PDA

View Full Version : Breaking The Rust!

Phantom Ace
08-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Trying to remove my rustiness. Also trying to improve my skills when it comes to movements because that's my weakness.

Breaking The Rust!(Don't know if I really broke my rustiness in this one) (http://sta.sh/0fgg7ub43bv)

Weekly 1 : Fancy Stickman(Doesn't look fancy at all xD) (http://sta.sh/0ybeh98q87q)

Criticism would be appreciated. :D

Ruke
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM
my Cnc: <idk, just my opinion>
you need to add some easing, the part where he jumped should make his legs bend to show some force he used to jump...from what you did is like he just floated...
and you could add some woosh effect to show where his arm strikes......

2nd part:
the slicing part is good, but you could add some ease....the 2nd time he sliced, the black guy looks like he is pulled behind....
the blood is also good, but I know you could do better than that.....and always have fun animating!!

I hope my Cnc helps!!:)

Phantom Ace
08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
my Cnc: <idk, just my opinion>
you need to add some easing, the part where he jumped should make his legs bend to show some force he used to jump...from what you did is like he just floated...
and you could add some woosh effect to show where his arm strikes......

2nd part:
the slicing part is good, but you could add some ease....the 2nd time he sliced, the black guy looks like he is pulled behind....
the blood is also good, but I know you could do better than that.....and always have fun animating!!

I hope my Cnc helps!!:)

Thanks! It helps a lot. :D
I don't only know if I could improve my blood actually. But I'll try.

Maroon
08-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I'd like to add that your hits lacks momentum. when an object moving at a high speed comes to a stop it doesn't just immediately come to a full stop or slightly ease into one. the force would either keep the object going slowly--but still very spaced--easing into a stop or recoil as a result of colliding with another object or if restrain with one.

Phantom Ace
08-25-2014, 09:18 PM
I'd like to add that your hits lacks momentum. when an object moving at a high speed comes to a stop it doesn't just immediately come to a full stop or slightly ease into one. the force would either keep the object going slowly--but still very spaced--easing into a stop or recoil as a result of colliding with another object or if restrain with one.

Yeah, yeah, I get that a lot. I always lack force in every animation of mine xD.

Maroon
08-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah, yeah, I get that a lot. I always lack force in every animation of mine xD.
Then you should understand a bit by now. Alright show me what you've learn, apply the criticism I've given on a simplle punch kick punch. You can either make the hits follow through or recoil. Just show me how much you've learned from this.

Phantom Ace
08-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Then you should understand a bit by now. Alright show me what you've learn, apply the criticism I've given on a simplle punch kick punch. You can either make the hits follow through or recoil. Just show me how much you've learned from this.

Yeah, sure. I'd love to do a combo right now, though I'm going to school because I have exams in the afternoon. So maybe after the exams I'll show you how much I've learned from what you said. :D

Maroon
08-26-2014, 07:26 AM
no rush, i'll be waiting.

Phantom Ace
08-26-2014, 11:42 AM
no rush, i'll be waiting.

Yeah, I'll PM you the animation.

Mack
08-26-2014, 09:36 PM
You need to think about your spacing, some movements you have too little frames and others you have too many. Follow through and weight shifting is something you should also think about at all times, without these your movements look very robotic and lack energy or punchy ness! as to speak.

Less frames = Faster movement
More frames = Slower Movement

Generally attacks are anticipation or the build up the the attack (bringing the arm back and releasing it) then 1 frame of actual travel time (usually depicted by the stick with its arm as straight as possible and connecting with whatever it's hitting), and how ever many frames of follow through or easing out as they desire.

Also for blood, I use to try to animate all the blood at the exact same time and couldn't keep up thinking about hundreds of particles and they're own unique particles at the same time. I'm certain no one does it this way, if they do they're goddamn genius. I suggest animating blood, fx liquid, whatever in sections. Animating each particle one at a time, it's time consuming but it's the only way of efficiently keeping track of each particles arcs and movements. Keep going dude, this stuff isn't easy, alot to think about and micro manage at the same time!

Phantom Ace
08-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Woah, that's a long criticism there, pal! That criticism can also help me in animating. And I actually know about the "less frames, faster movements. Many frames, slow movements." thing. Already learned that because I have experimented this before. And yeah, that thing agaim. Really appreciate it Mack. Really appreciate it.