PDA

View Full Version : Risk of Rain Tribute

stone
07-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Risk of Rain Tribute by FL-Nordin
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/riskofraintribute.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/riskofraintribute.shtml)
http://www.stickpage.com/riskofraintribute.shtml

Watch this stunning cinematic! A tribute to 'Risk of Rain' and a Game Tribute Legion 2 Prize winner!

Spectre
07-23-2014, 04:38 PM
HOly- I can't- this definitely deserved first place. The menu was just astounding. The way that it moved with the mouse, incredible. The length was also amazingly impressive. I liked the part with the two guys that looked just like the stickpage intro. Overall, it was awesome. Good job Fl- Nordin

stone
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Yeah I was greatly impressed with this. Well done FL-Nordin. I went ahead and emailed their game dev team to see what they thought of your anim.
I'll post the response here:P

FL-Nordin
07-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah I was greatly impressed with this. Well done FL-Nordin. I went ahead and emailed their game dev team to see what they thought of your anim.

:O thanks stone i cant wait <3

Barthimo1
07-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Oh my goodness. This is AWESOME. And those references to the Stickpage intro and Attack on Titan were very nice! You did a very good job here, FL-Nordin!

stone
07-23-2014, 04:52 PM

EDIT: they replied really fast.

http://i.imgur.com/emFz1hk.pngp

I also linked them to this thread just in case they wanted to leave a comment.

Resh
07-23-2014, 04:53 PM
> 8 [__________________________]

^
|

my jaw

Foscex
07-23-2014, 05:38 PM
dude
wow
i dont even know you could do that stuff in flash
really good job man!
i mean it
so much epicness
you deserve a medal or something!
good job

FL-Nordin
07-23-2014, 05:44 PM

EDIT: they replied really fast.

http://i.imgur.com/emFz1hk.pngp

I also linked them to this thread just in case they wanted to leave a comment.

hahahahaha, nice, and they indeed replied very, very fast, its almost like they didnt watch it, but i know they did becasue the animation is 5 minutes
I like it, thanks for showing this to them stone

Loopy
07-23-2014, 05:45 PM
DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYM was not expecting that to be so good

loved that angle with the spinning light saber guy

HyMaster
07-23-2014, 05:55 PM
This animation is awesome! I love the menu and the intro!
Great job doing this Fl-Nordin!

quinsilva
07-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Hoooooooooollllly... Wow amazing job man, Im speechless...

renZen
07-23-2014, 08:17 PM
that was totally intense bro ! really loved it man :D

Andrewgho
07-23-2014, 11:47 PM
That menu such wow

Pickup
07-24-2014, 02:32 AM
That menu such wow

Lol only menu? xD

That was pretty awesome.. It's the type of the animation i loved. And yeah that copy of the AoT was cool. and intro of stickpage x) I mean in the climax. the guns and the swords you know it right? btw 6/5.. =u=. But the first part was kinda woblish dough.

Drifts
07-24-2014, 04:24 AM
At first when i saw the intro, i though it was the full animation, I was disappointed that it started well and finished so quickly. But then i saw the splash screen menu and i was like...wait what? That was only the intro.

The length of the animation was very good, and the quality through didn't deter, in fact it got even better. I was especially fond of the final attack with the figure holding the sword. And personally, I'm a fan of the style, the wobbliness suited. Overall, I was extremely impressed. Award well deserved.

poppetje3D
07-24-2014, 04:57 AM
Wow man, FL nordin. That was some really good shit! I agree with drifts. the sword spin attack finisher was siccck! I loved the humour in it too. Great job man!

FL-Nordin
07-24-2014, 05:27 AM
The "wow" factor is high in this one.
I really appreciate all the comments guys, I love reading them <3

Fordz
07-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Wow. Just wow.

and I recall seeing that sword spinning attack in an anime.
Nice animation there! :D

Turquoise#2
07-24-2014, 05:57 AM
Wow. That's literally the sickest shit i've ever seen. Like literally. The intro alone could have been pretty sick, but no. You, being FL-Nordin had to go on and make it better. Bits of humour, risk of copyright infringement and brilliant cinematics make this animation amazing.

Now I NEED to see Resh's Minecraft tribute, because if anything is better than this, it is at a godly level.

Jazzon
07-24-2014, 07:26 AM
After all... I stick to being a huge fan of your work... Fl-Nordin...

Xrebellion
07-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Dude, this is really good. I'm impressed by how much you've gotten better compared to the last thing I saw from you.
I'm expecting that the animations of the pros would be so much better if this was on intermediate.
Now I'm really thinking if I really deserve winning something too lol.

poppetje3D
07-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Now I NEED to see Resh's Minecraft tribute, because if anything is better than this, it is at a godly level.
I agree
It must be insane.

Alien
07-24-2014, 10:43 AM
wow holy crap dude. nice job and i agree with drifts too. You did an outstanding job on this.

_SAVY_
07-24-2014, 10:54 AM
loved that angle with the spinning light saber guy

YEH my balls fell of after watching that part ;v;

Resh
07-24-2014, 11:03 AM
I agree
It must be insane.

Guys pls, The expectations are waaayy 2 high at this point lmao.

TrulyEpic
07-24-2014, 12:36 PM
just as everyone has said it is really well made and the environment really impressed me. it's exquisite

Shuriken255
07-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Told him in skype, but i will told you there too. That was really epic. Mercenary's ult was really awesome. Everything you did was really good. Keep up your awesome work, man! Just keep it up!

EarthquakeAnims
07-24-2014, 01:08 PM
daym.... I REALLY hope the minecraft tribute is better then this because...If it's not..

WOW.
and that Levi scene doe.

Tun3
07-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Wow. Just wow.

and I recall seeing that sword spinning attack in an anime.
Nice animation there! :D

I was saying the same thing. Then i realized it was from AOT. Great animation nordin. i admire your quality of work. u iz my inspurahtion man. great job!

Turquoise#2
07-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Guys pls, The expectations are waaayy 2 high at this point lmao.

You better not dissapoint. The rest of your animating career depends on this. No pressure.

Also, if you went into 'Scene Select', the part with the spinning sword thingy is titled as 'A.O.T', which i assume must mean 'Attack on Titan' :)

FL-Nordin
07-25-2014, 02:48 PM
You better not dissapoint. The rest of your animating career depends on this. No pressure.

Also, if you went into 'Scene Select', the part with the spinning sword thingy is titled as 'A.O.T', which i assume must mean 'Attack on Titan' :)

LOL that pressure
also, YES the AOT stands for (attack on titan) its a little easter egg thingy i did for those maybe still wondering what anime it was from C:

Camila
07-25-2014, 08:46 PM
With all due respect, more than a simple reference I see a straight "copy" here. And I truly think that it shouldn't be encouraged. I do believe that this animation without those references were 1 place worthy, but you can't animate a rip-off from an anime scene/intro like that, which is a forbidden act in animation matters.

FL-Nordin
07-26-2014, 02:07 AM
With all due respect, more than a simple reference I see a straight "copy" here. And I truly think that it shouldn't be encouraged. I do believe that this animation without those references were 1 place worthy, but you can't animate a rip-off from an anime scene/intro like that, which is a forbidden act in animation matters.

hmmmm, but what you are also saying is that i cannot animate the stickpage intro (where the 2 stick run at eachother) into the animation? since that is a thing that have been done in GTL 1 - resistance fall of stick
i kinda placed those 2 things in the same category, so if im not allowed to animate a aot scene, then im not allowd to animate the stickpage intro scene right?
also its not that the aot scene is completly out of nowhere, since the lightsaber guy can spin and dash as a ability

I would like to hear a opinion on this from one of the judges especialy since there might be more GTL's / Competitions to come and to prevent confusion.

Drone
07-26-2014, 02:10 AM
hmmmm, but what you are also saying is that i cannot animate the stickpage intro (where the 2 stick run at eachother) into the animation? since that is a thing that have been done in GTL 1 - resistance fall of stick
i kinda placed those 2 things in the same category, so if im not allowed to animate a aot scene, then im not allowd to animate the stickpage intro scene right?
also its not that the aot scene is completly out of nowhere, since the lightsaber guy can spin and dash as a ability

I would like to hear a opinion on this from one of the judges especialy since there might be more GTL's / Competitions to come and to prevent confusion.
there's a whole thread about this issue man, come on over and let's get the flaming started

Fordz
07-26-2014, 10:23 AM

LoL FL-Nordin, million dollar copyrighted anime is far different from a simple free intro like the Stickpage intro you were talking about.

Mustika
07-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Had watched this for the first time BEFORE that thread about judging you were "rotoscoping" the AOT scene was posted 12 hours later...
Well apart from the ongoing rant at "General Forum" section about this, I'm still mostly supporting you here. Even though you kind of ripped apart the "originality" specification a little bit imho, I still love the overalls and inevitably that AOT ending. Keep making good stuff, man. :) and sorry I couldn't watch your recent BSE entry atm, currently having slow internet connection x_x

FL-Nordin
07-28-2014, 08:09 AM
Had watched this for the first time BEFORE that thread about judging you were "rotoscoping" the AOT scene was posted 12 hours later...
Well apart from the ongoing rant at "General Forum" section about this, I'm still mostly supporting you here. Even though you kind of ripped apart the "originality" specification a little bit imho, I still love the overalls and inevitably that AOT ending. Keep making good stuff, man. :) and sorry I couldn't watch your recent BSE entry atm, currently having slow internet connection x_x

Thanks Mustika, I appreciate that.

Atomicapple
08-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Im a bit late to the party but shit, that was awesome

FL-Nordin
08-20-2014, 07:56 AM
lol you sure you watched mine? jk, thanks Apple, the party kinda ended with a "BANG".