PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft: run, Steve, run

Stickly
08-07-2014, 05:00 AM
A lot of fun to animate this one.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/219/9/7/mine_by_sticklybusiness-d7u28vn.gif

We'll never know what he was late for

Not_Nish
08-07-2014, 06:15 AM
I mostly see this as a critique of modern society's spatial and temporal limitations, almost a diatribe on the quagmire of civilization's greatest bane; the busybody. I see a man who lost all sense of time and purpose, who is struggling with his place in the universe, lashing out against those around him because he does not have the mental tools to sustain his own emotional weight. I see a world that has crushed those who inhabit it with cruelty and loss of dignity but urging them all to take to their lives in such a hurried fashion, never allowing them to stop and smell the flowers, so to speak. I see this as a fantastic social commentary on the modern mind, on the priorities we place towards condominiums, cars, cash and credit cards instead of peace and love. Funny isn't it, how a simply animation can show us the thin line we often straddle between utopia and dystopia?

And nice easing and spacing and all that.

Stickly
08-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Best and most insightful CnC I've had in a while. Thanks, man!

Zed
08-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Hmm. It seems I have started ejaculating uncontrollably. How unsettling.

Stickly
08-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Hmm. It seems I have started ejaculating uncontrollably. How unsettling.

I learned from the best, man. You were the first person to criticize my work and really helped me out a lot over 2 years ago. I still remember it :)

Because of you I kept going, love you bro

Nextris2000
08-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Nice anim bro and so smooth.... loving it