3). There, now you all can see the tables on your phone (because I personally couldn't see the sheet on mine either ^^a). I'll update it again once the new scores come.
Except if you'd still like to refurbish it in Flash, then go ahead.

Also Camila/Tsang, don't you want to re-add the Q & A section again to the front page, like the first two rounds?

Q & A!!

2 question:

~Camila

~Arch-Angel

Plus, this might fit for the round goal (and bit BSE purpose in general):

FL-Nordin
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
my entry for round 8 http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2082/

lol, its not finished
1,5 cnc: there where no sticks and the traps where repetetive, try mixing it up next time

(jk, this preview should clear thing up for those who had a hard time imagining)

arch-angel never said that, it was a joke

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
lol, its not finished
1,5 cnc: there where no sticks and the traps where repetetive, try mixing it up next time

(jk, this preview should clear thing up for those who had a hard time imagining)

arch-angel never said that, it was a joke

You forgot to backtrace it.

Camila
07-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Mustika I love you

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I honestly believe if Foscex made an entry for the past three rounds he would be winning right now.

FL-Nordin
07-07-2014, 05:16 PM
I honestly believe if Foscex made an entry for the past three rounds he would be winning right now.
last 2 you mean, and no he wouldnt, you can check for yourself, he's 22 points behind
I doubt that he would score 2 perfect 10's in a row, and if he did he would still be 2 points behind me

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 05:32 PM
last 2 you mean, and no he wouldnt, you can check for yourself, he's 22 points behind
I doubt that he would score 2 perfect 10's in a row, and if he did he would still be 2 points behind me

If he had two perfect tens in a row and anything higher than an 8 last round, he would be beating you. When I looked at it on my phone I didn't see the 3.7 he got on round three. That's depressing, but it would still be possible.

The only reason I bring it up is because when I judged the first round and saw the second round, I was positive this BSE was going to be between you two.

Camila
07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Arch-angel x Foscex fanfic.

I wish I knew how to write stories like these.

Added Q&A section! thanks mustika! <3

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Arch-angel x Foscex fanfic.

I wish I knew how to write stories like these.

Added Q&A section! thanks mustika! <3

Camila Cove, A Pirate's Tale of Booty.
I'm still waiting for this one (or whatever Hewitt named the batcave lol).

Frost10114
07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Could a trap disappear? For example I'm gonna use a laser beam as a trap, It would look like one if I made it stay there, It would like it hangs.

Arch-Angel
07-07-2014, 07:08 PM

I don't see why not, you might want to wait for Camila's answer to be certain, but I would say that if a bomb spawns, it's going to disappear if it explodes.

Camila
07-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Arch angel is right, when you think on a trap, spikes and lasers come to your head, but as long as it hurts a stickman it can be considered a trap, and of course if it's a laser or a bomb, it can dissapear after it's activated.

Red Death
07-07-2014, 11:27 PM

Okay thanks.

pyrosamurai
07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Do the traps necessarily have to hurt the sticks or can they be beneficial too?

Camila
07-09-2014, 11:57 PM
can they be beneficial too?

Can you write an example?

pyrosamurai
07-10-2014, 12:43 AM
Can you write an example?

Say a trap spring bounces one enemy into another allowing them to land a hit.

Arch-Angel
07-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Say a trap spring bounces one enemy into another allowing them to land a hit.

I don't see why this wouldn't be okay

Camila
07-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Is ok then pyro!, as long as the trap can intervene with the combo in some way, so for it.

Op34
07-10-2014, 01:33 PM
I can't Help It :3
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/6a/6acaef990a7c1a74c14a21bb605909a2639ee19a32a5e2c281 5c39ad974de129.jpg

hmm this is interesting but hard IDK :3 so tempting

Arch-Angel
07-10-2014, 01:45 PM
No. The optional part at the end to get a bonus score is an extended version of the original combo. You cannot alter the order.

Op34
07-10-2014, 01:48 PM

oh ok then :)

Pox
07-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Like if I have mines do I need to actually show that the mine is there or can I just show an explosion?

Camila
07-10-2014, 09:36 PM

Since is a requirement I'd recommend you to make them visibles, and if they're mines, just draw a grey dot or something on the floor.

Mustika
07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Guess it's time to update the Q&A again :3
Just want to remind you guys to read the front page as well =D this post is the continuation of existing Q&A section from there, and I might not be going to add similar question with the existing ones in the future.

When you think on a trap, spikes and lasers come to your head, but as long as it hurts a stickman it can be considered a trap, and of course if it's a laser or a bomb, it can dissapear after it's activated.

~Camila

Do the traps necessarily have to hurt the sticks or can they be beneficial too? Say a trap spring bounces one enemy into another allowing them to land a hit.
Is ok then pyro!, as long as the trap can intervene with the combo in some way, go for it.

~Camila

~Arch-Angel

~Camila

Camila
07-10-2014, 10:38 PM
STOP BEING SO HELPFUL!

jk never stop I love it.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Sasuke27096
07-11-2014, 12:45 AM
So i havnt checked all pages on this thing so i might be asking a question thats already asked but is it the seconds like the one that flash shows you at the top next to the framerate? (5 Seconds will be 120 Frames lol)
Edit:Im using 24FPS
Edit2: Is it 5 Seconds(120 Frames) or 0.5 xD
Edit3: So much edits, If it is 0.5 seconds im gonna have to restart the whole thing D:

FL-Nordin
07-11-2014, 05:38 AM
So i havnt checked all pages on this thing so i might be asking a question thats already asked but is it the seconds like the one that flash shows you at the top next to the framerate? (5 Seconds will be 120 Frames lol)
Edit:Im using 24FPS
Edit2: Is it 5 Seconds(120 Frames) or 0.5 xD
Edit3: So much edits, If it is 0.5 seconds im gonna have to restart the whole thing D:

you didnt have to check aaaaaaalll the 5 pages,
its on the frontpage

*The traps must spawn each 5 seconds

Arch-Angel
07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
.5 is half a second...

Mustika
07-11-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm sure it will be hard to imagine on how many traps you'll need to make while executing combos...except when it's going to be super fast-paced where even judges can't see them.
Like Nordin said, 5 seconds is on the rules, my good sir.

STOP BEING SO HELPFUL!

jk never stop I love it.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
You know, I could just stop whenever I want, too. Just wait for my busy time and I might leave by my own >w>

Lol, of course I'm just kidding XD The BSE is going to its end and I want to see how the result will be, so I was like, "why not just finish this with a happy ending instead?"

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

FL-Nordin
07-11-2014, 10:18 AM
oe oe, another question,
if we want to fade the screen out slowly or something, after the finisher, do we still need to spawn traps?

Arch-Angel
07-11-2014, 04:43 PM
oe oe, another question,

Pox
07-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Anothu!

Sasuke27096
07-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Lol it is 5 seconds as in 120 frames im afraid i wont have a single trap spawning xD

_SAVY_
07-13-2014, 09:39 AM
is it a problem when the traps spawn faster then 5 seconds but still never more then 5 seconds

Camila
07-13-2014, 10:24 AM

Of course! Go ahead :3.

_SAVY_
07-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Of course! Go ahead :3.

lol wait so its not a problem? we are allowed to do dat .o.? cuz uhm i asked if iz a problem and u anwsered to me with of course so idk dfsjkbfgjbajuebiorgbuabrubgjfbjfbnwjfnsjknbgijkaki ujhnuihnuifhnrequhnuiqevhnujswwghwih

PivotBlimp
07-13-2014, 12:49 PM
lol wait so its not a problem? we are allowed to do dat .o.? cuz uhm i asked if iz a problem and u anwsered to me with of course so idk dfsjkbfgjbajuebiorgbuabrubgjfbjfbnwjfnsjknbgijkaki ujhnuihnuifhnrequhnuiqevhnujswwghwih
This exact question was in my first post and nobody answered >_>

_SAVY_
07-13-2014, 01:55 PM
This exact question was in my first post and nobody answered >_>

lol i think she meant its okay we can do dat lol .. i hope she wasnt sarcastic there x3

Mustika
07-14-2014, 04:10 AM
But still, I think you should stick with that approximately 5 secs traps spawning. Just in case if the judging is stricting themselves onto it, but dunno <_<

Also just saw this,

Anothu!

I don't see any "trap hits" on the combo-list, so I think they should not be affected by those traps.

Are these answers right, Camila? I'm not sure on whether imperfectly done requirements will affect the final scoring much or not :|

FL-Nordin
07-14-2014, 05:15 AM
I don't see any "trap hits" on the combo-list, so I think they should not be affected by those traps.

Are these answers right, Camila? I'm not sure on whether imperfectly done requirements will affect the final scoring much or not :|

Even tho trap hits are not on the list, lets just say... it would be a really poor choice of the animator to not have any kind of interaction with them, im not saying EVERY trap but, you know...

Arch-Angel
07-14-2014, 07:47 AM
The characters should interact with the traps. The reason it isn't in the combo is to allow more flexibility for you all to be creative.

Mustika
07-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Alright then, now it's all clear. ^^ b Thank you Arch-Angel and Nordin.

Q&A section update (least those questions are worth enlightment to me too):

~Arch-Angel

~Arch-Angel

Just realized Pox's question is similar like Pyro's on the frontpage (missed her "intervene" word). Well, for the sake of making it clearer,

~Arch-Angel

Stickmanias
07-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Eye Rake- The act of gouging out ones eyeswith the fingers. The objective is to scratch the eye causing it to bleed, effectively blinding the target.

so.. fingers only? we must not use weapon to stratch the eye?

Externus
07-16-2014, 03:53 AM
I feel like this was just an excuse to use a meme.

Camila
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM
I swear I didn't kniw about the existance of the meme until now. I was just thinking of a funny name for the round lol.

Also yes please.... use the fingers.

FL-Nordin
07-16-2014, 11:55 AM
meme? oooow he's from lord of the rings right?
trolololol, but seriously i never saw those movies

acb
07-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Yea maen he's the one that keeps the ring all to himself the cheeky tosser

Chewy
07-20-2014, 11:48 AM
This is quite a tough round I have to admit haha. I literally spent like 6 days setting up the whole background with traps and all that junk, now I finally got around to animating the actual combo.

Camila
07-20-2014, 01:44 PM
It gets harder as the rounds keep comming. How is everyone else doing?.

_SAVY_
07-20-2014, 02:07 PM
It gets harder as the rounds keep comming. How is everyone else doing?.

http://www.filz.us/files/dc9ad8fc/e98/Aufzeichnen.png

im done with the 3 jabs

hm lets see if i can sync the 3 elbows with the song lol

FL-Nordin
07-20-2014, 03:16 PM
i only have to animate the sweep and then blood choke and then body disposal
and 3 more traps

Camila
07-20-2014, 04:30 PM
ohohhoo I can't wait to see what comes up from this. And hopefully see who's brave enough to make the full combo.

Pox
07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Those three elbows are hard to execute in angle form! Almost done though :o

Mustika
07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Yay, the thread activity is regained again ^^ The heat has been raised on this deary competition, which might be the right time for putting another deadline countdown to fire your spirit moar!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140802T00&p0=232&fg1=736db7&fg2=ff6724&msg=BSE+V5+R8+Due+Time&csz=1&swk=1

yeah it's still 12 more days, but I'll be on vacation on the next days which means away from home internet for about a week or two. There might be still possibilities I can check your entries to be updated after I've arrived there, so I can still keep an eye on this thread yet won't be that active as before.

Looking forward to those amazing entries, folks! Good luck. http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/135/8/2/dee_by_camilaanims-d7ij08l.png

FL-Nordin
07-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Those three elbows are hard to execute in angle form! Almost done though :o

angle form? I hope you know what you are doing.
because,
I hope you guys can figure something out!, this IS a hard combo, and I want to see some 2D skills along with creativity during the combo.

PivotBlimp
07-20-2014, 10:01 PM
I forgot about spawning the traps for 10 seconds... Back to the first combo string I go ;_;

Camila
07-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I forgot about spawning the traps for 10 seconds... Back to the first combo string I go ;_;

How could you forget about the special element...

PivotBlimp
07-20-2014, 11:07 PM
How could you forget about the special element...

Oh woops, looks like I forgot to set my fps from 12 back to 24, doubling the time between the trap I had from 5 to 10 seconds :confused:
I was pretty close to deleting half my anim, so thanks for questioning my stupidity lol

_SAVY_
07-21-2014, 04:29 PM
anothaaa great day :D i managed to sync the song with the elbows :3 ... soooo i wonder how many entries there will be in total for this round lol

Foscex
07-24-2014, 12:22 PM
i hope next round wont have a 'background related' element
i really want to practice my angels on a full fight with 2 stickmen with different powers

just a suggestion tho, do whatever you want

Camila
07-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Don't worry. I'll give you guys a gift in the last round ♥

FL-Nordin
07-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Don't worry. I'll give you guys a gift in the last round ♥

last round, free for all, best gift, 10/10
EDIT: whoops i meant everything allowed, instead of FFA

JanRavnik
07-24-2014, 02:50 PM
last round, free for all, best gift, 10/10
EDIT: whoops i meant everything allowed, instead of FFA

Last round, kill eachother. LOL

Chewy
07-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Or we just combine all of the special elements from the previous rounds together for the last round. HELL YESSSSS.

Turquoise#2
07-26-2014, 06:45 AM
HELL NO. THIS IS HARD ENOUGH ON ITS OWN.

FL-Nordin
07-26-2014, 07:01 AM
question just to be sure, I have drawn admiral ackbar in my animation (kinda copied from a black and white photo but my version is in color) he shows up for 1 second, is that allowed? (since this is a competition)

SJT15
07-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Red combo is tearing me apart right now.

Drone
07-26-2014, 04:57 PM
question just to be sure, I have drawn admiral ackbar in my animation (kinda copied from a black and white photo but my version is in color) he shows up for 1 second, is that allowed? (since this is a competition)

Ok now seriously guy, this and that are not the same thing and the fact that you would even ask this tells me that you still don't completely understand what you did and why people are upset at you for it

FL-Nordin
07-26-2014, 06:16 PM
EDIT: Tsang, Camila, Mustika, im done with my entry!!!

> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2194/ <

Tsang
07-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Hey, nice work FL-Nordin! Added your part to the submissions list.

Camila
07-28-2014, 02:55 AM
Hey, nice work FL-Nordin! Added your part to the submissions list.

You what?, oh I was going to do it.... thanks tho. Thought you were deadly busy x.x

Arch-Angel
07-31-2014, 06:43 AM
EDIT: Tsang, Camila, Mustika, im done with my entry!!!

> http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2194/ <

Not sure if I commented on this on Dojo, but God damn Nordin. This is excellent.

FL-Nordin
07-31-2014, 07:06 AM
Not sure if I commented on this on Dojo, but God damn Nordin. This is excellent.

This was a round where I had the most free time, i guess C:

Mustika
07-31-2014, 07:18 AM
Awkwardly, reading Arch's comment makes me want to watch Nordin's entry now, if only this place didn't lack of fast internet connection I'm getting at the very moment u_u I'll be getting a fast internet connection back on the late tomorrow, then I'm going to watch it for sure...

...as well as others' entries! C'mon folks, not meaning to push you all to the max but you guys only have 1 day and 15 hours left (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140802T00&p0=232&fg1=736db7&fg2=ff6724&msg=BSE+V5+R8+Due+Time&csz=1&swk=1) to submit yours. Best of luck! :D

Kursura
07-31-2014, 07:25 AM
SJT15's finished, though he's only posted it on dojo atm, not here.

FL-Nordin
07-31-2014, 07:55 AM
SJT15's finished, though he's only posted it on dojo atm, not here.
same goes for PivotBlimp

SJT15
07-31-2014, 10:41 AM
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2204/

Was still updating my part.

But it is done now.

PivotBlimp
07-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Im done too| http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2214/

Camila
07-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Mann... those entries are amazing guys. I do hope we can see more entries finished by the end of the due date.

Chewy
07-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Mine will be finished tomorrow, just letting ya'll know.

Tsang
07-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Alrighty. Just put SJT15 and PivotBlimp's entries on the front page. They're looking pretty sweet! Can't wait for yours, Chewy.

Chewy
08-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm finished! (thank god) http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2218/

I've been working on it aaallllll daayyyy.

There isn't that much interaction with the traps but I started animating this round way too late so I had to rush it in the end, I'm still surprised I even finished it in time.

_SAVY_
08-01-2014, 08:37 PM
im done: http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2219/

2h 22min left now

pyrosamurai
08-01-2014, 10:26 PM
http://pyrovonne.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-8-472490836?ga_submit_new=10%253A1406950384&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

Probably the last entry :D

Mustika
08-02-2014, 02:26 AM
With Pyro's submitted entry, this BSE round is officially over! (actually it was 3 hours ago but I was at some place when the due ends ^^").
Still, the entries are amazed me so much. Now we wait for the judges' decision. Hoping for the best to you all. =D

Tsang/Camila, might as well update the frontpage with Chewy's (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2218/), _SAVY (http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/2219/)_'s, and pyrosamurai's (http://pyrovonne.deviantart.com/art/BSE-V5-Round-8-472490836?ga_submit_new=10%253A1406950384&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1) entry.

Camila
08-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks Mustika!, and thanks to the people who participated, even tho they're few all of them are fantastic and it makes me quite happy that some of you decided to take the challange and do the whole combo <3. I'll talk to the judges as well, please be patient.

Kursura
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Impressive to see that all of the top five are still submitting. Serious competition for the top places.

SJT15
08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
No more additional combos or elements *I don't have time for that.

*Phew.

Camila
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Man these entries were better than expected, seriously. Scores updated!! you'll notice that the bonus point was also added (only chewy didn't make the full combo >:c ).

Mustika
08-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate to see Chewy was the only one who didn't get the +1.0 addition :c well, least we can only look upon the good side, and hope the updated overalls here will cheer him up:
http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/F4umlYU.png <- This is the updated version of the overall scores. For Camila/Tsang, please change the previous link, thank you.

^That's right! Chewy has gotten several step ups from his 9th place to stay on 6th place now, who is currently draw with Foscex! Congrats, Chew.
Also congrats to FL-Nordin to get the perfect score (+0.3 addition from the judges, the hell o_o), SJT15 for the second place, and PivotBlimp for the third place as well. For both _SAVY_ and pyrosamurai, I'm still wanting to congratulate y'all for managing your efforts until the combo addition (which was still worth +1.0 *claps*).

For those who is still interested for the Dropbox version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h14y5h471svkkuh/BSE%20V5%20Leaderboards.xlsx <- I decided to change the link because my mobile's Dropbox is unavailable atm so I had to make a new account for uploading this updated Excel file :9 Save this one if you guys want, hope I'm staying with this until the end of this BSE.
Almost forgot, I'm also adding several highlights on certain Excel cells to mark on what's improved and what's not for "Random Statistics", as well as giving blue ones to the "main leaderboards" for marking the even scores there. Just want to spice it a little bit XD

Aaand for those who is still looking around here, no need to wait longer for the next round because it's already up! (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?86699-BSE-Version-5-Round-9-Melodic-Melee-Execution-Classic) I'll see you there, fellas~. *teleports to the next thread*

Hewitt
08-07-2014, 02:25 AM
hey camila is there a reason why the "posting rules" was taken down for thsi round?

i reinstated them in round 9

Camila
08-07-2014, 02:53 AM
Oh, no reason at all, I kind of made the html code for the frontpage again, I guess I kinda missed it.

Turquoise#2
08-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Holy shit
FL got a perfect score
oh my god

FL-Nordin
08-07-2014, 07:33 AM
ooooww, shit a 10 (ace'd) but is the 0.3 going to be added in the next round for me?
or am i being greedy now?

EDIT: also no C&C this time?

Chewy
08-07-2014, 07:34 AM
I never noticed I was the only one who didn't do the full combo haha, oh well. Still happy with my score.

Camila
08-07-2014, 02:15 PM
ooooww, shit a 10 (ace'd) but is the 0.3 going to be added in the next round for me?
or am i being greedy now?

EDIT: also no C&C this time?

Sorry darling, I'm done typing CnC for the BSE. But luckly judge 2 decided to give ya'll CnC.

FL-Nordin - 8.5 The room and traps were extremely well animated. So was the excecution of the combo. At first I really didnt like how far zoomed out the cam was, but as the animation went on I kinda understood why. I still would have wanted it a bit more zoomed in though to make it easier to know what to focus on. Overall it was great!

SJT15 - 7.5 Really nicely animated room. I like how those spikes were constantly apeparing and dissapearing as the combo went on. The excecition was great. I like those "Kixx-style" trails. Other then that though, there wasnt really anything that caught my attention that much. And the finisher was a bit sudden and not as epic as I'd want it to be.

PivotBlimp - 7 - Even if the sticks were not perfect and the room was simple, the force in the attacks and the creative combos caught my attention. The finisher was very sudden and simple though.

Chewy - 6 Excecution was smooth, but very simple. Almost no interaction with the traps at all, and no sound effects for the traps either.

_SAVY_ - 6 Not that many traps that I could notice. The excecution was good but nothing that caught my attention. Poor color choises for the backround as it's really hard to see Quickfeet.

Pyrosamurai - 5.5 The animation was pretty good, although it was hard to follow. It really would have been better with sound effects. And the change of scene made it feel like it was animated by 2 diffrent people. It was rather confusing and looked rushed.